Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 30,561 to 30,580 of 96,511

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - Mmmmm... delicious sausage withholders! That’s hilarious. On a side note, I clicked the reply button, but then accidentally deleted your name. When I started to type it in, auto fill suggested it for me. I’ve now chatted with you enough that my phone knows you. I think that means you’ve made my own personal hall of fame.

@NintendoByNature - I think it was mentioned on an episode of The Office. Most places are protective of their recipe, but one of my Philly friends told me about it. Pork scraps and trimmings with some cornmeal and/or fine bread crumbs, but the secret is in the spices. They form it into a loaf, then cut thin slices and pan or deep fry. I’m not certain if organs go in it, but it’s definitely reminiscent of head cheese.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

NintendoByNature

@bimmy-lee id give it a shot.. Not much i won't try. After all, I love to eat cow tongue in the Jewish delis. The family looks at me like i have 6 eyes, but the real joke is on them.. I gave it to the kids and said it was corned beef and guess What? They liked it til I spilled the beans. In which case they they started whining and scraping their tongues in disgust lol. I explained, you'll never know what you like unless you try it. Call me mean haha but I'm just trying to get them to experience the different culinary arts of the world..

NintendoByNature

ThanosReXXX

@Morpheel Ha, sounds like the typical classic farmer's life: live hard, die young. Either way, even though the game is still in my collection (I never sell any games OR hardware), I highly doubt I'll ever give it a go again. It's just kind of a collection completer, so I've got all game types covered...

Still kinda glad that I don't have the chibi version after all, because I actually hate chibi stuff. Nintendo got too much of that as it is, ever since the N64. Like companies saying "no, you're not powerful enough, you're only getting the cutesy versions of our games". And just look at them now, with the Switch: some companies almost bending over backwards, cutting down resolutions and special effects, all with the goal of being able to cram the triple A versions of their games onto the humble hybrid...

@NEStalgia And in comes the train maniac to derail yet another discussion...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee Well, that certainly does the ego some good, methinks...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

HobbitGamer

@ThanosReXXX Yep, I figured GK wouldn’t be your type of style due to the sim and repetitive pacing. I’ve not really got on with a HM title since 64, honestly. The first one on GAmeboy was one of my cherished games that I got to pick out myself.

I’ll try to put in a big enough order to handle all this newfound demand for Hobbit’s meats!! 😂

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

bimmy-lee

@HobbitGamer - I’ve always been interested in the HM games, but I’ve never played one. Is GK the kind of game I could do for 20-30 minutes during a game session and then move on? Also, is there a set number of days for a play through, or is it limitless? I do not like games where there’s a limit because I just like to explore. Huge LOZ fan, but I flat out can’t play MM.

limby-bee was a jerk.

NintendoByNature

bimmy-lee wrote:

Huge LOZ fan, but I flat out can’t play MM.

Thats my problem with mm, I do like it and can play it, but always feeling like you're being rushed or not having enough time always bothered me

NintendoByNature

Eel

If you're running out of time in majoras mask then you most probably try to do too much in a single cycle.

Maybe you will run out of time if you try to get the hookshot, song and complete the great bay temple in a single sitting...

But you don't... Need... To? Smaller goals are easier to manage.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

DenDen

In MM its key to have proper time management, know what you want to do each day, dont do things you dont have to do, Do it step by step.

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

bimmy-lee

It’s that sense of agenda that bothers me. I just want to roam around Hyrule and explore at a leisurely pace. Try weird stuff. Experiment. It’s kept me from fully enjoying a couple of the Pikmin games as well. It just makes me nervous.

limby-bee was a jerk.

bimmy-lee

I know, but then I just have to reset, and it doesn’t feel like I’ve actually accomplished anything. Part of this is minor OCD. Like, I HAVE to talk to every NPC in a LOZ game. If something happens where I have to re start my file, I have to go back and talk to every NPC I talked to since the last save so the game knows I did it. Also, I’m insane.

limby-bee was a jerk.

bimmy-lee

It’s the only console Zelda I haven’t cleared. I’ve probably started it 15 times over the years. Bought the cart in college before I ever read a review, and I even bought it it on WiiU VC thinking I was mature enough then to handle it. It’s a source of shame.

limby-bee was a jerk.

ThanosReXXX

@HobbitGamer For me, the only exception was the GameCube version of Animal Crossing. But that was also due in some part to me wanting to unlock all the arcade games and so on.

@bimmy-lee Completely agreed on Majora's Mask. I wouldn't go so far as to say that I hated it, but even without suffering from any kind of OCD symptoms, I too didn't like to be rushed, and I really became massively frustrated at that annoying moon rushing in to ruin my day. I absolutely loved the movie Groundhog Day, but I don't really feel like playing a game that makes me feel like I'm in a groundhog day cycle myself...

By the way: concerning thinking in English, and knowing Dutch, the word "worst" isn't the only one that stood out in one of your conversations:

If you literally translate "head cheese" to Dutch, you'd get something that you'd DEFINITELY never want to eat...

My apologies in advance if you've read this, because I assure you, it will be impossible to un-know it:
Over here, "head cheese" is what a man gets/collects in a certain part of his nether regions, if he doesn't shower or bathe properly or frequently enough...

Gotta love the Dutch and their weird imagination...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - Haha, oh man, so literal. I’m not a big fan of the edible head cheese, but I think I just found a reason to never consider it again. I think “frustrated” is the word I was looking for concerning MM. I just can’t enjoy the game. I like the dark tone, but the looming dread was too much for me.

@NintendoByNature - Cow tongue is a delicacy. I used to get amazing lengua burritos from a food kart. It took a couple visits to work up the courage, but once I did, I was pretty amazed. I thought it would be tough and grisly, but it was so tender it was barely solid.

limby-bee was a jerk.

Tyranexx

I really liked Majora's Mask 3D when I finally played it a few months back. The time mechanic is fairly stressful at first but is fairly easy to work around later on. The only exceptions are the final two temples, but ironically the one where I came the closest to the moon crashing was when I was in Snowhead. That dungeon isn't challenging so much as it's a troll-fest. 🤪

The only Zelda games that I haven't played or beaten at this point in some form are Breath of the Wild and Four Swords Adventures on the GameCube. I sorta doubt the latter will surface again at this point.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

NintendoByNature

@bimmy-lee im a big lengua fan myself. One of my best buddies growing up is Mexican and he introduced me to it. I was timid at first but haven't looked back since.

As for tonight's dish, since i know you love hearing what's on the docket for me. I'm making what my family calls, beans and macaroni. My grandmothers recipe that's been passed down for a couple generations. Its what you'd see in an Italian restaurant called pasta fagioli. Our take on it is cannelini beans , elbow macaroni or any small kind you like, lots of garlic, peas and seasonings. I tend to make pasta quite often. And i make my own " gravy " as the Italians call it or pasta sauce to the non Italians. When I have left over gravy from the pasta I made, i water down my gravy and make a base for the soup ( beans and macaroni). I can eat it just about every day. I shave my own pecorino romano and put lots of crushed red pepp on it. Delish

NintendoByNature

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee Yup, literal indeed. That's the Dutch for 'ya. And everybody over here knows it, so there's not a single soul (well, maybe a couple of innocent children) who doesn't know about it...

As for Majora's Mask: In my living room, on the side of a CD cabinet, hangs a small carry bag that I use to store all my N64 cartridges in, and sometimes I can almost feel that particular cartridge burning a hole right through it, as if to say "hey loser, come and finish me, you nervous wimp"...

So, I can definitely relate to feelings of failure concerning that particular game.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Eel

If my eleven years old self could reach the credits without understanding a single word of it, I’m sure you will be fine.

Give into another try and you’ll see it’s really not that bad. The sense of urgency is entirely fictional.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic