Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 52,681 to 52,700 of 96,314

jedgamesguy

@BruceCM That means there hasn't been a single game (or rather, only a single game ) that takes true advantage of the Xbox Series X hardware?! Dear God that ain't good.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG

BruceCM

The PS games are a bit more complicated but most have been releasing for both 5 & 4 as well, @TheJGG .... Couldn't say how much better the cross-gen games are on the current consoles, of course, since I don't look into that

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

jedgamesguy

@BruceCM Now because of PS5 shortages games that were PS5 exclusive are now getting a PS4 edition as well. Gran Turismo 7 and God of War: Ragnarok to name a few. I think this is a very poor move, now these games will be held back by previous generation hardware.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23

Snatcher

@TheJGG I hate that sony didn't do anything about it in the first place, just let them buy up all the PS5's good idea sony.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

BruceCM

Well, it is usually only after a console has been out for awhile that you get games really taking advantage of the improvements on last gen, @TheJGG .... I'm sure those that have managed to get the current consoles can tell you just how much better games are on them

SW-4357-9287-0699

jedgamesguy

@BruceCM I have a PS5, so I’m not missing out on various titles… I was very lucky to get one and I’m repaying that luck by using it! The haptic feedback is really tactile and some of the loading times are beyond belief. It’s love at first sight. Could help with a racing game made for it though… maybe in 2023.

@Snatcher It’s good for convenience but they’ve really undermined their idea of separating console generations. It’s one big mess right now…

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23

BruceCM

So, do the cross-gen games play quite a bit better on that, @TheJGG ....?

SW-4357-9287-0699

jedgamesguy

@BruceCM For sure. Some of them have been mind blowing… No Man’s Sky performs super well, no lag, frame rate dips or any of that, FF7 Remake runs so smoothly and has near instant loading times, and most PS4 games run at 60fps with very good loading times as well. I love the adaptive triggers, those are very fun to use when needed. The controller’s so solid and has so much tech.

Overall it’s been great! Helps the console is beautiful!

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23

BruceCM

Well, then, @TheJGG .... Imagine what it'll be like in a couple of years when the games aren't on PS4, too & the devs have got used to the new hardware, so they're able to make games take full advantage of that, etc

SW-4357-9287-0699

ogo79

@Snatcher
ah i thought you meant a series of skeleton figures...

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

jedgamesguy

@Tyranexx Really?! Advance Wars is that old? Must be even better to see this game have the ultimate legacy content treatment. And to see two Advance Wars titles in one as well… I think I’m going to enjoy this series a lot. Not encouraged too much about the file size, seeing as how it clocks in at over thirteen gigabytes, but Christmas is around the corner so I could probably get away with ordering a physical copy online.

I’m planning to buy Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana, digitally this week, at least in the next six days since that’s when the sale ends. I saw the game was on sale for £16.66, down from £49.99, so I’m very sure I’ll have it by the time the week’s up. You mention that you plan to buy Ys IX: Monstrum Nox (what a title though), and I also asked around and got a lot of strong opinion that Ys VIII is one of if not the best game in the series thus far. I’m concerned about the 14.8 GB size but I’ve considered getting a larger microSD card for some time now so that’s something I’ll have to look into for the future. Can you recommend Ys VIII as well?

I was certainly quite excited when I saw the game get revealed but I had absolutely no idea just how much this meant. I saw Arlo’s video of his live reaction to the reveal and it’s like he had a stroke. It’s genuinely heartwarming to see people so universally excited for a game like this. I can’t share it since I have never even seen a Metroid game but I’ve heard good things about the series and as a core Nintendo franchise I’d be a bit of an idiot not to buy it.

That’s one of the places I was talking about in Breath of the Wild. Sometimes I warp to that location specifically to get the weapon smashed into the tower. The Master Mode sky platforms throw the entire game balance out the window, not only with how hilariously contrived the idea is but also because of what weapons they give. One thing you may or may not know about Master Mode is that if left alone too long (so about four to five seconds) enemies will start regenerating health! I thought little of it until I finally wracked up the courage to fight one of the Blight bosses, specifically Waterblight Ganon. I probably beat that fight the fastest I’ve ever done it, easily half a minute. I was shooting so many arrows it didn’t have a chance to get health back. Before long it was gone. The trick? Use a five shot burst Mighty Lynel Bow with shock arrows.

I disagree that Blue Bokoblins will be easy at first, because you’ll likely be using a Tree Branch to whittle down their health. I encourage you to do what I did… one of the most tried and true strategies in the game… running away. I swear though taking down your first Blue Bokoblin in Master Mode is as satisfying as beating the game.

Well with FFO’s character designs any Tom, Dick and Harry can waltz in, grab a sword and hunt down Chaos. In fact those are probably better names. Thomas, Richard and Harry. At least the names match the looks. Better yet, take them all out and replace them with the three hosts of Top Gear / The Grand Tour. At least we’d get some top notch writing. If they replaced the protagonists with Jeremy Clarkson, James May and Richard Hammond, I’d buy the game.

Well in terms of 1.5-person development teams Stardew Valley hit the mark dead on. If I get more bored this summer I may download Unity or Game Maker. I need summer sustenance. In any case the quality and polish of this game rivals major studios’ big hits, and goes to show the level of talent in indie gaming. Undertale has worse pixel art but is always worth a shot, to learn about mercy, genocide, and violence. It didn’t register as hard as it should have for me but I think it’s a very powerful message.

A lack of interest?! How’s that even work? It’s a Disney movie! The two Disney animated films released this year have been very high quality so they’re always worth a shot. I wouldn’t say Sonic the Hedgehog is worth a Saturday or Sunday but it’s still worth watching at least once in your life. Hopefully Luca leaves the Disney Vault, it’s too good to miss as well.

No, they sell shirts. I was just too silly to get one. I don’t remember specifically, and no doubt it’s changed since my visit on Dec. 31, 2018, but I have no doubt that there’ll be stuff that appeals to everyone. I wouldn’t live in New York either, space is at such a premium price that even five star hotel areas for an entire family are the size of two, or even one room over here. Public transportation evoked a sense of nostalgia for me, because I used to use the Metro daily when I lived in Paris. It was quite fun, even if you encountered some very… interesting folk in the subway. We mostly stuck to walking outside though, even if it was very cold, and very wet. Lived the American Dream for two weeks, including experiencing the drawbacks of television. Ads every five minutes, and they can’t say Hyundai correctly! It’s not Hunday it’s Hyundai! H-yoon-dai… right?! I dunno.

Hope you make the right choice with 3D World, I firmly believe that it makes little difference getting it or not, though I’ll concede Bowser’s Fury is great. The performance is important though, and some QoL features help too. There’s some very subtle changes that go a really long way. I noticed, for example, that in Super Mario Odyssey, for the first time you could seamlessly roll into, or Ground Pound into, a pipe. Usually you’d stop before entering, stand upright and go in. This was added to 3D World. And many more things of course. It feels much slicker, and easier to play than ever.

These fever dreams haven’t happened much but I shudder hosting the three bros in my fever dream. Your childhood dreams sounded very fun at the time, if I was more talented I’d try and paint or draw this castle setting. I don’t know if you’re a drawing person but if you are that’s a pastime. Your description of how you felt with illness is so vivid it’s making me tense up… that’s the power of words. The only positive I can come up with is that you know what to do should it happen again, and that’s already something we don’t want happening again.

Your grandmother’s eighty?! Another incredible milestone, my best wishes go out. I hope you all found some joy in this difficult transition period, though vaccines are rolling out. Tomorrow I think I should get my green shield, meaning I’m free to go out… except that this thing is supposed to lift July 4. I can wait though. Thanks for the similar wishes, I hope my next few Sundays have activity planned! How’s the whole situation over in IL?

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23

Anti-Matter

Yokai Watch 3 Tempura 3DS is currently steal my attention from every games I have. I still keep digging the game when I felt bored with certain games.

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Untitled

This is my sibling's dog, her name is Sweety but we usually called her TT.
She is 6 years old now, this is her looking laying down on a pillow when I took photo yesterday.
I wasn't sure what kind of this dog, my brother said she was half mutt half Golden Retriever. She is very unique as she is obsessed with mouse / rats so when she heard a noise of mice squeak, she will rush to find the squeak source. She is really good at hunting mouse / rats but sometimes she hunted other innocent small animals such as lizard, sparrow. She didn't eat the prey, she just killed the prey then bring the dead body to random place (usually around backyard). She is not really getting along well with strangers, cats and other dogs. She was a bully for other dogs like she didn't hesitate to scratch or pound other dogs with her paw when she was getting really close. She is also very spoilt with her owner, my brother as he adopted her when she was around 4 months on year 2015. When my brothers are still working in our shop, she always felt lonely and if I was in the house before my brothers go home after working time, sometimes she tends to getting closer to me, wants some attention and getting petted. She could hear the sound of our car getting closer to our house even from far away and she will getting anxious and running around. When my brother want to sleep at night, she will follow him and she will lay down next to his bed. She is literally sleeping in our bedroom.
Well, that's all about our dog.

Anti-Matter

Vortexeo

@TheJGG You're buying Ys VIII too?

Add me on switch if you like Xenoblade :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3720-5613-4522

Snatcher

@Zuljaras Actually, Ya. they had some pretty good songs and it wasn't just ones that was popular at the time, they took all kinds of songs and put them into this movie, The voice acting was also nothing to sneeze at bc these guys can Sing. Just one thing worry's me about this movie, and its the plot, the plot so far for this movie looks good but it can go wrong so fast, They can't overwrite what came before and just throw out character development we got from the first film.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

ThanosReXXX

@Zuljaras I just meant expose as an option. The obvious goal would be to shut them down. Even though I may not understand or agree with certain minority groups, long as they're not Nazis or any other kind of fascists or criminals, I don't mind them living their own lives as they want to, and people that feel that they should force their way of life or their ideas upon others, or that think it's okay to bully people into submission, those are the exact kinds of people that I personally like to beat into a pulp, because it brings out the old, pre-anger management controlled me, and that's NOT a nice person to be around.

I've worked hard for many years to bury that part of myself, but for low-life trash like that, I'll gladly let the monster out again for a little while...

As for the "just ignore them" part: that was impossible in this case. If people are actively hunting you down, to a point where every move you make online is followed, and subsequently negatively commented on, then there will be a point for every one of us where it is enough. And it's not for us to judge whether or not we should just be able to shrug that off and go on living. Maybe you and I would be able to, but all people are different, so we can't ever compare 1:1.

@Tyranexx Haha, I think you misunderstood: I already know and have played the Golden Sun games. What I meant with "I need to check them out" is that I already have them installed on my modded Wii, I just haven't had the time to try, aka check all the games out, so I'll need to do that at some point. Perhaps my wording could have been a bit more clear, but I hope I've rectified that mistake now.

As for Other M and the popular internet crowd: yeah... I think we've already established long since that the internet can be pretty darn toxic with it's judgmental, anonymous keyboard warriors and basement dwelling amoebas...

P.S.

Famicom Wars, even though called that, was not released on the regular Famicom: it was a so-called Satellaview exclusive. The Satellaview BS-X was the satellite modem add-on for the Famicom, aka the Famicom disk system:
Untitled
This never released in the West, as you may know, although nowadays, it can either be imported or emulated, and some titles are definitely worth it, Famicom Wars most certainly being one of them.
@Snatcher You're welcome.

@Eel That was one heck of a weird video, and the end completely flew over my head. No, scratch that: ALL of it went over my head...

@TheJGG I think I may have worded that incorrectly then: I've mentioned quite a few pages back that Disney movies are indeed both for kids AND adults, and obviously so, because of the hidden jokes and/or references that only adults will get, and if you believe the tin foil brigade, all the subliminal messaging, especially in the older Disney movies.

So, that wasn't the point I was making. What I meant by that previous comment is that you can't expect a 100 percent correct visualization, much less realization of human relationships to appear in an animated movie that only lasts for 1,5 hours at most, so they have to fast-forward a lot of stuff and so they kiss and make up a gazillion times faster than in real life. Holding a grudge in Disney movies will therefore at most last about 1 hour and 20 minutes...

As for my "interpretation" of Luca: that's not my interpretation, it's the official message of the movie according to its own makers...

And concerning your comment on true next gen titles on Xbox Series X/S vs PS5: Sony is doing far, FAR worse in that regard, because they're choosing the backward path, whereas a lot of cross-gen titles on Xbox have extensive extras, in the form of additional texture packs and so on, so those titles will feature an "optimized for Xbox Series X/S" logo on the cover, meaning that it will look considerably better on the newer console.

No holding back generations shenanigans for Microsoft, then. They've definitely learned from their mistakes, and are making huge strides towards improvement, in several areas. Meanwhile, I see Sony going from bad to worse. They grew complacent, being at the top, and are now slowly but surely being overtaken and replaced, unless they take action to remedy it.

Much like your boy Lewis Hamilton, who'll pretty soon be crushed by our boy Max Verstappen...

@BruceCM Yeah, I know, but I've already got too much of a back log as it is, so no need to add even more to it. Although I probably will add a few more titles across both Xbox One and Switch, and perhaps I'll also pad out my modest Wii U collection a little bit more, before the year is over. Unfortunately, I do know myself and if here's any discounts to be had, I'll probably cave...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Zuljaras

@ThanosReXXX Maybe you are right but I also can't trust sites like ResetEra. They are too political and I do not know if there is actual proof that some group of vile people are trying to ruin your life (actively, like stalking you IRL etc. mean words online is still not illegal). Couple of posts from some forum users is not enough for me. How are they doing this? Do they follow you in real life etc.? I just can't believe this is happening and nobody knows ... and all of the sudden it is a fact.

People actually get in trouble for less these days so there is something wrong in the whole picture!

The best way to approach this is to make people take their mental health seriously instead of knowingly digging their graves deeper and deeper.

Phrases like "I am unhappy/depressed for years" should not even exists if a person is actually seeking help. Also having friends and family is the BEST medicine! If a person is running away from those ... well it only ends one way

Edited on by Zuljaras

BruceCM

Heh, I'm sure we all have a similar problem, @ThanosReXXX .... But there's bound to be some games in particular you hope will go on good sales?

SW-4357-9287-0699

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic