Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 48,101 to 48,120 of 96,534

jedgamesguy

@SM3DASislit Are you a fan of Formula One? Because my enthusiasm for that borderlines encyclopaedic! I even got a few friends into it because of the pandemic! And this season was absolutely ridiculous, packed with drama, carnage and emotion. I’ve only watched for two years but I’ve done my research and this is one of the best yet! And the driver lineup is looking so good for next season... who knows? My profile picture is Kimi Raikkonen, nicknamed Iceman, and he is the coolest sportsman I’ve seen. Honest, brutal, hates English media, and parties like a rock star. He said that racing was just a hobby to him, and in that interview I screenshotted his face!

@Tyranexx My apologies. Hope you get round soon, but nonetheless have a Happy New Year! Best wishes to you and your family!

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

BruceCM

I'm sure 3 Houses will go on sale again sooner or later, too, @Tyranexx .... I've sadly succumbed to Steam sales, so I've built up quite a good backlog!

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

MPSSislit

@Tyranexx
That's the Chit Chat Thread for you.
Okay. Wait some people have 100's of games in their backlog?
Untitled
Well, you seem to have a plan for reducing your backlog, so just continue to use that.
That's why I don't play RPG's as I know they can be definite time sinks.
That's what my friend was doing for a while with Wii games that he missed.

@TheJGG
I think I've heard of them, but I'm not really into racing (or most sports, TBH) Sorry that I'm not a fan.
Nice, it always to get friends into new things, as long as you do it nicely. 🤔
I was just saying your profile pic matches the first part of your previous comment, as Mr. Iceman looks confused and has a "What did I just walk into?" face, and you had the same reaction as well (from what I could tell).
For some reason, I thought the face on your profile pic was your face, and I don't know why I thought that. Haha, nice screenshot you got.

Edited on by MPSSislit

Please give Ninjala a chance, guys. 🤔
As @Sunsy said,
Ninjala Gang FOR LIFE!
Also, if I don't respond to your post within a day (or two), don't worry, I'm not ignoring you. I'm going to be busy, though I will do my best to respond in a timely fashion.

jedgamesguy

@SM3DASislit Cheers! I initially used an image of a driver’s KFC bucket helmet but I love Kimi’s nonchalant blank face. Usable in any situation with zero context needed! Nonetheless I understand your view, because I wasn’t a fan of sports until I met a guy who was a big F1 fan. And now I’m here putting Iceman’s face on my NL and YouTube profile pictures! At least you don’t actively hate televised sports!
In that I’ll wish you a Happy New Year, whether it’s happened for you already or not! For me it’s five to one, so I’m absolutely clocked. Here’s to an excellent 2021!

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Anti-Matter

@SM3DASislit
"Wait some people have 100's of games in their backlog?"

I have 250+ physical games by accumulated.
I have finished my backlogs around 50 - 60 %, and yet there are some games i rarely to play due to lost the hype or still not in the mood to play. 😅

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

@Tyranexx
I also have some JRPG backlogs that i still haven't finished yet such as FF IV NDS, Golden Sun Dark Dawn NDS, Kingdom Hearts 3DS, Ever Oasis 3DS, FF X-2 Switch, FF VIII Switch, FF IX Switch, Pokemon Omega Ruby, Pokemon Sun, Pokemon Ultra Moon, Pokemon Black 2 & White 2, etc. 😅

Anti-Matter

NintendoByNature

Happy new year everyone. Stay safe out there wherever you are. Hope we all have a great and prosperous 2021

NintendoByNature

Anti-Matter

@NintendoByNature
Year 2020 was a Golden Rat year, supposed to bring a lot of great luck.
Alas, it brought a fatal disease by Covid19 instead of good luck.
Year 2021 will be a Golden Ox year, the year of Nintendo company, hopefully some great progress during year 2021.

Anti-Matter

1UP_MARIO

Happy new year everyone. All the best for 2021.
Wahooo your number One

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Anti-Matter

@1UP_MARIO
Happy New Year 2021 from Indonesia. 😀
How was your place?
Still waiting for several hours to go 1 January 2021 ?

Anti-Matter

1UP_MARIO

@Anti-Matter still a lot of restrictions but I have my family to enjoy the day with. Happy new year and happy gaming

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

MarioVillager92

Happy New Year to you all! Hopefully this pandemic will end soon enough. Just continue to stay healthy, wear your masks when you're going out, do social distancing, all that stuff. Let's make 2021 an even better year.

@Sunsy Oh cool, nice job on finishing chapter 2. The latest ornament I got this year was the Mario ornament from My Nintendo. I almost missed out on it - I went ahead and did some missions and I got enough platinum coins for the ornament. I'm happy I got it!

@Tyranexx Yep they're all on YouTube - there was even a promo tape for Donkey Kong Country, but the N64 tapes were what I had the most memories with. (I was 2 when DKC1 came out, so I vaguely recalled it until I saw it on YT.) That's smart thinking, trying to work your way through your backlog before you buy FE:3H. It's a really good game though - just need to adjust to this new teaching aspect, lol. I've tutored before, so I should be okay. Love the soundtrack, too!

Edited on by MarioVillager92

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

MPSSislit

@TheJGG
Okay, I thought you were the one with bucket helmet pfp, but I wasn't sure. I've just seen you pop into Forums when you had that pfp.
Anyways, Haha, it definitely could be used with zero context or those (insert series) No Context videos you randomly find on the internet. Interesting, are you interested in any other sports, or is it just F1 you're interested in? I don't why I would "actively hate televised sports".
The only sport I really don't "get the hype" for is (American) Football, as fans can be straight-up "rabid" to each other, and that's something that I don't like at all. (I know fans can get "rabid" with each other in other sports, but (American) Football seems to be the worst offender). 🤔
Thanks. Happy New Year to you as well. It hasn't happened to me yet.

@Anti-Matter
250+ physical games?!
Untitled
I'm surprised that you have that many games in your backlog, as you tend to be more particular with the games you get. I'm assuming that the 250+ games you have are across all platforms that you own. Also, if you lost the hype for some of the games in your backlog why don't you just sell them, so that way you can reduce your backlog?
Also, just an FYI, if you are quoting someone, you can just use the Quote button. Just wanted to let you know, in case you didn't know. 🤔

Edited on by MPSSislit

Please give Ninjala a chance, guys. 🤔
As @Sunsy said,
Ninjala Gang FOR LIFE!
Also, if I don't respond to your post within a day (or two), don't worry, I'm not ignoring you. I'm going to be busy, though I will do my best to respond in a timely fashion.

Heavyarms55

Knowing how many people in this neighborhood are very well armed, I'm never sure if I am listening to fireworks outside or if there's a shootout on going. I only give it 60-40 odds for fireworks...

Anyway, happy new year everyone!

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Anti-Matter

@SM3DASislit
Well, let's count how many games i have now exactly.

Nintendo
2 GBA
3 Gamecube
8 Wii U
29 Wii (27 USA, 2 Japan)
38 NDS ( 23 USA, 13 Japan, 1 Europe, 1 Australia)
42 Switch
50 3DS (39 USA, 7 Japan, 4 PAL)
Total = 172 games altogether

Sony
8 PSP
8 PS1
15 PS4
16 PS2 (11 Japan, 5 USA)
20 PS3
Total = 67 games altogether

Microsoft
2 XBOX
9 XBOX 360 (1 XBOX 360, 8 Kinect games)
Total = 11 games altogether

Grand total = 172 + 67 + 11 = 250 games altogether.
Not 250+ actually. 😅

Despite i lost hype for some games, i will not sell them as i regret to sell some of my games long time ago and when suddenly i have my mood back, the games has been sold and i cannot play them unless if i rebuy again.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Eel

I finally got my Mario Game & Watch today and I have to say I quite love it. I would absolutely buy other game collections sold in this format.

Infinite lives make these old games that much more approachable.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

HotGoomba

Ok, so the new year is about to start. I'm going to be taking a short break from this website, so I just wanted to say Happy New Year, Good Luck, and I'll see y'all next week.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAy there.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic