Forums

Topic: NintendoLife Artists Thread

Posts 781 to 800 of 2,532

1UP_MARIO

@Zuljaras wow. This has come out really good. Great size too (like a amiibo). Looking at the earlier pics, I thought it was bigger.

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

ThanosReXXX

@1UP_MARIO Which is the exact reason why I requested a size comparison...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

1UP_MARIO

@ThanosReXXX I would’ve suggested the same but you got there first 😉.

ThanosReXXX

@1UP_MARIO It's the thought that counts. I asked for all of us, and apparently, I wasn't the only one curious...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Zuljaras

@Link-Hero The smoothing is done while still soft or while not painted with some kind of file but I wanted to make it with just hands and the carving tools

As for the hands initially I made them just like in the pokedex but then I decided that I want one of them to be next to its body and the other a little further. I don't know why

ThanosReXXX

@Link-Hero Irritating you? Seriously? It's just a bit of hobby art, nothing to get annoyed about, I would think...

ThanosReXXX

@Link-Hero I didn't really think you were, but I was wondering, so I figured I'd just ask to make sure.

1UP_MARIO

@Zuljaras I’m not really a Pokemon fan but thank you for the thought.
This will sell well if you try Etsy.

ThanosReXXX

@Zuljaras That's a thanks, but no thanks for me. I appreciate the offer, and I applaud your skills, but I'm really not that big of a Pokémon fan.

Tyranexx

The following are likely a little out of character for this thread, but I wanted to share some images of drawings that I found in my old third grade notebook; I rediscovered it while going through some of my things a few months ago. These were drawn at the height of the initial Pokemon craze here in North America. Forgive my poor third grade spelling. XD

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

(I'm pretty sure the reason Kakuna is green is due to the fact that the yellow marker ran out by that point. There was a Pikachu drawing as well, but it was very hard to see.)

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Anti-Matter

@Tyranexx
LOL 🤣🤣🤣
The spelling....
Actually i have some sketches on note book when i was college age.
It was about the fatherhood of main character in Harvest Moon a Wonderful Life.
I have played the PS2 version long time ago and got two different endings. Somehow it inspired me to create my own life stage of the kids from Harvest Moon a Wonderful Life.
My sketches had no color with a few Engrish words.
I created my own life stage after i have touched a bit from the storyline progress that was really linear but had something touching at the end (very predictable though).
Well, let's see if i can find my old sketches....
And if i have enough time, i think i will recreate my old sketches with better design and added with color as well.

Anti-Matter

Tyranexx

@Anti-Matter Cool! I'd like to see those. I'm by no means an artist; I wanted to be one around that age (I was 8 or 9 when those were drawn), but I learned long ago that I can never live off of my art. XD I do like to draw a little now and again, but moments when I can sit down to do that sort of thing are few and far between.

There was a still life that I did on a sticky note at work that isn't half bad though....I worked on it over time Lol.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

Anti-Matter

@Tyranexx
Well, i have found my sketches.

Become Farmer
Untitled

Become Scientist
Untitled

Anti-Matter

Tyranexx

@Anti-Matter Those are really good! Pretty neat representations of the stages of family life for different job fields. I just wish I could read some of the penciled in dialogue better. I'm on a laptop with a 16 inch screen even.

ThanosReXXX

@Zuljaras Looks pretty good, man. Might need a modest touch of a little rainbow or silver glitter, to give it that typical Christmas figurine feel, but other than that, really well done. Too bad Christmas is already over, but at least you've got something really nice to put on display next year.

Zuljaras

I will post here as well in case people do not visit the Chit-Chat thread.

So I finally painted the Unholy Warrior!
I apologise in advance for the terrible lighting!
Here is a video:

And here are 2 photos (again in the same dreadful lighting):

Untitled
Untitled

The metal plates and the sword on him are painted with metallic paint to simulate real metal.
His armor and weapon are rusted and only show little of his former glory!

Edited on by Zuljaras

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic