Forums

Topic: Question of the Day

Posts 5,181 to 5,200 of 8,464

Birdman

I think door-to-door soliciting is illegal in my neighborhood (I know putting flyers on mailboxes is, but not putting them on porches/front doors ...). If one did come, I'd probably state that I'm content with my current religious beliefs and ask them to leave and take me off any mailing list they had of me. If they were persistent, I'd point out any hypocrisies I could find within their religious beliefs (I know a few areas that would work easily), show them I was angry with them and get them to leave asap. Then I'd probably call the cops (if they were the persistent type), as door-to-door soliciting is illegal in my neighborhood.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

JayArr

Politely ask them if they would mind waiting while I put some underwear and pants on and then shut the door. By the time I get back they are always gone. =(

[insert 25 Cents here to play]

shingi_70

tell them I'm already in the church of aquaman and tell then to leave.

conversations with religious people are another thing. i dislike them. ut always get into them as depending on said religion something must be wrong or evil.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Wildvine53

theblackdragon wrote:

on the rare occasion someone stops by our house, I generally smile, nod, accept their pamphlet(s), and then take the first opportunity I can to bow out of the conversation. they're just doing what they think is right, and they know they're not going to convert everybody they wake out of a sound sleep.

Pretty Much this, except I've never been woken up before. The last time we had one knock on our door, they gave me an "Action Bible".

Wildvine53

3DS Friend Code: 2878-9589-2016 | Nintendo Network ID: Wildvine53

Reala

I tell them I'm busy and if they persist I just tell them I'm not interested and that's that.

Reala

3Daniel

i listen. my family always gets mad at me. lol

3DS FC 2878-9587-9759
3Daniel - 3DS tag/wiiu id/colors id
wawigi #1

Malkeor

Luckily I never had that happen.
But if I did....I would probably say no thank you i'm busy. Or listen if they seem legit.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-2988-0518
Currently playing:
Kid Icarus Uprising
Radiant Historia

GameLord08

I tend to give them a long enduring and entertaining lecture. In short, I say, religion is like a certain male appendage. It's cool to have one and it's cool to be proud of it, but I draw the line at the point you try to emphatically shove it down my throat.

GameLord08

Magi

I pretend like I'm not home. Until my kids peep out of the window and yell "DAD SOMEONE IS AT THE FRONT DOOR!!!111!!11one1!!" Then I answer the door in my boxers and bite the head off a bat.

When I was younger, my mom used to convert them to Catholocism. They stopped coming after that.

@Gamelord08 good stuff!

Edited on by Magi

Magi

theblackdragon

Wildvine53 wrote:

Pretty Much this, except I've never been woken up before.

on the rare Sunday mornings I have off from job#1, i tend to sleep in 'til at least noon, lol. the local religion-pushers tend to come around quite a bit earlier than that :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

k8sMum

i politely ask them to leave me alone. i do not accept their pamphlets as i have enough junk mail type stuff to toss out. we tend to get a lot of them here in the fingerlakes of nys: near palmyra (mormons), 7th day adentists, jehovah's witnesses, hell-fire baptists..they all come out of the woods at various times of the year. and some are extremely pushy: they will ask about neighbors, is any spanish spoken in the area etc.

when they do not get a polite hint, i shut the door. not slam, just shut it. they can be like one of the infamous plagues.

Switch friend code: SW-2516-0773-8992
Dream Addy: DA-3238-0526-8917

TeeJay

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

I don't answer the door.

This, totally.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Wildvine53

theblackdragon wrote:

Wildvine53 wrote:

Pretty Much this, except I've never been woken up before.

on the rare Sunday mornings I have off from job#1, i tend to sleep in 'til at least noon, lol. the local religion-pushers tend to come around quite a bit earlier than that :3

For some reason I thought you were talking about being woken up at night. I guess it's just different in every area, most of ours come in the prevening.

Wildvine53

3DS Friend Code: 2878-9589-2016 | Nintendo Network ID: Wildvine53

Link977

Question #281: What is your opinion on pay-phones?

Me? I find them kinda gross, but Ill use them if I have to.

Formerly PurpleLink, RedLink & OrdonianLink
Getting a Gold Mushroom on Rainbow Road is just asking to lose!
Backloggery
Question of the Day

3DS Friend Code: 5412-9901-0836 | Nintendo Network ID: Link977

Tasuki

RedLink wrote:

Do they still have those around? Since everyone has a cellphone nowadays I dont see why they would still have them. As for me I haven't used one in about 15 years.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Magi

RedLink wrote:

I don't think I've ever used one.

Magi

JayArr

"Grandma, you're old. Can you tell me what pay-phones and CDs were like?".

[insert 25 Cents here to play]

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.