Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 48,121 to 48,140 of 96,313

Blooper987

Happy New Year Everyone!!!

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

MarioVillager92

It's officially 2021 at my place. Once again, Happy New Year guys!

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

jedgamesguy

@SM3DASislit I'm not much into other sports but I was very prepared to go and watch as much of the Tokyo Olympic Games as I could, but of course it was delayed a year. (Did you know that to cancel the Games, would cost about $40 billion?) I renew this promise this year, and I'll watch them for sure. Part of that comes because I am a competitive swimmer for my school. Competed in some county level stuff and got some really cool looking medals. Haven't been able to train properly since March but I am keeping my fingers crossed that I can get back in... I started a few years ago and was improving rapidly but the pandemic didn't let me finish off the season.

Apart from swimming I love playing sports, so this year is gonna be so fun in that regard. This year I was a couch potato because I was stuck inside playing video games though... what a letdown! I'll watch soccer (did you know that "soccer" was invented by an Englishman?) very occasionally, the last time I watched a full game was the 2018 World Cup, the match Croatia against England. It was a very... painful game and as soon as Croatia scored the winning goal I just switched the TV off, and began silently cursing like some kind of satanist!

I've seen the start of American Football and it's such a wild "rabid" sport, I doubt I'll enjoy it at all.

@Heavyarms55 Otaku are the future. They stay at home all day and play video games, watch anime and read manga, without any outside dangers. Call 1-800-OTAKU now to sign up for your otaku care package! Happy New Year!

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG

Heavyarms55

@theJGG You'll find few Otaku as nerdy as I. Lol

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

LuigibrineTheGreat

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!

Be yourself, no matter who you are!
For me, that's being madly in love with fictional characters. Plz don't judge.
Yes, my first anime was High School DxD. Don't ask or judge!
Switch FC: SW-0507-9503-1127 | 3DS FC: 1736-0165-7775 | Battle.net: Luigibrine#1151

MPSSislit

Happy New Year to all, and to all a good night (and year). 🎆🥳

Please give Ninjala a chance, guys. 🤔
As @Sunsy said,
Ninjala Gang FOR LIFE!
Also, if I don't respond to your post within a day (or two), don't worry, I'm not ignoring you. I'm going to be busy, though I will do my best to respond in a timely fashion.

Snatcher

Happy new Year You guys.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

HotGoomba

I don't know if anyone saw this so I'll repost it:

Ok, so the new year has just started. I'm going to be taking a short break from this website, so I just wanted to say Happy New Year, Good Luck, and I'll see y'all next week.

The link on my profile got even worse.

Don't click on it.

Or you can, at your own risk.

ThanosReXXX

Happy New Year and best wishes to all my long time, resident Chit-Chatting friends.

@Eel Food poisoning? Ouch! In any case, I hope you feel better now.
Funny you should mention the Game & Watch, seeing as I also treated myself to one, and I received it yesterday. Normally, I'd say that this is my final purchase for now, but I've already said that two times before, and each time, I succumbed to something new again, so I'll just forego stating it another time.

@SM3DASislit I probably need several "backlog-inators"...

@Tyranexx A backlog of "into the 100s"? Ha! Child's play...
And yeah, watching Surviving Christmas was definitely not one of my better judgment calls. But eh, it's done and dusted now. And it was on cable, so luckily, it didn't cost me anything extra. When I read the info pane on my digital TV guide, the premise sounded good, and I do think that it was kind of a funny and/or heart-warming Christmas concept on paper, but what they've done with it just turned it into your run of the mill semi-goofy comedy with a highly predictable ending.

So, I certainly wouldn't recommend it to anyone, but then again: we don't all have the same tastes and likes/dislikes, so it might still be okay for some. Final verdict: give it a go if it's available to you for free, and if you have nothing else to do.

@Anti-Matter Year of the Golden Rat, huh? Probably somebody ate it, that's why we ended up with COVID. Oh no, wait: that was a flying rat...

Year of the Golden Ox should be good. It's a good star sign. I'm a Taurus myself, and I also exude a lot of confidence and strength/willpower, combined with a glass half-full mentality. There's definitely quite a few people who are in need of that, so here's to a much better year.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Anti-Matter

@ThanosReXXX
Chinese New Year is consists 12 different animals and 5 different elementals. Each year represent 1 different animal and the elementals is changed every 2 years in order.
So year 2020 was Golden Rat year (Rat year with Metal/Gold element) and for year 2021 it will be Golden Ox year (Ox year + Metal/Gold element).
Animals are sorted in order from Rat as the 1st to Pig as the 12th.
1. Rat
2. Ox
3. Tiger
4. Rabbit
5. Dragon
6. Snake
7. Horse
8. Goat
9. Monkey
10. Rooster
11. Dog
12. Pig

Five elementals also sorted in order from Metal as the first to Earth as the 5th.
1. Metal
2. Water
3. Wood
4. Fire
5. Earth

So on year 2022 it will be Water Tiger year (see the list above).

I was born in year 1984, Wooden Rat Chinese zodiac sign.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

ThanosReXXX

@Anti-Matter Oh boy, no offense, but I sometimes truly wonder how your mind works, because you nearly always give me answers that I'm not looking for, like not at ALL. I just made a joke about star signs, I wasn't looking to get a lesson in Chinese zodiac topography.

Weirder still is if I answer any of your questions, I usually don't even get a decent response. Go figure. I'm betting that the professionals could have a field day with you.

But, to go along with your weird mind bender, I seeing as I am a Taurus and was born in the year of the Dog, it could be said that Taurus + Dog = bull terrier.

That would definitely explain my character, will power and tenacity. If you believe in all that kind of stuff, obviously.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Anti-Matter

@ThanosReXXX
Oh, Golden Rat year i was talking about was actually according to Chinese New year.
I mentioned year 2020 was a Golden Rat year because that was actually the Chinese zodiac sign and elemental for year 2020.
Also...
I am Scorpio, Wooden Rat.

Anti-Matter

RR529

Ringing in a happy new year with everyone's favorite pink puff, Kirby!

Untitled
Untitled

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Zuljaras

@ThanosReXXX Please pick ANY other dog. ANY! Just not Bull Terriers

I do not know why but the appearance of this breed is really appalling to me. They might be good, strong and loyal but every time I see one I go "UGH why did they breed a shark with a dog and then decided to keep the result!"

Btw do you believe in this Zodiac crap? Or you just find it interesting

ThanosReXXX

@Anti-Matter Still not getting it, huh? That's not what I meant, but that's okay buddy. It's a new year...

@Zuljaras Well, there wasn't much to pick for me, seeing as I didn't make these zodiac rings. And no, I don't necessarily believe in them. I do believe that nature, and as such the universe as a whole, INCLUDING movements of planets and constellations, has an effect on all living beings, as witnessed in animals and mood swings in certain seasons in people, but only to a scientific extent.

I definitely don't read the weekly horoscopes in the newspaper or gossip magazines...

WoomyNNYes

Happy New Year lovely peeeople!

I was about to put Immortals in, but decided I won't until after 8 min abs.

SInce late november I've been running a mile like once a week, doing 8 minute abs twice a week (p4p 8min abls, level 2 on youtue), and some sets of pushups, sometimes other stuff, all to try and keep winter weight off. That... and portion control at dinner - I only get seconds if I'm still hungry 20 minutes later, which never happens. And I limit junk food, seek out fiber, cut sugar where I can.

I know workout talk may sound very "bro" to some, but thought mentioning what I've been doing might bolster someone else's winter-weight-fighting. I've never run in the winter before this winter. I got some Nike thermal leggings this fall from amazon (wear long johns under them if it's 20s-30s F outside). Expletive, I can't believe I ran when it was in the 20s F outside. Get thick wool socks if you do that. Running is stupid, and running in the winter is even stupider, but with the pandemic staying in shape has been tougher, so I had to do something.

I know it's harder for people with kids to find time to do that stuff, so don't take any of this as a guilt trip.

@Zularas "zodiac crap", that made me laugh

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Eel

@ThanosReXXX besides frequent visits to the bathroom, it could be much worse all things considered.

The Game and Watch was effectively my one last glorious purchase of 2020. It was supposedly gonna come out in January here in Mexico, but they sold it for Christmas instead.

On the subject of bull terriers, yeah they're weird looking. I very much prefer pit bull terriers, much nicer, gentler, faces.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Zuljaras

@Eel I just Googled pit bull terrier and they are nothing like the bull terriers. They are much better looking breed. But then again what breed is NOT a much better looking?

It might sound weird but I like pugs. Yes they are ugly but they are so ugly that they are adorable. They are not healthy but their happiness and "smile" are overwhelming.

The other breed from the RAT-like family is the Pomeranian (all spritz to be precise).

Eel

Yeah pugs are cute. It's kinda sad how quickly they get winded and seem to grow old faster. Somehow.

Pomeranians are adorable too, little fluff balls. Playing Ghost Trick made me a fan of them. Though they look like they could be short tempered and loud in real life.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic