Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 48,201 to 48,220 of 96,531

Anti-Matter

@HotGoomba___Rebrand
Not really interested for Animaniacs as i rarely to watch them when i was kid.

Btw, i stopped watching Disney Infinity 2.0 & 3.0 first play immediately after i saw Star Wars and Marvel Heroes gameplay from the beginning. I don't buy video games for playing Star Wars and Marvel Heroes.

Anti-Matter

Sunsy

@MarioLover92 The Yoshi one with the antlers sounds really cute. I think I still have my oldest Mario ornament, which has Mario riding Yoshi and Yoshi holding a gift. Had this one since I was a kid.

@Tyranexx Very cool to see those games get represented in Hyrule Warriors.

@Anti-Matter Being someone who isn't into super heroes, I've always been a cute cartoon kind of person, I have Infinity 2.0, as well as 3.0. While Disney was promoting both Marvel and Star Wars with both respectively, the games actually added more Disney content with each version via toy box. I have 2.0, and not one Marvel figure (IIRC, they also had a 2.0 starter set Merida and Stitch, that's the set I got)

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Anti-Matter

@Sunsy
I decided to not bothering again Disney Infinity games after short deliberation.
I was kinda curious for a while but not anymore.
I will not forcing myself to play games with something that made me very uncomfortable.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Tyranexx

@Anti-Matter Yep, there's absolutely nothing wrong with owning multiple game consoles and picking the games for a platform platform that best suits your tastes. Most game systems have something for about everyone if you look hard enough, as you've found.

@MarioLover92 Aha! I caught you playing XC:DE yesterday! Where are you at in the game? I've played both XC:DE and XCX, but I haven't played XC2 or Torna yet.

@BruceCM I know what a lot of internal PC hardware components look like, but I've never dealt with taking one apart or building one; the most I've ever done is swap out RAM lol. It would be an interesting project, though I do have misgivings as I'm worried I'll mess up a major and expensive component when hooking everything up.

I would like a decent PC in the future though; not only for gaming, but for some rendering work as well. I want to mess around with Unity again.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

BruceCM

Yeah, that's what I'd be concerned about, too, @Tyranexx .... If you buy a PC from a decent place, you get a warranty & can usually pay for extra/ extended coverage! Then, IF anything goes wrong, they have phone/ online support &/ or can repair/ replace the thing
For me, at least, it's worth paying a bit more to get all of that, than saving the money by trying to do it myself & then if anything goes wrong, I end up having to spend a lot more

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

MarioVillager92

@Eel Oh that's cool, I've heard of the Zelda G&W. I do have a couple history of Nintendo books too, and one of them is all about their Game & Watch line.

@Sunsy It is cute And nice! I think I said this a while back but one more I have is of Princess Peach and Toad ice skating together. We both have some cool ornaments, don't we?

@Anti-Matter Yeah, no one's forcing you to play whatever you're not interested in. Play what you like. I never cared for stuff like CoD, Fortnite, and the bajillion sports games that EA likes to make every year, so I just ignore them and play games like Mario instead. lol

@Tyranexx Oh noes, I've been caught! I just got past the part where you fight the Scout Entias. Previously I was stuck in the Defensive Kromar fight - I had to lure them one at a time, lol.

@theJGG Yeah it's a really good game for sure. I did get stuck in the Defensive Kromar fight but I managed to get past it last night. So that's cool. Kinda losing steam with AC:NH now anyway so I'll be sure to put more time into it!

Edited on by MarioVillager92

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

jedgamesguy

@MarioLover92 Their Beastman Curse is massively frustrating! The combat’s really meaty but there’s much harder boss fights in wait, and hopefully you pay for your insolence (game quote).

PS. How do you place a black bar over spoilers? I can be more liberal with my writing that way. Thanks!

Edited on by jedgamesguy

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

MarioVillager92

@theJGG [ spoiler ] Insert spoiler here [ /spoiler ]

Without the spaces of course. Hope this helped

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

jedgamesguy

@MarioLover92 Something non-spoilery, promise: The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog . Awesome, thank you very much! Helped me a ton and I'll be conscious of spoilers!

Saw your comment on your views on Fortnite, and EA Sports games and I feel the exact same way about it. I was never truly tempted to sign up for that game even though it was free and all. I'm not a fan of dedicated shooter games in general, but games like Uncharted are alright, because they use guns in their relevant capacity, not as a main weapon. You can use melee combat, or an AK-47, and that freedom makes me enjoy the game.

As for EA, I play a few Codemasters games, and they know their stuff when it comes to making a perfect arcade-sim experience. The F1 series, and the DiRT series are hallmarks of this. And now they're being bought by EA, who release the same game every year, treat the Switch user base like garbage, and employ literal apes to design their 2021 box art (for real it is very uninspiring). Don't like their loot box shenanigans either.

@Blooper987 My day's been ruined! Time travel to 2018 and tell me that, and I wouldn't know... (naturally I didn't make an account until 2020, but still) though. Good practice!

Edited on by jedgamesguy

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

MPSSislit

@ThanosReXXX
Okay, that makes sense.
That's a good attitude to have. It's always good to have a positive attitude on things, and life in general. I also tend to have a Glass half full point of view as well.

@Tyranexx
Okay. I also seemed to have missed it in here as well, as I (somehow) didn't see it. It's always good to have breaks from the internet every now and then. Nice, sounds like you made decent progress in BOTW. Usually, I tend to play around a couple of hours a day myself, so I understand what you mean by that.
Oh okay, I was just curious. 1-3 games a month isn't bad at all. I thought you were going to say that your usual amount per month was going to 5 - 10 games (for some reason). I also happened to pick up a couple of games in June as well. I think I remember the summer sale, now that you mention it (there are too many sales to keep track of). 🤔

Also, I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but I believe the Chit Chat Thread is slightly broken.
I say this because when I clicked the notifications today for this Thread, it gave me a (mostly) blank NintendoLife page, with only the top "bar" showing up. However, when I clicked on this Thread through the Forum Topics section, it works completely fine, so I don't know what's going with the notifications in this thread specifically. 🤔

Please give Ninjala a chance, guys. 🤔
As @Sunsy said,
Ninjala Gang FOR LIFE!
Also, if I don't respond to your post within a day (or two), don't worry, I'm not ignoring you. I'm going to be busy, though I will do my best to respond in a timely fashion.

MarioVillager92

@Blooper987 Welp, good thing I played Melee!

@theJGG Yeah you're welcome! I didn't play much of Uncharted, but my brother got into it when he had the PS3. I did play the third one for a little bit, just never got into it for some reason. And yeah...I don't like loot boxes very much either. Rather buy the game once and be done with it, lol. And DLC if it's worth it.

@SM3DASislit I literally had the same thing happen to me today. I saw that theJGG replied to one of my posts, I clicked on the notification, and I got that same bar. My first thought was that the post was deleted, but it's still up. Just had to look at my email and to go back a page to see it.

TheFrenchiestFry

Tonight I'm doing nothing but blasting some Kasugyama High School on the Persona 2 OST on Spotify

So freaking happy that Atlus is actually releasing the series soundtracks for streaming in the West

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Blooper987

Sorry @Eel didn’t know I couldn’t do that.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

Blooper987

Sure! What do you guys think the best animated show is? It can be either American or Japanese animation, and you can choose based off of art, music, writing, or your own personal preference.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

Mr-Fuggles777

@Blooper987 copied from the deleted thread:

Studio Ghibli would definitely be top of most people's lists, Spirited Away is one of the best movies ever made.
I also have a soft spot for Neon Genesis Evangelion as well and feel that is an almost perfect anime - between story arc and the characterisation it just nails everything for me. The Netflix version feels off because of the redub but it's still a great watch.

With no Power, comes no Responsibility!

My Nintendo: Badger | Nintendo Network ID: SW-7629-6884-5091

Zuljaras

@Blooper987 Animated show as in Series or standalone movie?

For serious series is probably Castlevania on Netflix or Hellsing the OVAs.
For a movie Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust.
For comedy Ranma 1/2.

ThanosReXXX

@Anti-Matter Well, first off, there's the hardcore gamer and the casual gamer. Then there's the division in hardcore gamers between platform-specific and multi-platform gamers, and then there's also splinter groups that I've already mentioned, such as the ones that only play console exclusive games, some that play any and all games on their console/consoles of choice, and then there's that weird group that I mentioned, who only buy one or maybe two games for their console, and those usually are sports or racing games, according to various numbers.

As for your category? Well, that would probably be "outlier" or in other words, something COMPLETELY out of the box, or any box for that matter. You, my friend, are an anomaly. That is also the thing: I'm suspecting that you still keep looking at yourself as a gamer as something completely logical or natural, and although it may feel like that for you, it's truly anything but normal. I literally know no one with such extreme tastes and/or preferences as yours, let alone having completely alien reasons for not liking games and/or certain characters. No offense, but most of it is just too weird for the average person to wrap their head around.

P.S.

Concerning Disney Infinity: even if you would have liked it, buying any sets or games from it now is a waste of money, seeing as the series isn't supported anymore, so there's very little to do with it. (edit: if I'm not mistaken, the servers are down already)

@Tyranexx Yeah... never really understood the console wars either. Back in the day, when I was still actively using my Commodore Amiga home computer, we did use to make a bit of fun of the Atari ST, which was the main competitor, but the whole Super Nintendo vs Sega Genesis war truly amazed me. Of course, it was never just the fans, because the marketing departments surely had a field day with it as well, especially at Sega, it would seem. Nintendo was far too busy trying to maintain its stranglehold on the industry to come up with all kinds of edgy commercial campaigns.

So, never built your own PC, huh? Well, color me surprised. I would have thought that with your background and professional experience, that it would almost be like second nature for you. But I guess I assumed incorrectly...

Personally, I always build my own PC's, because even though you can buy complete custom builds nowadays, it's often times still cheaper to buy the separate parts and stick 'em together yourself. Sometimes, it does confront you with some hurdles, although I suspect that nowadays, things are more and more plug and play, even compared to 4 - 5 years ago, when I built my current PC, to which I've only added minor upgrades, over the years.

@MarioLover92 Aw, that sucks. I actually also have no idea where most of my LCD games have gone. It would seem I kinda lost sight of them when I moved out of my parent's house. I never lost a gaming device since, though. I did give away my original purple clear Game Boy Color to my niece, but a year or two later, I simply bought a new one, when I stumbled upon a nice little game shop while I was on holiday in Spain, and to this day, I still have it. Exact same color as well...

@Zuljaras Only one type of gamer, huh? I'd reconsider that thought, if I were you, or else I'd have to put you in the same box as Anti...

HotGoomba___Rebrand wrote:

@Anti-Matter Firstly, you really had to write a whole essay?

@HotGoomba___Rebrand Don't say that @Zuljaras didn't warn you...

@SM3DASislit It's the only way to be, in my humble opinion. Of course it's okay to mourn a loss or to be frustrated or annoyed by obstructions in life, but seeing as we still gotta move on or forward, it's best to pocket/archive these sentiments after a while and look at what we CAN do within our own personal boundaries or confines, whether personal or professional.

On a side note: you're not the only one noticing the "broken" Chit-Chat thread, because I had the exact same thing happening to me. It has happened a couple of times over the years. I do believe it's an internet browser cache thing, so try deleting your cache or cookies, and then it should be alright again.

@Eel wasn't there already a separate, dedicated anime thread? I'd think the discussion about best anime is better suited for that than for the Chit-Chat thread, in my opinion.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Zuljaras

@ThanosReXXX Haha I meant that a gamer is a gamer. Not separated by consoles, PC master-race. The different taste in games is what makes us different.

As for Anti all his "quirkiness" and gaming taste sadly comes from his condition. As well as the other perks like attention seeking and aggressiveness. (this is only my opinion ofc)

But I have no problem being in one gaming "box" with him just like we are here with him in the NL forums.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic