Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 44,941 to 44,960 of 96,484

MarioVillager92

@Heavyarms55 Glad to hear that you made it safely. Welcome home

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

HobbitGamer

Worse showing of Music Idol when witch tripped on stage and showed true colores. :)

Edited on by Eel

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Eel

There was a really bad explosion in Lebanon.

The videos look all rather impressive and pretty scary, with the mushroom of dust, and the sonic boom that followed.

Fortunately it would seem the destruction was very much limited to the immediate area around the explosion, but it looks like a lot people were hurt.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Eel

@Zuljaras from what I could find online, it seems to be related a warehouse storing either ammo or fireworks, and possibly a grain silo, and it culminated in something called a "dust explosion".

It's rather fuzzy right now, so don't take my word as fact.

I don't really know if it was intentional or not, but it seems it's possible it could've been an accident.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

WoomyNNYes

Tropical storm Isaias knocked out power. Just 6 inches of rain then plenty of wind. Nothing crazy, but it lasted longer than a brief afternoon shower. Boooo! Thankfully i got a 26000 mah ravpower power bank w usb c.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

ThanosReXXX

@NintendoByNature Oh, eventually I'll be alright, either here on once I find something more fitting, so I might simply use this as a stepping stone, a temporary harbor until the Covid storm passes and jobs are more prevalent again, we'll see. Either way, I'm alright for now.

@HobbitGamer Diet, you say? I must have missed that one somewhere, because I can't remember you mentioning that earlier. As a fellow Burgundian, I have a sense that I should sympathize or feel for you, because almost any diet is an affront to enjoying the good life, but if it benefited you, well... then more power to you.

@Tyranexx Yeah, it's a nice enough place to work, alright. Funny isn't it? When we're working full time, we sometimes wish it was time to take our permanent leave of it already, and when we're stuck at home without a penny to our name or anything to do, we all of a sudden wish that we we're back in the office...

@ogo79 Smarter at playing what game? The follow the arm to the stinker text one-liner, or the "it's dangerous to go alone" game?

Hope you enjoyed the video.

Ken Leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....

@DenDen Well, lost my job: I actually lost my company. Until a couple of years ago, I actually was an independent contractor in the sales & marketing business. I hired myself off to companies to do their telesales for them, but things all started to go downhill due to a number of factors, both business and private matter-related, and the final push was the whole Corona virus thing, which ultimately necessitated me to apply for benefits and look for a regular job as an employee again, so yeah: VERY bitter pill, but I'm slowly getting over it now, because the place I'm working at currently is pretty relaxed.

@Zuljaras Well, it's probably not that much of a surprise, really: when it's on the internet, it's out there for the world to see, regardless of origin or language. Luckily, this version has subtitles, so I could comfortably share it with my fellow Chit-Chatters...

On a side note: I did already know this particular fragment, though. We have a program over here, which shows both the best and the worst of worldwide talent shows, so that's how I first got to know of this particular video.

@Eel Yeah, I just saw that on the news, which showed various videos of it, made by people on their smart phones. It looked utterly unreal, especially with the almost nuclear explosion-like mushroom cloud.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

HobbitGamer

@ThanosReXXX It's not too terrible, actually. I'm mostly doing lots of fresh fruits, vegetables, oats, poultry, fish. It's for bunch of weight, and to knock my prehypertension down without meds, and help my apnea
I've already lost a shirt and pants size in about 6 weeks. Lost 20 lbs, then started losing inches more than weight.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

HobbitGamer

@Eel I saw an angle that clearly showed a bunch of the flashing pops that some fireworks make, then the big boom kicked in.

#MudStrongs

DenDen

@ThanosReXXX
Ohh that makes it even more bitter, I hope you will find your way in the new company and finding less stress in your private life now things start getting better again.
Corona is getting worse in the Netherlands I hope at your place it’s getting better.

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

ThanosReXXX

@HobbitGamer Well, congrats, then. I also need to lose a bit of additional weight, probably about 12 kilos, but right now, I still have to mind my budget for a while, so although I'm eating as healthy as possible within that budget, it's currently not enough to lose the weight. But it'll happen, some day...

As for the explosion in Lebanon: could also have been rounds of ammo. There's certain types that almost look like fireworks, especially from that distance. Either way, looked pretty damn scary...

@Eel Yeah, I've seen it a couple of times now, but it still looks so unreal to me, almost like it was one of those "shaky cam" fake documentary movies, like Cloverfield or something.

@DenDen Yeah, it sucked major balls, that's for sure. But it is what it is, and I hate looking back, because in general, it serves little to no purpose, so on we go, and I'll eventually find out where this trip will take me.

As for Corona: I live in Amsterdam and sadly, because of a lot of idiots ignoring the rules (because the "poor souls" are so tired of all the restrictions), partying, going to the beach and what not, spreading the virus, we're now pretty close to a second lock-down, so rules are now being made less lenient again. But that too is what it is, so I'll be a good citizen and wear my face mask, throwing angry, deadly stares at the friggin' morons that refuse to do so, and hoping that I'll at least be able to spend the end of the year holidays with my family. Would be pretty damn strange to just sit here by my lonesome, come Christmas 2020, let alone on New Year's Eve...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Eel

Sigh, so for the last two or so days I've been having weird, huh, sensations. Like, teary eyes, slight headaches, that sort of things. Today I started sensing this shrimpy smell around the kitchen. So I went to check the big freezer where my dad keeps all the seafood...

For a bit of context, they've been doing some renovations in the kitchen, so they had to move the fridge and the freezer while they put the new floor tiles there. Last week, they moved them back to their spot.

Evidently, the workers did not turn the freezer on. Just plugging it in is not enough, you have to push a button. So everything has been slowly defrosting for several days. Everything is likely ruined, probably not like, rotten or anything yet, but simply unusable now.

I'm clearly more sensitive to this kind of stuff than my parents, seeing how I'm somehow the only one that noticed something was wrong... But now that I KNOW where does this come from, it's worse, like my brain now has a reason to turn up the volume, so now the entire house stinks to me.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

ThanosReXXX

@Eel Ah, that sounds awful. And it brings back memories, because a couple of years ago, I had somewhat of a similar situation, except it was due to a power failure while I was at work. It happened in the summer, and it was pretty hot. Apparently, the power had already been off for practically the entire day, so around 6pm, I came home to a smelly house and a wet kitchen floor...

Yeah... good times.... NOT.

Eel

I think I found out before any leaky mess could happen. Thankfully... The gasses are bad enough, I wouldn't want to think about the concentrated juices.

Guess I can say that this freezer is really well insulated, since it was probably off for about 3-5 days and it's only starting to smell now.

But I really, really hate the smell of seafood (ironic for an eel, I know) so this is probably what my personal hell would entail.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Blooper987

@ralphdibny I’ve been loving picross since I got Murder By Numbers and Picross S on the eShop a few months ago. I’ve played a bit of the Konami one but it’s hard to on my small phone😂

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

Losermagnet

I just read a post on Nintendo Everything that Skip, the company behind Chibi Robo, may officially be closed. Their online presence is gone and their offices are now occupied by a different company.

I'm not surprised but this does really bum me out. I really think Chibi Robo had this sort of Japanese Toy Story thing going on and it's a shame that it never caught on.

Edited on by Losermagnet

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

HobbitGamer

@Eel Stinky home? Bah, this not problem. Get new house. Call mud bringers in the ahead of times, will have you new mansion soon now.

#MudStrongs

ogo79

@ThanosReXXX
this game UntitledUntitled
oooooooooooooh! gotcha again

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic