Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 49,661 to 49,680 of 96,531

Sunsy

@TheJGG Definitely did!

Cool, I'm guessing it was Andrew Lloyd Webber's channel? Asking because I remember he showed Cats last year on his channel for 24 hours, and tuning in (I've seen the show on broadway when I was a kid, late in its original run). Yeah, sometimes I do dinner and a movie with my mother. We did this the other night watching Disney's Cinderella.

@ogo79 Now I'm hungry. Looks so good.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Heavyarms55

Huh, I had notifications from 2 different people here, yet both times I clicked them I can't find them. Weird.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

LuigibrineTheGreat

@ogo79 OMG I LOOOOOOOOVE country fried steak!

Be yourself, no matter who you are!
For me, that's being madly in love with fictional characters. Plz don't judge.
Yes, my first anime was High School DxD. Don't ask or judge!
Switch FC: SW-0507-9503-1127 | 3DS FC: 1736-0165-7775 | Battle.net: Luigibrine#1151

Sunsy

@Heavyarms55 Can confirm, I had the same problem too. I clicked on notifications and had to search for the posts.

FYI @TheJGG and @Snatcher, I saw your posts. Letting you two know since it didn't take me to said responses.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Anti-Matter

@Heavyarms55
Oh, i have replied to you this afternoon about a huge sale on Japanese 3DS eshop page up to 90% for Level-5 games, especially Yokai Watch games. The games tagged with 500 Yen price during the sale. The sale will be ended until 1 March 2021.

Anti-Matter

jedgamesguy

@Sunsy It was a charity fundraiser, from the channel “The Show Must Go On”. I don’t remember specifics, but that might have been ALW’s channel. It was open from October 9-11 2020, so for 48 hours one could view the whole 25th Anniversary production. I saw it with a friend over Zoom and we both enjoyed it.

I don’t watch much theatre, but when I do it’s darn good. A few weeks later I watched Les Misérables.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Heavyarms55

@Anti-Matter I never actually set up my Japanese 3DS with my Japanese Nintendo account. Lol

Thanks for the tip though

ThanosReXXX

@TheJGG What's up with the whole "Pyra, 2017" byline?

I thought that the Direct was a solid one, with something for everyone. But, as I already predicted so correctly beforehand, the whiners came out in numbers in the chat, because of them stupidly believing in social media nonsense and rumors, once again, and then adding their own unfulfilled wish list to that, to be able to cross off even more titles that "Nintendo didn't show", and the "righteous" anger was complete. A bunch of f-ing morons, all of them, far as I'm concerned. Worthy of receiving a one-way ticket to Mars...

Anyway, scroll down a bit further to where I replied to Heavyarms55, otherwise I'd have to repeat myself twice about my further thoughts on the Direct...

@HotGoomba Ah, you poor thing...
Edge aka formerly known as Internet Explorer is still one of the least private and secure browsers, closely followed by Chrome, which is basically a tracking and advertising fest in and of itself.

Firefox on the other hand is completely mod-able, has many forks which are highly secure and dependable, such as the Tor browser, which for your information is often used by journalists, bloggers and other freedom fighters in countries that don't really invest very heavily in things like human rights and democracy...

So, in short: Firefox for the world!

@Heavyarms55 I watched the Direct live as it happened, seeing as it was aired at 2300h over here, so it was a convenient time slot for me. I thought it was a solid Direct, and there were some things that really interested me, such as the Mario Golf game, the Project Triangle Strategy (working titleTM) game and even though I haven't really spent a lot of time in previous Splatoon games, I thought that was a welcome announcement as well. And I liked a couple of the in between indie announcements as well. Too many of them passed by, so I forgot the names of most of them.

Guess I have to re-watch the Direct at some point.

And of course Skyward Sword HD. I was one of the people that actually always liked that game. I still own the limited edition, with the gold colored Wiimote+ and the concert CD:
Untitled
On a side note: you had better just ignore Anti, where it concerns things like these, because logic just doesn't apply. He has this weird, tunnel-visioned notion about games and game types (and them supposedly being 18+ even when they're clearly not) and none of us is going to change his mind or views about them. And believe me: I've most definitely tried, because it annoys me to no end...

@ogo79 What guy, what legend?
Those foody pics look like something that you'd possibly come across in a lunch room for dogs, by the way. It's all in the lighting, you see. Food photography isn't a profession for nothing, you know.

@Tyranexx Well, I've been raised properly, ma'am. Default respect mode for the ladies included, as well as never lifting a hand in any kind of offensive manner.

Now, having said that, a finger snap doesn't really count as lifting a hand in anger, right?

@Zuljaras That one can never have enough of Greek mythology is an ironclad truth, if ever there was one. As for the Direct: I think we've seen a different one than you...

All kidding aside, I suppose it wasn't as good for everyone as for some of us, but I also wouldn't call it bad. Around 30 titles were shown, in all kinds of game types, so by rights, there should be something there for everyone. But if your taste is a bit more specific, then I guess it wasn't more than average.

Personally, I went in with my expectations low, even though I would have LOVED to see another teaser trailer for Bayonetta 3 or Metroid Prime 4, and I came away pleasantly surprised with some of the announcements, so I was pretty content overall, even though I too definitely wasn't interested in everything they presented to us.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

HotGoomba

@ThanosReXXX You do realize that Internet Explorer and Edge are two different things, and Edge got upgraded to Chromium in 2019/20, making it more secure than Google Chrome (idk about Firefox, but would believe more secure than that too).

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAy there.

ThanosReXXX

@HotGoomba Believe me: I know my browsers. Have to be able to use and know about all of them, due to my work in IT-related sales & marketing. Don't believe the hype: Chromium is NOT that secure at all. Maybe more secure than Chrome in its original version, but that really isn't saying very much either. Heck, Safari is even more secure, but I don't like Apple computers...

And yeah, because of the aforementioned, I obviously know that Internet Explorer is not exactly the same as Edge, but one IS an evolution of the other, albeit based upon another core design. Still not as secure as Firefox or any of its other forks, though. And the one I linked to, the Tor browser, is most definitely one of the most safest and most private browsers on the planet.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Heavyarms55

@ThanosReXXX I watched an LP of Skyward Sword a few years ago and it really made me want to play it, and I actually have it on Wii U too. But it's just lurked in the backlog all this time. I will probably wait for the Switch version now. I think those new Joycon look downright sexy! But I also know the odds of me being able to get a pair at the normal price is about as likely as winning the lottery in this country... I helped my cousin hunt down a Switch for her kid this past Christmas, we managed to get one after a few weeks, and less than an hour after we ordered it, Best Buy was sold out, again. And I still see marked up online even now. Because scalping is only getting worse and worse.

But that original special edition you have? That looks awesome too! I don't remember seeing that back in the day, but I was on the internet a lot less back then. And man, I'd love to listen to that CD (and rip it to my hard drive and phone... XD)

As for our mutual friend, yeah, I know... but sometimes I make poor choices.

Snatcher

@ThanosReXXX I don't really want to bash what other people think but I can't really help but agrre with you about anti, he wont play any game with any blood or muture themes whatsoever, joker in smash can't play that, sonic team racing can't play that, I bet he never played orcarania of time bc it had blood in it, I'm not trying to be mean to him or anything and I heard why he has the rules in place but, just the consteant you need to agree with me is just kinda pointless, I mean you can try.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

ThanosReXXX

@Heavyarms55 Yeah, those "Hylian" JoyCon sure look good. I might be persuaded to double-dip after all, or maybe I can get my hands on these controllers without the game. I see no reason why you shouldn't be able to get them at a normal price, by the way. I'd assume that they will be available for pre-order soon, so all you'd have to do is to keep tabs on Amazon or whatever other supplier you'd usually go for, and you should be good to go.

But yeah, scalping seems to become an ever increasing problem. You'd think that by now, web shops would be able to implement some counter measures, but in the end, I kinda think that they just don't care that much, long as they're able to sell their goods to someone...

As for the soundtrack on that limited edition Skyward Sword CD: I'm sure that someone has already ripped it and put it online, so all it'll take for you to find it, is to do a bit of Googling. Or better yet: DuckDuckGo-ing. Wouldn't want to let Google know that you're looking for ripped content...

Here's the album on YouTube, so you can at least listen to it and select the various tracks:

Sunsy

@TheJGG That's nice. Yup, that's the channel I was thinking of, that's where I saw Cats, albeit the filmed version of the actual musical.

Same here, the only musicals I've seen were Cats and Lion King on Broadway as a kid. I don't get to see them much. Still nice I got to see those two live, especially since the set of Cats was amazing to see in person with all the details they had on the junkyard set.

HotGoomba

@ThanosReXXX You do bring up good points, but I can't guarantee that I'll switch.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAy there.

Tyranexx

Not sure if I'm getting some of my notifications. And the ones I do click don't always put me in the right place.

@Anti-Matter Looks like they could improve Miitopia HD then. I haven't personally played the game. It looks like a fun one, but unfortunately I have to be picky with what RPGs I pick up these days.

@TheJGG I hope they do a little more than just upres SS and call it a day. I'd be curious to see if they make any other improvements! And yeah, the motion controls complaints are overblown. I 100%ed the game back then and had very few problems with them. It was easy to recalibrate the remote the few times I did have issues. What irritated me the most was the handholding in the game, but it wasn't bad by any means. Fi is probably one of my least favorite companions in the series, but I didn't dislike her either.

I rarely if ever have chat feeds open when I watch a Nintendo Direct. Not only do I find the flurry of activity distracting, but it often moves so fast that a coherent conversation is almost impossible. Also to spare myself from the trolls and imbeciles.

@ThanosReXXX In most cases, finger snaps are pretty benevolent. Might wanna hide the Mad Titan exterior, though....

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

jedgamesguy

@ThanosReXXX One of Pyra's voice test lines in Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is "I'm glad to be of service," so appropriately I quoted it! And with all due respect predicting that some people will complain about a Nintendo Direct, is like predicting water is wet, or that people die when they are killed. They don't deserve the appraisal of the Mad Titan! But glad we're at least unified on that front.

Honestly, not much interested me from the Direct, but I loved it anyways. I probably won't get Mario Golf, but if Project Triangle StrategyTM and Splatoon 3 impress me enough I might pick them up. The deciding factor for Triangle Strategy might be difficulty options, because at times Octopath could have a crazy difficulty spike between Chapter 2 and 3. That, and it was really, really grind-y. So if there was an easy mode I would get it. The HD-2D style is just beautiful so I'm definitely interested.

But on the other hand you have games like SaGa Frontier Remastered, and honestly that game (an old sprite-based game remastered) looks absolutely awful. Reminds me of the Dragon Quest 1-3 re-releases on the Switch, from Square Enix. You have all the sprites, but you also have modern text scrolling, some generic but modern monster art, and it runs at 60 frames per second. Pick a style and stick with it, otherwise it breaks the immersion. Ghosts N' Goblins is mixed, visually. The actual graphics are nice but the UI looks... out of place and almost like a cheap mobile game.

I got Skyward Sword at launch, with the 25th Anniversary CD, and the music of the Zelda series is just amazing. Not that people on this site need convincing

@Sunsy I want to watch Cats for stage. Then if I do want to take a small field trip into hell and watch the movie I won't just hate it blindly. I'll do so with a cause.

@Tyranexx I'm listening to the Skyward Sword soundtrack, to remind myself of the grand, sweeping adventure I'm about to re-do. And hey, listen, if they do to Fi what OoT 3D did to Navi, we'll be fine.

@Anti-Matter Sorry, you can't pick up Miitopia, because it's been rated 18 in Russia So you'll have to stick to children's' games that are completely sanitised, and free of anything considered normal in today's world, such as same-sex relationships.

Kidding. But whether it's rated E or AO in Indonesia you'll likely pick it up anyways.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

MarioVillager92

@Tyranexx I never have the chat open while watching a Nintendo Direct either. Keeps me focused on watching it and I won't have to read anything too annoying/toxic, lol. I'm getting too old for those many, MANY "Waluigi for Smash Ultimate" comments...

I will admit though, I had a hard time getting into Skyward Sword because of the sword controls. I didn't make it too far as a result, and I'm normally not too bad at Zelda games. It's been a while since I played SS too. Might be a good time for me to give it another shot.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Snatcher

@TheJGG Why did you have to do anti like that bro? LOL

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic