Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 52,781 to 52,800 of 96,614

Anti-Matter

Ah...
It has been 26 years ago i watched Pocahontas Disney animated movie at cinema for the first time when i was grade 5 to 6 student on 30 June 1995. We were watching Pocahontas with my siblings, my Mom and my auntie.

Anti-Matter

Tyranexx

@ThanosReXXX Near the tail end of my previous (well, next to last previous now) response, I briefly mentioned reading something about SatellaView preservation. I'm pretty sure it was an article I read somewhere. It was mainly related to the BS Zelda releases IIRC.

I've had a lot of responses recently as well lol. While I have yet to reach double digit notifications this week, it's certainly happened a time or two. I think part of it is the E3 hype, though I'm only inviting it on myself by posting around the forums a bit more.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations (Switch/AAT)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Tyranexx

@TheJGG In video game/technology terms, the Advance Wars series is ancient. It's not quite as old as the Mario and Zelda series, but the very first game showed up in 1988. The very last game until this newest announcement was Advance Wars: Days of Ruin on the DS in 2008. Didn't realize the file size was 13 GB! I think I'll be sticking with the physical version for this one (er, these two).

Funnily enough, while I own Ys VIII, I haven't played it yet! The main reason why I'm not waiting long on Ys IX is due to the fact that Falcom games don't have the longest print runs. I had to search a bit before I found a physical copy of VIII for a reasonable price. Thankfully the Switch is region-free as it's a copy from the UK. From what I understand, outside of the first two games there's no chronology to the series besides Adol. I've heard VIII is also one of the best series entries. I'm debating whether I want to jump straight into IX or play through VIII first.

I highly recommend getting Metroid Dread if you're interested. It's hard to go wrong with the earlier core entries either...except maybe the original. While I think the very first game should be experienced just once in order to see how the series began, it didn't come with the QoL improvements (such as a map) that many entries so graciously included later. Metroid II: Return of Samus isn't as confusing and is what got me into the series, but it's hard to recommend that version when the 3DS remake is available. The main Prime games are highly recommended as well; they have some FPS elements, but they really do feel like playing a Metroid game in a 3D environment.

I've seen the sky platforms in a few videos and am eager to experience them simply based on how wonderfully crazy the concept is. Thanks for the health regeneration tip; that wasn't an aspect of Master Mode I was aware of. I suppose lore-wise that makes sense, particularly when it comes to the Blood Moon and with Ganon still lording over the land. As for the Blue Bokoblins, I'm sure they're no pushover in Master Mode lol. You call it running away? I just call it "NOPE" repeatedly! I pulled out "NOPE!" a few dozen times when trying to sneak around Lynels before I was ready....

On the FFO character designs: I agree, those ARE better names.

I've heard many decent things about Game Maker. As for Unity, I messed around with that platform back in college, both on my own and for a class. I'd love to jump back into the engine again when I build/get a better PC than my aging personal laptop. Though I'd still have to buy or import open source assets from elsewhere. Honestly, it's amazing what some indie devs churn out. Have you heard of Scriptwelder? The guy used to make Flash games and is still developing, I believe. Before Adobe Flash ended support at the end of 2020, I ran through a lot of his games I enjoyed. Most of them are point & click. I'm quite fond of his Deep Sleep and Don't Escape series. They are bundled together and purchasable on Steam. I'd be fine with buying them eventually, the guy deserves the compensation.

Honestly with Raya and the Last Dragon, it's possible it was in the theater longer than I thought, and they finally rotated it out. With my schedule, until recently I was very bad at keeping track of what movies were airing. Fingers crossed Luca leaves the Disney Vault! As for Sonic the Hedgehog, I think it'll be a fun movie. At the very least, I've heard very good things about Jim Carrey's performance.

Phew. Glad that the Nintendo New York store does have shirts! XD Unless out of sheer necessity, I can't ever see myself living in the heart of a large city, at least long-term. Some agoraphobia aside, I don't think I could ever fully adjust to the constant noise, high prices, and lack of stars. The best part of it would be the public transportation...as long as it isn't too crowded. It would be nice to not have to worry about car maintenance or hitting something (or someone). In some areas like mine, it's very difficult to function without a reliable ride or a driver's license. Almost constant TV ads is why I don't have cable...or watch TV in general anymore. I was at my parents' place recently, and they still have Dish. I can't stand commercials, though my main medium of watching at least something these days, YouTube, is also getting quite bad in that regard....

As for Hyundai, around here it's typically pronounced Ha-yun-day. I like learning about pronunciation differences between regions and countries. It's really jarring when you hear something pronounced differently than what you're used to, but it isn't necessarily wrong. I'm starting to think my family's pronounciation of coupon (cue-pon) might be outside the norm since pretty much every ad out there has it sounded out as coo-pon....What are we doing, starting a revolution? That's what I tend to think about the latter anyway.

I'd legit love to experience 3D World again on a newer platform. Also, in case my Wii U ever kicks the bucket, I'd have an alternative. Bowser's Fury alone would sway me I think. From what you describe, the QoL improvements are certainly welcome too!

I've had a few decent dreams over the years that I still remember, but the vast majority are nothing to write home about or are just plain weird lol. For example, there's no logical way that someone can fly by flapping their arms just once, then rising into the air at mach speed. Or in others, very slowly, maybe to the roof of a two story house. I used to draw on occasion. I can churn out something halfway decent if I really take my time and am patient. However, I certainly could never live off of my art. XD I might put some effort towards drawing again sometime as there's a lot of stuff I'd like to get out of my head. Thanks for the compliment! I do like to write when I put my mind to it, and I try to convey what I want to in the most efficient language I can think of at the time.

Thanks for the best wishes! She's in pretty decent health overall, though she is on blood thinners to prevent blood clots in her legs; it's a genetic malady, unfortunately. I hope you and your family also find joy and fellowship in this crazy period! Did you get that green shield? Gotta be an awesome feeling! Around where I am, cases are low and things are...well, I wouldn't say back to normal, but close to our new normal. Still limiting travel to regional stuff mostly, but if things continue upward I'll probably take a mini-vacation near my birthday this fall.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations (Switch/AAT)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Heavyarms55

Do any of you use a smart watch? And if so would you say it's worth it? What kinds of things do you like about them?

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

jedgamesguy

@Slowdive Indeed I was thinking, hmm…. There’s no hilarious quippy remarks from jump! What’s going on! Hopefully they’re just on a break, everyone needs time away at some point.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

MarioVillager92

@SM3DASislit It was definitely one of the first movies I've ever seen. It is indeed crazy that I grew up with a movie that's like 3 decades older than me, lol. Disney rereleased a lot of their old movies on VHS way back in the day, so that's pretty much why.

@Tyranexx That's what I heard too, and you're absolutely right lol. My cat loves to meow a lot while I'm not around.

Speaking of Metroid Dread, that's the game I'm most looking forward to at the moment. That reminds me, I've been thinking of finally giving Metroid Fusion a full playthrough soon. I've beaten Zero Mission, Samus Returns, and Super Metroid already. I enjoyed my time with Bowser's Fury, it's a nice hybrid of 3D World and Odyssey and it's even got quite a good soundtrack! It's one of the big reasons why I double dipped for 3D World.

@Anti-Matter I think I've seen Pocahontas like once or twice when I was younger, but that's about it. We didn't have that movie in our home back then. I have seen The Lion King in a theater when I was like 2 or 3 though!

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Zuljaras

@Heavyarms55 I don't but I bought one for my fiance she uses it to track how much she walks every day and if it is below 10000 steps we go out to do them in the evening.

Also that way she does not miss phone calls and it is quite handy in tracking other health things like stress levels, heart rate etc.

Anti-Matter

@Slowdive
So....
Amico has been scrapped out ?? 😲
Oh, well...
There is always better product than Amico.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX You (moderated) sucking good for nothing (moderated) piece of (moderated) (moderated), dragging me into this (moderated) with a (moderated) text wall about Forza grass and not even a (very moderated) train reference. Go (really (moderated) moderated) self!

Wait, you did say to speak your mind, right?

seriously, though (@TheJGG), I don't think I have much to add to the whole BC discussion. PS5 does have a handful of games that optimize slightly, GoW did add 60fps 4k mode in bc, same for GoT and TloU2. But.... That's a pretty short list and lots of great games are totally abandoned like gravity rush and sotc. It's pretty minimalistic. Ps fans will try to make comparisons that xB bc isn't all it's cracked up to be and isn't all that different, but, owning both, PS5 feels like a PS5 with a PS4 pro glued onto it plus a few enhanced games. Xsx feels like a pc upgrade where most of your old games run better, many look better, and yes, some are incompatible with the new machine. Some day the xsx is worse because it's merely a pc upgrade... I'm like...aaaand this is a bad thing, why?

NEStalgia

Anti-Matter

@Slowdive
Oh, well...
We can forget about Amico.
It looks have some potential but i still thinking Nintendo is way much better than Amico.

Anti-Matter

Snatcher

@Slowdive What we talking about?

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

I’m very much alive!

Current obsession: Persona 3 reload.

jedgamesguy

Sunsy wrote:

I do remember one time I did play Need for Speed Carbon for a couple of hours trying to beat the final race and gotten nowhere. Also, ended up hurting my arm since I was playing the Wii version. Kind of ruined my enjoyment for the afternoon.

Still like the game, but I go back and just enjoy the races. I did eventually beat that final race too, albeit on the PC version. This was over 10 years ago, nowadays I just play games to have fun, enjoy them, and even enjoy the story that's being offered with them. When I have free time, I want to use it to play or watch something I enjoy.

Racing games are among my favourites, second only to RPGs, because of the amount of variety and consistent enjoyment you can find from them. Some games have dozens of tracks and a range of cars... and that kind of variety can be the difference between 20 hours and 200 hours spent in a game. I do at least one or two custom races a day, and at times I find myself making mistakes and falling away. But never giving up is very important.

I'm not a big fan of story modes in sports games, they are usually very shallow and add little to the overall experience. The F1 2021 game that comes out in two weeks has a short story mode, and while it looks very good it's way too short. On the other hand if you add a story mode you may compromise everything else like.. the actual driving. So I'd rather we didn't have them and instead fine tune the core experience.

Playing games for me is fun because of the combination of gameplay and story. There's appeal to games with just driving, or just hack'n slash, but stories have the chance to change the way we see things. It can teach us lessons, and make us better people.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Snatcher

@Slowdive Oh that thing K thanks.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

I’m very much alive!

Current obsession: Persona 3 reload.

jedgamesguy

@ThanosReXXX I agree with pretty much everything you’ve said, which by the way is very extensive! There’ve been times when people have gotten over addictions, or trauma, but for the most part mental illness is undefeatable. Being strong enough again does nothing, most of the time it’s beyond one’s control.

Thing is, people don’t like help. They like to try and solve problems themselves because they don’t want to “burden” others, or because they didn’t want to “worry” them. When I was with this person I looked up basic medical articles on depression which helped me understand what I could do should something happen. And one of the things that I read was that when people say they are fine, they are not.

That’s just a way of hiding things. I’ve done this in the past, once, during this time when I said I had it under control when really, I didn’t. And the aforementioned person did it to me a lot, saying that my worries were completely unfounded. They were not. I know you said in the past self diagnosis is wrong, and while I agree, reading up on patterns and behaviours and identifying them could be life changing.

That story about your friend’s mother is just awful, I hope the person who found her, or the people around her didn’t suffer from guilt because of it. I’m sorry that happened. You know this already but you did the right thing, separating. Something lesser people would have been afraid to do. My own case is more or less the same, though it happened twice and it didn’t involve romance. Twice, on consecutive years (’19-20) at the same time of year, with the same circumstance. Pursuing it is incorrect because I was treated like that twice. I love myself and I wouldn’t put anyone else through it.

Thank you very much for your detailed explanation, I didn't quite fully get it but thanks to that I do now! Considering the Xbox Series X has the same storage capacity as the PS5 (not really, 802GB compared to 664GB, it's a cakewalk) that must be a pain to manage. PS5 games for the most part have been surprisingly small. Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered is about 50GB, Miles Morales is 40GB, Demon's Souls is 53GB, Final Fantasy VII Remake is 84GB (smaller than on PS4, which was 91GB) and more. That's one way it edges but the tradeoff is very powerful.

I can absolutely see the benefits of having individual tailored emulation experiences on Xbox, and while I'd ultimately prefer just having PS4/5 versions explicitly stated on record this isn't as convoluted as it seems. And playing four generations of games on one system sounds awesome frankly. Their legacy content is very great to see, plus Game Pass, which from the outside looks like a godsend. I'd like to think it's because Microsoft is an American company, that they just have different views on consoles and such, because ultimately Sony's Japan branch makes the choices at the end of the day, not Jim "we believe in generations" Ryan.

NEStalgia wrote:

Seriously, though, I don't think I have much to add to the whole BC discussion. PS5 does have a handful of games that optimize slightly, GoW did add 60fps 4k mode in bc, same for GoT and TloU2. But.... That's a pretty short list and lots of great games are totally abandoned like gravity rush and sotc. It's pretty minimalistic. Ps fans will try to make comparisons that xB bc isn't all it's cracked up to be and isn't all that different, but, owning both, PS5 feels like a PS5 with a PS4 pro glued onto it plus a few enhanced games. Xsx feels like a pc upgrade where most of your old games run better, many look better, and yes, some are incompatible with the new machine. Some day the xsx is worse because it's merely a pc upgrade... I'm like...aaaand this is a bad thing, why?

There's some games that did this, I only played Ghost of Tsushima on PS5 so I can't even imagine playing it in 30fps! It runs so well and so smoothly, that I'd never play it on PS4. Same with NieR:Automata, that game is also a very smooth one. The reason why I don't hate the PS5 library at the moment is because I have a massive library of PS4 games that I haven't played yet. Plus some of them have PS5 upgrades that I can use to experience the game all over.

Can't say much more than that honestly, with Disney. They're out to tell a story (at least the animators and writers are).

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

ogo79

@Zuljaras
its so hard to explain how excited i am for this, the other day i went to my uncles house to talk about my fathers situation, and i mentioned what you were making for me. i cried during my conversation with my uncle about said above.
ive been telling my uncle and aunt about all these positive comments from everyone here, and we all appreciate them

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

ogo79

here i go again, trying to take care of the last finishing touches to the skull shack:
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitledhe will fit perfectly next to him:
Untitled
sorry, collectors gonna collect

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Anti-Matter

@ogo79
There is another Skeleton things you might like.
Zalera from Final Fantasy XII.
Untitled

Anti-Matter

ogo79

@Anti-Matter
thats pretty colorful and great looking

the_shpydar wrote:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic