Forums

Topic: Positive of the Day

Posts 1,762 to 1,781 of 3,112

RR529

Just found out about 3 unlockable Keyblades in KH3D I don't have, so that gives me something to work for, gaming wise!

(unfortunately, this means I'll have to beat all the tournaments in that "Flick Rush" minigame I don't care about... TWICE!)

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Red_XIII

They may be making Who Framed Roger Rabbit 2!!!

Red_XIII

Jani-Koblaney

Well, my eye irritation issue and my sore throat are both getting better. To top it off, my Vikings won today! Hopefully we keep Cassel as the starting QB..

Never Gonna Give Mew Up!

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1253-2852 | Nintendo Network ID: NJanders

GuardianKing

Dark-Luigi wrote:

CaptainCharlie wrote:

WildTwinVikings wrote:

8BitSamurai wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

GuSilverFlame wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

DawnOverALilly wrote:

GuardianKing wrote:

I stopped a thief yesterday :3

O.O I am very intrested in this story.

Indeed. I demand embellishment on your daring heroism!

I'm interested too!!!

I'd like to hear the story too.

Fifth'd

Mii 2

I guess I'll join on this too :3

I won't believe it until I see it or hear it.

Sorry it took so long; I had to get any liability and related bs out of the way. Right now, I think it's been long enough.

So, I was at an afterschool club (keep in mind: this is high school) just hanging out with my friends. I got bored of watching them play Magic, a game which I didn't understand nor play, so I went to the bathroom. When I come out, club is already packing up and stuff (since I went towards the end), and then suddenly, this kid I knew, who was notorious or being annoying and unreliable, told me my other friend just had his cards stolen from his briefcase. Knowing the guy who just told me this, I threaten him not to leave, because everybody in my circle of friends knew he had stolen things before; despite my warning, he ran off to his locker.

I go back into club, and with the help of the teacher and the friend who was the victim, we searched every last corner of the room, but to no avail. That's when I turn to our sponsor and tell him about the other kid. He gets kind of suspicious, and by some twist of fate, we see him come back into the cafeteria for some reason, presumably to wait for his folks to pick him up. Our club sponsor calls him over; he asks the kid to empty his bag.

After taking out his notebooks and DSes, he claims not to have the stolen cards. I, of course, don't believe him, and in what seemed like a rude move at the time, shove him aside and start rummaging through every inch of his bag. He latched onto me trying to yank me aside aggressively, claiming with all his might that he never stole anything.

Finally, I come across a small, box-like object. I ask what it is, and he says it's his phone, as he tucks away the massive 4.3-inch Droid in his hand into his back pocket. I tell him it feels and weights about the same as a deck of cards, open this awfully well hidden backpack slot, and there they are: the stolen cards. Now, mind you, this is high school, so the punishment is rather harsh for something as seemingly minuscule as theft. So then, he breaks down like a child who just knocked over mommy and daddy's picture frames, and as we are all forced out of the club room and through the school's front doors, we can still hear him scream three full school wings over.

So yeah, it's not an epic tale of adventure and recovery; I'm sorry to have disappointed you all...

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter:

GuSolarFlare

@GuardianKing that was cool story! I'd act as a detective all the time when stuff like this happened... but when I was in high school they'd always say "if it wasn't to study we hold no responsibility over it" so no one was ever punished for this kind of thing there...

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

Kyloctopus

I went ziplining. It was a nice place. I pretended I was in a 3D Maneuver Gear, from Attack on Titan.
@GuardianKing You are awesome. For that story alone, I'm putting you on my favorite NL users list.

Edited on by Kyloctopus

Kyloctopus

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter:

Magikarp3

@GuardianKing That used to happen a lot at my old primary schools too, except we'd never call people out on it because we knew that all the principal would do was ban the cards outright. Having fun was more important than holding on to some rare cards, and plus we'd all leave the super rare ones at home. The funny thing is, we all knew which people were stealing, so every time we bumped into them afterwards we'd be really shifty to watch them panic xD

...man I was part of a mean bunch of friends

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

RR529

All the Churches in town banded together & renovated some houses around the city, and ours was one of them!

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Mickey

So we just went through our "Church Sunday Sing-a-Song Marathon WHAT THE HECK EVER BECAUSE I DON'T REMEMBER WHAT IT WAS ACTUALLY CALLED" thing! So I told myself beforehand that I'd rest my voice until me and my sisters went up to sing and... I actually did a great job on that!... on the first song. I fought with myself over this earlier today. See: The second song was "Leaning On The Everlasting Arms" and our old song leader used to have us sing it every Sunday morning... and I sort of became sentimental about it since he left. I fought with myself because we rarely get to sing it nowadays and I didn't want to pass up on this once-in-a-couple-months-or-so chance. To make matters worse, the new song leader mentioned that "when I came to this Church, you guys were used to singing this song every sunday. You probably don't even need your Hymnbooks for this one!" So... the song starts... I sing softly... then I just flat-out give up and sing at the top of my lungs because I am a weak man. Afterwards, I tell my Sister and she says "It's better to be warmed-up anyway" and I silently agree... then we start "He Keeps Me Singing" and I don't even try to sing softly there. I was sentimental about that song before our old song leader sang it and before we [my family and I] even moved to Tennessee so I wasn't gonna pretend I'd have any luck in singing it while making sure I didn't tire my vocal chords. So that's over, already I'm hoping I haven't damaged my voice or tired it out before our performance... then they sing "Thank You For Giving To The Lord". It should not be allowed to sing sad songs AT THE BLASTED CHURCH SUNDAY SING-A-SONG MARATHON WHATEVER IT WAS CALLED! It's just gonna choke the singers up and impair their ability to sing! So once that's over, I'm wiping the tears out of my eyes, then the song leader motions to us and, as it turns out, WE'RE NEXT! GREAT! So we barely sing it and walk back to our seats as soon as we're done. Ugh. Then "The Staff Trio" (Our Pastor, Song Leader, and Youth Pastor. I know it's corny, I go to a corny Church.) comes and sings it's second song! And it's a song I'd heard before! Then it dawns on me: "What if they sing 'Beaula Land'!" and I suddenly start crossing my fingers, hoping that I get to hear them utter the word "Beaula" in their heavy, southern accents once again... they do their third song... they close the sing-song with their fourth... no Beaula... oh well. It was still loads of fun to be there and that's what's really important in the end when you get right down to it.

GuardianKing wrote:

Mickey wrote:

GuardianKing wrote:

I got a perfect hundred on my math quiz.

Insert a GIF of the Genie (from Aladdin)'s jaw dropping because I'm the Disney guy.

...personally, I don't see how that's hard.

Personally, I think you're selling yourself short on that. (Assuming this is on a 1 to 100 scale) a 70 would've been cool, 80 would've been awesome, 90 would've been worthy of a loud "DUUUUDE!!!", 98 would've been worthy of a "DUUUUDE!!! THAT'S TOTALLY COOL AND AWESOME"... 100 is... it's just...
Untitled

Edited on by Mickey

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat

Turnip

My order of Rocket Slime 3DS just shipped, and I was able to pre-order Hometown story today! On top of that, my cold went away after what seems like forever, so I'm a happy camper.

Cringing is really fun.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.