Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 48,181 to 48,200 of 96,490

MPSSislit

@ThanosReXXX
Dang, that's crazy. Well, like you said you're set for life.
It's definitely crazy to think how our lives would end up one way, but then they turn out to be completely different than we ever would have predicted.

@Tyranexx
Oops, I didn't realize you were taking a New Years' break.
I've definitely heard the same thing about Steam, regarding sales. Sounds like your backlog isn't too crazy, but with around a 1/3 of them being 50+ hours long, it's almost like the equivalent of having 50 games that are shorter in length.
Back to one game a month is a good strategy to have to reduce your backlog. Wait, how many games were you getting a month before you implied your new backlog rule? If you don't mind me asking, that is.
It's always good to stick to a budget, no matter what it's for. For me, I get most of my games at Birthday and Christmas, and a few during the rest of the year if I find any games that I find interesting or am hyped enough for buy around launch.

@Vinny
How did you even find that video? 🤔

Please give Ninjala a chance, guys. 🤔
As @Sunsy said,
Ninjala Gang FOR LIFE!
Also, if I don't respond to your post within a day (or two), don't worry, I'm not ignoring you. I'm going to be busy, though I will do my best to respond in a timely fashion.

Anti-Matter

@Tyranexx
I think there are 2 different type of gamers based on their personality.
Gamers who tend to play mainstream sport like football or typical shooter games are kind of peoples who really need to follow the trendy things without even thinking further if they like those things genuinely.
I called them follower type.
While there is other kind of peoples who do not like to follow the mainstream things, they tend to find what is the best things for them. They mostly like to try different things that sometimes against the mainstream.
I called them trendsetter type.

Anti-Matter

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx Yup, exactly that. And normally I would indeed just shrug it off and think to each their own. Except for one thing, though: those "1 game" console buyers will still be rabid defenders of whatever platform they buy this single game for, because "reasons", so they still become part of the negative and/or opposing platform crowd. Which I both detest and find too stupid to even take seriously, seeing as their game of choice can literally be played on ANY platform.

Single platform defenders are already stupid morons by default, but most of them are at least keeping platform-exclusive games in mind, so at least they show some ACTUAL legitimate support for whatever platform they're rooting for.

@SM3DASislit True, and that's why I usually don't try to think of it too much in general, both concerning the good and the bad things that could/will happen. I just take it one day at a time, and I'll eventually find out where it'll take me, and then go from there, looking at what I do have and what IS possible, instead of at what I don't have or can't do. Glass half full point of view and all that.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

ThanosReXXX

@Anti-Matter That's a VERY limited and highly unrealistic view of how things are. I'd sooner label that your personal opinion than the actual truth. For starters, there are at LEAST three groups of gamers, if not four, so that's the first mistake already.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Tyranexx

@BruceCM I'm sure my machine could run older games with lower settings and a fair few indie titles, but it definitely can't handle any AAA releases lol.

I'm sure Final Fantasy X-2 has some legit flaws, but the hate of it from some corners of the web seems pretty fanatical. I suspect my overall verdict about it will be similar to Metroid: Other M in a sense; some of the complaints were valid, but some issues were blown out of proportion. It still felt like a Metroid game at its core, and there were definitely some positive points. That said, I wouldn't have bought it at full price.

@SM3DASislit No biggie, I didn't broadcast the break much, other than in here. Just for that day; I didn't visit the internet much at all. Just me, myself, and a certain Zelda game. I did do other things during the day as well, but I probably sank ~5-6 hours into BotW. Which, for me, is VERY good and above my normal daily average, even on weekend days.

I was already throttling my new game intake a little before this, and I did make some progress this past year. I picked up 1-3 games a month, though June infamously was a bit more than that; there was a heck of a summer sale on the Switch eshop, and I came away with three games lol. At least they were fairly short (Limbo, Inside, and Grim Fandango Remastered). There was also a retail purchase later that month.

@Anti-Matter There are many other categories besides those two, my friend. I'd almost say there are almost as many categories as there are people. For example, someone might like playing those trending games, but then they try out this remake of some game from "a long time ago" that everyone is raving about. Guess what? Now they're into action RPGs that feature spikey-haired guys with huge swords.

@ThanosReXXX I've personally never understood console wars. My house mostly features the House of Mario, but that's mainly because Nintendo consoles contain many of the franchises I enjoy. Not to mention the Switch and 3/DS keep my gaming plate pretty full as is. I have no problem with people playing on X platform(s) if they so choose; at the end of the day it's their money, and there are benefits to many current and last-gen setups. I've mentioned this before, but I'd grab a PS console for some of Sony's exclusives when the time comes.

...Or I'll just build or buy my own gaming and coding PC in a couple years. Still on the fence about that one lol.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Anti-Matter

@Tyranexx
Reading the comment about silly console wars...
I'm no longer have console wars.
Used to be i was very salty with PS3 and PS4, didn't even care with PSP due to very few kiddie games on them,that was before i expanded my games library with different games.
But now i played PS3, PS4 and PSP with very selective titles that i think really suitable for me. Before that, i only consider between 6 - 12 PS3 titles but as i tried never before playing games on PS3 such as Ratchet & Clank, Sly Cooper, i expanded into 30 PS3 games by maximum.
For now, whichever games released, i choose the best version to play, doesn't matter Nintendo version or Playstation version. If i think the games best on PlayStation machines, i will pick the PlayStation version, same thing for Nintendo.
Sometimes i double dipped the same games but on different consoles if i think the games are really great.
Those for multi console games.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

MarioVillager92

@ThanosReXXX Ah okay, I used to have one of those Pac-Man handhelds a long time ago too. Oh and I had that Nintendo Mini Classics LCD handheld that had Super Mario Bros. on it! It was the same as the G&W version (the 1986 SMB G&W, not the one that came out last year), though that one had a keychain, was shaped like a Game Boy, and it was green. I had it when I was like, give or take, 12 at the time. I ended up losing it though, I have no clue where it ended up. Just like my Game Boy Color. lol

@Tyranexx That's good - I love the environments in the Xenoblade Chronicles games too. They're insanely beautiful, especially on Switch, so I like exploring in those games as well. I kinda wanna play XC:DE now, lol!

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

jedgamesguy

@MarioLover92 Sigh... I'll make sure you get it now for sure. That game is a masterpiece on a storytelling, musical, emotional, and fun level. Played it on Wii in 2016 and bought DE Day 1 last year and I've sank about 600 hours into the game total. Never boring, always throws you a few curveballs story-wise (that still send shivers down my spine) and is addicting to play.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

GilbertXI

Xenoblade chronicles was awesome, like my god. I have very very very minor criticisms(some obsene difficulty spikes and filler side quests) but it is a complete masterpiece in every other way. Heck, the entire series is good, although I can see all the anime stuff in 2 turning people off the game.

Edited on by GilbertXI

GilbertXI

jedgamesguy

@GilbertXI Déjà vu for me because I wrote a couple posts in Unpopular Gaming Opinions about the whole series. If Zelda and Mario didn't exist this would be the easiest No.1 gaming franchise pick for me.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

BruceCM

Yeah, it's like that with a lot of games, really, @Tyranexx .... If you know what you're doing with building your own PC, it should be possible to save quite a bit on the usual prices! Otherwise, there's sales & assuming you don't mind getting the previous model of whatever, they get discounted more

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Anti-Matter

I want to ask about Disney Infinity 2.0 & 3.0 PS4.
I know i really do not like Western superheroes, will not try to engage with them as i will always Eww.... everytime i see them.
So, can i completely play Disney Infinity 2.0 & 3.0 without even triggering any episode of Marvel Heroes & Star Wars ?
I just want to play Disney part only.
I asked this question because i recently interested by custom building my world but still turned off by the existences of Marvel Heroes and Star Wars.
I don't even want to know their storyline and their looking. Just Eww... No !

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

HotGoomba

Hey guys, back from the break, wanted to stop making jokes on this website for a little bit.

Anyways, does anyone want to catch me up on what is happening?

@Anti-Matter No, and why do you hate Western Superheroes so much? Marvel and Star Wars are great franchises with fun characters. I get that it might be a little violent, but there are Marvel and Star Wars cartoons and animated films that are more cartoony, like Spider-Man Into the Spider-Verse, or Super Hero Squad.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAy there.

HotGoomba

@Zuljaras Dang it, didn't think of that. Hey, @Anti-Matter, can you just give me a TL;DR or a short sentence explaining your dislikes of western heros?

Anti-Matter

@HotGoomba___Rebrand
I do not like their looking, their costumes, their storyline, their popularity.
All the aspects from geometric pattern (character design), color schemes, storyline ideas, etc just really do not even match with my brain.
They always look horrible to me, just like i never like soccer at all.
It was like i choose which outfits that looks nice for my body. And the Western superheroes looks like awful outfits for my body. I don't even want to wear awful outfits, it just makes me looks stupid.
It was not about the violence, it was about their appearance and popularity. I felt irked by overpopular things that wasn't supposed to be overpopular. It just disturbing me.

I didn't grow with Western superheroes, i grew with some Japanese franchises that really suitable for me so i mostly have fond with some Japanese franchises.
But only a few Western franchises that suitable for my taste such as Disney (but not all Disney franchises i like), Handy Manny, Biker Mice from Mars, Road Rovers, Tiny Toon Adventures, Wild Kratts, Codename Kids Next Door, etc.

Oh, btw.
This is in my brain almost all the time.
Untitled

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

HotGoomba

@Anti-Matter Firstly, you really had to write a whole essay?

Secondly,

Anti-Matter wrote:

I felt irked by overpopular things that wasn't supposed to be overpopular. It just disturbing me.

Nintendo is an "overpopular" company that wasn't made to be "overpopular". That description can fit almost anything.

FINALLY,

i notice that you like Tiny Toon Adventures, do you also enjoy Animaniacs?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic