Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 21,241 to 21,260 of 96,542

ThanosReXXX

@ReaderRagfish Of course I do, which is also why I never debated it tasting good.
All I said was that it can't be compared to a complete meal, which was what we were discussing, initially.

Talking about snacks: besides the odd hamburger at Burger King every now and then, I like a good pepperoni pizza, almost any kind of baked bread with melted cheese and ham or onions on it, chicken wings, spare ribs, etc, etc., so I'm no health freak by any stretch of the imagination...

I was also only partially serious about eating something healthy. For me, it was more about "how the hell can you compare a sandwich to a whole meal"...

Having said that, I actually DO like to take good care of myself, so most of my evening meals are indeed varied and healthy.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

HobbitGamer

@ThanosReXXX I like raw peanuts as a snack. I'd have more, but there's this wascilly wabbit that I'm constantly battling where they're growing.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ThanosReXXX

@HobbitGamer That's a good option as well. I like mine salted, and usually when I do eat them, there's always a bottle of beer to go with it...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

HobbitGamer

Oh oh OH! Just had one of those inspirational moments about an opening scene for Preorder Peril: Sean's Lament. Just follow along.

black screen
Phone rings twice, gruff old man's voice answers "Hello, Jim's Video Shack"
Another voice, younger and unsure asks "Hey, this is Sean Scotts, I was in there last week? I had a question about my preorder"
line clicks and goes to dial tone

Spooky

EDIT: I also should be doing one of 8 other things right now, and be productive, but yesterday's workload just took it right out of me. Plus, my workmate isn't here today, and I require supervision. It's hard to focus on writing SQL query when Dr. Mario music is stuck in your head, and you're attempting to bounce almonds off the ceiling tile into your mouth. I've built automated processes into my workflow over the past few years, so unless someone really needs something fast, I get bored and distracted easily.

Edited on by HobbitGamer

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ThanosReXXX

@HobbitGamer You could be on to something there, but it needs some fleshing out. And instead of someone hanging up, letting the phone go to dial tone, it should probably go more along the lines of:

"Your preorder? For Sean Scotts, you say? We don't know anyone of that name here, and there's nothing in the registry either. You must be mistaking us with another game shop. Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got some clients to take care off".

(depending on what you want that last bit to mean, we could incorporate an audio clip of muffled sounds from people crying/screaming in pain in the background)

I like the black screen idea, perhaps some squiggly white text should be moving along with the audio, with a bit of shaky cam going on. Text font could be anything from chalkboard to a Comic sans type. And running dots when silences fall...

P.S.

Still don't like what has been done to the original title that I first came up with, should have copyrighted it, before someone bastardized it into the appalling title that it is now. Gives me a real Bruce Banner vibe...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

ThanosReXXX

@ReaderRagfish Yeah, but you see, that's the thing: Sean's no sissy boy, and he REALLY wants that game that he re-ordered, so he's not about to take no for an answer. He's going to pay them a visit after work/school, and give them a piece of his mind, not knowing (yet), that this is perhaps EXACTLY what they want, except literally...

You always need to build in some suspense and opposing factors to make it more exciting, and opposites attract, as they say. In my daytime job, a no also doesn't deter me...

And if we have to make it a bog-standard horror adventure story, we could always let Sean have a really good looking, but really stupid girlfriend, who always walks into danger, instead of away from it...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Haruki_NLI

Why is my name being dropped left and right?

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

ThanosReXXX

@ReaderRagfish Yep, that is also a much (and over-) used trope in bog-standard horrors. Abandon the girl(friend), and/or the black homey, so they can die first...

ThanosReXXX

@Knuckles-Fajita Is it? Not in this thread, or I must have missed it.

By the way: I was right about one thing. I actually did get the call...

Haruki_NLI

@ThanosReXXX hug Bad news eh? I got that too...

And yeah, my name is Sean so this conversation is weird.

ThanosReXXX

@Knuckles-Fajita Ah, okay. You had me questioning my own reading skills there, for a moment...
And yes, didn't get the assignment OR the job. The reason being that the other candidate had an even longer track record being an account manager than me, and they simply didn't have two senior account manager positions available. They did ask if they could keep my resumé on file, in case things might change in the near future, such as expansion of the team or something like that.

I said that this wasn't really going to do me much good right now, but I agreed anyway. You may never know. Right now, I've decided to take it easy again for a while. No job or client hunting anymore for the time being. Going to enjoy the rest of my summer, and help out my dad a bit with some stuff he has to do.

He's a bit older now, and as a diabetic and Parkinson's patient, his body isn't always listening to what his mind orders it to do anymore...

On a side note: if I had to worry or find conversations weird every time my real name pops up in a conversation,
I should by all rights have been stark-raving mad by now...

But I'm not, because there's SO many more people with the same name, so why should I feel that's me? Same should count for you. And besides this thread, there's also quite a few Sean's that are actually famous, so they're mentioned pretty often in all kinds of media, hope that doesn't faze you either, then...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Haruki_NLI

@ThanosReXXX Its because no one refers to me by my name. XD

HobbitGamer

@ThanosReXXX Exactly what I was thinking. Sean would be all like “I guess I’m just gonna have to go down there” then life events happen. Odd things could start to occur. Like his girlfriend thinks she’s been talking to him but it’s a doooleganger or something the store is doing to slowly prepare for Sean’s eventual disappearance

#MudStrongs

ThanosReXXX

@Knuckles-Fajita Ah, okay then, knuckle sandwich...
@HobbitGamer I also like the "main character is already dead, but doesn't realize it yet" point of view.
At least that's still original. Have only seen that, or something similar, in a handful of movies.

ThanosReXXX

@HobbitGamer P.S.

The main character is a bit more angry than "well, I guess I'll have to go there, then"...
If I say someone is going there to give someone a piece of his mind, he's not going there to politely ask what might possibly have happened to his pre-order. He's gonna go there to kick @ss and take names...

Plot twist: the game shop isn't really a game shop, and in reality, the shady shop owner is actually the extraterrestrial caretaker of an alien meat locker...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Haruki_NLI

@ThanosReXXX Its true. Im either called something derogatory or "Boy" by the family.

ogo79

please...lord i never ask you for anything...lord...please let there be no talk of freaking pineapple butter or pineapple jelly here, just please. ill give you my first 54 children in return, it would be no loss really, as id get as much use out them as i would pineapple butter/jelly. please lord im begging you.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

ogo79

Untitled

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

HobbitGamer

@ogo79 I completely forgot about that jelly and its greatness. Pineapple cream cheese is good stuff, too!!

#MudStrongs

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic