Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 48,021 to 48,040 of 49,635

Heavyarms55

@Tyranexx Oh goodness yes. Healing items used to be much harder to come by! I used to regularly see gyms full of obvious throwaway Pokemon because of it. That was in the earlier days when they were still trying to balance item rarity and stuff.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Tyranexx

@Heavyarms55 Oof. I can only imagine how much of a pain that was. Hearing stories like that, I'm glad in hindsight that I wasn't able to jump on the PoGo bandwagon when it first launched. They weren't too bothered about porting it to Windows Phone lol.

I rarely place throwaways unless it's an out-of-the-way gym with an obvious low turnover rate. I think my standing record is currently 38 days...and counting. Previous one was 30 days. Shame, because I kinda want my shiny Gorebyss back now lol.

Currently playing: LoZ: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Donkey Kong Country 3 (Wii U VC)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3478-2466-4791 | Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

Heavyarms55

@Tyranexx Those gyms are interesting. I had one on a super rural gym for nearly 2 months once. But there is something satisfying about putting a Pokemon on a gym and not getting it back until it's a Gold gym badge. XD

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx Hey, I've been meaning to ask how well the Kensington play list is doing over in your neck of the woods, but what with my long hiatus/absence and all, it completely escaped my mind, but now that the weekend has come and I've once again found myself browsing the music video section of YouTube, it suddenly dawned on me, so yeah...

Meanwhile, I'd like to share another favorite song of mine that you might possibly like. It's a classic rock song by a short-lived Dutch band called Intwine, who were formed shortly after the lead singer took his premature leave from an edition of Idols, because he didn't want to conform to the applied formats in that particular talent show, and he wanted to do his own thing, and so this band was formed. To this day, this song here is their best one, and not just in my opinion, but also officially according to Dutch Top 40 charts. All of their other efforts were either only mildly successful or left the top 40 just as quietly as they entered it.

Anyway, here we go:

As you can see, I've posted two versions. The second one in HD and with lyrics, because the sound is much better and clearer as well, but I posted the original clip as well, because I didn't want to leave you guessing as to what face belongs to the voice, even though the video is in full 240p glory, and as such awful to watch.

Then again: it's a song from 2003, so HD obviously wasn't as readily available yet, so I guess we have to make do for this one.

Anyway, I hope it can meet with your approval. Otherwise, consider it not posted...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Andrew_R_2000

My thanksgiving meal was better than any of yours, cuz I had T-BONE STEAK and twice baked potatoes!

Also, notice anything new about my sig?

Be yourself, no matter who you are!
For me, that's being madly in love with fictional characters. Plz don't judge.
Yes, my first anime was High School DxD. Don't ask or judge!
Switch FC: SW-0507-9503-1127 | 3DS FC: 1736-0165-7775 | Battle.net: Luigibrine#1151

Anti-Matter

I was listening to this SNES song since morning.

It made me want to buy SNES games like i have ever played when i was kid.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

The things i LOVE :
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Eurobeat songs
3. Japan
4. Six pack dudes
5. Cute Chibi looking
6. Boxing & Kickboxing
7. Girly games
8. Life simulation games
9. White & Blue colors
10. Anthro animals

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Vinny

Didn't buy anything I didn't need this year... I did it, consumerism is no more.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

Anti-Matter

It's dangerous to go alone!
Take this.

The things i LOVE :
2. Eurobeat songs
3. Japan
4. Six pack dudes
5. Cute Chibi looking
6. Boxing & Kickboxing
7. Girly games
8. Life simulation games
9. White & Blue colors
10. Anthro animals

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Tyranexx

Well folks, you know the rules. After Thanksgiving, it's time to put up the Christmas avatar! (And the decorations....)

@Heavyarms55 Hah, definitely! The previous 30-day record was stuck in the only gym in a village that's only a blip on the map. it was awesome to hit gold with literally no effort. XD I did use a throwaway on that one. The thing with the current one is there actually was some turnover in it until...well, over a month ago. Someone on Team Instinct would occupy it every now and again. Not sure if they got sick of playing, or if some of my Team Mystic compatriots also in the gym right now were a bit too aggressive. /shrug

@ThanosReXXX It's admittedly been a bit since I've listened to Kensington. I guess you can say that group escaped my mind as well. Worry not, I'll get back to that list!

Thanks for sharing the Intwine song! It admittedly wasn't for me at first, but the song gets better as one listens IMO. I particularly like the duality exhibited in the lyrics.

Currently playing: LoZ: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Donkey Kong Country 3 (Wii U VC)

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx There's.... Christmas... RULES? Oh, my. I wonder how those'll play out under all the current restrictions....

Tyranexx wrote:

but the song gets better as one listens IMO.

Yeah, that's the Dutch for 'ya: they like their layers, in music as well. It's an acquired taste, though. I suppose.

But glad you liked the song. Familiarizing you with Kensington was actually kind of a yard stick for me, along which I could gauge your taste, also going by what you've already told me concerning your taste in music. But Dutch music, regardless of how international it can sound sometimes, is still a completely different ball game altogether, so you may never know how it lands with someone used to other kinds of music or bands.

Anyways, completely agreed on the lyrics of "Happy" by Intwine. Kind of like how all of us guys feel when a woman breaks up with us but tries to do it in a friendly manner, which is basically what the song is about.

At first, while still being flabbergasted, trying to wrap your head around what has just happened to you, you may think "yeah, I also wish you all the best" but once the realization has struck and you realize that no matter how friendly the message was delivered, in the end you were still dumped, then the more negative thoughts come bubbling to the surface, hence the final verse of the song...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

ThanosReXXX

@RequiemDaze I think you need to read the site rules again...

Anti-Matter

@Tyranexx
Tomorrow is Cyber Monday.
What are peoples doing on Cyber Monday ?

The things i LOVE :
2. Eurobeat songs
3. Japan
4. Six pack dudes
5. Cute Chibi looking
6. Boxing & Kickboxing
7. Girly games
8. Life simulation games
9. White & Blue colors
10. Anthro animals

Heavyarms55

Woot! I got both shiny Nidoran during the Pokemon Go event today! I always found it odd how Both Nidoran male and female as well as Nidorino and Nidorina have the opposite gender's color and then Nidoking continues this trend but Nidoqueen randomly is green. Still, very nice to pick up two shinys in one day!

@Tyranexx Huh. Could be life just got in the way. No Valor players in the area either? My fellow instinct players are very dominant in my immediate area right now but when the gyms flip, I do tend to see both Valor and Mystic from time to time. Going into the actual city area Valor and Mystic are more common as tends to be the case. I've actually got Pokemon on 4 gyms right now and I'm getting slightly annoyed that they've all sat there for about 3 days now. Unusual for this area.

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx So, now that you've become acquainted with Intwine, here's another song of them that I like, this time a bit more up tempo and more harsh/solid/metal, but still good, though.

Same recipe: first the lo-res video clip (albeit of a better picture quality than the first clip I posted), then the video with the lyrics...

Anti-Matter

Even during pandemic, Super Eurobeat still a relevant thing until today.
Definitely not a niche thing.
Moreover, Stay Home campaign from Para Para community.

Luckily, i have Para Para Paradise PS2 at home so i can dance Para Para anytime i want, stay safe at home when i cannot visit Malls during pandemic.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

The things i LOVE :
2. Eurobeat songs
3. Japan
4. Six pack dudes
5. Cute Chibi looking
6. Boxing & Kickboxing
7. Girly games
8. Life simulation games
9. White & Blue colors
10. Anthro animals

Tyranexx

@ThanosReXXX Well, in MY rule book, Christmas decorations at the very least shouldn't go up until after the turkey's cooled on Thanksgiving. Some people around here have had lights up already for a couple of weeks now. A coworker's wife has had their tree up since the day after Halloween. At this rate, people may as well leave it all up year-round!

Yep, "Happy" definitely has a notable shift towards the end. Probably how a lot of break-ups affect both sides of the relationship in various ways. I find the lyrics to be more genuine this way.

Thanks for linking "Cruel Man"! I think I enjoyed that one more than "Happy". Are those scenes from a movie in the music video? Or is it just footage for the video itself?

@Anti-Matter Probably crawling the internet for more online deals. I'm not sure it makes as much of a difference this year vs. the usual Black Friday sales since the online deals started early in an effort to cut down on the in-store madness. I might keep an eye out for a couple of game deals, but unless something has REALLY been marked down, I doubt I'll be tempted much at this point. I've already caved for a discounted copy of Final Fantasy XII, and I'll likely pull the trigger on A Short Hike in the eshop before the discount expires.

@Heavyarms55 Green Nidoqueen confuses me too. I bothered with the Nidoran event a little (mainly to ding to level 39), but I collected both shinies through wild randos awhile ago. Congrats on landing them both!

Mystic and Valor are typically on top here. I'd argue Valor has a bit of an edge at times as a fair few of the most frequent players are under that umbrella. Instinct shows up from time to time and sometimes makes an effort to stage a (brief) mass takeover lol. Gym turnover in the downtown area is normally pretty swift, but more out-of-the-way areas and/or areas off the beaten path can contain the same Pokemon for a few days. For example, two out of three gyms at one of the parks rotate frequently, but one isn't as accessible to thru-traffic and doesn't flip more than 2-3 times a week on average.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Eel

Managed to get two shiny male nidorans, and one of them with really good stats too, so that was nice. Couldn't find any females though, unfortunately.

The male shiny is nicer though so that's cool

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx I think you mixed up comments to me and Anti there. You might want to edit and/or cut and paste that where it's supposed to go...

But to answer your question: yes, that is from a movie. It's about a famous Dutch gangster/drug lord from the 70s and 80s, so the title of the song is aptly chosen and/or applied.

As we speak, I'm kind of rediscovering Intwine myself, seeing as I previously never bothered to look beyond their top 40 efforts. Here's a link to their official channel, so you can find out some more for yourself as well, possibly adding some more favorites to your playlist. I just now found out that they even made a promotional song for the first Assassin's Creed game as well, and also a cover of a Metallica song, which might interest you too.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Heavyarms55

@Tyranexx Well between the last comment I made and this one, someone went through and took all 4 gyms I was talking about. Lol so that happened.

Maybe it's someone on this site. XD

Blooper987

I have an.. interesting question. How do you guys think an invisible character would work in a fighting game? I’m trying to think how this could be implemented while still being fun and not OP or trash😂.

Join the Doggo Nation and Subscribe to our eternal virtual overlord Korone on YouTube immediately!

Also sub to Amelia Watson while your at it. You’ll be thanking me afterwards.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic