Forums

Topic: NintendoLife Cooks Thread

Posts 261 to 265 of 265

skywake

Figured I'd post some of my recent Ice Cream adventures. Made a ginger ice cream a while back that turned out very well indeed. Trick is to make sure you cook it out, so the ginger rounds off into the milk, and let it chill before churning

Also did a Kaffier Lime and Coconut ice cream which worked out. Tried one with chilli also, it was ok, I think chilli/chocolate works better if I was to do a chilli icecream. The coconut/lime combo is a tad too... clean for chilli... it works but that flavour combo just goes better with savoury

This week's icecream, having a go at Easter flavours. So got out some cinnamon to try and be a bit "hot cross buns". But then for some reason figured nutmeg, ginger, apple. Worked alright but is basically like an apple crumble icecream rather than an "Easter" one. Maybe I cut the nutmeg next spin around and go a bit more cinnamon/raisin

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

WiiWareWave

To make good instant gravy from seasoning packs stir it into the water thoroughly leaving no lumps, and then constantly stir it with it cooking on medium-low heat on the stove until it thickens and remove it from the burner. Serve within 5-10 minutes for hot lump-free and tasty gravy! Works with pretty much any flavour of gravy!

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

Switch Friend Code: SW-6328-7327-5891 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

NinChocolate

@WiiWareWave a nice little trick is hold a small strainer partly immersed in the liquid and whisk your powder and/or flour within it to catch any lumping

NinChocolate

NinChocolate

@skywake those ice creams sound amazing. Chili-chocolate in particular. Have you tried chili-mango?

NinChocolate

Zuljaras

For tonight I cooked my first gyozas I filled them with beets, cabbage and carrots. Next time I will make the traditional pork gyoza recipe

Untitled

PS: In the photo they look burned but that is just the light.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic