Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 44,721 to 44,740 of 96,319

Zuljaras

@BabyYoshi12 Just to tell you there is a difference in criticizing and being an online bully.

The Internet is online community. If he or me or anyone post something here and you do not like it feel free to say well "this is stupid and unnecessary". I see no problem with that.

But please ... please do not think that everyone on the internet is evil and try to bully just because they criticize others stuff.

BabyYoda71

@Zuljaras I don’t think you’re evil, nor do I think you’re bullying him. I just... feel like it could be slightly nicer? I don’t know. I wouldn’t say “This is stupid”, I’d say “This could be better, here’s how...”. Let’s just move on from this conversation.

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

porto

Is anyone still playing Clubhouse Games? I felt like everyone was talking about it and then it suddenly died out. I never got it, so can anyone shed some light 😂

porto

Switch Friend Code: SW-2940-3286-4610 | My Nintendo: Pikmin4 | Twitter:

Zuljaras

@BabyYoshi12 Giving advice on such stuff is of no use. How to give advice to someone when you 100% know he will not listen and continue to repeat the same stuff over and over again.

Also there is no reason to put such people on ignore as you may have a slight chance of them being helpful someday.

For example Anti helped me, indirectly because you know how he talks to people he do not like, about Animal Crossing New Leaf physical edition and about Portal Knights.

But to talk to someone indirectly and explain something to the "air" is just cringy.

BabyYoda71

@PrincessAzunyan He has a bad history with them, not sure what that history is. Part of the reason I’m supporting him.

@Apportal I still play it and am offended nobody else does. It’s a really fun game!

porto

@BabyYoshi12 I have 3 siblings; 10, 7, 4. Do you think they’d like to play it? Do you recommend it to families? Cause since I’ve heard great things I’m kinda on the fence. Probably gonna wait for a sale however.

porto

BabyYoda71

Zuljaras wrote:

@BabyYoshi12 Giving advice on such stuff is of no use. How to give advice to someone when you 100% know he will not listen and continue to repeat the same stuff over and over again.

Also there is no reason to put such people on ignore as you may have a slight chance of them being helpful someday.

For example Anti helped me, indirectly because you know how he talks to people he do not like, about Animal Crossing New Leaf physical edition and about Portal Knights.

But to talk to someone indirectly and explain something to the "air" is just cringy.

@Zuljaras I don’t remember saying anything about ignoring people... I’ve only done so with people who never say anything helpful. But yeah, @Anti-Matter, you should work on being able to take constructive criticism, aka advice that can sometime be brutally honest. As long as the advice is fair, which it sometimes isn’t, you should take it.

BabyYoda71

@Apportal Of all the games on Switch, it’s probably the best for families. The majority of the games don’t support more than two players though... do you have two Switches?

porto

@BabyYoshi12 I have one OG switch, and a Switch Lite. Your positive attitude on it has me debating. I’ll see if it works out, seeing as how Nintendo doesn’t seem to be releasing anything anytime soon.

porto

BabyYoda71

@Apportal Well then, if you get the game on both Switches, more games can be played with multiple players. All in all, it’s a great game to play with the family, I’d absolutely suggest it!!!

Ralizah

@Apportal I don't care that Anti-Matter has super strict restrictions on his choice of content. That's his business. But if he's going to be pushy and obnoxious about it toward other people, if he's going to loudly complain on a public forum every day about how much he dislikes entertainment aimed at adults, or imply that other people are morally inferior for enjoying such entertainment, and especially if he's going to purge friend lists and social circles of people who enjoy stuff he disapproves of, and then crow about it online... he's going to inspire anger and frustration from others. And I don't think acting like that behavior is A-OK is good for him, unless your goal is to encourage behaviors that lead to frustration and social isolation on his part.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

DenDen

@Apportal like @BabyYoshi12 mentioned it’s an amazing game!
Im also confused why so little amount of people are still playing it, there is so much to do and learn, it’s an awesome game to interact with your kids and have some fun with them, and learn them games from other cultures.
If anybody wants to play some of it with me sure to let me know.

About Anti I always see that people are after him and I Can’t understand why, yes he has an different view of many things but that shouldn’t be a bad thing, and I think people often forget that his English isn’t that well like he mentioned in his profile so maybe he doesn’t know how to say it otherwise?
But saying al the time to him your thick skull brain farts and stuff like that doesn’t help him and he only gets more annoyed by that.

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

porto

@DenDen @BabyYoshi12 okay guys, thanks for the awesome suggestions I bought it today. Can’t wait to show to my younger siblings! Thanks yall! I’ll tell you how it goes in a couple days.

porto

ThanosReXXX

@BabyYoshi12 You were missing the point: he's not unfriending them because they're not playing anymore, he's mainly unfriending them because he doesn't like that they play violent games, so the Animal Crossing part is only a secondary issue/excuse.

Personally, I have several people from the Chit-Chat thread in my Switch friends list. And not even because they play the same games or have the same tastes, but simply because they're cool or nice people, of which I'm actually proud to have come to know them over the years. Well, at least: far as anyone can really know anyone online...

@DenDen Well, I can't speak for others, obviously, but for me it is about his, for lack of a better word, fanaticism concerning only playing kiddy or girly games, and completely ignoring any other type of game simply based upon VERY strict rules. And condemning games AND people that don't live by the same code, so it's not so much about him as a person, but about his stifling and completely restrictive beliefs concerning something that should be an entertaining hobby instead of a religion with a strict rule set.

@Zuljaras Very true, and you're right. I've said all I wanted to say about it anyway. Sad thing is, he'll never pick up on any of my valid suggestions, though. Oh, well...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Ralizah

@PrincessAzunyan Absolutely. I don't care who is or isn't in his friends list, or even if he has one at all. If the dude wants to go live in a cave, that's fine too. But his current behavior angers and frustrates people, and he seems to want to reach out to others at the same time. It seems counterproductive.

On a more general note, if someone chooses to share information online, others have the right to react to that. If he's going to talk about purging friend lists because he doesn't like what they're playing, then that's going to inspire a reaction from people.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Anti-Matter

@PrincessAzunyan
Well....
I was the victim of rated 18+ things when i was young.
I accidentally saw ******* rated 18+ game that was being played by someone at Mall when i was kid. I was frozen, disbelief with what the **** i saw. I was still young, still couldn't share my honest experience to adult people. I didn't even play those games, i accidentally saw it.
I saw ******* horror movies from my auntie when i visited her house and she played a movie that accidentally it was a ******* horror movie. I walked away from TV, looked at the plastic wardrobe and suddenly felt fright because it was looks like what did i saw from that ******* movie.
Also, i got terrorized from another ******* horror movies and games from the TV series and from other peoples playing.
My classmate at Senior High School played that ******* shooting games. Even my siblings too.
I have been through my harsh life with those disturbing 18+ stuffs that shouldn't terrozing me.
As i grew up, when i recalled those moments, i regret to got traumatized by those ******* 18+ stuffs, i felt angry and built my hatred against them. It built my retaliation as they taken away my innocence and terrorizing my brain. Since then, i consider those 18+ stuffs as archenemy that should be annihilated by force. I have no mercy with those ******* stuffs. I hate them as they are even dangerous than cigarette or toxin. I consider them as a sin, blight and demon. My retaliation against 18+ stuffs is my revenge against them. And that's why i adore cute / kiddie stuffs as my guardian angel to distract and guarding me from those 18+ stuffs. When i accidentally saw or realized those 18+ stuffs again even by accidentally, it will instanly turn on my wrath.

By using Inside Out Disney Pixar, my brain dominated by Disgust, Angry and Fear. I am very picky people (very hard to be impressed easily to felt disgust with something that completely against my taste), i am a hot blooded people when i got exposed with something i hate, i really afraid to lost my job as i have ever got very bad treatment from a high school student when i was working at my previous school.
Happiness take control on me when cute and kiddie stuffs around me or All about DDR / Eurobeat / Japanese things but Sadness take control on me when i lost my job and i have ever thinking about suicide for not finding another school to hire me as employee.

Sorry if i typed with a lot of stars as i felt angry just only to recall my memories when i was young. 😔

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

@ThanosReXXX
My hatred with 18+ stuffs was actually like Master Yoda / Necron FF IX said.
Anxiety lead to Fear.
Fear lead to Anger.
Anger lead to Hate.
Hate lead to Suffer.
So all the accumulated anger became a hatred against them. And with a lot of hatred against 18+ stuffs, i made a stand to fight against them.

Anti-Matter

Eel

Allow me to wake up for a second to say....

If you don't stop derailing the forums with your public vendetta against these things, I'll personally ban you one day for every * you use in your anti-18+ posts.

I'd appreciate if the discussion ended here, and the topic went back to normal for today.

Edit: 👇yes that's ok as long as it doesn't devolve into that ☝️

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic