Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

ThanosReXXX

@BruceCM Some of the natural/biological ice cream goes out of style rapidly, though, so that's also something that they have to overcome, when fighting the bigger, less healthy brands. I remember a time not all that long ago when frozen yogurt products were all the rage, but nowadays, I can't even find a single product in any super market that I know. Not that I would want to, but just as an example of how these things seem to come and go.

Apparently, people prefer their toxic foods over stuff that's more expensive, I guess...

@Blackbird789 @DenDen What, WHAT??? Was it something I said?

On a side note: I wouldn't even be able/allowed to post here what she said...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Heavyarms55

@WoomyNNYes I am not far from Tempe, or so I am told at least. Gonna be a while while I learn my way around. Very few landmarks and the roads are named by a madman.

We have, in one area, Ellsworth road, Ellsworth drive AND Ellsworth loop. Because Murica, I guess. Lol

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Blooper987

Weird piece of history: the first announcement in the very first Nintendo direct was Hulu Plus on Wii and 3DS. Weird I know

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

ThanosReXXX

@Heavyarms55 So, I see you're settling in quite nicely. If you've already found the time to get annoyed about things that are actually perfectly normal, then I think I can rest assured that you'll be alright over there.

But seriously, depending on how small a town it is, it certainly doesn't sound strange to me, much less like a madman's scheme: in my direct neighborhood, I have several similar examples of streets, squares, canals, alleyways and so on, all sharing the same name, so it sounds pretty normal to me.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

BabyYoda71

@Blooper987 Huh. You’d think it’d be something big. The first Nontendo Direct (P.S. The video and channel has been pulled from YouTube.) announcement was Super Mario Galaxy Collection.

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

WoomyNNYes

@Heavyarms55 Oh yeah.... no more 10 Mile, or 5 Mile Road type names

@ThanosReXXX Superman ice cream colors look wild, but it doesnt taste wild. It tastes like vanilla and two mild, but good fruit flavors. Not tangly like an orange cream sicle. More like rivaling vanilla flavors? And since "superman" is trademarked, most ice cream companies can't use the name, so they get creative, like "Scooperman"

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

ThanosReXXX

@WoomyNNYes Oh, don't get me wrong: I was never debating it actually tasting good, lots of artificial stuff actually does, but that doesn't take anything away from it not really being conducive or beneficial to one's health, which was actually my point. And whenever or wherever I can get natural products, I will. Nowadays, there's very little reason for there not to be a more healthy alternative. And freshly made ice cream with natural ingredients often tastes just as good, if not better, so I'll gladly pay a bit more for it.

On a side note: that trademark/naming problem seems to have been solved for at least two companies, then. Seeing as I've posted two examples and both call it Superman ice cream, so apparently, they're allowed to do so.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

WoomyNNYes

@ThanosReXXX Weird, I wonder how they were permitted to use the "superman" name. Interesting. It wasn't always like that.

Edit: Yeah, I hear ya on eating healthy. I've cut a lot of sugar and garbage out of my diet. Only have them on occasion.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

ogo79

dang, i want to eat all of them
UntitledUntitledUntitled

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

BabyYoda71

Well, ice cream isn’t necessarily healthy, artificial or otherwise.

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

Blackbird789

@ogo79 That sure is A LOT of ice cream. My personal favorite is the dinosaur-shaped one.

I should get a PSP. Or a GameCube. Or a GBA. Or a PS2. Or a...

Blackbird789

@ogo79 I've never actually had it, it just looks cool.

I should get a PSP. Or a GameCube. Or a GBA. Or a PS2. Or a...

Tyranexx

I seem to have barged in on a frozen treat discussion. I'm not a shaved or flavored ice fan; most of the stuff is literally just sugar, flavorings, and artificial colors, plus I just don't find eating ice that appealing, even on warm days. Slushies are tolerable as the ice is REALLY fine in a lot of those, but I also avoid them on principle these days.

Ice cream and some treats that incorporate it, on the other hand....

@NintendoByNature (Pardon the very late reply, crazy weekend! X_X)

Yep, there's "When it rains, it pours", as well as one around here where deaths supposedly happen in threes. This doesn't always prove true, so fingers crossed that isn't the case this time. Life is like a never-ending roller coaster. The ups are great, but the downs...eh.

...So in the case of your dad, is the kitchen blocked off after midnight? And bathing/showering must be interesting....

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

DenDen

@ogo79 I want those 🤤🤤

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

WoomyNNYes

Blackbird789 wrote:

@ogo79 That sure is A LOT of ice cream. My personal favorite is the dinosaur-shaped one.

Dinosaur-shaped is my favorite flavor!😉 While Eel-shaped tastes moderate-ly good. 🤔 (couldn't help the pun, @Eel)

'Tendo liker

Heavyarms55

@ThanosReXXX That's normal? Ugh...

What's helping me is America's much more loose rules about a certain plant and or traditional sleep mess. I actually slept a full night last night! Thanks to Mary Jane! 3 nights ago I also slept a whole night thanks to Zquil. Otherwise my insomnia remains.

@WoomyNNYes I would honestly prefer that... :/

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Anti-Matter

Speaking of ice cream, i have ever watched ice cream theme nude photoshoot from America's Next Top Model cycle 8 on Youtube. The first call out photo was very Italian Vogue looking.

Anti-Matter

BruceCM

Was there someone called Ellsworth around there before/ around the time they named the roads, @Heavyarms55 .... ? Glad to hear it's going well, though!

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic