Forums

Topic: Movie thread.

Posts 5,241 to 5,260 of 6,555

jump

With people talking about how good the Chucky show is I've put on both Curse & Cult Of Chucky so I'm upto speed before watching it.

I was expecting a schlocky horror but I was pleasantly surprised as they are pretty decent particularly Curse which is clever and felt like a genuine horror whilst Cult does go into silly areas too often I do however like the ending of having it's cake and eating too by mild spoilers having the bad guys win AND not having the good guys die.

I'm all set for the show now!

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Rambler

@jump
That play version sounds mental. I never got round to seeing all that 90s stuff (Sarah Kane, Mark Ravenhill, etc), but even the Duchess of Malfi is full on, like the bit where they try to make her go mad by dragging the bodies of her kids about.
Having said that, I've never seen a production of The Changling - that totally gives Lars Von Trier, Gaspar Noe a run for their money.

A film version of Animal Crossing done in the style of Dogville?

Rambler

Sunsy

For those who like animated movies, Illumination announced Migration. The birds look cute, but don't know if I'm going to see it in theaters, may wait for it to come to Peacock. My December plan is already going to be see as many Trolls Band Together showings I can go to. Really want to enjoy the new Trolls movie in theaters as much as I can.

For those who are interested or curious, there's a teaser out (with mostly clips from previous movies and a current one, teaser starts at 0:59 in).

Edited on by Sunsy

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Sunsy

@Owl1 Agreed, the birds look cute as I said, and the world looks beautiful. I'm not an Illumination hater, I wouldn't mind seeing it at some point. Just have my favorite movie series as something I want to see more since Trolls comes out in mid November, and will most likely play through December maybe early January.

It's one I'm going to keep an eye on at least.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Kermit1doesmath

@Sunsy I agree! I'm probably gonna wait and rent this. My most hyped movies of the year are two Roald Dahl book adaptations, one is by Wes Anderson and the other is by the Paddington crew.

Trolls 3 looks fun, I enjoyed the other 2.

dysgraphia awareness human

Sunsy

@Owl1 Yeah, sometimes you just want to see a movie that interests you more. Still would like to see it later on though. Cool, hope you enjoy both movies when the time comes.

It does so far, glad you do like them. My friend and I want to see this one in theaters multiple times, especially what happened with Trolls World Tour skipping theaters in 2020. We both did eventually see Trolls World Tour in theaters, albeit a special summer event showing that a local theater did for two days. This one is a regular release at least.

XandertheWise

Trying to decide on what to watch on Tubi tonight.

Stake Land or Attack of the 5'2 Women

XandertheWise

XandertheWise

@Owl1 ive seen it before a few times on an old VHS recording tape when i was in high school in the mid late 1990s. It spoofs on Nancy Kerrigan and Tonya Harding and Lorena Bobbit.

XandertheWise

jump

@Colonel_Mustache pfft, Godzilla poops on both John Wiick and Jason Bourne with loads more films!

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Hydra_Spectre

So, Pokémon: Detective Pikachu, the Sonic the Hedgehog movies, The Super Mario Bros. Movie, and even the Monster Hunter movie all have one thing in common: Toho (of Godzilla, My Hero Academia, and Your Name. fame) coproduced all those movies.
Maybe Toho can work with the Hollywood studios that were the main producers, as well as the game companies, for a Super Smash Bros. Cinematic Universe.
We can probably even have Hideaki Anno or Makoto Shinkai working on a Nintendo movie. I would love a Star Fox movie with muppets for the main characters and Toho's signature practical miniature effects tokusatsu for the ships.

Also, it's ironic that two Toho animated films are premiering against each other internationally: The Super Mario Bros. Movie and Makoto Shinkai's latest film Suzume.

Emulation and preservation advocate. Tails fan.
The 3DS looks best with the 3D Slider set to Full.
Metal Gear will never die.
Healing through content creation.
Regularly watches films in 35mm at the cinema.
#SonicMovieSweep #GhibliSweep #MiyazakiSweep

MontyCircus

Just saw "Air" today (the Nike/Michael Jordan movie). I got the book for Christmas (Shoe Dog by the Nike founder, a classic business book), so this was an easy decision to go and see for me.

It was good old-fashioned Hollywood biopic-type flick. It is exactly what you would expect, nothing more than that. It reminds me of "Moneyball" and I've heard that elsewhere as well. A lot of the enjoyment for me were the nods to the 80s: music, fashion, hair, technology, it really brings back that decade if you lived through it.

MontyCircus

Rambler

Watched Lynch/Oz last night.
It's a series of video essays about the influence of The Wizard of Oz on David Lynch, which is, of course, well documented.
It's a pretty good watch, tying the reveal of the wizard to lynch's contrast of the artifice of Americana with society's dark depths, along with the horrors in the film that seem to be glossed over by the narrative (Dorothy kills two people!). The film only comments briefly about his move from a small town to poverty- and crime-ridden Philadelphia, which he has commented upon as having a massive impact on his world view.
Also the use of curtains throughout his films, which I didn't really appreciate.
The film expands to encompass Judy Garland herself (Judy is the big baddie in Twin Peaks, and one of its characters is Garland Briggs), and the contrast between her public and private lives.

There's a section done by John Waters, which, wile really interesting, is mainly about his own output (?), and to me, that kinda spoils the overall flow of the film. But David Lowery's section at the end (the others are academics, I think?) is a good finisher, coming from an angle of the obsessive video watcher finding the darkness.

Rambler

Snatcher

@Colonel_Mustache it really does I sure, and it’s not even there fault they just animate the thing.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Snatcher

@Colonel_Mustache I hope they get paid well for that sort of think as well. It’s my fault, I should have quoted it.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

Snatcher

@Colonel_Mustache same. Considering this thread usually sees inactivity for a bit.

RR529

Mario Movie 4K Steelbook is Best Buy exclusive in the US apparently.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic