Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 51,561 to 51,580 of 96,322

Heavyarms55

Do you guys ever not finish something you really like because finishing it means it will be over and you don't want it to end, so you don't end up playing or reading or watching for a while?

Or am I the only weirdo who does that?

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Tyranexx

@ogo79 Thanks! No skeleton sightings during my travels unfortunately. Probably the closest thing was that huge recreation of Doomsday.

@Snatcher Typically I use jelly when referring to fruit spreads for rolls and toast, but I sometimes use it in that clipped form as well. Thanks for the compliment! The waterfall path was truly special. It's slightly hilly where I am, but that's nothing compared to the southern confines of my state. Bluffs are rare here, and the ones I do know of aren't nearly that high. The only slight bummer was that there were a ton of elementary age kids (class trip) when I first got to the area. They weren't causing trouble, just being kids. Which means it was noisier than I would've liked. The teachers and chaperones wrangled them all shortly after I arrived since they needed to move on. Honestly, I didn't really mind; it's public land after all, so they had as much right to be there as I did. That's partially why I was careful with the pictures however; as a rule, I don't post pictures online with minors in them unless I have permission from their parent(s) or guardian(s).

As for the Superman Museum, I originally wanted to go there last spring. Covid threw a wrench into those plans, so I postponed the trip to this year. At least it gave me more time to plan! XD

@MarioLover92 I need to hit other areas towards that part of the state too, but some of them were out of the day for a reasonable day trip. I actually skipped going to an old fort, but as some of that was indoors I didn't know how they'd handle the current guidelines. At least with the Superman Museum, they were clear about what was expected on their website. I'd like to do another small trip or two this year, but we'll see. It'll be harder to get away as my sister's wedding gets closer lol.

On the Mega Man X series: I've heard similar things; that 1, 2, and 4 are good, 3 isn't as good, and that the rest are a mixed bag overall. I'll at least avoid X7 in that case. I've never tried the Legends series and think I'd enjoy that! Shame the 3DS entry was canceled.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx Yeah, except the difference between those specific comments sections and those home videos is that some of those are actually funny...

Those are some neat pictures! Nature pics are always welcome, far as I'm concerned, so that's an easy lure for catching my attention, but the other ones are equally interesting. I did somehow expect a selfie at the Superman statue, though.

On a side note: I only gave them a quick once-over, but the initial impressions are highly positive. I'll give them a more thorough review later this week...

Also interesting to see and read all the info, both from the historical site and the museum. I actually had no idea that they used wigs in the older Superman movies. I just figured it was lots of gel or hairspray...

And they were from the 70s AND the 80s, at least: if we're talking about the Christopher Reeve movies. The first one was from 1978, followed by the second in 1980, the third in 1983 and the fourth and final one in 1987.

@TheJGG I'll vouch for Sonic Colors being a good and VERY enjoyable Sonic game, with lots of replay value, so if your interest was even remotely piqued by it getting a re-release, don't wait too long for any reviews. In fact, just watch the videos below and you'll learn all you'll ever need to know about it, and then you can do the whole "now let's imagine how all of that looks in HD" entirely on your own...

@VoidofLight The only people that get disappointed around E3 are the people who put WAY too much stock in stupid, unfounded rumors from outside or unconfirmed sources who either never reveal themselves or who's weight in the industry is so minimal that they shouldn't have been taken seriously in the first place.

Go in expecting nothing, and you'll have a wonderful couple of days, trust me. I always make sure that I have those days off, so I can watch each and every event live as it happens, and it never fails to entertain me, even the lesser parts, to some extent, and I always find that there is at least something to look forward to, once the event is over. Just don't expect the world of it, stick to hoping for a couple of nice surprises and keep your expectations in check and you'll be just fine.

@Heavyarms55 Well, if that makes you a weirdo, then allow me to shake your hand buddy, because I actually do EXACTLY the same thing. Netflix keeps on bugging me on those last couple of episodes of The 100, that I still have to watch, but like you, I don't want to let go, because I don't want it to end.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Heavyarms55

@ThanosReXXX Comrade! You understand!

@WoomyNNYes I usually do end up finishing these things, but I'll get close to the end and then hold off for a while because if I finish it, it's over.

VoidofLight

@ThanosReXXX The only real thing I'm hoping for is BotW 2 news, but even then.. I'm not really expecting it. I'm just gonna go with the flow like you said, and enjoy the presentation for what it is.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

ThanosReXXX

@Heavyarms55 Yeah, I have my moments, sometimes.
I found The 100 to be such a good show/series, and I got SO attached to the characters, that I find it hard, annoying, loathsome, and whatever other label we can slap onto it, to commit myself to watching the final episodes and to say goodbye to them forever. Then again: I might just end up buying the entire series on Blu-Ray, so I can rewatch it again from time to time.

I also sometimes do that with certain series, such as The Grimm and Continuum. My old man basically likes the same series that I do, but sometimes, they can't hold his attention for too long, so what I do is that when I visit him in the weekends, we watch an episode or four, five of whatever show I've already seen then some months or even years ago, and then that simultaneously allows me to reminisce/relive my own positive moments with those series.

You could say I'm kind of like my dad's crash test dummy, in that regard. I by now know what he likes and doesn't like, so I usually completely watch a series before recommending it to him or watching it with him. The 100 was actually the only exception: I actually took a Netflix subscription so I could share that with him, and he finished the series long before I ever even reached those final couple of episodes that I'm now infinitely stalling...

Of course, he has FAR more free time on his hands, so he was always going to be able to watch more episodes in a week than me anyways, but considering I was ahead of him by 3 seasons, he did some AMAZING binge-watching for someone his age...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

ThanosReXXX

@VoidofLight I'm with you on Breath of the Wild 2, and also hoping for something about Metroid Prime 4. I'll take anything: news, a trailer or teaser, or even a mention. But I'm not expecting it, so even though I'll still be a little disappointed if no mention will be made, at least I won't be mad that they may not show or tell anything about it. I gave up such notions a LONG time ago.

I'm also still hoping for some Pikmin 4 news, by the way...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Heavyarms55

@ThanosReXXX We are only as old as admit to being. Perhaps your father is actually younger than you!

ThanosReXXX

@Heavyarms55 Well, I've long since found that regardless of age, we men all remain boys in some respects. And considering our shared likes and enthusiasm for anything fantasy and/or sci-fi related, me and my dad might just as well have been of the same age. We're definitely of the same mind, for sure.

@Eel Wut?

Tyranexx

@ThanosReXXX On the comment sections vs. home videos: Accurate. VERY accurate lol.

Thanks for the compliments on the pictures! I do look forward to your feedback once you have a free moment. No rush though. I'm not one for selfies TBH. Besides, gotta keep my secret identity in check.

I was surprised to read about the use of wigs in those Superman movies as well; I always figured it was Reeve's natural hair. Thanks for the correction on the movie years; I was skimming at that point and must've either misread or misremembered the time period. I've seen at least part of one of those movies, MANY years ago. They were all before my time. There was also a small section dedicated to Superman and the Mole Men. I don't have any decent pictures of that area unfortunately.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

ogo79

@Snatcher
cant knock skeletons wearing chuck tailors carrying double barrel sawed off breakaway shotguns

Tyranexx wrote:

@ogo79 Thanks! No skeleton sightings during my travels unfortunately. Probably the closest thing was that huge recreation of Doomsday.

Untitled

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Snatcher

Lord, I'm off here for a hour and now I have to catch up....Great.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

ogo79

ok...a few days ago i said i was going to have to rebuy an item i had as a kid like 5 times and recently thought i got rid of yet again a few years ago.
that would have made at least 6 times off my memory.
well, for weeks i kept wondering if it was in storage and decided to look.
first box i seen, i opened it and found a jason voorhees, mega man, mother 3 and devil may cry figure.
with my hands trembling in the bottom of the box there he was waiting for my return!
UntitledUntitledUntitled
Untitled
just look at all that sexy bonery, saved me almost 400 dollars. thank you sega and thank you storage.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

jedgamesguy

@ThanosReXXX That's it, I'm getting Sonic Colours. It looks unbelievable, and it will look better in HD!

Heavyarms55 wrote:

Do you guys ever not finish something you really like because finishing it means it will be over and you don't want it to end, so you don't end up playing or reading or watching for a while?

Or am I the only weirdo who does that?

Sometimes, yes. With games like Xenoblade, Death Stranding and some FF games, Persona 5 for sure, plus Dragon Quest XI, and perhaps Fire Emblem: Three Houses. It's a thing and you're not the only one.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG

VoidofLight

I’m one to feel empty once I get to the end of the games I enjoy.. but the way I see it, is that it’s better that I finish the game and avoid spoilers that’d ruin the experience than it would be to not finish the game and have all the cool stuff towards the end, as well as the plot twists spoiled.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Snatcher

The lawsuit Article is the shows why I hate the comments so much, you can't say "Would be a issue if they just bring back games" you always have to have that one smart ass that just "LOL they can bring it back anytime they want right, they have the rights" (I did that in a nerd voice btw) I F**** KNOW, everyone KNOWS! its not like its a secret that the very company that made these games can bring em back, OH geee What a big F**** surprise! Rant over. E sorry.

@TheJGG, What brought this sonic colors deal on?

@ogo79 Man, tell me please, I need to know, were did your love of skeletons come from?
Does it mean or a sans fan as well? or any other Skeleton character, Like one piece?

@Heavyarms55 Yes I do this a lot with games I like, although you wont see me not playing, I will move alot slower, I would have to look on what game made me do that last, but there are rear instances were you wont see me play it at all, and I will go watch tv or somthing.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic