Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 45,021 to 45,040 of 96,313

BabyYoda71

Okay, my friend got ACNH yesterday and got the exact same two starter villagers I got!

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

Tyranexx

Eel wrote:

Oh but karma will rain down on you.

I won't buy the Pikmin 3 port. Thus, killing Pikmin.

(insert a villanous laugh here)

Funny; I'm gonna do the same thing!

Now I'm going out to do something REALLY diabolical by returning to work and buying the entire vending machine out of all its junk food. Then...I'll sell to my coworkers at inflated prices! Muwahahaha!

...Until it's reloaded the next day.

@NintendoByNature Thanks. The hardest thing is that they're a couple of states away, so it's not like we can easily drop in on them just to see how they're doing. It's a good eight hour drive. But yeah, things are gradually getting back to normal on that side.

On the other side of the family, a first cousin of my dad lost their husband, so now there's that visitation/funeral this weekend. That'll be about a two hour drive.

Sounds like your dad has a few extra lives before his game ends. Not a bad thing!

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Anti-Matter

I think it's very unbelievable to think Animal Crossing New Horizons now literally is the King of 1st party at this moment.
When looked back from the first Animal Crossing on N64 and Gamecube, i didn't even see something appealing from the archaic gameplay, not even Wild World and City Folk could convince me.
But New Leaf was like the drastic change that turned Animal Crossing as something very interesting.

Anti-Matter

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx stinks on both counts, im very sorry to hear that. Its that old saying, when it rains it pours. Sad, but true. We go through alot of ups and downs and when theres downs, feels like it takes forever to get back to the ups.

Yea hes a gremlin. Nothing keeps him down lol

NintendoByNature

ogo79

so theres this!!!

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

BabyYoda71

@ogo79 I love how it says “Nintendo Switch is a trademark of Nintendo” in the corner. That’s probably in every trailer for Switch, but I’ve never noticed! 😆

ogo79

BabyYoshi12 wrote:

@ogo79 I love how it says “Nintendo Switch is a trademark of Nintendo” in the corner. That’s probably in every trailer for Switch, but I’ve never noticed! 😆

nintendo switch is a trademark of nintendos switchs switch trademark for nintendo switchs trademark for nintendo switch

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Takeawaydj

@WoomyNNYes There is no pressure in the game. You can play ACNH the way you want. The beginning is super fun to start your island!

SW-5214-8495-9702

DenDen

Feeling hot hot hot 🥵

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

Anti-Matter

I found Label in front of Resident Service this afternoon. She asked me to wear outfits with fairy / girly theme. 😅
Untitled

Well, i didn't mind if i have to do her assignment. I was positive excited with crossdressing, so... 😉
Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

And she was stunned by my commitment to be a bride. 🤣
Don't look at my shoes.
I didn't wear glass slippers like Cinderella.
I wore pink high heels since i didn't have many girly stuffs. 🤭

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

DenDen

@Anti-Matter looks good!

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

Heavyarms55

@WoomyNNYes I really enjoyed it. The very first day or 2 starts a bit dull just cause you only get a very little bit to start with. But it gradually builds up as more and more opens up to you.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

BabyYoda71

I never had an NES or a SNES. So I have a question. How is it pronounced? I’ve always pronounced each letter individually like “n-e-s” but Alex Olney says it as one word, “nes”. Have I been pronouncing it wrong my whole life?

BruceCM

Well, since the letters do stand for something, you're pronouncing it 'correctly', @BabyYoshi12 .... But I think most probably say it as a word, due to being easier & it's not like that's incorrect, either

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Anti-Matter

@BabyYoshi12
I usually say NESS for Nintendo Entertainment System.
SNESS for SNES.
But i said Nintendo Sixty Four for N64.

Anti-Matter

RR529

When we were young we just called them "Nintendo" & "Super Nintendo" respectively, but if I had to pronounce them as an acronym it's always been spelled out "N E S" & "S N E S"

It wasn't until I really started following gaming stuff online that I heard them pronounced "Ness" & Sness" (the latter sounds particularly weird, IMO). Maybe it's a US vs UK thing, as I'm from the former, and usually hear the alternate pronunciation from Brits.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Eel

I somehow went from never ever seeing a shiny Magikarp in any Pokemon game, to catching 14 today in Pokemon Go.

That's a lot even for Community Day standards. I wonder if they made it even more common than usual?

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

WoomyNNYes

@Eel Not-finding-shiny-pokemon makes baby jésus llorar That's pretty crazy, by the way, haha.
(llorar=cry in spanish, for anyone that doesn't know spanish)

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic