Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 48,161 to 48,180 of 96,487

Tyranexx

@MarioLover92 I doubt I'll completely work my way through my backlog, but I would like to make a huge dent. My goal is to not necessarily wipe it clean, but to drill down to where I only have a small handful of games (3-5) waiting in the wings. That way I can also comfortably replay something in my collection should the mood hit me.

On Three Houses: I suspect I'll fully experience the school/tutoring portion of the game my first time through, then let the game automatically do the legwork on subsequent playthroughs. XD From what I understand, there are actually four paths to work through? I intentionally don't know the specifics, but I've had that much disclosed to me lol.

@ThanosReXXX Happy New Year to you as well! Hopefully even Mad Titans take a load off and partake in some quiet NYE festivities? :

Child's play, huh? I'm curious at what your backlog looks like....

I did read a brief synopsis of Surviving Christmas after you mentioned it. On paper it does look decent, but in execution....Well, apparently the box office results and critic reviews speak volumes. XD I'll probably watch it at some point when there's absolutely nothing else to do.

@Sunsy Good call. Besides its original characters, it mainly incorporates characters from Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess, and Skyward Sword.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

ThanosReXXX

@MarioLover92 Amen to that. That was the main reason for me to get one: not the whole "oh, Mario is 35 years celebration" thing, but just personal youthful sentiment. I used to own several of these LCD handhelds, but stupid as young people can be, I never realized the value back then, so I haven't got any of them anymore.

So, for me, this is both kind of a trip down memory lane, as well as a bit of a "trying to get back part of what I lost" kinda thing. Not the same as being smart enough to keep the original LCD handhelds, but close enough...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx New Year's Eve festivities? Well, depending on what you mean by that, and considering the restrictions that we're currently under, there's only so much that even a Mad Titan can do...

EDIT:
Concerning my back log: just as mentioned in my previous comment to our new illustrious Chit-Chat member SM3DASislit, it's literally hundreds of titles across all the home consoles and handhelds that I own. Blame it on my principle of wanting/needing to buy titles that (in my opinion) belong to a certain platform. Simplest example: you just can't have a Nintendo console without a Zelda or a Mario game. To me, that's more or less like going to Paris and NOT seeing the Eiffel tower....

So, I just keep buying titles, most of the time only sampling them and then putting them in the collection, sometimes never to be seen again...

But I still feel the need to own them, and get them at an affordable price, so I buy them at the right time price-wise, but not necessarily "I've actually got the time to play them extensively"-wise.

Oh, well. At least I actually DO own them, so I can play them whenever I want, instead of having to hunt them down many years later, and for astronomical prices.

Concerning "Surviving Christmas": nail on the head right there. It absolutely is one of those in the category of "well, I've watched all the other Christmas movies and I've got nothing else to do for the next 90 minutes, so I might as well watch it" kinda movies. And definitely don't pay for it. Watch it if it's broadcasted on any of the channels that you already have, otherwise, it isn't worth the money. Christina Applegate or not...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Anti-Matter

@Tyranexx
I already have Golden Sun Dark Dawn since August 2015.
But still not finished yet. 😅

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

@MarioLover92
I will pick Team Sonic Racing PS4 version as PS4 version is running in 60 fps while Switch version = 30 fps.

Anti-Matter

Tyranexx

@ThanosReXXX By "festivities", I was hinting at maybe a quiet little celebration with at least you, or with some close family. Though I don't know how strict the Netherlands is with their lockdown criteria right now. I hope you at least had a good drink to ring in the new year.

I get feeling the need to own certain heavy hitters on a system! Though I typically pick up games from franchises I'm familiar with and enjoy, or grab a game that reviewed decently and has other favorable online impressions. I do occasionally take a chance. Sometimes these pay off, like with A Short Hike and Ghost Trick.

I do occasionally share the "At least I have it" mentality. That's why I nearly picked up FE3H last month. But I decided it could wait a bit longer; I doubt its print run will be discontinued anytime soon.

@Anti-Matter I played it about a year ago IIRC; in terms of how long I'd owned it, it was my oldest backlogged game at the time. I picked it up for cheap from a clearance rack at a local store several years ago.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

Heavyarms55

I was thinking I should rewatch Dr. Stone before the new second season starts this month last night.

I just finished it today. I binge watched the entire season in less than 24 hours. XD

I might be just a little excited for this.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Nicolai

@WoomyNNYes I run too, but I can never imagine running in the winter. Every time I run when its too cold out I get a headache and this general unpleasant sensation.

I wonder how much of a difference those "thermal leggings" make compared to my long running pants. Maybe the long pants I have are thermal leggings, but I still feel like I can't run in anything below 45°F.

May I should start anyway, though. I'm against paying for something as expensive as a fitness club if I can manage to take fitness into my own hands, so i generally having nothing to do in the winter besides basic anaerobic stuff at home.

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

WoomyNNYes

@Nicolai I don't want to over sell the leggings calling them "thermal", they're wind resistant leggings that have a mole-skin, fleece-like feel inside, which does help with warmth, but they don't feel thick like long johns, or look like fleece. They worked fine for 45+ degrees. As I said earlier, I put long johns under them for 20s-30s. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07NJP8GXM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_...

I don't go to gyms either. I only went while it was super convenient at college.

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Nicolai

Oh, mine definitely don't feel like fleece on the inside. I should try putting some of my long underwear underneath, though.

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

MarioVillager92

@Tyranexx Yeah, I'm pretty much the same way, I tend to play games depending on what I'm up for. I don't like feeling obligated to finish, say, a 100-hour long RPG - I like RPGs for sure, though I've always been more of a platformer kind of guy. If I'm in the mood for an RPG I'll play one, lol. I got to the schooling part in like a few sessions.

@ThanosReXXX Yeah absolutely - and I'm a huge Mario and Nintendo fan anyway so it's a win-win situation, lol. I kind of want the other Game & Watches but last I knew, they were crazy expensive. I remember seeing a G&W version of Mario Bros. at my local game store for like $100. (Fun fact: Luigi made his debut in the G&W Mario Bros., not the arcade version!) But that's fine - I have a couple of the Game & Watch Gallery games downloaded on my 3DS, should I be in the mood for them.

@Anti-Matter All righty, have fun with it. Yeah the game runs at 60 FPS on the other platforms (including the PC version). Still looks nice on Switch though, despite the lower frame rate.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx Well, I did have a decent amount of beers, but nothing out of the ordinary. Just good food and drinks, and good company, within the confines of the regulations, largely. We had two people too much in the house (regulations are you can have three visitors in your home, but with me included, they had invited 5 in total), but we kept our social distance and did all the other mandatory stuff, so we've more or less stuck to what we were told.

As for the mandatory/self-imposed game purchases: for me too, it is indeed mostly the known titles, which was exactly what I meant. I mean, some people buy a PS5 just to be able to play the last iteration of Fifa soccer, and that to me is just completely insane. You could play that on PC or Xbox as well, so you shouldn't buy a specific platform for that. I'd buy/need to own the console exclusives, sometimes even regardless of whether I'd actually play them or not. (as per my Paris/Eiffel tower metaphor).

ThanosReXXX

@MarioLover92 I only had a couple of simple, one-screen LCD games, the official Pac-Man game being one of them, but some kids in my class back in the day had the much coveted dual screen Donkey Kong LCD's. Try getting your hands on these nowadays, especially in mint condition: absolutely ridiculous prices.

Snatcher

I have been playing among us on the switch since it showed up and there is still one big problem for me, The skins and pets, for some reason there not on the switch yet and I really want to have my henry stickmin pet and dr. outfit. I wonder when they are planning to add and why they couldn't day one, Idk what do you guys think about this, and on that note buy risk of rain 2 bc its really good.

Edited on by Snatcher

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

BruceCM

Definitely worth trying FFX-2 for yourself, after X, at least, @Tyranexx .... As for Steam, there's always some games discounted & then there's publisher/ developer sales, theme sales, winter sales, spring sales, summer sales & others, too!

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Matty2310

Been over a year since I last commented on this site. In October it'll have been 10 years since I made an account here. God damn...

For those of you who don't know who I am, I'm Kirby95, I just changed my username.

3DS Friend Code: 1375-7224-8981

Vinny

I don't think the human eye is meant to look at Morshu with such high framerate.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

Anti-Matter

Woohoo...!! 😄
I finished Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time PS3 just now.
Man... It was very quick.
I got the game on Wednesday 29 December 2020 and finished in 5 days in a row.
Well, i still have Sly 3 PS3 to be finished.

Anti-Matter

Tyranexx

@MarioLover92 I'll certainly finish a RPG if I'm fully invested in the story and am enjoying other aspects of it. I sunk roughly 115 hours into Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition. I absolutely loved exploring, and the plot is one of the best I've experienced in recent memory. I'll do some extras in RPGs, but only if there's a reward I want or because I enjoy said extra.

@ThanosReXXX Good food, drinks, and good company are all one can ask for IMO. I spent New Year's with my parents and siblings. I picked up some ordered food from somewhere and brought it by, then we relaxed most of the evening.

I also fail to understand why some people buy a console just for the latest sports or CoD iteration. The fact that they're ignoring some exclusive games, especially on the PS side last gen, drives me crazy. That said, there's clearly a market for those yearly releases, though to me they're often just the same game with a new coat of paint. /shrug Oh well. To each their own.

@BruceCM I'll at least try FF X-2 and will try to do so with an open mind when the time comes. I have it on cartridge even, so it'd almost be a waste as that's why I bought the Japanese import to begin with. It drives me crazy that more than a few Switch collections are only shipping with some of the games on the cartridge, and the rest are download-locked. I buy carts to save space lol.

Steam sales would be the death of me. I'll likely get an account at some point, but my current personal machine could only handle some older games and indies.

BruceCM

Well, there's probably plenty of stuff on Steam you could still play, at least on lower graphics settings, @Tyranexx .... That's what makes the biggest difference! But FFX-2 isn't bad, it's just quite different in tone & many other ways from FFX. I still replayed it with FFX on Switch, after having them both on Vita & now have them on Steam, too

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic