Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 52,661 to 52,680 of 96,536

Snatcher

@Eel Oh lord it was a MeatCanyon video, I didn't even see it yet, darn you!

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Snatcher

@Eel I really liked the garfeald one TBH.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

Eel

@Snatcher this latest one is the coolest one so far! Not so deep into being weird for the sake of parody, it actually works as its own thing.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

NintendoByNature

@Questions333 only one man knows.....and that's lord zoidzod..problem is, he only comes out once every generation so there's no telling when that'll be. It could be vaporware at this point.

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

@TheJGG The Advance Wars series is actually much older than the GBA and, I believe, started as Famicom Wars on that system back in the day. The series has been on most Nintendo systems since up until the Wii and DS. Territories outside of Japan (as what sometimes seems to be the case) didn't receive any of the titles until the first Advance Wars on the GBA. Interestingly enough, just browsing the Wikipedia page has revealed that the West actually received both GBA titles first, whereas Japan received both of those titles along with Game Boy Wars Advance 1+2.

Metroid Dread was rumored to be in dev limbo for years before it was ultimately canceled. Just about everyone thought the title was well and truly dead. The announcement was probably the most excited any series fan has been since Prime 4's development was teased a few years ago. I'm excited enough despite being a relatively new fan to the series (Mentioned elsewhere, but I've played/beaten most titles in the series barring a couple of games in the Prime sub-series), so I'm sure longtime fans are even more excited than I am! I'm familiar with a little of MercurySteam's work. Besides playing through the excellent Metroid: Samus Returns, I also enjoyed the 3DS demo for Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate that they worked on. To this day, I still regret not buying that game, but I was a college student that had to make some tough financial choices between what games I bought at that point in time. The game never received a digital download on the eShop. It has hit other platforms, though the most accessible would be through Steam.

In BotW, it was rare in my playthrough for me to stumble across a really powerful weapon, but it did happen a few times. Mainly some rare finds in out-of-the-way areas that I'd stealthed to. In fact, if I recall, the tower in the same area as the Korok Forest has a powerful sword stuck on top of it. I did also manage to crack a couple of combat shrines earlier than technically doable due to...sheer luck. Let's just say I learned early that electricity is very beneficial for those fights. Armor acquisition was naturally gradual in my playthrough. Appreciate the info on how saving works in Master Mode; I'm one who habitually saves early and often! Now that I'm wiser, I daresay Blue Bokoblins in Master Mode shouldn't give me that much trouble...One of those led to my first real blister on the Great Plateau. So frustrating since I couldn't hit it very hard, but sooo satisfying once I took the little bugger down.

Jack, Ash and Jed? Almost better off calling them Bob, Tim, and John at that rate. At least one has a tenuous link to an eternally youthful character in a certain multi-billion dollar monster collecting franchise....

You certainly praise Stardew Valley highly! I'd say it's earned it; it's rare I've "met" someone on the internet who dislikes the game. Even more impressive was that a majority of the work was all done by one person! That takes time, dedication, talent, and a ton of patience. I've never personally developed a game outside of some messing around in Unity and on other creativity platforms back in the day, but I do know enough about the process to have some inkling of what's all involved...a LOT. I'd at the very least would need to buy some graphical assets for a game or hire someone who knows pixel art and/or 3D modeling like the back of their hand. Very impressive, and I'm glad it seems all of ConcernedApe's efforts are paying off!

I've seen some Undertale screen shots, and I agree that at times the game is hard to look at. But at other times, there's a certain charm to the art style that draws me in. Hard to explain really. Probably rooted in nostalgia lol. From what little I do know of the game intrigues me, so that plus its positive reception (and relatively short runtime, admittedly) has me curious. Truth be told, I didn't entirely grasp why so many complained about the fanbase until recently when I searched why some people had problems with it. I had some idea, but...yeah, parts of that fanbase are definitely toxic. I'm thankful I didn't dive into it enough on YT to experience some of the most unsavory elements.

I'm assuming Raya and the Last Dragon was pulled due to a lack of interest. It's very possible it was in theaters longer than I thought; with the pandemic and all, I'd forgotten the local movie house had reopened. It's more a regional chain and not a nationwide one, but they were playing things pretty careful all the same. I just checked and they actually are airing a mix of new and "recent" movies. One is actually Sonic The Hedgehog, which I haven't seen and kind of want to. Problem is, it's part of their summer kids movie series, which only runs during the day. So I'll have to catch it on a weekend thanks to work. No times posted for next weekend yet though....I do want to see Luca, mainly because the trailers and premise really roped me in. My guess is they'll air it after Disney lets it float off of Disney+.

Waitaminute, Nintendo's New York store doesn't have t-shirts? Literally almost all tourist destinations I've been to have some form of shirt saying "Hey, I was at [place]!" Sounds like there's plenty of other cool merch that I definitely wouldn't go a little over budget on.... I definitely would've grabbed that cap! I'd like to visit New York City at some point, though I'd certainly never live there...or at least drive there. I've heard it's a nightmare and that one is better off to sticking with public transportation.

I'm not a huge performance or graphics nut unless it truly counts in the games I'm playing. That said, I am tempted by 3D World's upgrades. Particularly since I briefly replayed World 1-1 on my Wii U yesterday evening. I'd like to get it again just to try out Bowser's Fury. Plus, my Wii U copy is actually digital; it was, along with NintendoLand, bundled in with my Wii U when I bought it in mid-2015.

Disco Elysium is certainly on my radar; I don't mind a bit of reading now and again, especially since I've started picking up the occasional visual novel. I'd love if Miles Morales (and a list of other games) miraculously made the Switch, but I doubt that'll happen unless it's a Cloud version or some studio performs a technical miracle.

My tentative purchase schedule for the rest of the year (subject to change): Ys IX: Monstrum Nox early next month, The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles in late July (standing in for August), probably Age of Calamity in September, Metroid Dread day one (or close to it) in October, and November...is up in the air. I might go ahead and pick up one of the remainders of my wanted 3DS acquisitions then. I usually don't pick up anything in December unless there's a really good holiday sale since I'm usually bound to get a game or two as a gift. I keep my list short and specific and am also very open about when something is or will become discounted.

That sounds like a crazy fever dream, though one I'd probably characterize as "weird but awesome" minus the FFO characters if any appeared. I've had a few of those, some genuinely awesome ideas have sprung from a couple. I still vaguely recall a Dinobots fueled one when I was a kid. THAT was awesome. I was riding an Apatosaurus-like one through a dark, moody city. Certainly NOT fueled by the cartoons at the time, I'm sure.... I wouldn't wish true pneumonia on anyone; it was hard to breathe, like tight bands of metal were slowly constricting my chest. Probably one of the highest fevers I've had, though through OTC meds I was feeling almost normal right before I left for the doctor. I literally slept most of the morning. Illness is weird. You can be hot one second, then freezing the next. Thanks, and I hope you stay in good health as well. I hope you enjoyed your Sunday! Mine was good, albeit busy. My maternal grandmother's b-day is tomorrow, so we held a family thing today to help her celebrate. 80 years of age! That doesn't roll around every day.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Tyranexx

@Snatcher Ah, A Hat In Time! That's a game I've considered picking up, but the price point keeps putting me off. I've heard many decent things about it, though I do hope it isn't a total collectathon like some N64 Rare games were. I do like voiced characters. It's also nice to know where your username stems from.

@Eel Color me curious! I'd have to be in the right mood to watch some of that it seems, but I am up for a little of the macabre on occasion. Not sure if I've heard of MeatCanyon before this point, though that name is certainly quite descriptive for the channel lol.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Snatcher

@Eel Even if he makes really er off putting stuff, he is really talented.

@Tyranexx Well the game is pretty short for the price, but the game itself is more then worth it, I just notice but your avatar is from Pokemon right?

roy130390

@Tyranexx A Hat in Time does have collectibles but it isn't it's main focus. The game constantly reinvents itself with new objectives and is easily my favourite 3D platformer ever. It's was also on sale recently along with all of it's DLC which usually gives you about 10-15 hours on the average playthrough without collecting everything and doing all of the optional stuff.

Edited on by roy130390

Switch Friend Code: SW-3916-4876-1970

jedgamesguy

Woke up to have double digit notifications. I’ll be very busy today indeed. But I want to touch on what is easily one of the most tragic events of the year. I only just found out Near had taken their life and this truly saddens me. I didn’t know anything about him but it’s still a truly shocking event. This speaks worlds about what’s wrong with the world. People being bullied for just being different.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Anti-Matter

@Tyranexx
There are some Yokai i named with different languages, depend on their looking.
For example the Yokai i named with Indonesian language since i am Indonesian people such as Wazzat with Lupa (Lupa = Forget), Usapyon with Kelinci (Kelinci = Rabbit), Slippy with Sandal (Sandal = Slipper), etc.
Some Yokai i named with English words such as Lamedian with Lame, Slugger with Baseball, Buhu with Sorrow, etc.
Some Yokai i named with god & goddess from Roman / Greek mythology as i have mentioned before.
Some Yokai i named with Final Fantasy summon such as Frostina / Blizzie with Shiva, El Dorago with Bahamut, Chansin with Yojimbo, Mython with Leviatan (Without H since it was limited into 8 letters), Neighfarious with Ixion, etc.

Oh, i just remembered that i should talk to Yokai Ghostess at public bath house beside the stairs to get another 1 chance for Crank-a-kai yesterday so by total i should have 31 chances. 😅

Anti-Matter

jedgamesguy

@Sunsy That's a fantastic attitude to have, it means you won't need to subject yourself to monotony when it comes to your gaming. Sometimes I'll manage to eke 400 hours out of a game and sometimes I won't, and that's purely down to enjoyment, or sometimes a lack thereof. In Demon's Souls' case I probably won't play it for a while until I somehow find enough raw gaming talent to power through that.

@Snatcher No problem, hopefully you'll have more to add when you see it. It reminds me of Frozen II when people kept asking for Elsa to get a girlfriend. I assume this whole expectation was based on the misappropriation of sisterly love, because of how close Anna and Elsa are by the end of the first film.

You can't just magick that stuff out of nowhere, if you want to make an LGBTQ+ representation you'd need to design a character around that trait from the very start. Not just shovel it in after one film which had no indication whatsoever.

@ThanosReXXX Yeah that's a fair interpretation of Luca's message, one I honestly didn't even consider when thinking about the film. I disagree a little with your logic with Disney films, while they are predominantly made for entertainment there's a group of films that have such clever writing and subtlety that deserved to be watched as a child and then as an adult.

The Incredibles is one such film; it has child humour and adult humour, sometimes at the same time. If you were a child when seeing this film, you'd see it back then and then watch it now, and you'd pick up a lot of new stuff. Vivid details? That's basically me.

Life isn't fair. But in the context of a global pandemic Luca's the perfect film to come out. It has bright colours, a very distinct aesthetic, a sense of nostalgia, and positive emotion. It's not the most complex film but it still works.

@Snatcher About Trials of Mana, feel free to by all means! I've played through almost all of the game (one route) so I have a good gist of how it works. I did play it on easy though so difficulty wise I'm uninformed. Any questions, ask and I'll do what I can to answer.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Snatcher

@TheJGG Wow you really do think like me. If yall want LGBQ characters, please make your own.

Zuljaras

@Snatcher Just to add that this probably will not get the desired reaction from the viewers as the people from that group are extremely small percentage. The movie, game makers etc. want to make something that causes lots of people to react. Either negative or positive. As they say "There is no bad advertisement!"

I remember in the TV series Gotham they made one of the main characters ... the well know Penguin gay and in love with the Riddler. That was inspired by his actor who is gay and married in real life. The backlash was so huge from the fans that they reverted the thing in the next season like it never happened

The truth is that if a main trait in a character is their sexual orientation it will not be interesting or valuable at all. Who people go to bed with give zero personality to any valuable aspects of the story. Unless some overzealous inclusive brigade is watching that only cares about that!

So I agree with you. If they want to add a new Gay, Black or any other ethnic or social/something just create a new one and do not try to ruin existing characters

Edited on by Zuljaras

Snatcher

@Zuljaras Yes, I'm so glad there are people with me on this.

Snatcher

@Zuljaras BTW the Riddler and the penguin thing sounds like some fanfic stuff NGL. (Not to be rude)

Zuljaras

@Snatcher well I can't speak for others but that is how I feel

I used to be very intolerant towards homosexuality in the past. Nowadays I am more accepting of most stuff. There are still things from that community that I can't accept but I never go out of my way to cause trouble. Like you I just don't want certain news to be shoved in my face. On many platforms there is a system to filter those things but on some you see what they give you

Edited on by Zuljaras

ogo79

@Zuljaras
at least you can say home.
im sure it gets boring, thats what i do these days...

ThanosReXXX wrote:

@ogo79 You're welcome. As for that other user: for all the time he hung around here before he passed, he sure didn't comment much, and forum topics visited predominantly about American Football, and a bit of Marvel here and there. First impressions certainly wouldn't peg him as a gamer...

yeah he was on here for football like im all over skeleton toys. but dont get me wrong i used to be a huge retro game collector, all the rare crap.

bimmy-lee wrote:

@ogo79 - That giant Inhumanoids figure is probably worth a fortune. Big and rare. Best I can do is offer you that color changing Swamp Thing figure that’s stuck in its chest in the second pic, but only if it’s in the old toy bin. I’ll let you know.

i dont want swamp thing, im getting ready to get bone head from the swamp thing toy line again, my dad bought him for me when i was a kid, so its funny you mentioned those figures
lol d compose from the inhumanoids is hard to find. the broken head goes for like 80 dollars. but id buy a new one if i knew one was available. i dont know how this sounds but the price is fine, id try to lower it possibly, but id pay whatever asking price was if i had to. when it comes to something in my collection i dont give a damn how much it costs. i get it because i just have to.
@Snatcher
but what is hades? im lost in my searching...

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

BruceCM

Well, the only game so far released for only Series consoles is The Medium, @ThanosReXXX .... Everything else coming this year is for XB1 as well

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Snatcher

@Zuljaras Me too, I have been waay more open towards it then I did in the past.

@ogo79 I'm sorry If I forgot, could you quote the comment for me saying something like that?

Edit: I just remember'd, Hades is a rougelike game, Just look up hades rougelike, It was even at the game awards last year.

Edited on by Snatcher

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic