Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 48,101 to 48,120 of 49,399

HotGoomba___Rebrand

@DannyBoi Then why is the Super Mario 3D All Stars collection a limited release?

Remember kids, as the god named Eggman said:

"I'M GONNA PISS ON THE MOON!"

i don't know if i can say piss on this site lol

Losermagnet

@HotGoomba___Rebrand so Ninty can get that cheddah'

Seriously though, why is 3d All Stars limited? I mean, I love the thing but even I cant fathom the benefit. It cant really be drumming up scarcity sales too much. Maybe they hope it'll push system sales in that time period? With a few things happening at the end of march simultaneously it makes me feel like something is looming in the horizon.

Edited on by Losermagnet

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

Wargoose

@Losermagnet I've got a feeling they'll start selling them individually digitally, as well as a bunch of other older games.

Wargoose

Anti-Matter

@Losermagnet
The limitation of Mario 3D All Stars forced me to consider the game quickly and disturbing my games purchase schedule even the games probably still available on my local game shops after March 2021.
And i'm not really hyped to play old 3D Mario games at the moment as i have ever experienced with the painful experience during playing Super Mario Galaxy. It was really hard for casual gamer like me, it requires perfect timing and quick reactions for every single executions. I will pick the game as i have never played Mario Sunshine.
Maybe i will buy the game quickly just only to secure the game.

The things i LOVE :
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Eurobeat songs
3. Japan
4. Six pack dudes
5. Cute Chibi looking
6. Boxing & Kickboxing
7. Girly games
8. Life simulation games
9. White & Blue colors
10. Anthro animals

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Tyranexx

I'm holding out on grabbing Super Mario 3D All-Stars until at least late February, probably into March. I'm waiting to see if they announce separate digital releases for each game. The only one I haven't played is Sunshine, so I'd rather grab that separately instead of picking up two other games that I already own in some form. I have Galaxy for the Wii still, and I just played Super Mario 64 on the Wii U VC for the first time 2-3 years ago.

@Heavyarms55 I got out a bit this evening, but the only raids I saw running were for Aggron and Kyurem. I'll keep an eye out for those Espurr! Both genders since Meowstic can look very different.

In my opinion, I felt Gen 5 had a huge share of Pokemon designs that ranged from blah to meh, likely due to GF trying to achieve an exclusive regional dex; I'm not fond of the elemental monkeys, for example. Axew's line as a whole contains some of the best designs out of that generation. I daresay it's the rarest non-legendary Dragon type in the game right now. I've only seen them either as a buddy or stuck in gyms. Whereas I've hatched Gible or found a couple in the wild, and I've hatched enough Deino, with some Rare Candy help, to obtain Hydreigon with few issues.

@MarioLover92 Definitely! My booklog isn't as scary these days, but my game backlog always needs whittling lol. And I need to get around to rewatching a couple of TV shows I have on DVD. Too, in my case, it doesn't help that I'm not that interested in a small project I'm working on for my job. It touches an area of our software system that was...coded badly. Spaghetti code. A mess. Horrifying.

I'm a more recent DQ fan and have only played a few games so far (IV, V, and VIII), but I do plan to get to most of the others! It's an amazing JRPG series. I do own XI as of September but haven't gotten around to playing it yet.

On those two holiday images: Ooh, tough call. I'm slightly more partial to the second design, but I think the first one would be easier to make into an avatar.

Currently playing: LoZ: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Donkey Kong Country 3 (Wii U VC)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3478-2466-4791 | Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

HotGoomba___Rebrand

@Tyranexx I already have 3D All Stars but I haven't played it yet, because I want to finish the games I currently have first, Spider-Man, Pikmin 3, SpongeBob Rehydrated, Sam & Max Season 1. I do wonder if Galaxy 2 will be DLC or something though.

MarioLover92

@Tyranexx Oh my goodness, that sounds fun. So that's a programming project I assume - was the "spaghetti code" given to you or did you have a tough time with it? I'm fairly decent at programming myself, but I do have a tendency to get overwhelmed by the amount of code that needs to be written. Particularly in C++. So that's my biggest weakness when it comes to coding - other than that I do like it. Been thinking of making a simple text adventure game out of it, just for fun.

I ended up with the Christmas pic with Mario and Yoshi. Thought it would be more fitting since it's December now, but I still really like the sledding picture. Did I mention how adorable Yoshi looks?

Nintendo Life's (self-proclaimed) #1 Mario fan! Wahoo!

My SMM2 ID: V1J-NRF-PWG
AC:NH Island: D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Let me know if you've added my Switch friend code by replying to my comments.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-8582-2999 | My Nintendo: MarioFan92 | Twitter:

Heavyarms55

@Tyranexx Oh trust me, I consider gen 5 the weakest gen for Pokemon design. Many were just blatant retreads of existing ideas, for, like you said, the all new regional design.

That doesn't mean there aren't a few gems mixed in though.

@Eel, thanks for joining that raid. Was helping the kid get a Machamp. Only sent the invites on a whim because "why not?"

Edited on by Heavyarms55

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

HotGoomba___Rebrand

New Profile Picture lol

Anti-Matter

Sorry if I have to repost this question again on Chit Chat thread as still nobody answered my question.
Please confirm me which Xbox 360 games that will work on Xbox 360 USA machine.

1. Disneyland Adventures PAL
2. Dr. Kawashima Body and Brain Exercise PAL
3. Kinect Sports Double Pack PAL
4. Game Party in Motion PAL
5. Zoo Tycoon PAL

I really appreciate if someone can help me to tell if those PAL XBOX 360 games are playable on Xbox 360 USA machine.

The things i LOVE :
2. Eurobeat songs
3. Japan
4. Six pack dudes
5. Cute Chibi looking
6. Boxing & Kickboxing
7. Girly games
8. Life simulation games
9. White & Blue colors
10. Anthro animals

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Tyranexx

@HotGoomba___Rebrand You have a full plate too! I also wonder if Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't show up eventually; I prefer the first SMG over the second, but both are very much worth playing.

@MarioLover92 I help work on the desktop side of a legacy service management application. Some parts of it are pretty decent, but other older parts were primarily written by the same person who...didn't structure their code well. Huge functions, ambiguous/odd comments, redundancy...I could go on lol. The area I'm in is highly sensitive to any changes - and in the grand scheme of things, somewhat minor - and is one of the foundations the system is sold on.

C++ huh? I need to get back into that at some point. I took a course during college but haven't used it since. I have some knowledge of its cousin C#, but I'm no expert. I like coding, but I've found that I'm best left to sticking to it for my job; I experiment a little on my own every now and again, but I've found too much of this leads to burnout.

Love the new avatar! Honestly what you used is the area I was picturing best for an avatar out of that image. Yoshi is indeed adorable.

@Heavyarms55 oh yeah, Gen 5 certainly contains a few awesome Pokemon designs too. Blitzle/Zebstrika, Sandile's line, Zodiac/Zoroark, and Litwick's line are a few of my favs. But as a whole, VERY generic.

Honestly, I haven't enjoyed a lot of the monkey Pokemon that emerged after Slaking in Gen 3. Infernape especially felt like a retread of Blaziken with a methane problem.

Currently playing: LoZ: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Donkey Kong Country 3 (Wii U VC)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3478-2466-4791 | Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

HotGoomba___Rebrand

@Tyranexx I never played Super Mario Galaxy 2, and I was too young to understand the first game, so having a version on my modern Console would be great.

Also, do you like my new avatar? I chose another Sam & Max one because why not, and it's Christmas themed so yay!

Anti-Matter

@HotGoomba___Rebrand
I have posted my question on Xbox thread but still nobody answered my question about PAL region Xbox 360 games being played on USA machine. 😑
I need the answer "Yes, it can" or "No, it can't" from the PAL Xbox 360 games i want to play on XBOX 360 USA machine.

The things i LOVE :
2. Eurobeat songs
3. Japan
4. Six pack dudes
5. Cute Chibi looking
6. Boxing & Kickboxing
7. Girly games
8. Life simulation games
9. White & Blue colors
10. Anthro animals

Heavyarms55

@Tyranexx I like Infernape. I only got annoyed by Emboar. A third Fire/Fighting bipedal starter in a row put me off a lot. Even if I do rather like Emboar's shiny a lot, it wasn't quite enough for me to forgive it. Then we got Fennikin in gen 6 and I got excited, I even like its evolved form (which I can't remotely remember how to spell) a lot. But Delphox ended up quite ugly... When I first saw Incenaroar and then again Cinderace, I thought both times there were seriously going back to fire fighting. Thankfully that didn't happen. Even if Cinderace can become fighting with it's ability.

Back on point though, yeah, Gen 5 has a lot of generic replacement designs. Patrat is just uglier ratata. Pidove is just bad pidgey, for example. And the monkeys were obviously just put in the game as secondary crappy starters... On the other hand gen 5 gave us Chandulure and Haxorus and Hydreigon, all of which are really cool and all of which have excellent shiny forms! (coughwhichItotallyhaveshinycough)

I understand why a lot of people like generation 5, but for me I always felt it was much weaker than 4. Where 4 was bright and colorful and exciting, Gen 5, even going back to it, constantly feels dreary and dark, not dark story, like just dark. It reminds me of a constant cloudy and wet day. I loved Platinum and HGSS is, in my opinion, the peak of the series for single player experience for me. By no means do I hate gen 5, I'd still rank it far about 6 and 7, but below 8 below 4 too. I'd probably rank the gens 4, 8, 3, 5, 6, 7, 1, and 2. With 2 only in last because I can't see any good reason beyond nostalgia to revisit it, since we have HGSS. Otherwise I'd but 2 right after 8.

Of course, I'm taking a great risk sharing this. I've made a lot of people angry on this site for liking gen 8 and saying anything negative about 5.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Anti-Matter

@Kimyonaakuma
That link still not answering my question.
Look at the 5 Xbox 360 games i want to play but they are PAL region.

1. Disneyland Adventures PAL
2. Dr. Kawashima Body and Brain Exercise PAL
3. Kinect Sports Double Pack PAL
4. Game Party in Motion PAL
5. Zoo Tycoon PAL

I found them from my local online shop, they were so cheap but i was concerning the region i saw. They are PAL region games.
I have checked the region compatibility from playasia but still haven't found any answer for the games i want to play on USA machine if they were PAL games.
From what i saw on the list, most of Kinect games by 1st party (Microsoft) are ALL Region, i saw the USA version are playable on ALL region machines but i still never saw the region compatibility of PAL Kinect games being played on USA machine. The answer i got just (???), Untested, so it made me wonder if PAL region of Kinect games are ALL region like USA version or not. I really need that answer because i don't want to buy a wrong region games that cannot be played on USA machine.
I have searched from the other website but i still couldn't find best answer for my games list above.

The things i LOVE :
2. Eurobeat songs
3. Japan
4. Six pack dudes
5. Cute Chibi looking
6. Boxing & Kickboxing
7. Girly games
8. Life simulation games
9. White & Blue colors
10. Anthro animals

Eel

Heh my brother gave me his old airpods.

They have a whole one hour of battery life.

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

HotGoomba___Rebrand

@Eel bruh™ Moment®

Edited on by HotGoomba___Rebrand

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic