Forums

Topic: NintendoLife Artists Thread

Posts 1,281 to 1,300 of 2,535

tekoii

Hey y'all, wanted to ask about Art Accessories and Software. I recently got an Ipad Pro, outside of using it as a tablet, I want to use it to improve as an artist. What accessories or software would you guys recommend?

🍄 MK8D ▶️ Youtube 🎨 DeviantArt

Zuljaras

@tekoii I have iPad Air and I draw only on it now. I have a Cintiq 16 but I do mot use it since I fot the iPad.

I've put a glass protector to keep it safe and ofc you 100% need to get the Apple Pencil 2.

As for software there is nothing better than ProCreate it costs 10$ forever no monthly payments.

I also bought Art Studio Pro. Same as ProCreate and again only one payment. It reminds me of Photoshop but the UI is hard to get used to at first.

And that is ALL you need in order to get the max out of your iPad in terms of drawing.

I also started doing pixel art on the iPad as it is very convenient and I am no longer bound to my desk

Edited on by Zuljaras

Anti-Matter

I designed the Math worksheet grade 1 & 2 for Math Club extracurricular like these.

Grade 1
Untitled

Grade 2
Untitled

Anti-Matter

Snatcher

@Anti-Matter Thats actually pretty cool dude.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

tekoii

@Zuljaras Thanks man appreciate the info! Ahh right, I even see ProCreate on the app store as #1, literally lol. I appreciate the 1x payment of $10. Just how I like it, cause I really don't like recurring payments.

You also do pixel art on your iPad now? Mobile pixel art? That sounds awesome. What do you use for pixel art on your iPad or home computer? Pixel art is something too I would love to learn. Thanks for the help

Zuljaras

@tekoii on my PC I used the good old MS Paint and on my iPad I use procreate with specific brushes for pixel art. ProCreate is NOT made for pixel art but I got used to it pretty fast.

I just lie in my bed and got idea for a new enemy or environment asset and I just open the iPad and start drawing right away.

It is so freeing that I can just start drawing in 3 seconds tops I love it and I am a huge Apple hater. I still am but the iPads are the ultimate artists tool. Especially the new ones! Also the Apple Pencil 2 is amazing. Expensive but amazing!

tekoii

@Zuljaras Ahh okay.. i thought you might be using other software for pixel art. For me, I gotta have more free time before hoppin into another thing xD. For now, I gotta focus on my Youtube channel and on drawing XD! Totally hear ya on the convenience factor of tablets. I relate with ya there on Apple, I've always been a PC dude. The Apple Pencil 2 is pretty snazzy Again thanks for the recommends on Procreate, gotta grab that soon!

Edited on by tekoii

reporterdavid

Untitled

In 2018 I send some selfmade drawings to a Christian tv channel, it was supposed to be for the channel's magazine, but i came on tv during commercials for a whole month

Last month i also found one of my drawings in a children's comic magazine. I dont want to say that I am the best drawer in the world, but I loved to see some things published.

Edited on by reporterdavid

Have a nice day. Voiceactor: The Pirates! (Sony/Aardman 2012) - The Passion: A Brickfilm (Neema 2019) - The Torchlighters: The Story of John Newton (Vision Video 2022)

tekoii

It's been and continues to be one of the best crossover games ever. Whoever that last character is...
I'm ready for the last Smash Character!!! It's been a blessing to have the Super Smash Brothers <3

Here's an animated box-art I made for Super Smash Brawl.
Untitled

Edited on by tekoii

Snatcher

@tekoii I'm not! Sob

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

Snatcher

@tekoii I really would want one more, But I know this is the end, the last time we will ever get a game like this ever again.

tekoii

@Snatcher I so feel you on that, I would LOVE <3 a 3rd pack. Yea.. it is weird, the last time we get a Smash fighter. Sobs too I wonder where Smash goes from here.. Oh btw just @ me at that one Smash forum so we don't put too much smash stuff in here xD.

tekoii

@AnimatorJC Looks pretty cool, I can only imagine how difficult this is to create.

@Zuljaras Nice, I like the design. It's pretty interesting seeing how you make it too though.

There was this charity event on Deviant Art where we had to draw a tutorial cat!
Draw a Cat with ChrissaBug
I had a busy week but quickly I made a drawing using Procreate (lol) so I can participate and have an entry for the event. So this is my piece:

'A Fox in Dread Armor'
Untitled

Though, I am thinking on touching the piece up when time clears up for me a little.

Edited on by tekoii

Snatcher

@tekoii OMG he looks so cute!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic