Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 45,041 to 45,060 of 96,530

Glitchling78

@BabyYoshi12 We always pronounced them NEZ and SNEZ when I was a kid. In hindsight N-E-S and S-N-E-S makes more sense but I still think of them as the NEZ and SNEZ.

Edited on by Glitchling78

Glitchling78

Blackbird789

@BabyYoshi12 I usually say NESS or SNESS. But sometimes I say N-E-S, Super-N-E-S, or S-N-E-S.

I should get a PSP. Or a GameCube. Or a GBA. Or a PS2. Or a...

ogo79

you know you pronounce sega genesis?
supreme brilliance.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

MarioVillager92

@BabyYoshi12 I've always said "N-E-S" and "S-N-E-S" myself. Didn't know some people say "Ness" and "Sness" until later on when I heard someone on YouTube call the NES "Ness."

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Anti-Matter

@KarateLuigi
Hi. ☺
I didn't see you very long time since December 2019.
Will you come back again ?

Anti-Matter

ThanosReXXX

Sheesh, gone for a week, 4 pages behind...

On an Animal Crossing-related side note: I saw Anti's cross-dressing adventures, and I can honestly say that it's not for me. If it floats your boat, then that's fine by me, but I'm actually pretty puzzled at always (well, not literally always, but pretty often regardless) being handed women's clothing by other villagers, even when I give them some pretty good gifts myself, sometimes even rare ones, in hopes of getting something useful in return.

Sometimes, it almost feels like the game is promoting stuff like that, and well... it definitely doesn't float my boat, so I could absolutely do without it. I know it shouldn't bother me all that much, and that it's just a game, but still: it's a bit odd to me, to say the least.

Oh, well. Enough moping around. Time to play catch-up with all the rest of you.

Tyranexx wrote:

@ThanosReXXX The way I see it, if I'm not crazy enough to be locked up, then I'm perfectly sane. It's everyone else that's some degree of crazy.

I realize now that I invoked the "T" word in my last comment....Surprised someone didn't show up in a puff of soot.

Haha, that's the spirit. Always blame it on the lack of sanity of other people...

As for invoking the T word: seeing as NES isn't blue or living inside of a magic lamp, I hardly figure that besides actually tagging him, he'd be popping up in a cloud of smoke...

ogo79 wrote:

me weird?
no way.
i bet not any single person on here would vouch for that...
just watch...
no one would ever say im weird...

Nah, they'd probably call you "special" instead...

Ah, who cares, right? We still like you regardless, and the Chit-Chat thread wouldn't be the same without your (belated) replies. Besides: I myself am all kinds of crazy, so who am I to judge?

That thing with the "you can shave the baby", though...

@BabyYoshi12 So, here's my two cents on the pronunciation of Nintendo's systems' names:

If we go by the official labeling, that was also always used in the commercials, then it would be the names fully pronounced, so "Nintendo Entertainment System" and "Super Nintendo Entertainment System", but as these things go, the general public obviously chose to drop the whole "Entertainment System" part, so pretty soon they became "Nintendo" and "Super Nintendo" to some people, and simply "NES" and "SNES" to others, usually pronounced as written, but there's obviously also people that pronounce the systems' names as separate letters. (as an exception, I've also heard a handful of people pronounce the SNES as "SuperNES" back in the day)

But the same goes for the N64: some call it the "Nintendo Sixty-Four", some call it as it is written, so "EN 64", and some nerd balls out there might call it by it's former code name, which is the Ultra 64. Well, actually, it's Project Ultra 64, but nobody calls it that....

Basically, far as I and many are concerned, there's no wrong way to say it. A lot of names of products and even services become abbreviated or are altered into more easily palatable words or phrases, once they enter the public domain, and we all know what we're talking about, when they're mentioned, so I see no wrong in it in any shape or form, if that was the reason of you asking it.

You simply just use the version that you're used to, which is mostly the one that both you and your friends and family uses, because then you all know what device you're talking about.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

WoomyNNYes

@Heavyarms55
Looks like a Tempe AZ restaurant has superman ice cream. 🤪 Pardon my enthusiasm for it. I totally stumbled upon this article. (anyone else reading, it's a regional ice cream flavor in Michigan. 3 flavors: vanilla, blue moon, black cherry. Colors are super man colors red, blue, yellow.)
Detroit Coney Grill to replace Steak 'n Shake along Tempe's Mill Avenue
https://www.abc15.com/entertainment/events/detroit-coney-gril...

Untitled

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

ThanosReXXX

@WoomyNNYes Ah... the return of the dreaded "Untitled" picture placeholder...
Pro tip: always take into account that even though you yourself can see the picture just fine, the image uploader might not always play nice with either a web site's protocol/HTML script or with viewers in other regions...

Which, by the way, is also why I always use PostImage, because so far, I've found that it's truly the only site that isn't affected by regions and/or web site protocols. And I've tried quite a few, I might add.

Anyway, here's a picture of the ice cream you mentioned, so people can at least see what you're talking about:
Untitled
And apparently, Superman ice cream is popular in a lot of places, although they don't all stick to the same flavor recipe:
Untitled
Both seem highly toxic to me, though. Far too artificially colored and/or flavored. I like my ice cream to be fresh, with non-lethal ingredients...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

BruceCM

Certainly looks a bit too colourful to be purely natural but I'd try it to see what it tasted like .... Especially in the current hot weather!

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Eel

Reminds me of the "Rainbow" flavor. That's usually a mix of super sweet and sour fruity flavors. So it's certainly not for everyone.

Tbh it's probably not any more or less toxic than your regular brand-name ice cream.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ThanosReXXX

@BruceCM I always stick to water-based ice aka popsicles for that. The creamy part of ice cream/soft serve actually works as a counter towards refreshing you or cooling you down, so it's only a temporary effect. The best type of ice is probably the kind based upon frozen fruit. All natural and chock-full of water, which is obviously what quenches the thirst. My personal favorite is pear-flavored:
Untitled
No artificial coloring or flavoring and low in calories, just frozen fruit on a stick, basically.
Just like I like them...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

BruceCM

I do like some lollies, still, @ThanosReXXX ... At least over here, though, you do get proper ice-cream that's made with mostly natural ingredients! Still like to try that Superman one, just to find out what it does taste like

SW-4357-9287-0699

ThanosReXXX

@BruceCM Well, they're not lollies. It's ice. Over here, one is called soft ice, and the other is called "water ice". The word popsicle might hover a bit more near the childish, but seeing as there is no other word for it in English, I had no choice but to use it.

As for fresh-ingredient ice cream: that's more than likely available all over the world, in some shape or form, those two examples in those pictures simply aren't one of them. Truth be told, for every healthy and/or fresh ingredient ice cream there's probably dozens of artificially flavored/colored ones, so it's still an uphill battle for those (usually) far smaller companies, to market their natural ice cream flavors.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

BruceCM

Well, I'm not sure what we have that's more like popsicles, then, @ThanosReXXX .... Although I live in a city, it's surrounded by farms & so on, so you get all the proper ingredients locally for things! Supermarkets here seem to like being able to put labels on their food to say where the meat is from & so on, too

SW-4357-9287-0699

ThanosReXXX

@BruceCM Haha, yeah, that's going on over here as well. And usually it's reflected in the price. I mean, if you want the cheapest of the cheap, then there's also "water ice sticks", which is basically all kinds of (yes, artificially) flavored and colored water in a thin, rectangular plastic bag, like these:
Untitled
A bag of those will set you back around 1 euros, whereas those pear ice sticks I posted earlier, usually cost around two to three times as much. Same will probably count for all kinds of other products: slap a "biological" or "free range" label on it, and you're allowed to double the price...

Blackbird789

Ice cream is awesome. All your talk of ice cream reminded me of something...
Untitled

You're welcome.

Edited on by Blackbird789

I should get a PSP. Or a GameCube. Or a GBA. Or a PS2. Or a...

BabyYoda71

There was a period of time when I thought ice cream was too cold....

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

ThanosReXXX

There was a time when I though my girlfriend was too cold (which actually turned out to be true), which is the reason that she ultimately became my ex...

BruceCM

To some extent, obviously, @ThanosReXXX ... I'll pay more for things that are worth it, though! We definitely have the artificial flavour ices like those, which I liked a long time ago but I'm not sure about better versions. I'll have to check the frozen section next time, I'm sure there's plenty around by now

SW-4357-9287-0699

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic