Forums

Topic: Movie thread.

Posts 6,601 to 6,611 of 6,611

Sunsy

Last night, watched Garfield on DVD, the older live action one from 2004. Haven't seen this movie in years, had a good time watching it.

Also, the new trailer for The Wild Robot dropped today...

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

steruphan

@Sunsy
The Wild Robot looks absolutely amazing!
It's been on my most anticipated movies list for a while now and I can't wait for its release.

Shining Light on Stories Told

Anti-Matter

I have watched Garfield 2024 movie from my local cinema for 3 times.
It wasn't really good movie in my opinion, not really funny movie also but the fatherhood of Garfield and his father Victor near the end of story was really touched me (I was literally dropped my tiny tears when watching those scenes).

Anti-Matter

steruphan

Surprisingly, I liked The Watchers better than I feared I would. That's not to say this is a good movie though, but it's not the train wreck I expected.

The directing and acting is fine and the movie doesn't rely on jump scares but a sense of dread, which is always a plus in my book, and there are some genuinely tense moments to be had.
The writing and editing though leave a lot to be desired. As does the cinematography, which is way too dark in certain scenes. The lore they're trying to establish doesn't make much sense and the plot has as many holes as a colander.

Still... could have been worse.

CRB1984

Bad Boys: Ride or Die! It was surprisingly pretty good for the FOURTH movie in the franchise 👍🏼

Switch Name: CRB1984
FC: SW-5658-8476-2295

Anti-Matter

I have watched Inside Out 2 for 2 times at my local cinema XXI.
It was okay movie, not really emotional evoking for me.
The only thing that made me giggle when I saw something looks like Dora the explorer or Mickey Mouse Clubhouse in the movie.
I mean...really ? 🤭

Anti-Matter

Tasuki

I watched Mad Max Fury Road tonight. I know it came out nearly 10 years ago, but I was hesitant to see it fearing that it was just going to be another crash grab on the 80s craze, boy was I wrong. I really enjoyed it alot and it does earn a place in the Mad Max universe. It is probably my second favorite in the series right behind Mad Max 2. I though Tom Hardy did a great job as Max and the action was great. Definitely worth a watch especially if you like action movies.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

steruphan

@Tasuki
I love Fury Road. It's such a visceral thrill ride from start to finish.
Shame Furiosa couldn't live up to it. Still a good movie though.

DanijoEX-the-Pierrot

Been on monster film hunt recently. My latest is Gamera the Brave. Honestly, I consider it better than what most people have said about it. I love that it does it's own thing rather than do what the trilogy had already done.

My next hunt is X the Unknown. Saw on cable one time. Thought it was WAAAAY better than compared to The Blob imo. Or the H-Man. Three "blob monster" films. From the US, UK, & JP. Made in the late 50's.

I sell my famous Chesapeake Tupperware.
I ACCEPT NO DEBIT CARDS!
DO YOU HEAR ME!?!

Twitter:

Tasuki

@steruphan I haven't seen Furiosa yet hopefully on my next day off I can hit the theater. But yeah Fury Road was just non stop, I think it was because how it was done as one big chase sequence which I loved.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic