Forums

Topic: Ideas for the site

Posts 1,361 to 1,380 of 2,597

Dogorilla

I think one or two other people have requested the ability to filter articles based on their tags or whatever. That way Anti-Matter can hide articles with mature games, people who want to avoid leaks prior to a Direct can hide Rumour articles, those people who feel the need to comment on every Fortnite article saying how much they hate Fortnite can hide those articles (though there aren't very many of those any more).
I realise there are a finite number of uses for this feature, but I'm sure some people would get some use out of it.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

dionysos283

I can't see or write stuff in the forum on the mobile version of the site. Is there a reason why? Do others have the same issue?

dionysos283

porto

@dionysos283 I do mobile most of the time and I’ve had no problems.

porto

Switch Friend Code: SW-2940-3286-4610 | My Nintendo: Pikmin4 | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

Will Gamescom Opening Night Live be streamed on Nintendo Life or just Push Square and Pure Xbox?

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

TheFrenchiestFry

Ok honestly this has been a long time coming but NL lowkey need to stop pumping out so many articles about games that aren't coming to Switch. They did it with Castlevania Requiem, they did it twice today with Fall Guys and that new Jet Force Gemini successor game, and I swear like a third of their Persona news portal is just comprised of articles talking about either rumors or the debunking of rumors about Persona 5 getting a Switch port

If it doesn't concern a Nintendo console of any kind, it shouldn't be on Nintendo Life. I'm especially tired of all the Persona rumor articles, or articles that start with "Even though a mainline Persona game has yet to be ported to Switch", but maybe it's because I own PlayStation and Nintendo platforms

Edited on by TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Zuljaras

@TheFrenchiestFry To be honest I do not like it too, but it is still content and people click on it and comment on it. This turns into revenue for the site.

As for Castlevania they probably connect it to the exclusive days when it was on the GBA and the DS.

Most of those articles are "Why is this NOT on the Switch!" type of thing rather than a real news.

Grumblevolcano

@TheFrenchiestFry To be honest it's better than the Nintendo Youtuber approach of constantly going about 3D Mario collection rumours.

I do hope Nintendo Life does a 1 year of no general Directs article if there's no Direct by Friday.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Tasuki

Yeah in this day and age it's all about the clicks. Sadly it's not about your content that determines how successful your site is but how many clicks and visits it gets. Rumor story always generate the most traffic cause overall people want know.

For example if an article says in it's heading Fall Guys is coming to Switch, not to many people will click on the article because it says right there in the heading. But if the heading says Rumor Fall Guys could come to Switch people are going to click on it to see why and how it could be coming to Switch . It's those kinda of articles that keep sites like this one alive.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Octane

@TheFrenchiestFry News updates about games not coming to Switch are more popular than articles about new games coming to Switch I guess

Octane

TheFrenchiestFry

@Grumblevolcano See the article about the Direct gap makes sense though because at least it's connected to Nintendo and stuff they do

But lately they've just been doing articles that do nothing more but amount to "Hey Switch owners, here are all these cool games you're missing out on lol"

They're getting super desperate these days that they'll do articles about games that their console can't even play lol

TheFrenchiestFry

jump

It could been worst and they could start posting 4chan rumours and those horrible lists of 5 best and 5 worse articles.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

TheFrenchiestFry

@jump If anything I'm surprised they HAVEN'T done that yet since they've been known to have put their faith in unsubstantiated Twitter posts and Best Buy listings

TheFrenchiestFry

porto

jump wrote:

It could been worst and they could start posting 4chan rumours and those horrible lists of 5 best and 5 worse articles.

yep. Always look at the positive.

porto

Switch Friend Code: SW-2940-3286-4610 | My Nintendo: Pikmin4 | Twitter:

THENAMESNORM

I know there have been some in the past, but a new feature on Micro SD cards for switch would be awesome. I already have 2 but once I've downloaded Pikmin 3 and 3D all stars, there will be barely any room left. Having a 200gb and 256gb card isn't enough for my needs, but im wary of purchasing a cheap knock off one that might not have the right specs but has greater capacity. For example amazon in the UK have this one listed for £30.98 - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Memory-1024GB-MicroSDHC-Security-Sma...

While the price is dreamy - especially for a 1TB card - it sound TOO good to be true, and when that happens it usually is!

Anyway, with so many must have Mario games coming soon i thought it might be a good topic to revisit.

THENAMESNORM

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3470-2974 | Nintendo Network ID: THENAMESNORM

BabyYoda71

@Apportal Been a while since you posted about quotes- but based on the fact that if I quote, for example, Reynoblade’s comment above, then THENAMESNORM would be notified, O think I have an understanding of what quotes are meant for.

I think they’re meant for if someone wants to add to a topic. So if somebody wants to add something to what I’m saying now, they would quote this and you would be notified but I wouldn’t. Not sure if that is what this is meant for (@antdickens) but I think maybe.

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

Grumblevolcano

Since PAX EGX joint event started, there has been a massive increase in video ads. Each ad slot showing a different Youtube video attached to the event, gets really annoying when like 10 video ads run at the same time.

Grumblevolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic