Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 51,341 to 51,360 of 96,492

jedgamesguy

@Link-Hero In any case welcome back! Glad you’re feeling alright now, or at least good enough to roast Anti rare. Anyhow, how excited are you for E3? Seems that’s the only gaming thing to look forward to now..

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

ThanosReXXX

@Snatcher I've no idea, man. I actually asked @bimmy-lee a couple of pages ago, because I know they message each other off-site sometimes, so if anyone knows, it's him. Probably. But he hasn't replied to me yet. Maybe he missed my question because we were in the middle of a martial arts topic discussion and my question about Anti was added as a side note. Perhaps this reminder will do the trick...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Snatcher

@TheJGG Is to why I don't know why people want to get rid of E3, thank about it, we got rid of E3 and now game company's do nothing but shadow drops, there would be no news to look forward to.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Haruki_NLI

Done a few games now on this new rig. I am very impressed.

Doom Eternal at max settings, 4k at 60fps.
Fortnite at 1440p with DLSS, max settings and raytracing (no global illumination) at 60fps.

Fall Guys Max settings 60fps.

Well worth the cash for this. Have to check thermals next.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

ThanosReXXX

@Zuljaras Very nice! I also really like how you made it seem like it's actually floating, so well done.
The only niggle I have, and it's actually both a question and the tiniest of niggles, is that if you used the sprite as an inspiration, then why did you mirror it and why did you not copy the position of the scythe?

Other than that, an amazing piece of work, once again. Be sure to let us know what the competition results are, if you end up getting a prize.

On a side note: how's your city doing? Or were you actually already finished with that and have I somehow missed it?

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Zuljaras

@ThanosReXXX Thanks! I really did not want to copy the pose. Maybe I should have

As for the Heroes 2 Necro town. I did all the buildings and left it like that. I will need much more clay and I will restock next month.

As for the contest it ends on July 22 and the winners will be known on the 25th.

I really do NOT think I will win anything but even a honorable mention will make me happy!

Eel

It would’ve also looked cool with a super-sized sickle. Though that would probably be harder. With the weight and stuff.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ThanosReXXX

@Zuljaras Ah, I see. Well, no rush, and glad I didn't miss any of it.
Some patience needed for that contest, I suppose then. But a bit more confidence in your own skills would really not be misplaced. Obviously, I have no idea what other entries there are or how skilled they end up being, but still.

ThanosReXXX

@Haruki_NLI You can check those thermals alright, but the more important question (obviously) is:
can it run Crysis Remastered?

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Tyranexx

@WoomyNNYes Hope you get to feeling better soon! I was expecting Moderna shot 2 to kick me in the rear for a couple days, but the most I had was a little arm soreness at the injection site and some mild fatigue. I figured I'd end up like my mother; she had a fever and chills from it for a couple of days and was achy on and off for several days after.

@BruceCM I thought we were discussing Fire Emblem Three Houses, but we have been slinging a lot of game names around! I'm sure I'll enjoy FF IX when I do eventually pick it up.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

jedgamesguy

To quote Kimi Raikkonen, f*cking finally. I’m getting my Coronavirus vaccine tomorrow... I know some people here have gotten it so I’m expecting to miss a whole day with flu symptoms.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

BruceCM

Oh, probably, @Tyranexx.... If it's just the monastery stuff, then it's almost all optional, in theory but there'd be guides just for that, if you wanted to know what there was to do without spending too long wandering around
While it's not too bad doing the useful bits of that regularly but I'm not sure I'd remember enough details on some of it

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Haruki_NLI

@ThanosReXXX I...don't really want to find out. My other PC I got back in 2016 was for making games, which meant using CryEngine and dear God.

I don't know how anyone can use that thing to make anything, and I still want to shake the hand of the guy who got Sonic Boom on Wii U.

That's the issue with CryTek betting on single core high speed CPUs being the thing, the entire engine is based on a tech that doesn't exist when CPUs went multi core, and continually puts in brand new cutting edge features long before anything can run them.

Heck, official documentation on using the damn thing is like unicorn dung. Its led to the joke that CryEngine makes a good Crysis game and that's it, and I only say that because all the engine was able to do when I used it, was make oceans, beaches and forested mountains: the first level of Crysis 🤣

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

ThanosReXXX

@Haruki_NLI You want to SHAKE the hand of the guy that made Sonic Boom for the Wii U? That game was a hot pile of sh**. I'd rather use my hand to form a fist and deck him, because it was something that should never have been released in the first place. The fact that developers Big Red Button were basically forcefully disbanded afterwards should already tell you more than enough.

As for Crysis Remastered: I was obviously just kidding, and seeing as it actually already runs on the Switch, it'll most definitely run like a dream on your setup, so I wouldn't be worried at all, if I were you.

On a side note: if you were able to make a game featuring beaches and oceans, then how about Endless Ocean 3? Nintendo seems to be WAY too busy with whatever they've got up their sleeves to even consider an HD sequel to that wonderful series...

ThanosReXXX

So... what with all the newly added toxicity in the Skyward Sword DLC article, and the more than likely upcoming acid-inducing E3 rumor mill, I've decided that it's high time for some comic relief, so take off your thinking caps, put away your drinks so you won't choke or spray your screen, sit back, relax and enjoy this simply brilliant The Empire Strikes Back musical spoof:

EDIT:

Here, you guys: have another one. Master Yoda is the friggin' bomb...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Dogorilla

^Quite possibly the best video on Youtube

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

Zuljaras

@ThanosReXXX I love those guys! The Medieval Park one (game of thrones) was the best one!!!

Also what toxicity? People nowadays use that word for anything they do not like. To be toxic one must be extremely violent in the virtual space imho!

ThanosReXXX

@Zuljaras Just ask @Snatcher. Besides, ANY comments section underneath an article involving Zelda, Pokémon or Amiibo is almost guaranteed to be toxic by default.

ThanosReXXX

@Dogorilla I made an edit and added another video.

But yeah, they are fun to watch, aren't they? Whenever you have a bad day, Bad Lip Reading will light up your day, so just put their YouTube channel in your bookmark favorites and you're sorted.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic