Forums

Topic: NintendoLife Artists Thread

Posts 2,621 to 2,640 of 2,753

Pastellioli

@Eel Very nice! I really like the black shading. I never shade with black because I risk ruining drawings, but I love it when others shade with black. It's always used masterfully and gives off a nice effect. The mushroom cap sort of gives me sunset vibes with the colors.

A random gamer that loves retro games, squirrels, and sleeping.

Currently playing: Hatsune Miku: Colorful Stage! (Mobile) and Yo-Kai Watch 2: Fleshy Souls (3DS)

Switch Friend Code: SW-1834-9478-0593

Eel

@Zuljaras I used an acrylic paint marker over the dry watercolor. (The gray on the floor is a generic alcohol marker).

@Pastellioli Oh when I began adding the black lines I was very much afraid it was already ruined hahaha. It kind of got better as I kept going at it.

[Edited by Eel]

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Pastellioli

@Eel A lot of artists say you should "never shade with black" but I think that shading with black is really cool and looks clean, though of course when shading with black it can be a bit risky and you might think the picture is ruined at first, but I think it's just trusting the process as you go along. A lot of comic book and manga artists, as well as video game artists like Shigenori Soejima (with several artworks he made for Persona 5) do such a splendid job with shading with black, plus it can also convey a mood, like a more gritty or serious one.

A random gamer that loves retro games, squirrels, and sleeping.

Currently playing: Hatsune Miku: Colorful Stage! (Mobile) and Yo-Kai Watch 2: Fleshy Souls (3DS)

Switch Friend Code: SW-1834-9478-0593

Eel

@Pastellioli oh I love when they do the thick solid black shadows, like in the The Dark Spire.

@Zuljaras Since it’s a paint marker, I just thought it would be best to avoid wetting it too much. It applied fine over this brand of watercolor, mainly because it’s basically just ink so it’s pretty flat and it dries quick.

[Edited by Eel]

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

OctolingKing13

@Zuljaras omg that looks absolutely AMAZING !!!

afk for a lot of fall, very busy month! still spying on yall :3

Zuljaras

@Eel I used that for his pupils but I guess the face was not smooth enough.

BUT the good news is that if you look at it from 2-3 meters away and squint your eyes it looks fantastic!

[Edited by Zuljaras]

Anti-Matter

Dancing Sword Kick by Tsurugi from my Boxing Tunes 4.
Untitled

Anti-Matter

Yousef-

Cool shoutout to Shrek there, also great sculpture

How to reach me out: 👇👇👇👇
Discord: yousef. (All lowercase with fullstop at the end)
Bluesky: yousef7
Email: [email protected] (don’t worry, it’s my non-private email for chatter)
PSN: Kat170499
You can contact me just to say hi.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7391-1388-5607 | My Nintendo: Yousef

Snatcher

@Zuljaras I always hated those things in oot I mean I know you just block them but still lol! I the way you got it to stand airborne was creative as well.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

I’m very much alive!

Current obsession: Persona 4 golden!

Snatcher

@Zuljaras If you’re able find one for a nice price I don’t see any harm going for it!

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

I’m very much alive!

Current obsession: Persona 4 golden!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic