Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 52,701 to 52,720 of 96,507

ThanosReXXX

@Zuljaras I don't know enough about that Kiwi forum to comment on that, but I can tell you from several occurrences over here, one due to the whole COVID thing, where situations escalated from threatening Tweets to both ministers and people from the various health services involved, to stalking people at their homes and even going so far as setting fire to vaccination locations and another that turned from online stalking of an ex to actually stalking her and ultimately taking her life.

So yeah, if left unchecked, online bullying might very well turn into something far, far worse.

As for how you view mental health issues: no offense, my friend, but that is WAY too short-sighted of you. There isn't a cure-all for everything, and it also doesn't have to do with being stronger or weaker than another person, as I also tried to make clear in my previous comment. It's SO much more complicated than that. Take post-traumatic stress syndrome for example, such as soldiers have. You can treat it and sometimes take away most of the pain, but parts of it always stays with them, and even the weirdest event or a simple word at the wrong time in the wrong place could set them off, causing all kinds of mayhem.

So, in short, you cannot say that phrases like "I am unhappy/depressed for years" should not exist. Maybe not in theory, but real life is something altogether different, and FAR more complicated and diverse than any theoretical solution we might be able to come up with...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

ThanosReXXX

@BruceCM I'm not really looking into it right now, so no titles come to mind. I'm YEARS behind on Xbox One titles, so I'm not even focusing on the current generation.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Zuljaras

@ThanosReXXX That sounds like there is no hope for those people. Do you personally know people like that?

It might be short-sighted but it is all I've got and no offence taken as always

That sounds like a battle that can't be won ... but in one thing I am certain that "sending thoughts and prayers" is not the answer.

Snatcher

@ThanosReXXX I when to check it out, its full of evil people. That place feels like the devil's playground, I had such a sad feeling when I when't, don't do it to yourself, plus they aim at autistic people, bc there easy targets, Sick ******.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Snatcher

@Eel I thought that too.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

Anti-Matter

@ThanosReXXX
I still choose PS5 over than XBOX Series X/S because there is a Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart on it + PS5 game box looks as beautiful as PS4.
Well, I have 2 or 3 PS5 games written on my purchase list.

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Oh, gosh...
Just now my sibling's dog hunt for a mouse inside our living room.
The mouse was hiding behind some cardboard boxes. She has managed to catch the mouse, bitten it then she bring the mouse dead body onto her pillow couch. She didn't hunt the mouse for eating, she just like to hunt the rodents, killed them then bring the dead body to random place.
Oh, actually it wasn't a mouse after I took a closer view.
It was a shrews inside our living room.
Untitled

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Tyranexx

Monday after a long weekend...oy. Seemed to drag on a bit work-wise. Onto the (many) mentions!

@Snatcher Yep! It's a shot of Giratina's Altered Form; while its Origin Form is better IMO, I found the image to be quite wonderfully haunting. It IS a partial Ghost type, after all. It helps that it's also a Dragon type, one of my favorite types in the series.

@roy130390 Glad to read that A Hat In Time isn't a huge collectathon! I don't mind 3D platformers in general, but I've been put off in the past with the sheer amount of collecting that occurred in many platforming games when they first emerged in the late 90s. I've heard good things about the title, but I've always been on the fence. I'll keep an eye out for future sales and might jump for it then. Thanks!

@Link-Hero Will do, when I have the time and am in the mood for some animated darkness.

@Anti-Matter You seem to be pretty creative with nicknames! I liked reading about the relationships between the names and the various languages, mythologies, and games you borrowed them from. I did recognize some of those Final Fantasy names, though to date I've only played Final Fantasy VI. Nicknames can be fun. I don't always use them in games. Only if I think up something clever to use.

@Zuljaras I think why MoF flew under the radars of many was the lukewarm reception many (At least on the internet at the time) had to the Lords of Shadow series in general. I haven't played any of the games outside of the 3DS demo, so I can't really comment. But on paper at least, I found the plotlines pretty intriguing. Could be because I haven't played a lot of classic Castlevania titles either, outside of Super Castlevania IV (Which I did enjoy).

I really liked what I did play of the demo back then. I think I even exhausted most of its total uses (Still a weird requirement, but eh). It reminded me of what I'd seen of the classic games from YT footage, so I think part of the goal with MoF was to rope in fans of the more traditional titles.

On Sing 2: I really enjoyed the first movie. The main problem is that some people wrote it off as capitalizing on Zootopia's success when they're completely different. The first movie wouldn't win movie of the year or anything, and it didn't really do much new in the grand scheme of things. But it was an enjoyable watch, a film I'd certainly view again.

I did watch the new trailer a day after it dropped. While I wonder if the trailer didn't show a little too much, I do like a lot of the songs they profiled. I'm pretty much sold with the inclusion of System of a Down's Chop Suey alone lol. Also with a certain Eminem song, at least if I suspected they'd feature more of it lol.

Still trying to figure out what animal the thing is at the very beginning of the trailer. The one singing Billie Eilish.

@ThanosReXXX Ah, my bad. I took your wording to mean that you hadn't played the Golden Sun titles at all! XD Makes sense that you want to check them out in that certain format.

Psh. The internet? Toxic? Nobody is ever toxic on the internet! Federation Force is the worst Metroid game ever, Undertale can only be played a certain way, and everyone knows the cake is a lie! Everything is true on the internet, after all.

Ah, thanks for the correction on Famicom Wars; I admittedly didn't know it was exclusively for the Satellaview! Somehow I thought it was available on the normal Famicom as well. I did know the Satellaview was (unfortunately) Japan-only, however. I recall reading something awhile back about a preservation project regarding some of its exclusives.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Snatcher

@Tyranexx I'm a ghost type and fire type freak.

Snatcher

Ok so I just Saw luca and I have to say. The movie was great, It was amazing actually, Waay better then I first thought, First I want to say, I did find the first part of the movie very rushed, But After that it was paced pretty well, I love the characters, There different and that what they wanted them to be. the villain was actually funny, He wasn't too annoying like I thought he'd be, And I have to say I just loved how (I can't remember his name) was like a farther to alberto.

This is without me going into super detail bc i'm still forming my thoughts so My opinions on this now can change later.

And one more thing, were the hell did the Gay thing come from???? People made that out of the middle of no were bc there was no gay parts in this movie, I just felt friendship and nothing else, so they really need to stop forcing a idea thats not there, bc it was no were in this film.

Anti-Matter

@Tyranexx
I have Metroid Prime Federation Force but I almost didn't touch it for long time.
I was in the mission 11 , 12 , 13 if I remembered last time playing.
The reason i picked Federation Force because it has Chibi looking pilot, Gameplay with 1st person view almost like Armored Core since I have seen my siblings played Armored Core games on PS2. It wasn't a bad game in my opinion but it made me thinking twice everytime I have to continue the next mission. The mission was not very long but already intimidated me.

Oh, you did mention about Golden Sun.
I have the NDS version (Dark Dawn) since August 2015 but still have never continued the progress when I was in the city like Thailand. Not a bad game but when you play RPG games, you need some engagement to continue the progress. If you are not in the serious mood to play RPG games at the moment, to continue the game progress was like doing tedious chores or intimidating tasks. I might continue my Dark Dawn someday when I'm already in the mood to play it.

Oh, gosh.
This morning was quite hilarious.
My sibling's dog caught a mouse in our living room this morning, she chased after it, killed it and drop the dead body on her pillow couch. But after a closer view it was a shrews, not a mouse.

Anti-Matter

Eel

@Snatcher it’s human nature to attribute meaning to things. People like to find a little bit of themselves in the media they enjoy. Wether it was intended or not, it’s possible to anyone to come up with a conclusion that means something to them.

This movie in particular was very careful to avoid direct references to anything more than platonic companionship between the kids. Even between Giulietta and Luca, it’s ultimately clear that his interest is entirely intelectual. But that won’t stop some people from pairing them together in their heads.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Anti-Matter

@Snatcher
I love bromance relationship.
Intimate brotherhood relationship is something I like to see.
Like from Wild Kratts series.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Snatcher

@Eel Well thats fine, but I have to tell you everyone was saying thats what it was for a fact. But A lot of Gay people kinda found it baiting bc when they watched it, they didn't find anything! My only issue is they were pushing something that wasn't there, then told people that it was there.

Snatcher

@Anti-Matter Yes thats what it is, there just bros being bros.

Eel

As I said,

Eel wrote:

@Snatcher it’s human nature to attribute meaning to things. People like to find a little bit of themselves in the media they enjoy. Wether it was intended or not, it’s possible to anyone to come up with a conclusion that means something to them.

This movie in particular was very careful to avoid direct references to anything more than platonic companionship between the kids. Even between Giulietta and Luca, it’s ultimately clear that his interest is entirely intelectual. But that won’t stop some people from pairing them together in their heads.

I ultimately fail to find the people forcing the gay angle here. But I’m sure there’s people that will accept that as their headcanon, and that should not affect other people’s enjoyment of the movie.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Snatcher

@Eel Oh I missed what you said at the bottom, just the top sorry LOL. Ya I get what your saying.

Snatcher

@Eel Oh ok, Bc When I saw it I thought you meant it was as such.

Eel

And for some other interpretations of the movie!… I have the theory that Giulietta's dad killed Alberto’s parent and was able to make the connection when he saw his sea monster form, which is why he was so quick to make a 180º on his grudge against sea monsters.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic