Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 44,921 to 44,940 of 96,625

ThanosReXXX

@Link-Hero Hey man, sorry about the late reply. Had some work-related stuff going on, and last week kinda flew past me like I was living in a haze, so I wasn't able to find the time to do some Chit-Chatting in between all that.

Anyway, rest assured the compliment was accepted, but I do always try to remain sober and realistic about things, hence the earlier reply. As for how to easily differentiate between predator and prey: I'd be able to wager a guess, depending on whether or not we're talking sea or land-based, but just in case I guess incorrectly, I'm just going to forego answering that question and hear what you have to say on the matter.

And speaking of matter...

@Anti-Matter Even though you probably know by now that I don't care all that much for DDR, I do want to say that I thought that your DDR firework picture actually looked pretty creative, so compliments for that, far as I am concerned.

@Heavyarms55 You're more than welcome. I hope that everything is going relatively well so far, but even if it isn't, just try to focus on tackling problems as you see them, instead of envisioning all of them at once, and I'll bet you'll come out on the other end just fine.

As for 5 hours of sleep across 4 days: I guess that means that you beat me. I was having 4 hour "naps" every day for the last week, on my new job, but somehow I managed to get through it alive, even though I definitely needed this past weekend to recharge and rest up...

@ogo79 What was that? The long arm of the law?

It's dangerous to go alone. Take this:

@Tyranexxx @NintendoByNature @HobbitGamer So, how've all you people been doing? Haven't been around much these last couple of days, but also haven't read much of you, so was kinda wondering.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

NintendoByNature

@ThanosReXXX thanks for asking, I've been pretty good just busy with a ton of house work and upgrades. Getting ready to sell next year or maybe earlier. I've just taken a quick bread from the CC thread and most threads really. Just haven't had much down time..how have you been doing

NintendoByNature

Anti-Matter

@ThanosReXXX
Thanks. ☺
I still working on placing the proper furnitures to create specific public places.

Anti-Matter

ThanosReXXX

@NintendoByNature You're welcome. As for me: after the failed certificate debacle, I did some soul-searching and/or sizing up of my current situation to decide which way to go. Thanks to my last assignments kinda fizzling out of existence, partially due to the whole global pandemic thing being the final nail, I found myself in kind of a "beggars can't be choosers" situation. But I won't bore you with all of the details.

So, long story short: I decided to take the bitter pill and I applied for a mid-class function at a sales office. Considerably below my old stature, seeing as I'm senior sales, experience-wise, but besides the whole situation, there wasn't any option to start on a higher rung here, but I still needed a job, and the money, so I took it.

And that's where I'm at right now. So, kinda happy (or rather: content) that I'm an active member of the working class again, but kinda bummed out at the same time, that I had to take a couple of steps back career-wise.

Oh, well. Guess I'll eventually get over it, I suppose.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

ThanosReXXX

@Link-Hero Ha, I should have given the answer then, because that's what I thought of saying, but seeing as we were talking about sea creatures earlier, I wasn't entirely sure.

NintendoByNature

@ThanosReXXX nothing to feel down or "less" about. The point is that you're out there trying. Theres nothing wrong with something holding you over until you're promoted or move onto something bigger and better.

Not to mention, if you're happy and the place is nice, it's well worth it instead of increased pay, at least in my opinion. Id rather take less money and be happier than more money and miserable. Not saying that's your case, im just saying.

NintendoByNature

ThanosReXXX

@NintendoByNature Oh, it's a nice place alright, and the people are my kinda people, so no complaints where that is concerned, but having to start considerably lower at my age and level of experience was a bit of a pride-damaging hurdle to take, but in the end I did, and ultimately, I'll get over myself and be glad that I actually have a job in a world where more and more people are losing or not being sure of theirs...

NintendoByNature

@ThanosReXXX all the more reason for you to prove your worth, and move up. Consider it a challenge, and im sure you'll do just fine 🙂

NintendoByNature

HobbitGamer

@ThanosReXXX I'm doin alright, dood. Sucks about the fall-through, but at least you can grab something sustainable for the meantime.
I've been enveloped in tons of changes at work with state fiscal year and contracts, state budgets, etc. Rockin my new diet, lost a shirt and pants size already.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Tyranexx

@WoomyNNYes "Fo-ledge" drives me nuts too, honestly about any pronunciation that I don't consider "normal" triggers my OCD. XD I have to often remind myself that what sounds "normal" verbally to me can be different for someone else.

Take "caramel", for example. Around here, it's often pronounced "car-mull". Vs. the "Care-uh-mell" that I've heard more than once in advertisements. THAT one drives me crazy.

Another one is "coupon", though this may just be our family/regional variant. Apparently the widely accepted way to say it is "coo-pon". Whereas I'm used to saying it as "cue-pon".

Ah, phonetics.

@ThanosReXXX Hi! Been wondering about you! I wasn't around here much last week - I took a bit of a light internet break. Partially because I went on vacation for a few days and was out of state. Nothing too crazy, only one state over with plenty of precautions.

I was going to ask you on how the job situation was going, but it looks like you covered that with NBN already. Sounds like a great place to work, even with the pay cut. I know what you mean by wishing to be actively working again. I was only furloughed for a couple of weeks back in June, which was sorta nice minus dealing with unemployment (ugh), but it was great to make it back to work again.

@NintendoByNature I noticed you've been sorta quiet lately in most threads as well (as have a lot of others including yours truly TBH). Getting ready to sell, huh? That definitely involves a lot of busywork, especially when it comes to fixing up things to make the place seem more appealing. Not really looking forward to any of that when that time inevitably comes for me. Moved into where I'm currently at just under six years ago and don't wanna deal with all the moving stress again anytime soon lol.

...Though before I landed my current job, I had expanded my job search to out of state and was seriously considering moving.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations (Switch/AAT)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx Yea ill try to show my face a little more then, if people are starting to notice lol. I think alot of people aren't chatting as much since there isn't much nintendo news to chat about is my guess.

Yea the house updating really blows. But im even more stressed about buying and selling at the same time. Ive never done that before so it gives me a tad bit of anxiety.

Things been alright with you though?

NintendoByNature

Heavyarms55

Hey guys, sorry, no time to check all the replies. But I just wanted to mention I made it overseas safely.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

ogo79

@ThanosReXXX
as people get smarter at playing that game, it feels like that sometimes
@WoomyNNYes
heh...

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

DenDen

@Heavyarms55 Im glad you arrived safe, how are things going now?
You feel a bit better now?
@ThanosReXXX bummer to hear you lost your privious job.
I also lost my job because of Corona.
Also starting a new job next week that’s below what I did before, but hey I’m glad I can get to work again.
Im sure your going to kick it, and get your old standards again soon!
Its good to hear your having a good time at your work nonetheless that’s a start 😊

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

Zuljaras

@ThanosReXXX Haha you linked the Bulgarian Music Idol

They all speak Bulgarian and it was quite the meme before memes were a thing

I did not know that people outside of Bulgaria know about that s***

Edited on by Zuljaras

ralphdibny

Thought I'd post this here too in case peeps didn't know about it (I posted it over on PS)

I didn't know where else to post this so thought I'd do it here. I don't know if anyone else is into Picross, particularly themed picross but Konami has a free (with ads, no in app purchases) picross game on the Google play app store (and I assume the iPhone equivalent).

It's called PixelPuzzle and has puzzles themed to their really old games (that I've never heard of) along with some bomberman, gradius, parodius and castlevania thrown in for good measure!

There seems to be no limit on the regular picross and four puzzle mid boss mega picross but the "boss" puzzles can only be played every 3 hours. These are just mega picross made up of quite a few smaller picross. All the puzzles are chosen at random and I think there is about 500 in total.

It's actually really good, I think it's the music that makes it awesome and I do love me a themed picross. I just wish Nintendo did more after their twilight Princess picross on 3ds!

Oh yeah and the ads are fairly unintrusive. There's a banner at the bottom of the screen and you have to close the occasional pop up for pes mobile but that's all. As usual the Google play account stuff can be skipped by pressing not now and clicking off the pop up when the app opens. Occasionally the app crashes too on my phone at least. But overall I do love the game!

See ya!

HobbitGamer

@Zuljaras Everyone outside of Bulgaria know of Bulgarian Music Idol. Is great program for viewing together with much family and friend laughter and tears of joy.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic