Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 51,581 to 51,600 of 96,490

jedgamesguy

@Tyranexx Well I kinda do the same most times. I generally compose mine after six pm, before I sleep at nine. I’ve gotten used to posting longer stuff since around January-ish this year, and though I try to get one of these done every two days sometimes I may miss it. My summer break’s coming up so I’ll have significantly more time to post, what with being under lockdown and all. DQ12 may have not given us art or.. anything at all, but we have a name. The Flames of Fate… man that’s gonna be a cool name to search for when it releases. If I didn’t know any better I’d say that was one of the more reserved and secretive game reveals of all time, but then I remembered… Breath of the Wild’s sequel’s a thing.

The more you wait for a PlayStation the more games come out. If I wasn’t a PlayStation 4 owner before the PS5 came out I may have waited as well, but thankfully I waited precisely six weeks to get one of them. Blessed every day, I want to think. I’m not one to rub things in. But it will be worth the wait.

After seeing Thanos’ reply to my comment on Sonic Colours, where he linked a review to the game on Wii, I can safely say it has my attention. It’s due to release in September so that’s… what, a good seven or eight games on my serious wish list and we haven’t even hit E3 yet. I like that… I like that a LOT! For reference said games are; (from memory) NieR: Replicant, NieR: Automata, SMT3, Mass Effect: Legendary Edition, Hades, Monster Hunter: Rise, Famicom Detective Club. And then when looking at my Switch wish list I see… breathe Game Builder Garage, Collection of Mana, I am Setsuna, Baldur’s Gate 1/2, and maybe Pikmin 3. Ambitious… they’ll need to invent a new currency, because I’ll have used up the entire world’s cash reserves on video games.

While I will actively make sure the British pound becomes as valuable as the Zimbabwean Dollar (heard of the 100 trillion dollar note?) I won’t take to E3 forums. That feels as safe as poking a rather moody bear with a very short stick. You may as well kick it, but suffice it to say my ramblings have a home here.

That’s bizarre, and very unfortunate. Is it a medical condition, or a phobia, because it could be something that he could get over. I’ve been warned many times about the magical second dose and I’m strangely excited to see what side effects I get. It should be in thirteen days so I’ll get my excuse book ready…

With a country as big as the United States making a set of consistent vaccine regulations is very difficult. Here, I live in a very small country so it’s significantly easier communicating information and such. We were told on Wednesday afternoon that we were going into lockdown, and we were in full lockdown by Friday morning. It’s ruthless, and frightening how efficient it is. It’s also saddening because I was enjoying myself the few times I went out.

I doubt if I mentioned it but I paid a visit to the local karting track here, which is a world class international one used for FIA-sanctioned karting championships. Me, my father and a friend of his went to said track and lit it up with solid lap times. I was excited, being a fan of racing, and it paid off. So did the 184 hours so far that I’ve spent driving in Gran Turismo: Sport. Kerbs are often underappreciated on racetracks, because whenever I ran over them I got thrown all over the place. I didn’t lose control but I came quite close to, but managed a decent time. The adrenaline level is quite insane, you feel like you’re flying when in the “car”. And now.. it’s locked off for the foreseeable future, dammit! Have you done it before?

I needed a lot of water when returning from that, it’s a very physical activity. It left my arms aching with such ferocity I thought I had just gotten my first shot of the vaccine (which happened a week after that, mind). You have an astute view on the future of the world under this virus, but god forbid if any conspiracy theories surrounding it’s origin are true. This could be the basis of another world war.

I’m a Zelda fan. I grew up playing Zelda games and though I had both Mario and Zelda themed birthday cakes I always stuck with Zelda more. It’s had a special place in my heart since I was able to play video games; no, since I knew what they were. My first memories of Zelda were with my father, who played them while I read out strategy guides. Now of course I tackle them solo but it was still an awesome experience. I’d buy this hypothetical collection in record time if it came into existence.

Imagine how I’m feeling with Kingdom Hearts then! I like that I have seven to eight games to juggle, it means if I hit a roadblock in one game or just get bored, I can hit another without having to endure the tedium that is starting a new save file. I actually started playing Stardew Valley about thirty minutes before I started writing this; so I’ve thrown another game into the carousel. It’s such a charming game that I couldn’t help buying it last year. Through some clever Gold Point usage by timing the buying of the games perfectly I was able to buy FF12, Celeste and Stardew Valley for £40. I’ll have more to say soon on the latter hopefully.

I’m mixed with voice acting for text heavy games. The effort put in is always astounding but if one voice grates on me it’ll damage the general experience. One game I’m sure I’ll love is Disco Elysium because it’s gotten full voice acting for the… 1.2 million word script. I can’t wait for that game to come out in Q3 this year, I already had my eye on it when seeing how it held its own at The Game Awards. But in terms of exploration just when I think I’ve spent a lot of time doing it it’s really not that much. If I was Hideo Kojima I’d make up some long monologue about how I had surgery to make more of my brain work faster or whatnot, but it’s just me rushing.

I’d argue the same thing, Xenoblade DE was such a breath of fresh air last year. I had the pleasure of playing many RPGs last year for the first time (Persona 5, DQXI, various FF titles) so comparing them to Xenoblade is always nice. It falls short in some areas but will similarly have a special place in my heart. The series is top notch.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx These movies are actually still quite watchable today, far as I'm concerned. Obviously, there's a certain amount of cheesiness to be found in them, that comes with the territory of the time they were made/released in, and needless to say, some of the special effects haven't really stood the test of time all that well, to say the least, but look past that, and they're enjoyable all the same.

That bit about Superman and the Mole Men was news to me: I always thought these were related to the Marvel Universe, and the Fantastic Four specifically. Or we're talking about something COMPLETELY different, which we probably are...

Funny you'd mention a secret identity in the same comment as mentioning Superman, by the way.

@TheJGG Nice. I'm hoping you'll enjoy it just as much as I did and I hope the videos showed you enough to not regret the future purchase. Wouldn't want to have made a mis-recommendation, after all...

Snatcher wrote:

@TheJGG, What brought this sonic colors deal on?

I showed him some videos and shared my enthusiasm of the game, after he mentioned considering to buy it but not being quite certain yet and wanting to wait for a review. So I gave him a couple, by posting those videos.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

jedgamesguy

@ThanosReXXX All that’s left is for the game to show up on the eShop and we’re set! No copyright law in the universe is gonna stop me!

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Snatcher

@ThanosReXXX Oh ok, Well I was going to get it any way (Nothing knew there) been asking for it on steam for about three years, then was asking for it switch for another three, but before all that I was asking for maybe idk 5 to 6 years?

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Snatcher

@TheJGG Yep going to Pre_Load it the minute its up.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

Heavyarms55

@TheJGG You get it!

@Snatcher Weird, I clicked on the reply notification and NL didn't take me to your comment.

But yeah, I do that sometimes to. I'll keep playing but just wont progress the story.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

WoomyNNYes

Naomi Osaka pulled out of the French Open (tennis) because of anxiety she gets with the press conference questions after matches. After watching the questions she gets, I don't think I could tolerate this press conference format either.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Snatcher

@Heavyarms55 One of the many times I like to grind, is to hold off on the story, I guess the last time I did it was with the Dragon quest demo, I still haven't finished it, I don't want to, I don't want the demo to end and I know just buy the game, but I'm saving this year till after e3, to get all the E3 games.

Heavyarms55

@Snatcher That's probably a good idea. They usually do shadow drop a few games during E3.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Snatcher

@Heavyarms55 Yep, I know me and @TheJGG or doing it.

CANOEberry

@Teksetter I've been trying to tone down my enthusiastic greetings lately, so [hopping subsides], here goes...

Hello, fellow Swith gamer! I've been meaning to catch up with you properly for a while.

I've enjoyed interacting with KateGray so far, so I think I know how you feel. I somehow always visualize her reading my comments with a (classically British) raised eyebrow and a finger poised over the ban hammer, LOL, but her responses have been nice enough. She does seem to like stirring the pot somewhat, which I cannot approve of, but she does have commendable qualities. She actually reminds me of quirky ladies one would meet in the '90s, with an approachable side that I don't associate with the online or UK media cultures of our time. I quite agreed with you when you said that their catharsis would be well-deserved, after certain comments we read in the threads. My remark about Kate and Alex's therapy was more motivated by my mental image of them trying to explain their foibles (her refusal to defeat Ganon and his explanation of Doshin's motivations) to some stodgy therapist... hahahahhahahha. Confidentiality be damned (in this case)!

I'm more interested, though, in your describing Kate as librarian-cool. My dear Teksetter, I never hear that phrase anymore! Didn't we always hope to meet someone like that, though? I totally understand you there...

You may be interested to know that I dislike the common usage of the term "dude". I have friends in California (one even dared to address her mother with that term in my presence! Oy...), and I've heard women refer to each other with that word fairly often. Even so, I insist that my friends refrain from that. It's not about gender, in my case; I just don't like it. I appreciate informality, but we've become so serious in pursuing it that it seems obligatory now. Regardless of the case, though, you deserve to be addressed with better words, and to your liking.

So, um - games, and such. Did I see you comment somewhere about Blaster Master Zero? I tried the demo of the first game, and it didn't grab me, though the NES original lives on strongly in my mind. I take it that you recommend the first two titles? I would value your opinion here. And I'm very intrigued by your mention of the virtual pinball stuff. I've seen some very elaborate set-ups for those games...

My regards to you, and yours!

P. S. I hope Doctor G is in good health. She doesn't owe us anything like an appearance, of course, and she's probably rather busy. I just hope there is no cause for concern.

CANOEberry

ogo79

Zuljaras wrote:

@ogo79 So you really like skeletons?

Last year (I think) I made one for an old colleague of mine.

Untitled Untitled

holy hot tamales.
i have some figures that look like that!
just got one in the mail today.
that is freakin awesome.
please let me pay you one day in the future to make me a green one.

Snatcher wrote:

@ogo79 Man, tell me please, I need to know, were did your love of skeletons come from?
Does it mean or a sans fan as well? or any other Skeleton character, Like one piece?

as a kid (not that i act like one now )
ive always had skeleton toys and had an interest in skeletons in general.
my next tattoo will be a green skeleton with amour and weapons.
i like all things skeleton wise.
i was skeletor for halloween at least once.
we should all be skeletons in life, and when we die thats when we should get our flesh!
wait
that makes a good quote

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Eel

Yay, I finally found another streaming service with The Nanny, which I have been wanting to rewatch, but it has disappeared from all the other services… And since it’s apparently related to our internet provider it’s supposedly already included with it. Though I can see buttons that look like they want me to pay a subscription, but the episodes just play completely fine.

Pros: virtually free, it has the Latin American dub, which Prime Video didn’t.
Cons: the app is kinda meh, the video quality sometimes looks like I’m watching a pirated stream on YouTube.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ogo79

@Eel
ay, fran drescher was hot.
her voice, not as hot

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Eel

@ogo79 in the LA dub she speaks completely normal, maybe just a bit loud, and it’s always funny how they act like she has a weird voice.

As the show progressed they did try to add a bit of the nasal quality to her voice though. But never to true Drescher levels.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

jedgamesguy

WoomyNNYes wrote:

Naomi Osaka pulled out of the French Open (tennis) because of anxiety she gets with the press conference questions after matches. After watching the questions she gets, I don't think I could tolerate this press conference format either.

I read about that the other day, it's a very difficult debate. While she's an athlete who signs up for events and gets paid, that would obviously have press, and the press were no doubt being very unpleasant to force this to happen. If her anxiety is a serious issue she should get dispensation to reduce media committments. It's sad to hear this.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

ogo79

Eel wrote:

@ogo79 in the LA dub she speaks completely normal, maybe just a bit loud, and it’s always funny how they act like she has a weird voice.

As the show progressed they did try to add a bit of the nasal quality to her voice though. But never to true Drescher levels.

but you do obviously think shes hot right?
ive been a naughty boy
Untitled

the_shpydar wrote:

Snatcher

@ogo79 What the Fun is this!?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic