Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 45,581 to 45,600 of 96,524

Zuljaras

@ThanosReXXX I think the almost same way. But I think that Microsoft is the most criticized one.

I mean after the Xbox One I get it but people are losing fate in the Series X waaay too soon. I hope they will only improve upon the Xbox One.

Then is Nintendo and I do not get it. Amazing games and good support.

And SONY is really praised for everything. Well that is partially due to having the best exclusives this generation. The PS3 era was the worst of all for them and people still say it was good.

ThanosReXXX

@Zuljaras Being satisfied with whatever platform(s) you're using is perfectly fine by me, but if people start to exhibit blind fanboyism, then that's when I check out...

As a multi-platform owner, I always laugh at these console war discussions anyway.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

porto

ThanosReXXX wrote:

@Zuljaras still, all companies should be measured along the same yard stick, and it's somehow always Nintendo who's criticized more harshly than the others.

I'd have to agree. Although, sometimes the criticism is well-deserved, like with the Online service and the expensive prices for ports. However, for the most part people are way to harsh on them. But that's just my silly opinion

Edited on by porto

porto

Switch Friend Code: SW-2940-3286-4610 | My Nintendo: Pikmin4 | Twitter:

Zuljaras

@ThanosReXXX Console wars should not exist.

I personally think that people feel the need to justify their purchase by insulting other platforms.
By doing so they feel better for "thinking" they have the best product of them all.

Laughs in multiple platforms!

ThanosReXXX

@Apportal Oh, definitely, I'm certainly not happy about their current online offering, what with the drip feed of the continuously rehashed 8 and 16 bit titles, so I'll be the last one to blindly cheer them on, which was also exactly my point.

@Zuljaras Indeed...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

NEStalgia

@Heavyarms55 Well, it depends how long they've been there. They're not recent transplants, but anyone there over a year had to get the plates changed to AZ, so you have to catch 'em when they're new to see. Just because you see only AZ plates doesn't mean they're not transplants from here, it just means they've been there 11+ months.

The CA ones also explain it though And, as it does, if you find some really old timer Californians, the last of the WWII guys, they'll tell you CA wasn't always a nuthouse.....that happened when the New Yorkers showed up in droves....

It's actually heartening about it being largely multigeneational though. That's how it used to be everywhere. that used to be the norm. It wasn't until the 50's and the "Levitt Towns" started going up for the returning troops that things really started changing in that regard and the idea of "every individual lives alone" versus "family homes" really came about. So in that regard it's a return to a much more traditional way of life than most people alive remember.....not such a bad thing, IMO.

As for snow, yeah midwesterners do that, somehow. Midwesterners are crazy. This is a snowy place, too, but nobody can handle driving in it. Everybody thinks they can, and nobody can. I'm not throwing stones. I refuse to go anywhere, at all, if there's even the tiniest chance of snow on a road....not sure how midwesterners do it, but I can't handle any amount of snow, even slightly, at all. Winter is a horrendous nightmare for me. I live between April and October. The rest of the year I just frantically wait for it to end, terrified of each new day and a chance of snow.

OTOH....you live in a desert....so...yeah...nature, isn't great, and a rock garden yard doesn't sound great.

But as for game costs, yeah.....one one hand I think "wow I'm spending so much money on nothing, should I be saving that?" And then I look at the cost of everything else, and as you said, realized that if I spent none of that and bowed out of gaming entirely, I'd just have nothing else and also not have games. If saving it doesn't save enough to actually improve anything....then might as well spend it. The paradox of our modern economy. "People buy so much "stuff" they don't need! People have too much spending money!" No, we don't have tons of spending money, we just spend the money we have on "stuff" to fill the void of the fact that we can't buy "real life things" even if we saved every penny of it, because "stuff" is cheap, and "real life things" are so far outside affordability to make them not worth even considering.

So from the outside we appear to be so wealthy with endless stuff. On the inside the cheap stuff is the replacement for "everything else".

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@Zuljaras Nobody said PS3 was good until PS4 came out. All the PS4 owners praising PS3 were 360 owners who thought xbox rocked. They're just carpet bagging sheep who follow the trend wherever it is and declare themselves a true believer of it. PS3 was a wasteland for most of the generation that ran everything not-Sony like a barely upgraded PS2, with some cool stuff that came out at the very end. PS3 launch window had Folklore and Heavenly Sword and looked cool...and then it when nowhere fast when the sales tanked.

Kind of sympathize with the console war "justify your platform" thing though. It seems silly, but it's basic human nature - if there's competing groups, one has to believe theirs is the best, otherwise why would they be in it? Just the way the human mind works, and it's not without some merit.

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Oh, man.
Not another text wall...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Zuljaras

@NEStalgia "All the PS4 owners praising PS3 were 360 owners who thought xbox rocked." I really did not understand that, sorry.

As for basic human nature you mean being sorry that you do not own all available options is just silly.

And I meant the type of people that make accounts in Nintendo Life (an example) just to say how stupid the Switch is. And they do that only because they do not own it (and probably secretly want it)

porto

5 minutes of my life reading that I'll never get back.

Nah I'm joking. I feel like I came into a movie halfway though, so I barely understood it.

porto

NEStalgia

@Zuljaras I meant that during the PS3's day, nobody was really singing its praises like they do today. Most of the people praising PS3 today are people that were X360 fans praising X360 back in the day, that jumped ship to PS4, and then started singing the praises of PS, including PS3. They're a fickle bunch. And obnoxious.

I'm fairly OCD.....Not owning all available options......bothers me.......like sand in your shoe, or something in your eye.....

And as for the people that make accounts on NL just to complain about Switch, yeah, I agree. It's not like I log into PushSquare to complain about PS4.....even as someone who's owned like 5 of them....

NEStalgia

Heavyarms55

@NEStalgia Well, we do it because we have to. It snows, but life doesn't stop so we just learn to do it because we have little choice. I hate winter, I don't miss it at all - although I've always had the paradoxical opinion that if it is going to be cold, I prefer it to snow, because snowless winter just sucks. Without snow everything is still "dead" and ugly. However when it snows, at least it's pretty. As much as I hate freezing my balls off and taking 3 hours to warm back up (that's my biggest issue, once I get cold, it's just so hard for me to feel warm again) one of the most beautiful sights I've seen in my life was while I was in university. I got off my night shift job at 3am and was walking back to my dorm, it was snowing, windlessly, no one else had been outside yet, and the evening glow of the street lights was something I'll never forget. It's freezing and cold and miserable, but at least beautiful. Take the snow away and all you have is cold and miserable.

And yeah. We're pretty much on the same page for our gaming hobbies. Although I wouldn't go so far as to not consider it a real world thing. I am in the group who would still be gaming as his main hobby, even if I did have the money to go travelling or to own a fancy sports car or many of the other more typical/American status symbol-like hobbies.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

HobbitGamer

Anti-Matter wrote:

Speaking of Tamales, if you reverse the word it will become Selamat.
Selamat is one of Indonesian word which means Safe (Selamat), Rescue (Menyelamatkan), Greeting (Selamat pagi / siang / sore / malam / etc), Congratulation, Celebration (Selamat Hari Natal / Merry Christmas).

And if you scramble the letters, you can make the following:
LAMEST

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

porto

LAAMEST

porto

Anti-Matter

At least Tamales word anagram is not something like on Frozen Fever.
Untitled

Anti-Matter

NintendoByNature

I want Mexican tn. Too bad there aren't many who deliver around here and the ones that do, aren't that good

NintendoByNature

Sunsy

@MarioLover92 Apologies for the late response. I wish I knew that sooner, I actually lost Mario Party 4 when moving a couple of years back. In Super Mario Party, I have been marking mini-games I like as favorites, just so I have them in one place.

Neat, I've always been a Nintendo/PC guy so anything not on a Nintendo system, I just played on PC. I did play and enjoyed the 3DS version of Sonic Generations, just never had the chance to play the console/PC version until I got a new PC.

@Wavey84 Not really tired of modern movies, just never been a big movie goer. This year I only looked forward to the Sonic movie and Trolls World Tour. Seen both movies and personally loved them, both I consider to be some of my favorites.

Movies for me, it has to interest me to want to watch it (or the case with Trolls, I like the first movie). That could be said about any form of entertainment for me really, like video games or shows.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic