Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 44,701 to 44,720 of 96,481

Anti-Matter

Recently i watched ACNH island tour videos from Youtube to find ideas for my ACNH island.
One island is not enough for me.
I want 2nd island to experience different island theme, but i have to buy another Switch tho....

Anti-Matter

porto

@Anti-Matter if I had the money I’d def buy it for you in a heartbeat.

porto

Switch Friend Code: SW-2940-3286-4610 | My Nintendo: Pikmin4 | Twitter:

Anti-Matter

@Apportal
Some peoples were really smart when designing their island.
There were a lot of possibilities of public places that could be created based on the items theme.
From modern type city until very natural cottage.
The ideas were perfect but i couldn't stack all the ideas into one basket so i need to choose which kind of public places should i applied for my island.

Recently, i'm working with small city theme for my island so i put asphalt road with sidewalk path, modern stone fences, arcade center, outdoor music club, graveyard, boxing ring, outdoor gym, outdoor cafe + stalls. Some natural places i put are Campsite, Orchard and Beach shop.
But, my recent map design was lack of Flower field as i have to sacrifice it due to map layout and the public places i want to display. I want to show my Indonesia flag from Flower field with Red and White Windflowers.
Oh, well... Maybe i need to redesign a liitle bit my orchard area to hold flower field.

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Just now, i have deleted some Switch users from Friend list due to 2 reasons:
1. There were some Non Active users who didn't show any sign to continue playing Switch. It just wasting the space so i delete them.
2. I deleted the users who have tendency playing rated 18+ games. I don't want to see the ******* rated 18+ games popped up on the screen during playing. Even the ******* rated 18+ titles are very taboo for me.
I tighten up my restrictrion and the users i thought didn't really commit in my gaming style, i deleted them from my list.
Next time, i will not easily to accept any friend. I will judge from the games they play and their tendency by gameplay hours.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Maaryotyme

I deleted lots of people from my friend list. They were playing kiddy cute kawaii games. It’s just not acceptable. I gonna be serious and judge people from the games they play and the media they watch. Why can’t everyone be like me 😉

Maaryotyme

Zuljaras

Anti-Matter wrote:

Just now, i have deleted some Switch users from Friend list due to 2 reasons:
1. There were some Non Active users who didn't show any sign to continue playing Switch. It just wasting the space so i delete them.
2. I deleted the users who have tendency playing rated 18+ games. I don't want to see the ******* rated 18+ games popped up on the screen during playing. Even the ******* rated 18+ titles are very taboo for me.
I tighten up my restrictrion and the users i thought didn't really commit in my gaming style, i deleted them from my list.
Next time, i will not easily to accept any friend. I will judge from the games they play and their tendency by gameplay hours.

Congratulations! You have hit a new low. I did not think it was possible but you proved me wrong.

If other people did that to you you would be playing alone ... forever.

And then you cry here "how lonely you are and how hard" it is to find friends.

Edited on by Zuljaras

Anti-Matter

I think i need a moderator to remind one user here to stop disturbing me. 🤨

Anti-Matter

ThanosReXXX

@Anti-Matter Or, you could try and consider how some of your posts might annoy, amaze or bewilder people, so instead, why not try to find some common ground or compromise for a change, instead of acting like a sad individual who needs hand-holding from a moderator. That's what any sensible adult does.

And I very much agree with @Zuljaras that all you'll ever achieve with your insane self-applied restrictions is to make your own life harder and less pleasant. Nobody is perfect, and it's okay for people to not agree on things or to have different likes or tastes. Just because they don't like what you like doesn't make them bad or evil persons.

On a side note: adding users on the Switch does NOT take up or waste space at all. It's only a small tag that takes up a few bytes of data. So small that it doesn't matter either way.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Ralizah

@Anti-Matter You're never going to find online friends to share your passion for shovelware games with if you turn your gaming habits into some weird religion that you expect other people to follow as well.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

BabyYoda71

Why so harsh? If he wants to unfriend people, he can. He probably doesn’t need to post about it, but I see why he did. Let him play his games his way.

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

ThanosReXXX

@BabyYoshi12 I think you REALLY need to read and understand what most of us are actually saying or trying to make him see, instead of blindly defending every brain fart he lets out...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

porto

@Ralizah he doesn’t play shovelware games, nor his gaming habits a religion. He (and I for that matter) just don’t like 18+ video games. It’s not wrong to disagree with those types of video games.

The only thing he could have done better is not act like those who play those video games are bad people. Even if I disagree with people that play those games it’s not by gosh darn business in the first place! That’s what makes gaming so fun. People can have their own views and opinions and yet still be the bestest of friends.

porto

BabyYoda71

@ThanosReXXX Okay. I understand you’re giving him advice, and that’s okay. But you don’t need to be harsh about it. That post wasn’t intended for you, mostly LetsGO and Zuljaras. For example, this is basically what they’re saying:

Wow you are a horrible person. You are really bad and are doing weird things for no reasons. I’m glad you unfriendly me.

What they should say is more like:

Here’s some helpful advice- I suggest either keeping your friends and not paying attention to what games they play or not posting about you unfriending them.

But seriously, if his friends only play games he doesn’t have and doesn’t play, what’s the point of keeping them?

porto

@Anti-Matter as much as I don’t want to, I agree with some of the users here. Judging people by what games they play is just wrong my dude. I’m still your friend so I just want to tell you and remind you about it. Maybe it’s something you need to work on just as much as I need to work on keeping my gosh darn mouth shut 😂

@BabyYoshi12 okay friend, I get where you are coming from. I’m his friend as much as you are. I didn’t want to come off as rude so I’m sorry if I did. I just wanted to explain to him why some people are being rude to him. I said he “acts” like their bad people. Not calling them bad people. And I just think unfriending them counts as acting like their bad.

Edited on by porto

porto

BabyYoda71

@Apportal He didn’t say the people who don’t play those games are bad people. That’s what the other users are saying about him. If he doesn’t have the games his friends play, there’s no point in keeping them.

ThanosReXXX

@BabyYoshi12 Well, I've been known to be harsh sounding at times as well, so you never know...
But from my perspective, it's better to be honest and outright, sometimes brutally so, than saying things that you think that people might rather want to hear, which to me basically amounts to lying.

Oh, and trust me: he actually has said that people that like the more adult type games are bad or evil, on multiple occasions. Not all of them, but he always equates to or looks at things solely from his own, short-sighted perspective and experience. A long time ago, he actually used to play those types of games himself, but they made him highly aggressive, so he did a complete 180 and is now completely against them or anyone who does like or play them. Funnily enough, he's sometimes VERY aggressive about that as well, so in some respects, nothing has changed at all.

And that goes to show you that the emotion is in the person, NOT in the game. Not every individual that plays Call of Duty becomes a mass murderer, after all...

@Apportal At least you're not so stiflingly close-minded. Liking whatever you like is perfectly fine, but that goes for ALL people, long as it is within the confines of reason and the law, obviously. But sometimes, I even have the feeling that with Anti, it would be like literally EVERYTHING has to be exactly the same, tick ALL the boxes, for it to be okay, and well... it just isn't. It's going to constantly exclude him from groups, make it harder or near impossible to create a circle of friends, and it just isn't a realistic view or opinion either, so at the end of the day, it's to his own disadvantage, and that's actually the sad part about it.

Just imagine going to a restaurant and only being able to eat what the other person likes or thinks is good food. That's basically what this is, and if it was about food, then just about any sensible person would think that it is completely insane or bonkers, but when it's about games, then some people all of a sudden feel like they have to defend the "poor" fellow...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

ThanosReXXX

@BabyYoshi12 As for those friends lists: he's talking about people he befriended because of Animal Crossing. Apparently, he checked the games those people also play besides Animal Crossing, and because their personal tastes/preferences apparently don't sit well with him, he's unfriended them. And that too, is completely insane, far as I'm concerned, and that is what I tried to explain to him, against my better judgment, in my initial comment about it.

BabyYoda71

@ThanosReXXX Yeah, I’m going to stop now. It just pains me to see people getting bullied online, and I can be a really defensive person at times. I’m sorry. I just don’t get why people are so harsh on the internet. I haven’t been around a long time, so I don’t know what has and hasn’t been said.

BabyYoda71

@ThanosReXXX But lots of people don’ play New Horizons anymore, so there’s no point in keeping them.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic