Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 45,101 to 45,120 of 96,488

ThanosReXXX

@BruceCM Aha, I see. Thanks for answering my question, "Blackbird789"...

@BabyYoshi12 What the heck is that blue abomination supposed to be? A bowling ball controller?
Are any of these controllers actually real? The gun looks real enough, but for now, I'm assuming they're all concept art or Photo Shopped images.

@WoomyNNYes Well, I definitely hate running as well. I tried doing the whole "round the park" stuff for a while, but it never really gelled with me, so I started doing passive training in the gym instead, so just exercises on the spot and weights and stuff. And some martial arts sparring and training.

Have to get back to that again at some point soon. I don't mind the ab exercises at all, so I'll save the videos for later, but as mentioned, we're in a heat wave right now, so for the moment, I'll be doing nothing, until I can shake my body out of this overheated, lethargic sloth mode.

@NEStalgia Well, always better than train-hugging hermit couch potatoes with closet-sized kitchens...

All kidding aside, how've you been, by the way? Is it hot in the States as well? Currently, I'm "enjoying" a now almost 6 day run of daily temperature averages of around 90°F, and apparently, that's going to last until Thursday, when that stretch of hot days will finally be interrupted by thunder, lightning and rain. Supposedly going to cool down to slightly more palatable temperatures, but I'll believe that when I see it...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX We've been doing hot and humid punctuated by prolific flooding and "every day has probably rain/thunder". It's funny comparing AccuWeather to the government weather service. Accuweather lists every day as "a thunder storm around" and then as the time gets closer to it they just wall the hourly with non-stop downpours. It doesn't count if you didn't call it until you saw it. Then you look at the government and they just forecast the same thing every day "showers likely between this time, then showers probable between that time, then chance of showers." every day. It also doesn't count if you just always forecast rain in varying percentage likelihood for every hour of every day, so that whenever it happens you can just say "we said it might happen." That's not forecasting, it's stating the obvious. I have no more information after reading the forecast than "tomorrow might or might not rain at any time of the day" . Based on that standard I can predict the weather for July 14, 2038 at 4:00PM just as well as them: "Mixed sun and clouds, rain and a thunderstorm possible. Hot, humid, breezy .01" rain, except more in thunderstorms." There....can I get a six-figure government job with full pension now?

I'm the only person without air conditioning though, so nobody else notices the heat, they're sitting at 70F all day every day, all year long.

NEStalgia

BruceCM

The blue ball one is the Dragon Quest XI Special Edition controller, so that is real, @ThanosReXXX.... I can probably find a link to prove that if you want but I imagine you don't really want one

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

ThanosReXXX

@BruceCM Indeed I don't. I was just wondering. What gave away me not wanting it? The usage of the word "abomination"?

@NEStalgia I'm actually almost at the point where I'm about to exhaustedly exclaim that I'd kill for some cooling rain showers...

Haven't got any air-conditioning either: just a standing fan with three different settings, which is now blowing warm air into my back on the highest setting, while I'm at my computer desk typing this comment...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

NEStalgia

Ah, so the blue ball of 3 in fact the Slime controller!

NEStalgia

NintendoByNature

I still need to play DQ11s. Waiting for a good discount though.

NintendoByNature

ThanosReXXX

@NintendoByNature You could always start with the demo, which contains the first 10 hours of the game. If you play that, you can take your save game with you to the full game. So, basically the entire first chapter for free, it's kind of a no-brainer. Assuming you haven't already played it, obviously...

BabyYoda71

@ThanosReXXX The Dragon Quest slime one is real. The gun is a Cabella’s Special. The third one was a concept idea, so it’s not real. I’m not sure about the other two.

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

NintendoByNature

@ThanosReXXX thanks, I did know that but im one of those oddballs who doesn't like demos im when im sure ill be into it. I did actually play it for an hour or two last year but I hate knowing I don't have the full game and there's eventually a cut off. I'm wierd like that.

NintendoByNature

ThanosReXXX

@NintendoByNature Well, there's actually no cut-off, unless you interpret that there's nothing to do anymore at a certain point in the demo, because you've checked off all the items on the list as a cut-off, but in my experience, it has a nice, clean ending in preparation of the rest of the game, and you'll be playing those EXACT first 10 hours when you get the full game anyway, so why not start for free?

On a related side note: even after the 10 hours of actual things to do is finished, you can still use the demo as a character grinding place, in order to beef up for further adventures, so in that respect, it's actually an endless demo, to some extent.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

ThanosReXXX

@BabyYoshi12 I'm pretty sure that both the white controller and the one with the screen are totally fake, but the gun definitely already looked real to me. All of them together kinda made me doubt the rest, though.

ThanosReXXX

@NintendoByNature Mind you, just a suggestion, obviously. You should definitely do whatever suits you best.
I played the demo myself, and even though I haven't bought the full game yet, I'm glad that I have this save game now, that'll allow me to pick up where I left off, instead of having to go through the entire first chapter all over again, regardless of how much I enjoyed playing it.

NintendoByNature

@ThanosReXXX yea thats a good point. Maybe ill DL it soon. Ive finally gotten around to wonderful 101 last night. Took a while, but i got there lol

NintendoByNature

ThanosReXXX

@NintendoByNature Well, that one is definitely an acquired taste. I personally liked it, but I can understand that it's not for everyone. Once you really get into it, though, that Platinum brilliance definitely shines through. Well, at least: far as I'm concerned anyway.

NintendoByNature

@ThanosReXXX totally get it. First 30-40 min were really odd. Hard to get used to. But once I did it clicked. And I can tell I'm in for a ride.

NintendoByNature

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic