Forums

Topic: Nintendo Life Book Club

Posts 481 to 500 of 583

moomin

Berlin Alexanderplatz has been interesting so far. It kind of takes the Good Man Corrupted By Society trope but makes it Terrible Man Further Corrupted By Society. There's something very compelling about seeing the protagonist ruining his life and learning absolutely nothing.

There's man all over for you, blaming on his boots the faults of his feet.

moomin

Finished the Plague. I don't think Camus has much of an eye for aesthetics but the Plague is more a novel of ideas so I guess that's to be expected. Anyway, I enjoyed the Stranger more. I started on Gass' In the Heart of the Heart of the country. I'm on track with 7 books out of my goal of 52.

card-crunch78

I just got the first volume in the official Splatoon manga series from Amazon. This is gonna be my first manga that I'll be collecting.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

XandertheWise

This month of April besides me still busy with Dune Battle of Corrin, Imi also going to be reading Star Wars High Republic Fallen Star and the Paperbacks From Hell

Edited on by XandertheWise

XandertheWise

Magician

My background noise while at work for the next few days.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Rambler

@moomin noticed you mentioned German literature above.
Totally recommend Steppenwolf and the Glass Bead Game by Hermann Hesse.
Also Germanic if not German - Kafka and Elfriede Jelinek

Rambler

moomin

Kafka is great, haven't read Steppenwolf but I loved Siddhartha. Hell I didnt even realize Hesse was German(/Swiss) lol. I'm kind of in the mood for non-fiction. I finished an 800 page political biography of Deng Xiaoping (I like hoarding knowledge about the PRC like weirdo).

Kermit1doesmath

@Diogmites that store sounds like it would make a great book. Sounds like you had quite the adventure.

dysgraphia awareness human

Eel

It sounds like the start of a good horror movie!

Seems like a really interesting place. I bet you could find some other interesting things there, books and more.

I really wish I never lent my thrifted hardback copy of Jurassic Park to my sister in law, she disappeared the book like it was a magic trick. I miss that book.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Kermit1doesmath

@Diogmites sounds like we might be in for another great post then! Your story there was really interesting, 10/10 would read it again.

@Eel maybe a dinosaur ate it

dysgraphia awareness human

moomin

I've been reading more stuff about China. There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of writing about Jiang Zemin but I've got a basic idea of the Hu Jintao years.

XandertheWise

i have 3 books to keep me busy this summer

Anne Rice's Servant of the Bones
re-reading Star Wars Empire Strikes Back From a Certain Point of View. the new one which is Return of the Jedi From a Certain Point of View comes out later this year in August or September

and Wheel of Time Path of Daggers paperback which I just got in the mail a half hour ago earlier today

XandertheWise

card-crunch78

My new thing is that once a month I'm going to Barnes & Noble and buying $20 worth of books. In June I got the junior novels for "Elemental" and "The Little Mermaid" (remake) and the D-Day story in the "I Survived" series (stories of historical wars and tragedies from a random person's POV)

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Eel

Ah I got The Office BFFs . It’s a different type of book, more like reading a podcast really, but it’s been so nice so far.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

jedgamesguy

I've not been reading much, so much as writing my own book. It's a history of Nintendo funnily enough. Almost got up to the DS launch and I'm around 560 pages down.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Bunkerneath

Going through the Brandon Sanderson Cosmere at the moment, just finished reading all the Stormlight books, then went Elantris and now have gone back to the Mistborns (They were the first ones I read of his and it got me hooked)

I AM ERROR

Switch Friend Code: SW-5538-4050-1819 | 3DS Friend Code: 1633-4650-1215 | My Nintendo: Bunkerneath | Nintendo Network ID: Bunkerneat | Twitter:

card-crunch78

Check out what I ordered on Prime Day!

Untitled

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Princess_Lilly

I'm going back to the classics

The Moomins

Princess_Lilly

Rambler

Alice in Sunderland by Bryan Talbot, and, as a contrast, Autumn by Ali Smith

Rambler

moomin

@Princess_Lilly Good idea

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic