Forums

Topic: NintendoLife Artists Thread

Posts 1,301 to 1,320 of 1,382

Zuljaras

@ThanosReXXX It is full on hold for now. It would require too much clay to finish and then I won't have a place to put it on. Also the buildings are all in the wrong size compared to each other.

It was definitely a stupid endeavor on my side I love HoMM games too much!

And now I have to manage your Zeus between my programming lectures and job

So there is zero chance of even attempting to finish it!

Edited on by Zuljaras

Zuljaras

ThanosReXXX

@Zuljaras Ah, I see. A bit more ambitious of a project than you might have been able to guess before you started, huh?

Too bad, though. It most certainly looked promising, but I can understand the decision.

ogo79 wrote:

@Zuljaras is a good man, ive told everyone in my family what he did for me.
even though im patient
i cannot wait until it gets here, as it shipped already.
im excited for you, as it appears hes going to make you a masterpiece as well. cant wait to see it in the works.

He sure is, and I'll be looking forward to whatever he comes up with. I could suggest a style that I might have in my head, or might possibly prefer, but I've decided to let that go, and let him do his thing. That way, it'll truly be a one-off original, much like your statuette.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Zuljaras

@ThanosReXXX I am open to a style you like to be honest as right now I only have some basic ideas in my head

Zuljaras

ThanosReXXX

@Zuljaras Well, that would kind of go against what I just said in my previous comment, now wouldn't it?
But, if that helps you in any way, I'll try and explain at least what my basic idea is. I hope you can use that to your advantage.

What I'm looking for is a more serious representation, so not something along the lines of what you can now for example see in that Ubisoft game that's currently out, even though the still images that they released prior to the game made him look pretty cool, albeit still kind of fat and not muscular enough for a king of the gods:
Untitled
But now that I've played the demo and watched the cut scene in the introduction, I'm actually quite disappointed how he ultimately looks in the game itself:

As you can see, it's kind of the same as the initial drawing, but it looks more cheap, and the face and eyes look like one of those cheap knock-off dolls that you could buy from a Chinese website...

I suppose the key words are regal, powerful and commanding. Mind you, it doesn't have to be super-realistic, so it can still be an artistic representation instead of the "actual" image of Zeus from any of his real life statues:
Untitled
Untitled
But just not too cartoony, that's the most important thing.

There's plenty of artistic representations that do him more justice, provided of course that one feels that an imaginary being should be done justice. For me, it's more a thing of respecting ancient cultures and traditions, and the Greek culture is simply the one I'm the most interested in, and as such, I also value and respect the original representations of these stories and characters, rather than the comic book ones.

Here's some examples, but don't let these influence you too much. Just think of them as inspiration and/or examples of "along the lines of" what I'm looking for, so you could also combine elements from several of them, as you see fit. It needs to be a Zuljaras OriginalTM after all, and not a "made to order EXACTLY how ThanosReXXX wants it"...
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

And hey, if it makes your head spin too much trying to make sense of all of that, you could always choose to go for the Minotaur instead...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Zuljaras

@ThanosReXXX Perfect. I want to make Zeus actually terrifying like he is supposed to be. Muscular and with electricity and with completely white eyes.

Zuljaras

ThanosReXXX

@Zuljaras Good. I'm pretty sure I'm going to enjoy the entire process, from wire frame to paint job, so I'm REALLY looking forward to what you have in mind. And thanks a million times for putting in the effort. I will not forget, and I'm already cooking up a reward scheme of my own...

ogo79

ThanosReXXX wrote:

@Zuljaras Ah, I see. A bit more ambitious of a project than you might have been able to guess before you started, huh?

Too bad, though. It most certainly looked promising, but I can understand the decision.

ogo79 wrote:

@Zuljaras is a good man, ive told everyone in my family what he did for me.
even though im patient
i cannot wait until it gets here, as it shipped already.
im excited for you, as it appears hes going to make you a masterpiece as well. cant wait to see it in the works.

He sure is, and I'll be looking forward to whatever he comes up with. I could suggest a style that I might have in my head, or might possibly prefer, but I've decided to let that go, and let him do his thing. That way, it'll truly be a one-off original, much like your statuette.

just dont request a naked zeus

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

ogo79

@Zuljaras
btw what color is that skelly stand? it looks forest green...

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Zuljaras

@ogo79 It is dark green and there is some forest green mixed in.

Zuljaras

ogo79

@Zuljaras
i knew it, at least i thought it was a green color, man that is perfect, it really pops with the figure.
ive been wondering how is sonic doing?

the_shpydar wrote:

Zuljaras

@ogo79 Sonic is doing ok. He does not like being touched and is being very aggressive but from time to time there is a glimpse of calmness in him

If I knew he would survive a return to the wilderness I would have let him go but now I can't as he really likes hedgehog food. At least when holding him on his belly he does not try to bite my hand off

Zuljaras

ogo79

@Zuljaras
he probably needs you, and got used to yall, didnt you post a vid of him in a bubble bath?
cant find it anywhere

the_shpydar wrote:

Zuljaras

@ogo79 Yes and the weird thing is that he does not bite when in the bath Weird basic wild animal he is

Zuljaras

ThanosReXXX

@ogo79 I'm not requesting anything. He's going to have free reign, so I'll let myself be surprised by whatever he comes up with. And I don't really have a thing for naked men either, so not to worry.

Besides, a Zeus without some kind of robe wouldn't really be very regal at all...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

ogo79

ThanosReXXX wrote:

@ogo79 I'm not requesting anything. He's going to have free reign, so I'll let myself be surprised by whatever he comes up with. And I don't really have a thing for naked men either, so not to worry.

Besides, a Zeus without some kind of robe wouldn't really be very regal at all...

hahahahaha robe-less zeus limited edition

the_shpydar wrote:

Zuljaras

@ThanosReXXX I have started Zeus. Currently I am in the very first rough stage of sculpting his body. Keep in mind that some/most of that will be covered by his majestic robe!

Untitled
Untitled

Zuljaras

ogo79

Zuljaras wrote:

@ThanosReXXX I have started Zeus. Currently I am in the very first rough stage of sculpting his body. Keep in mind that some/most of that will be covered by his majestic robe!
Untitled
Untitled

starts bid to piss off @ThanosReXXX
nah man, im just messing with you.
Untitled
once @Zuljaras is on a roll it appears you cant stop him.
for whatever reason youve decided to commit this commission, you are a fantastic human being.
im looking forward to my package, and @ThanosReXXX project
www.zuljarasoriginals.com

the_shpydar wrote:

GrailUK

Can't wait to see the finished piece!

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Zuljaras

@ogo79 Thanks!

@ThanosReXXX Here is the face!

Untitled

It looks goofy now but I have to attach it to the body and add more beard and hairs!

Zuljaras

BruceCM

Looking good so far, @Zuljaras .... I'm sure it'll be awesome when it's finished

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic