Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 51,661 to 51,680 of 52,521

BruceCM

Huh, I think they've had the same deal before, too, @TheJGG.... Unfortunately, seems it'll be awhile before they might come to Steam & I won't get EGS

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

WoomyNNYes

TheJGG wrote:

I’ve stuck to that rule for a month already @BruceCM, but with extreme discounts there’s simply no debate. Like last week when someone at Sony thought it was a good idea to put KH 1.5+2.5 on discount for £9.99. Couldn’t have bought it faster even if I tried.

Wow, really? I can't believe those haven't come to the Switch. I never got to play those.

Science liker
Extreme bicycle rider
Playing:
BOTW(started a new game)
Rocket League, 3v3 rank: plat 3 - diamond 1

Haruki_NLI

So with work being dead as anything (most retail places that were open under lockdown are facing low sales tbh) I've found myself with more time, rebranding the businesses, grinding out live streams and finally invested in a new PC.

Few more bits to set up and we shall be golden.

Got an AMS Ryzen 5 3600 at 4.1GHz over locked, with 32gb DDR4 LPX RAM and a 12GB GeForce GTX 3060.

I'm set for the foreseeable 😁

Now Playing: Pokemon Emerald, PVZ: Garden Warfare 2

Now Streaming: Megaman Battle Network 2, Pokemon Shield Poliwag, Pikmin 3 Deluxe, Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Vortexeo

TheJGG wrote:

And carrying on from the YouTube comments @Vortexeo... I've stalled a bit in FFXII but I managed to clear Henne Mines quite easily. Then I celebrated by getting wiped out by the next boss, so I have some work to do. I had already put time into learning the Zodiac Job System and it's felt pretty good so far.

I've admittedly put more time into Final Fantasy X, I'm approaching the end of the game so it's starting to get really good! I'm almost at Mt. Gagazet, so I know there'll be a few challenging boss fights ahead!

@TheJGG Lmao dude that used to happen to me all the time. I would get through a dungeon, get wiped out by a boss, and take like a week to go back to it. In my case I felt a little bad for doing it; I don't think I enjoyed the story as much because of how much I spread it out lol. Do you have a full understanding of quickenings? I found those helped tremendously with boss fights.

I also can't blame you for putting more time into FFX. Imo I think FFX is better than FFXII. I'm kinda curious, have the unskippable cutscenes ever bothered you at all? lol

Oh and btw thanks for accepting my friend request! I probably should've told you that was me earlier lmao

Edited on by Vortexeo

If you like Xenoblade you're obligated to add me :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3720-5613-4522

Zuljaras

Wish me luck for the art contest where you can win the Castlevania collection from LRG!

I put the sprite of Death from the game for reference!

Untitled

Zuljaras

Eel

That looks amazing.

I like how the cape looks like tiny pointy feet.

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Zuljaras

@Eel I had to think of a way to make him stable AND floating

Zuljaras

Monkeido

@Zuljaras Looks amazing to me! Great job and good luck (I think painting it would definitely help your chances even more)!

Monkeido

Haruki_NLI

@BruceCM Yes AMD 🤣

Now Playing: Pokemon Emerald, PVZ: Garden Warfare 2

Now Streaming: Megaman Battle Network 2, Pokemon Shield Poliwag, Pikmin 3 Deluxe, Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Monkeido

@Zuljaras That's nice to hear, definitely interested in seeing it painted, so please share it with us! ^^

Monkeido

MarioLover92

@Tyranexx Ah yes, good old MS Paint. I used that a lot when I was a kid in the Windows 95/98 days. I used to make those...cruddy Sonic comics from those sprite sheets when I was younger. I no longer have access to them, but I don't mind because I don't want to cringe while looking at what 10-year-old me made, lol. And yeah, I really started learning about the other programs Adobe made, though I'm more used to Photoshop.

Yeah, not sure if I would be able to stomach a full hole set either, lol. Not the biggest sports fan either, so we are kind of even. There's the occasional session of say, Mario Tennis (it's admittedly been a while since I played Mario Tennis Aces), but yeah platformers, adventure games, and RPGs are what I truly dig. My dad and a couple of my cousins are way more into sports than I'll ever be, that's for sure.

Sonic 06 does kinda fall into that category, yes - those glitches you can do are...quite ridiculous to say the least. Like, in Wave Ocean, you could fall through the water if you're at a certain angle while attempting to go through that first corkscrew. That's one instance of excellent game design!

@Zuljaras Looks awesome so far - great job!

Nintendo Life's (self-proclaimed) #1 Mario fan! Wahoo!

SMM2 ID: V1J-NRF-PWG
AC:NH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Let me know if you're gonna add my Switch FC. Thank you!

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-8582-2999 | My Nintendo: MarioFan92 | Twitter:

Snatcher

@Zuljaras You got good winning odds.

A sky with stars so bright the colors feel so right I nev, Uh I mean. I'm a Among us plus sonic fan. I have also been playing a unheathy amount of MHR (Don't try to stop me)

Snatcher

Ok so today netflix said there trying to get into gaming, and you know what I hear every time a company that has nothing to do with games, want to get into gaming, "Hey were ready to make more many, I mean gamer's will eat any crap we give em" And this I hate, they don't really treat gamer's like people if you know what I mean? They act like we will just see any video game and were just all over it like a dog waiting for its next meal, hate it bc most of the company that are so called "Ready" to go into games, means there ready to get more money from rushed game's that take a year and a half.

And wile its true within time some of these company's can get better, (Like amazon and such and such) they don't really treat us like people in my opinion, And I know that's the case for a lot of company's, but even tho nintendo treats fan like crap alot of the time, they have been doing this for a long time, and sony shows how you can do movies and games, (Like netflix) but its just the way they said it, Look it just started writing this out of no were with no real thought, so its not well uh thought out LOL, I think i'm the only one who feels this way, and I kinda regret writing this now.....GTG!

A sky with stars so bright the colors feel so right I nev, Uh I mean. I'm a Among us plus sonic fan. I have also been playing a unheathy amount of MHR (Don't try to stop me)

Sunsy

@Snatcher Literally just read the article. Honestly, to me it feels like companies that never did games, just want a piece of the pie. Also, I don't associate something like Netflix with gaming. I'm looking at Amazon for example. I know they made Crucible, but I don't think games with Amazon, I think shopping. For me, it just hard to think "games" when it's a company known for something else.

Meanwhile, all I want is a Netflix app on Switch. I had it on Wii, 3DS, and still using my Wii U for it, that's stopping in late June. For now, it's just Hulu and YouTube (I have some digital movies on it thanks to the digital codes included with DVDs) on Switch. I don't have a smart TV in my bedroom, so I use my consoles to watch shows and movies.

Sunsy

WoomyNNYes

@Snatcher Yeah, I think the video game industry made more money that the movie industry last year. So, companies see $$$$. Maybe Netflix will give us the next Atari or Google Stadia 👎👎.

Science liker
Extreme bicycle rider
Playing:
BOTW(started a new game)
Rocket League, 3v3 rank: plat 3 - diamond 1

Snatcher

@Sunsy Ya If they really want to make money, just put netflix on the switch.

@WoomyNNYes I know and its a annoying.

TheJGG

@Snatcher @Sunsy I’m not liking the attitude of Netflix either when I read the NL article the other hour. They have never striked me as a company with legitimate passion, energy and creativity, more as a firm who outsource projects to other creators.

I can’t see developers jumping ship to Netflix especially if there’s nothing to be gained from being on Netflix itself. What could Netflix offer that Nintendo Switch and PlayStation can’t? The latter literally has Netflix, plus Disney+, which I think is doing better than Netflix...

Great, Netflix already has a huge amount of subscribers, but there is absolutely zero guarantee they like video games, or want to. With dedicated video game consoles this will never be a problem.

As @WoomyNNYes puts it they only see money. Video games have been exceptionally popular during Coronavirus, and no doubt this won’t change afterwords. They’d need tremendous third party support to offer even a fraction of what Nintendo and Sony have already. And even Stadia, with their “Octopath Traveller” and “Final Fantasy XV” games... couldn’t do it, and it was owned by a significantly bigger company.

Edited on by TheJGG

Nintendo Fan Soundtrack II

"I'm not crazy, my reality is just different than yours." - Cheshire Cat.

If you'd like to add me on Switch, tag me first!

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG

Snatcher

@TheJGG Yes Thanks you! this is just how I feel.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic