Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 52,481 to 52,500 of 96,481

BruceCM

Well, we've certainly liked looking at pictures .... All depends how much room people have for the actual figures, along with the costs & other such practicalities, of course

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature Ah, do you mean the Wall Jump? That is pretty difficult to get down. It took me a lot of practice the first time around. There might have also been some slight save state abuse to save time there. While Super Metroid has aged well, that particular mechanic is one of the few that hasn't.

@Snatcher That's up to you. Usually there's at least some sort of in-game badge for filling the entire national Pokedex, though in Sw/Sh filling the National Dex is technically impossible since not all the Pokemon from previous generations are available in the game. Filling up the Galar Pokedex, however, nets you the Shiny Charm. Not sure how the dexes for Isle of Armor and Crown Tundra work. TBH, I haven't played the most recent Pokemon entries yet, though I did pick up Shield recently. Basically, you typically just get bragging rights and maybe a nice item or two. It's a fun pursuit if you're a huge collector though.

@ogo79 Sounds like quite a process. At least there are plenty of boexes to create a robust fort with? Or to pretend you're Solid Snake?

@Anti-Matter I missed that drawing. Thanks for mentioning it! I've been pretty busy lately, so I stick with replies only sometimes and don't read the whole thread unless I have the time.

To compare Yo-Kai Watch with the Pokemon series, though they're very different, I consider almost all Rank E and D Yo-Kai to be "first stage" characters. Some Rank Cs as well. Higher ranked Yo-Kai are typically more powerful and are often more worth your while than sticking with the lower ranks. I like Yo-Kai from the Brave Tribe, but I usually tried to use a nice mix of them. For example, I always made sure I had at least one Heartful or Mysterious Yo-Kai on hand for buffs and healing.

@BruceCM Sounds like SE at least recognizes many of the platforms their games are on as viable, then. Still, they're confusing me more lately than Nintendo. I might be a bit biased, but at least I'm used to the latter making quirky decisions....

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Anti-Matter

@Tyranexx
Have you ever tried the Yokai Watch T Blasters from Yokai Watch 3 ?
That mode was suck as i completely unable to beat the Juggernaut boss at the end of dungeon as it dealt heavy damages to entire party and i always Failed the mission even i have leveled up. That was really pissed me off. Did i miss something or i didn't know the minimum level to beat the bosses from T Blaster mode ?
Currently my team is level 60+ and by my logical thinking, they are strong enough to beat the Bosses. I remembered the huge problem when i tried to beat Juggernaut, my entire party was really messed up by individual attack and the Juggernaut keep throwing garbages with heavy damages, not to mention the bombs from the scaterred garbages on the ground. It was like a BS, how the heck i beat that Boss if i still got heavy damages even my party was already get stronger ?
Oh, my party set up for T Blaster was consist 3 Attacker + 1 Healer since my main team are Attacker type for T Blaster.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

BruceCM

Yeah, @Tyranexx .... Considering they expected Legend of Mana to do well on Switch, it is promising that it did better than that, apparently! & somehow they underestimated Steam sales by rather more

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

jedgamesguy

I’m so on the fence on Legend of Mana and by extension SaGa Frontier. They’re both apparently good games with subpar releases on Switch.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Snatcher

@Tyranexx Oh, Well I will gladly do so. It shouldn't be to hard.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Dogorilla

TheJGG wrote:

I’m so on the fence on Legend of Mana and by extension SaGa Frontier. They’re both apparently good games with subpar releases on Switch.

Really? The impression I got from NL's Legend of Mana review is it's a flawed game in many respects but the new remaster is the best way to play it.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

jedgamesguy

@Dogorilla It’s probably me being hasty or harsh for Legend of Mana, but I kinda feel there could have been more effort put into that. It reminds me of SaGa Frontier, which is why I bunched them: they both have the same feel as the original counterparts but still have some pixelated elements. I can’t put it into words but there’s something off. I’ll probably get SaGa but Legend of Mana… I dunno…

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Snatcher

@TheJGG I never played the remaster actually, they have a demo but I didn't want it to end, Sigh its time I go do that.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

Dogorilla

@TheJGG Fair enough, I think Legend looks good from what little I've seen of it though. I still need to play Secret of Mana on SNES Classic, then if I like it I might check out the rest of the series.

Funky Kong

jedgamesguy

@Snatcher Do make sure to let us know how that goes, it'll help me decide if I want this.

@Dogorilla One frugal option is to get the Collection of Mana game. Legend isn't in it but it's certainly an entry I've been looking at since it's three games for one. Of course I've had Trials of Mana for a few months so the most enticing aspect for me is lost, but hey, you never know.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Snatcher

@TheJGG Oh ok sure NP.

Dogorilla

@TheJGG Well, I do have a SNES Classic, I just haven't played Secret of Mana on it yet (or Final Fantasy VI for that matter). I think I'll probably skip the Collection and get the Trials of Mana remake at some point instead, unless I get really into the series and want to play the original Game Boy game

Funky Kong

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx Oh, I absolutely WILL revisit Xenoblade Chronicles, one day. I just don't know when that one day is going to be...

As for Xenoblade Chronicles 2: it's a beautiful game, but because of the rather extreme change in style, it comes across as a completely different beast to me, even though both are obviously still in the same genre. I was kind of semi-unsure of whether or not you already owned it or not, let alone if you had already played it, but it's definitely a must-have title for the Switch and/or people that like jRPGs.

Concerning my old man, we're not out of the woods just yet. He's still not finished with the antibiotics, and he also needs to visit the hospital for at least one or two more times, but we'll see how things go. For now, he's relatively okay, all things considered. I'm glad that he used to be quite the sportsman, doing all kinds of things, ranging from fitness to judo. He's actually a 3rd dan black belt. And he did heavy work almost all of his life. First in the harbors, later at the city of Amsterdam's municipal water supply department, doing all the hard labor in and under the ground, so all in all, he's still pretty fit for his age.

Funny you should mention those three specific Metroid titles as being the interesting ones, because those were the exact ones that I bought yesterday. I also considered Other M and Hunters, but Hunters looked REALLY bad on the big screen, so even though it's cheap, I don't know if it's worth getting. And Other M, well... still controversial, I'd say. Perhaps I'll get it next month, if it's still on sale. The older SNES and NES games also look kind of inferior, compared to the GBA games, so these too didn't really interest me. Once I had downloaded the trilogy, I started playing the original Prime game straight away, and before I knew it, almost an hour had passed. Still looked surprisingly good, too.

@ogo79 You're more than welcome, Skeleto... errrr, I mean my friend.

@Snatcher Do you have 7 bucks left in your wallet, or digitally in your eShop account? If so, and if you like point and click adventures, then get Silence. It's a simply beautiful adventure game, and it also has quite an interesting story.

It's available for a ridiculously low price right now: https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/silence-switch/
Here's NLife's review of it.
https://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/nintendo-switch/silence
Don't let the average grade fool you: this is a beautiful and highly enjoyable game. To get you in the mood, here's the trailer:

Some other cheap recommendations:
Evergate
Alwa's Awakening
Aegis Defenders

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

MPSSislit

I'm splitting my response into 2 posts, as I figured that this post will probably be really long (I know that I don't like to read walls of texts, and I figured that others in here don't like to either), and I hopefully should have more time this weekend to write the second half of my response.

@Sunsy
I know it was done by Justin Timberlake, but I didn't know that he voiced one of the characters in Trolls, which makes a lot of sense as to why he was picked to do the song (songs?) in Trolls. That's cool that they did that at the Half-Time show a couple of years ago. I believe Justin Timberlake is well known, but I don't know since I don't listen to a lot of artists these days.

LET'S GO Ninjala Gang. I (for some reason) didn't consider you part of the Ninjala Gang, so I'm going to fix that.
finds wooden sword somewhere
I, SM3DASislit of Nintendo Life, declare you, Sunsy of Nintendo Life knighthood into the "Ninjala Gang" on the 24th of June, in the year of our Lord, 2021.

From this moment forward, you will be tasked with honoring the "Ninjala Gang" code, which is to honor Ninjala and the WNA, knows it means to be a Ninja, and spread awareness of Ninjala and the WNA Academy wherever possible (mostly Ninjala, though). 🤔

Yeah, I've been trying to (kindly) push Nintendo Life to write articles about whenever I see something important about Ninjala (and they're starting to do a better job again). I also make a comment thanking whoever wrote the Ninjala article, since I want Nintendo Life to continue writing as I feel that Ninjala is constantly improving itself, as I feel that people don't give Ninjala enough credit and I want it to succeed.

Speaking of Ninjala articles, it seems I'll need to summon Snatcher regarding what I should do regarding a couple of Ninjala things.

The interesting thing is that I feel like there are more ARMS supporters than Ninjala supporters on Nintendo Life, even though Ninjala has double the players than ARMS does. Heck, I would even say that there's more support for Knockout City on here than Ninjala (although I could be wrong on that).

Hey @Snatcher, I hope you're doing well.

I need your advice again regarding Ninjala and news tips/articles.
So, I made a reminder post last Friday about Season 6 of Ninjala starting, and even tagged the main authors on here, Ryan Craddock, Kate Gray, Liam Doolan, and Gavin Lane (Also, did Gavin get a promotion recently because I've been seeing his name on more articles recently than just polls. If he did, then I think it's awesome that he got a promotion, I just wasn't expecting it (for some reason).

Anyways, I don't know if I should ask Nintendo Life again if they please post about Season 6 starting. I even told them that they could just update the Dev Diary 15/Season 6 article if they wanted to, but they didn't even do that.

I'm also wondering if you think that I should ask them to please make a Ninjala 1 year anniversary article, or if I should leave it alone?
I would really appreciate your feedback on the matter.

@ThanosReXXX
Yeah, usually this thread is pretty civil. I do my best to follow the rules here, so hopefully, that won't be a problem. It seems like almost anything can become controversial/political these days, which is pretty sad, since that means people don't seem to understand the idea of "agree to disagree", and I hope we as a society (and world) can gain back someday.

That's why I don't like when Nintendo Life writes articles like that, because it seems to divide the community more than it does to bring them together. I do get concerned for Nintendo Life because if they grow too big, too quick, and don't keep their awesome, humble spirit, then I fear that they may turn into other gaming sites that are heavily (and openly) mocked, for acting like they're unstoppable and can do whatever they want.
I hope I'm making sense here.

Speaking of rules and whatnot, do you know if we're allowed to say that we made a thread on [insert topic here]. I don't believe it's against the site rules, but I just wanted to double-check. 🤔

@Blooper987
I forgot to say this in my previous post, but I like your new profile pic, it looks cool. I think it’s awesome that you’re able to make a comment when you choose a new profile pic since enough people seem to like the things that your profile pics are from. I wish I could make a comment about when I changed my profile pic, but I feel that not enough people are interested in Ninjala, so that’s why I don’t make a comment when I change my profile pic.

@ogo79
Sorry to hear about your father. I hope he lived a long, good life. Just remember that he will always be with you, no matter where you are or what you’re doing, and he will always be in your heart. 🤔

Edited on by MPSSislit

Please give Ninjala a chance, guys. 🤔
As @Sunsy said,
Ninjala Gang FOR LIFE!
Also, if I don't respond to your post within a day (or two), don't worry, I'm not ignoring you. I'm going to be busy, though I will do my best to respond in a timely fashion.

ThanosReXXX

@SM3DASislit I think I get what you're saying, but I don't think it will ever get out of hand that much on NLife. There will always be the odd divisive and/or controversial article or two, but it's not the articles, it's the morons in the comments section that create the toxicity, NOT the web site or its writers. If you see an article about a topic that you don't like or that you don't agree with, you don't HAVE to read it and you most certainly don't have to comment underneath it, but people still do regardless. I consider such people morons, the lowest of the low, and often times they're also trolls, because they know EXACTLY what kinds of reactions they'll get when they post their insane brain farts.

So, yeah... I usually stay the hell away from comments sections like these, because I know better, most of the time, than to join in. On the odd occasion that I do, I usually immediately regret it, because you also can't end a discussion, or bow out politely or whatever, because even if you try to explain yourself or reply with logic, it usually falls upon deaf ears.

Anyway, enough of that. I'm perfectly fine hanging out here in the Chit-Chat thread, mingling with the cool people, so I rather keep doing that instead of putting endless amounts of time and energy into futile attempts to bring sanity to those who seem to think that they have some kind of god-given right to always be negative and complaining.

Moving on...

Concerning your question: well, if by that you mean "can I post a link to a topic that I made in the Chit-Chat thread so people will get notified about me making that new topic", then the answer is that it depends. The rules say that you cannot advertise, spam or beg, and if you make a new forum topic and ask or tell people to go there, or actively draw their attention to it, then it could be interpreted as any of these three things that you're not allowed to do.

I'll just tag @Eel in this reply, because he'll probably know more precisely, in which case he'll be able to give you a more definitive answer.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Snatcher

@SM3DASislit Hey mate, I did see your post you made on the matter, and I have no idea if the dude got a promotion or not, I think hes just writing more.

I think you should ask any way, if there not saying anything about it before I sure don't think your losing anything by asking them again, I thin they just make articles of whatever they think people will read, I'm kinda shocked they didn't do one on the demon slayer crossover.

Snatcher

@ThanosReXXX I agree, Like there are some articles were I don't agree with the opinion, but All I post is mine, I have no ill intent, but then you got the people that try to set it on fire just to see it burn, its really annoying.

Snatcher

@ThanosReXXX Dang that price is low. And Only on my Eshop account not in my wallet, wallet.

The game look's amazing, But is it one of those really grim games? with really dark stories? or is it just have a darker theme? (Also thanks very much for the suggestion.)

ThanosReXXX

@Snatcher And THAT is what you replied to, after I went through all that trouble to post some nice game suggestions for you in comment #52,872? I'm SO offended right now...

EDIT:
Ah, dang, you beat me to it...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic