Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 45,501 to 45,520 of 96,530

Anti-Matter

Apportal wrote:

I like collecting Nintendo stuffed animals and putting them on my shelf. Call me girly, but I think it looks nice. Does anyone else like to collect something and display?

Me. 😀
I played girly games such as Cooking Mama, Style Savvy, Imagine series by Ubisoft, Petz series, ACNL, JS Girls, AKB48 + Me, etc.

Anti-Matter

MarioVillager92

@Apportal I have a ton of Mario figurines displayed in my shelf (including my Club Nintendo platinum reward figurine I got a decade ago!). Of course, I have plenty of amiibo being displayed too. That's just a taste of what I have displayed - I'm kind of a big Nintendo fan. lol

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

NEStalgia

@Octane population density here is impossible to compare to other places imo. If always reads on paper like it's this vast undeveloped place. But the reality is most of the population is compressed into relatively small area. The weather is so volatile in most of the us that many areas wouldn't really sustain high density, and so undesirable that few would want to live in some of them. You can't even go by state, because even, say NY or CA most people are piled into one portion of it. Some land is dessert or frozen tundra or mountain chain that wouldn't support high density, and there's plenty of protected natural land, wetland, industrial use land, contaminated land, military use land, "Indian" reservations , that's all off limits. So dividing population by square km doesn't really offer a fair comparison. In the actual inhabited areas, in three three coasts, primarily, density is doubtfully much lower, if not higher.

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@Tasuki Yeah, Kmart was the best store. Not necessarily because it was the cheapest or had all the products, but it was THERE, and even if they didn't have the exact item you wanted, they at least always had something like it, and always had a lot of it. And the store that's there and has most of what you want is always better than the store that isn't there.

I still haven't been to Walmart, an hour round trip away, after the Kmart that was 10 min away closed. I went there years ago and it feels.... Like if nsmb was a store it would be Walmart. There's this sense that the place is just "wrong"somehow... Kmart was dated but it felt alive. Walmart is big, but feels sterile, dead, and kind of sinister.

NEStalgia

Eel

I do miss Kmart. It was one of those christmas things for me.

We would always take a break from traveling and enjoy the first shopping spree of our christmas vacations in the USA at the local Kmart, before actually going to see our family.

Of course, that Kmart is no more, I pretty much saw it die in real time.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

porto

@Blooper987 I wanted to collect the little Brickheadz line they made a while ago, but it didn't look or feel as good as the plushies.

porto

Switch Friend Code: SW-2940-3286-4610 | My Nintendo: Pikmin4 | Twitter:

Tyranexx

I kinda miss the Kmart that used to be around here. It was a good place to find some odds and ends that wasn't Walmart. The electronics section (before they hamstrung it) didn't have a ton of variety, but one could also occasionally find an unopened game still on the shelves there that was no longer offered anywhere else. Probably my best ever find there was a brand new copy of Professor Layton and the Unwound Future for $15, followed by Golden Sun: Dark Dawn for roughly the same amount.

The store closed a few years ago when the chain went under. The location was in a good spot, so it wasn't long before a Hobby Lobby (encouraged by some petitioning) moved in.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

porto

@Octane I love having a garden. To see something gradually get bigger and bigger, and eventually give you food is awesome. It also gives me something to do.

Your point on bigger houses is true. I live in a tiny house and have very little in it. I've been to people's houses (before COVID-19 of course) and was baffled by the amount of room for just a couple people.

Personally I prefer having a simple life then getting caught up in buying stuff I don't need. But that's just me.

porto

Anti-Matter

@Eel
I have ever saw KMart even just only a few portion.
Well, i found KMart being used the place for runway challenge from episode of America's Next Top Model cycle 4. 😁

Anti-Matter

MarioVillager92

My Kmart closed too. It wasn't too far away from my house either, so that's a letdown for sure. The very last time I've been there was one of its last days. A massive chunk of it was empty, including the shelves. Kinda depressing to witness, but what can you do? I miss that store

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

ogo79

Eel wrote:

Wanna know if a user is old?

Ask If they know who’s Chicken Brutus, James Newton, or The Black Dragon.

james wanted my pizza taco, and black dragon (who would steal my snacks) myself and others had several web cams, good times.
lol i remember she would log on while she was at work in her tattoo parlor sitting there chilling.
or not sharing milk shakes and chicken strips and stuff...
you make me feel old.
im 40.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Eel

My job is done

I remember TBD had thread where she would share videos of her answering questions from the forum users, good times.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Heavyarms55

@Octane Yards in particular are both a money and time pit. Unless you want to pay for landscaping then you save time and spend a lot more money. Just not worth it in my opinion.

@Apportal Sounds like how I felt, sitting in my uncle's living room. As big as the entire apartment I lived in in Japan, and all that was in it was a huge couch, big enough for 2 adults to lay down without touching, a big TV and one small table with some flowers on it. It baffles me. Such a waste of space. And here in Arizona I bet it adds considerably to the cost of keeping it cool when it's 115F/45C outside!

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

ogo79

Eel wrote:

My job is done

I remember TBD had thread where she would share videos of her answering questions from the forum users, good times.

one time tbd answered a question, and she said something along the lines of "when im done with this video im banning you"
there was an ask james, if you remember that one as well.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Tasuki

@NEStalgia Yeah I totally agree with you on Walmart. I have going to my local one and really only do if I absolutely have to cause either everywhere else is closed or I don't have time to go anywhere else (the Walmart is literally 5 mins from my house). Walmart to me is like the bottom of the barrel of society goes there and works there at least at mine. The customers are rude, always shoveling there way past you and other things and their employees are either just as rude or they act like they don't want to be there and helping you is a pain in the butt. One time I wanted to get a game for the PS4 out of their display case. I waited 10 minutes for someone to find a key I asked several employees and none of them knew who had the key. They even called over the intercom for someone to come open up the display case. No one. I ended up saying F it and walked out and ordered the game from Amazon. It's always crowed and noisy I can't just run in and get what I want cause there are so many people and their check out lines are ridiculous. They have like 20 registers but only 4 are ever open plus I don't like how they have them one if front of another.

I never felt that way with K-mart though. I remember I never had to wait long to get an employee to open up the game display case. They were friendly and always helpful and as you said the store just had its own little charm to it. It's just a shame what happened to them.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Eel

@ogo79 Yeah, I think he actually did it first, didn't he? I think I remember that.

Edit: hey look what I found:

Unfortunately, it seems James deleted his. But this one is like a little time capsule we can revisit.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Octane

@Heavyarms55 I don't see how. I enjoy gardening. And who pays for landscaping? That's not really a thing over here.

Octane

porto

@Eel isn’t ChickenBrutus James_J_Reed now?

porto

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic