Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 48,021 to 48,040 of 96,534

ThanosReXXX

@SM3DASislit I don't think that @Eel even knows, but it can't hurt to ask. He might know some people that DO know, since he's part of NLife's inner circle of dastardly mods...

@HotGoomba___Rebrand Ah, I see. So it has already kinda grown on 'ya, huh?

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Anti-Matter

@ThanosReXXX
Um...
I want to ask about XBOX 360 machine region.
How to tell the differences between USA and PAL machine judging from physical looking ? The cable? Or from the System setting menu ?
XBOX machines seems didn't have any label to tell the machine region, unlike Nintendo and PlayStation machines.
I heard the USA / Japan version use 110 V while PAL version use 220 V.
Actually... I had bad experience by purchasing a wrong region XBOX 360 machine. 😫
Remember my story last time about finding XBOX 360 E Blue edition ?
The seller said it was NTSC machine.
So i assumed NTSC machine will play USA games.
But when the game Dance Masters USA version (this game was only playable on USA machine) inserted into the machine, the machine couldn't read the disc as the disc was wrong region game. It made me shocked for an "NTSC" machine that couldn't play NTSC USA game, the machine was PAL region as i found the Online Menu was in Turkish language from the last setting (Turkey was categorized as PAL region after some search).
So i asked the seller to refund the machine back as i must have an XBOX 360 NTSC USA machine in order to play USA only games: Dance Dance Revolution Universe 1 & 3 and Dance Masters.
I got the refund (not exactly 100% refund) and i used the refund money to buy other games (a lot of games) while i still keep my eyes peeled from Tokopedia to find exactly XBOX 360 NTSC USA machine.
Oh, i also got a lot of XBOX 360 and 2 XBOX games. Too bad, i have to keep my XBOX 360 games i bought until i find XBOX 360 NTSC USA machine, but for XBOX Classic games, i found another seller that have Original XBOX classic NTSC USA.
Just only matter of time i can purchase that machine to play Dance Dance Revolution Ultramix games.

I didn't buy straightly XBOX 360 E from the seller of that machine, i asked from my game shop owner to help me to purchase the machine from Tokopedia (online shopping website), i just only paid the game shop owner i asked to (use 3rd party helper).

Anti-Matter

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx My Christmas was fine, all things considered, mainly the COVID restrictions.
Got some nice presents, such as the yearly Crimbo-bonus from my dad (€500), a Hugo Boss bottled aftershave and deodorant set from my niece, and a nice luxurious bath towel and a funny tear-away calendar from my sister. I gave all of them books and to my niece, who owns a PlayStation 4, I gave The Last of Us Remastered and The Last of Us 2.

And yesterday, I gave myself an extra Christmas present, while delving into the simply MASSIVE amount of discounted and under $4/€4 selection of games in the Nintendo eShop:

• Gear Club Unlimited
  • Moto Racer 4
  • Horace
  • Bastion
  • Toki
  • Overlanders
  • Xenon Racer
  • Jotun
  • Warp Shift
  • Manticore: Galaxy on Fire
  • When Ski Lifts Go Wrong
  • Deponia
  • Deponia 2: Chaos on Deponia
  • Deponia 3: Deponia Doomsday
  • X-Morph: Defense Complete Edition
  • Forma.8
  • Fox n Forests
  • Siberia 1 & 2 bundle
  • Transistor
  • MIND: Path to Thalamus
  • The Long Reach

All of them interesting and entertaining games in their own way. And especially at their current price, if there's anything in there that might pique your interest, be sure not to miss them.

EDIT:

I posted an even more extensive list with "under 4 bucks" recommendations here.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

ThanosReXXX

@Anti-Matter You could have tagged me in the Xbox thread, where this question belongs, but now that it's here, I'll answer you anyway:

There actually is a sticker on the back, near the main power plug, that has all the info on there, including the serial number and the region. It is hidden in the number and the bar code, though, so from that, there's no direct way to tell. Looking at the other end on the back of the console does lend a hand in discovering what model it is. See the pictures below:
Untitled
Untitled
This video explains the difference:

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

MPSSislit

@HotGoomba___Rebrand
Okay, just curious. Sure, you can give me their @. I didn't realize you were an artist. Okay, good luck with that. Also, make sure to tell them that I think they did a really good job with your profile pic.
Untitled
Okay, I just wanted to make sure, as some people are very particular about that kind of stuff. I don't know if you noticed my new profile pic that I got about a week and a half (ish) ago. πŸ€”

@ThanosReXXX
I know, it doesn't hurt to ask though. That's why I'm asking because of the fact that Eel could have the "inside scoop" since he's in NLife's inner circle. πŸ€”

Edited on by MPSSislit

Please give Ninjala a chance, guys. πŸ€”
As @Sunsy said,
Ninjala Gang FOR LIFE!
Also, if I don't respond to your post within a day (or two), don't worry, I'm not ignoring you. I'm going to be busy, though I will do my best to respond in a timely fashion.

HotGoomba

@SM3DASislit Their twitter @ is Clarissa_Arts. I am actually a artist, moreso with actual paper, but improving on digital paper as well.

And yes that is a nice Profile Pic of yours, I forgot to tell you the first time around.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAy there.

MPSSislit

@HotGoomba___Rebrand
Okay, thanks for letting me know. Cool, have you posted your art on the Artist Thread we have on here?
I would like to see your art, at some point.
Thanks, it's fine.
I didn't make a big deal about it when I first changed, as no one seems to really care about Ninjala on here. πŸ™

Edited on by MPSSislit

As @Sunsy said,
Ninjala Gang FOR LIFE!
Also, if I don't respond to your post within a day (or two), don't worry, I'm not ignoring you. I'm going to be busy, though I will do my best to respond in a timely fashion.

MPSSislit

@Eel
While we are talking about @HotGoomba___Rebrand's new profile pic, I actually was wondering why NintendoLife removed their emoji menu bar (or emoji tray)?
I don't know if you know the answer, but since you're a mod, I was hoping you would have at least some ideas as to why that happened? πŸ€”
Sorry if we made you confused about which scoop we were talking about.

Edited on by MPSSislit

As @Sunsy said,
Ninjala Gang FOR LIFE!

Anti-Matter

@ThanosReXXX
Wow, was that your XBOX 360 machine ?
Looks like Jasper model.
And i saw something behind XBOX 360 machine that i have never saw before.
Looks very different with XBOX 360 Slim models (Trinity). πŸ€”
Actually, from design model and color scheme i prefer Jasper model for White color as majority model but Trinity and Corona model are the model i have to consider for better specs and less RROD risk.

I felt something have saved (or prevented) me from purchasing the XBOX 360 E blue edition. The machine i got before i refund it was actually couldn't detect the internal HDD, first major flaw. Second, the machine was not NTSC USA region as the seller said. Third, i hate to say this but the Blue color from XBOX 360 E was really good color for my taste but when you know from what bundle for Blue edition, it was from the bundle of games i really HATE most.
Maybe i will be fated to have XBOX 360 Trinity model someday.

Btw, i have expanded my games library from XBOX machines, something that i have never done before. So, in my gaming shelf there are 3 different game company games i have (Nintendo, PlayStation and XBOX). I put my DDR Ultramix 1 & 2 games on Wii games shelf as i only have 2 XBOX Classic games so far.
How about you ?
You should consider PlayStation machines too as i have expanded my games library for PS3 with games i have never played before. There are some games you cannot find on XBOX machines nor even on Nintendo machines (1st and 3rd party Exclusives) such as Sly Cooper, Ratchet & Clank, Jak & Daxter, DDR on PS1 & PS2, Chocobo Racing, Everybody's Tennis, Bomberman Hardballs, etc. πŸ˜‰
Never too late to consider PlayStation games to play.

Anti-Matter

kkslider5552000

I'm sometimes reminded that a main writer of a legit gaming website used to post here and post his weird, sometimes hilariously bad takes on here on a regular basis. Good times.

My favorite is when he got mad at me for calling Kinect Sports a Wii Sports ripoff. Which is funny on its own, but then it came out that the higher ups at Microsoft literally told Rare to make a Wii Sports but for Kinect.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Anti-Matter

@kkslider5552000
I have Kinect Adventures, Kinect Sports 1 & 2, Kinect Joy Ride. πŸ˜€
Too bad, still games only. 😣
I will find the machine later.

Anti-Matter

MarioVillager92

@Sunsy That's cool, my Christmas was pretty good too. I ended up getting Fire Emblem: Three Houses, Dragon Quest XI S, and Cadence of Hyrule. (As well as some other things including an eShop card.) Enjoy your stuff

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Tyranexx

I'm determined to not pick up more RPGs or story-heavy games until Monster Hunter Rise drops. So far I've been successful with that and sticking to my monthly gaming budget, but I'm starting to get the buying itch again. Mainly for the Professor Layton prequel trilogy as I haven't played those yet. Funnily enough, Azran Legacy, despite being the most recent release of the three, might be the hardest one to grab physicslly as it didn't have a long print run. I was holding out, hoping the Switch would receive a collection or two since Katrielle and the Millionaires' Conspiracy jumped over, but with Level-5 bailing on Western operations, said hope died. Miracle Mask, conversely, will be the easiest to grab.

@Sunsy Looks like a pretty decent haul! You do seem pleased. I haven't played Age of Calamity yet - I'm working my way through BotW right now and was afraid of spoilers - but Hyrule Warriors is a fun non-canon Zelda game with plenty of nods to the series. Its plot isn't baked into anything like AoC however.

@SM3DASislit My Christmas was more low-key this year than usual. Normally it's pretty nuts lol. Not that I'm complaining; I actually fit in some gaming! My immediate family had a small meal and gift exchange, and my mom's side still wanted to do something, so there was food + gifts Christmas night as well. And I still ate too much....

I got most of what I wanted off of my list. Besides the games, I also received a $10 eShop card, a novel (The Silence of the Lambs), the next two volumes I need from the My Hero Academia manga, and a few odd things I need for my house. The big thing was a new bed set as my current one has seen better days. XD I was least excited about receiving clothes - WAY too many shirts - but unfortunately they're about a given lol. A lot of my family likes buying them.

@HotGoomba___Rebrand I love Garfield. I read some of the comic volumes as a kid and am sure I've watched an animated holiday special or two.

Also, I didn't know you're an artist! I like to doodle on occasion, but I learned ages ago that I can't live off my art. I'm nowhere near patient enough most of the time, nor am I amazing at translating what's in my head onto paper or a screen.

@ThanosReXXX Covid affected some Christmas plans on my end too. The celebrations I did attend had few people and were fairly low-key. Looks like you received plenty of awesome gifts and gave away some cool ones of your own too! I enjoy giving gifts to others, but I may be a bit biased towards my younger cousins lol. They're more fun to buy for, and their reactions are a thing to see.

Looks like you reeled in quite the gaming haul too! Some well reviewed ones in there too, if I recall. I've been attracted to Horace as of late thanks to all the praise it has been receiving here. Haven't jumped for it yet though.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

MarioVillager92

@Tyranexx Ah I see. I do have a few tapes in storage too, just haven't got around to set back up the VCR. Oh speaking of VHS tapes, I used to have a few tapes from Nintendo that promoted N64 games. I had tapes for Diddy Kong Racing and Banjo-Kazooie, plus one more that had Jet Force Gemini and Donkey Kong 64. If you think about it, they were pretty much the first Nintendo Directs, before they were even called that, lol. I no longer have the tapes, but thankfully they're on YouTube now.

Oh and my Christmas was pretty good. Gave some good presents, plus I got a few Switch games, an eShop card, a blu-ray for My Hero Academia season 2, and some other stuff. Been playing Fire Emblem: Three Houses the past few days, too.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

kkslider5552000

I mostly remember him for having a chocobo avatar. I wanna say Bleach at one point too.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Anti-Matter

Oh, i got some XBOX 360 games yesterday. πŸ˜€
Untitled

And Dance Dance Revolution Ultramix 1 & 2 XBOX as well. 😁
Untitled

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic