Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 48,141 to 48,160 of 49,580

Heavyarms55

@Tyranexx I played the heck out of Y. But not for it's story. I bred several shinys and played a lot of wifi battles. It's still my highest playtime of a single save file in any game ever. Lol.

I played a bit of Go today too. Didn't get anything special but nabbed a few gen 6 mons.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Eel

Would be cool to play Among Us with people from the forums. Though it seems it requires everyone being able to communicate properly for it to be the most fun.

So setting it all up seems like a bit of a hassle.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx Wow, that's one heck of a text wall to wade through. And here I was thinking that me and @NEStalgia were the champions in that regard...

As for the movie: I wasn't aware that you had a taste for foreign and/or art house movies.

On a side note: I also don't know if there's a dubbed or subbed version of it, so there's that as well.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Blooper987

@Eel if everyone had discord it wouldn’t be too hard.

Join the Doggo Nation and Subscribe to our eternal virtual overlord Korone on YouTube immediately!

Also sub to Amelia Watson while your at it. You’ll be thanking me afterwards.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

Tyranexx

@Anti-Matter I've heard of Monster Rancher and did watch some of the anime back in the day. I haven't played any of the games however. Those PS1/2 games sound like they're fun! I do pick up alternative monster games every now and again: I've played Monster Hunter Stories and the first two 3DS Yo-kai Watch games for example.

I can see how you think Pokemon games can be repetitive. I've usually stuck with them for the mechanics and exploration in more recent entries than the story. There are some dark themes hidden in the games at times, but they can only do so much when it's aimed at children. Though X/Y (the sixth generation games) have the worst plot in the series IMO, with a few bright spots in there...mostly related to Pokemon Trainer AZ.

@HotGoomba___Rebrand That's reassuring. Sounds like it's a fun game! I didn't think it would be too complex, I was just curious how easy it was to pick up. I suppose only I can answer that lol.

@Heavyarms55 The main reason I picked up Y, besides it being part of a new Pokemon generation, was because I liked Yveltal's design more, though Xerneas is pretty decent too. The cover legendary is part of the deciding factor, along with what version exclusives I desire more. I think I sunk maybe 100 hours into the game, whereas I clocked about 300 hours into Black 2 according to my 3DS log lol.

I did like a lot of the mechanics introduced in X/Y, particularly Mega Evolution, as OP as it sometimes is.

@ThanosReXXX I can belt them out on occasion, particularly when I need to strong together a few responses. Probably should have broken that one up a little.

I do have a curiosity for foreign movies, depending on the subject matter. Though a subbed version at the very least would be desirable.

Currently playing: LoZ: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Donkey Kong Country 3 (Wii U VC)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3478-2466-4791 | Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

Blooper987

KoF 15 is gonna be shown off on January 7th!

Join the Doggo Nation and Subscribe to our eternal virtual overlord Korone on YouTube immediately!

Also sub to Amelia Watson while your at it. You’ll be thanking me afterwards.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

WoomyNNYes

Eel wrote:

Would be cool to play Among Us with people from the forums. Though it seems it requires everyone being able to communicate properly for it to be the most fun.

So setting it all up seems like a bit of a hassle.

Yeah, it's a shame there isn't a way to post a status on the Switch to say, I'm down to play this game with someone, if anyone is interested.

Science liker
Extreme bicycle rider
(Nobody says "extreme". I said it to be silly.)
Playing: Rocket League, and ...well, lately just Rocket League.

Vinny

Okay, let me come clean: There were no sea peoples, It was me who caused the bronze age collapse. Sorry.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

Heavyarms55

@Tyranexx I also agree that Yveltal was a cooler design. Although Xerneas is the most OP Pokemon ever created because Geomancy + Power Herb is just outrageous.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Eel

I usually end up choosing the secondary, or "Blue", version of the generation. Interestingly enough, it isn't always the one with blue in the cover.

For example, Shield is red in it's theming, but the exclusive and legendary pokemon available fall more in line with the blue versions of the past.

I dunno how it ends up happening. But my brain knows what to pick by default.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

HotGoomba___Rebrand

@Eel I choose the one with the cooler (or cuter) cover

Remember kids, as the god named Eggman said:

"I'M GONNA PISS ON THE MOON!"

i don't know if i can say piss on this site lol

Eel

I suppose that's a bit more subjective. For example, I think Xerneas looks cooler than Yveltal.

I'm not sure I'd call any cover pokemon cute, besides Pikachu and Eevee.

Bloop.

My dead channel.

HotGoomba___Rebrand

@Eel Yeah that's true, and even then, (in my opinion), Let's Go Pikachu was such a disappointment of a game. I hate the throwing mechanic, and it's too easy, at least compared to Sun.

Eel

The trainers get high levels, and don't give out that much exp. So they can get tricky if you don't overlevel/spend too much time catching pokemon.

The ultra games on the 3ds have some fun difficulty spikes too, if you liked Sun/Moon and haven't played the Ultra versions, I recommend them

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

HotGoomba___Rebrand

@Eel I've been looking at the Ultra games, but I've kinda stopped playing most 3ds games at this point.

NEStalgia

@Eel A bird dragon raptor thing.....and you think the glorified reindeer is the cooler design?

NEStalgia

MarioLover92

@Tyranexx Yeah I think you're right, it definitely seems to be that way with regular algebra stuff. I will admit, some math courses were pretty dang tough for me. lol

Just curious. Are you planning on getting Animal Crossing: New Horizons? I've been playing it a ton and it would be cool to see each of our islands. There's a nice community for the game right here on NL, too!

Nintendo Life's (self-proclaimed) #1 Mario fan! Wahoo!

My SMM2 ID: V1J-NRF-PWG
AC:NH Island: D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Let me know if you've added my Switch friend code by replying to my comments.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-8582-2999 | My Nintendo: MarioFan92 | Twitter:

ThanosReXXX

@Eel That Among Us game looks strangely compelling to play. I'd be down for some online multiplayer, if it wasn't for the massive comparative time warp/displacement that I'm living in over here...

@Tyranexx Haha, yeah I can imagine, from experience as well, obviously. Dutch is not exactly your average "pick up & play" language, so it definitely takes some practice...

@Vinny As an appreciator and/or fan of early Greek society and mythology, I'm thoroughly disappointed to hear that...

@NEStalgia Hey, man. There's simply no accounting for taste. Besides: you like trains. TRAINS.
Come on, seriously?

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Tyranexx

@Heavyarms55 Xerneas is definitely OP. In hindsight I'm glad I went with Y; what passed as its plot was a bit more apocalyptic thanks to that wyvern's talents. If I recall correctly anyway. It's been a little while.

@MarioLover92 I did all right with trigonometry, but I waded into the actual calculus stuff just enough to know I was gonna be in over my head past that point lol.

On Animal Crossing: I'd like to pick up New Horizons at some point, but I doubt it'll be anytime soon. I've only owned my Switch for about a year and am still playing catch-up lol. I went a bit overboard stockpiling games in advance via gifts or sales. XD I still buy new titles if I absolutely must have them, but some I can easily wait on.

@ThanosReXXX Definitely not lol. I've come across a few Dutch words, some of which I can get the general meaning of. But to try to follow along while it's spoken naturally? Way above my level. XD

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: LoZ: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Donkey Kong Country 3 (Wii U VC)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3478-2466-4791 | Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic