Forums

Topic: Games You Recently Beat?

Posts 2,461 to 2,480 of 3,148

Tyranexx

I reached the end credits of Metroid Dread this past weekend. 15+ hours on my save file (Normal mode) because I insisted on getting 100% on items beforehand. XD This is an excellent, excellent Metroid game....Probably one of the better ones IMO. Plenty of upgrades, (mostly) tight controls, crazy boss fights, some genuinely challenging puzzles (more on that in a moment), AMAZING music, and an interesting plot, minimal though it was.

Complaints....I liked the E.M.M.I. at first and thought they ticked all the right boxes on paper. However, I think these encounters interfere with the pacing of the game...ESPECIALLY the later/more difficult encounters. Seriously, screw the purple one....The others weren't nearly as much of a pain. Next, the Shinespark ability. This is a fun one...when it works. I've had issues with it when it's used throughout the series. It can take a very long time to get the timing just right to solve some puzzles, not to mention some of the game's systems (doors, breakable blocks, automatically using screw attack instead of regular jumping, etc.) serve to make this more difficult in order to beat the time limit for this ability.

Overall, despite those gripes, this is an amazing Metroid title and is easily recommended.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Golfish

I recently replayed Pokémon Y (haven’t played it in a little over 3 years) and I really enjoyed myself. It was a really fun experience without the Exp. Share and Mega Evolution. Delphox remains my favorite starter and the Music is still great as always. It was still a bit easy though and I don’t really like Team Flare but it was great. (8/10)

Edited on by Golfish

Golfish

WaffleBoat

Kermit1 wrote:

@d0nkeyk0ng_jR I'm waiting for Mother 3 so I can 100% it.

I have already played mother 3 but am waiting for ODDITTY/MOTHER 4 and deltarune chapter 3 so I can 200% them lol.

I fear no man
but that thing:
The carrot minigame from bowser's inside story
it scares me

StarPoint

I just beat Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Justice for All, and I absolutely loved it. I think I enjoyed it slightly less than the first game, but I still thought it was awesome. All of the new characters introduced, especially Franziska von Karma are super memorable and fun to get to know. The storylines were all fantastic, especially the last case, holy CRAP. Probably my second-favorite case in the series so far, right behind the final case of the first game.

I have two slight complaints, though. The first is that this game feels significantly harder than the first. It seemed to me like a lot of the clues weren't super clear as to when I needed to present evidence, which is something I rarely felt in the first game. I needed to use a walkthrough way more in this game than in the first. I still really enjoyed the storyline and everything, but it felt a little less rewarding overall as a result. The second complaint is the music. It's pretty solid overall, but nowhere near as good as the first game's if you ask me. I would've preferred if they had just reused some of the songs from the first game instead, as some of the new songs were actually a bit grating to me.

But these are two issues in what is otherwise another superb entry in the Ace Attorney series. I cannot wait to play Trials and Tribulations, then the entirety of Great Ace Attorney Chronicles... sigh I was not expecting to get this invested in the series. It's just TOO GOOD.

9/10

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

Caryslan

The most recent game I beat was Super Mario Land on Expert mode. To this day, it's such a fun little Mario game that has a certain charm you can't find in any other game in the series besides it's direct sequel Super Mario Land 2.

It was fun to play this one again and beat it on expert mode!

Plus, I can't end this without praising Super Mario Land's soundtrack which is one of the best in the entire Mario Series. Especially the ending theme, which is one of the best tracks on the Game Boy.

Edited on by Caryslan

Caryslan

kkslider5552000

Well on this Capcom Fighting Collection, I beat Night Warriors: Darkstalkers' Revenge. My initial attempts at Darkstalkers 1 made me think it was gonna be a while before I beat any of these games, but uh, guess not. Not gonna pretend I entirely knew what I was doing the whole time, but pleasantly surprised I even beat one campaign once for these (as short as they are, being an old school fighting game).

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Kintypoo121

Just beat Mario 64 for the first time, was quite a ride!

Having first seen this game in Toys ‘R’ Us back in 1996, it blew my tiny little mind. Playing through it now I can see how amazing it was for its time, granted, it can be rough in spots now (that camera, argh!), but it was still enjoyable and each level was crammed with neat little secrets and routes. It can be punishingly difficult at times too, didn’t expect that after the breeze that Odyssey was!

Kintypoo121

Tounushi

The most recent game on Nintendo for me has been Donkey Kong Country Returns on 3DS. Haven't done a 100% run on it, but I unlocked the temple and beat the extra levels.

Most recent games overall have been Vampyr and Mead Crafter. I'd been meaning to play Vampyr for the entire lockdown. You know, because of the Spanish Flu backstory. I'd installed it in 2020 and I only started playing it this summer. Did a tea totaller run.
Mead Crafter's a little match 3 game about making booze out of fruits, spices and berries. Was free on Steam and was fun to go through. Had to strategize upgrade purchases to get a successful run to completion.

Tounushi

Nintendo Network ID: Tounushi

kkslider5552000

I've finally beaten Batman: Arkham Knight. Took me a long time to get to this one, considering how I played Arkham Origins before Knight had even come out. That's what happens when you don't keep up with newer hardware I guess.

My thoughts aren't dramatically different from others, in that this feels like another Arkham game but longer than it needed to be. Not surprising but a shame since, especially in hindsight, the relatively small size of Arkham City is something that I really appreciate. It was exactly as long as it needed to be, no more no less. But I am a bit kinder to some aspects than some people are. Like while it isn't perfect, the batmobile is used as well as anyone could've possibly hoped for and feels like a quality addition to the game (even if "running over criminals only shocks them" is one of the dumbest things in anything ever). And while I have issues with the story, it didn't feel as underwhelming or redundant as I heard other people say about it. It felt like a worthy sequel, in that regard. I will say despite being way too long though, after Xenoblade 2 its easy to see how much worse "needlessly extending the game's length via how it does sidequests" could be. Like I've played this game maybe 1/5 as long, despite having gotten the true ending (yes I did get every riddler trophy and every major sidequest in general).

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Dogorilla

I finished 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim today. The story was a little overly complicated in my opinion; I still can't fully get my head round everything that happened. But I got the gist and it's certainly very clever and has a beautiful art style, so it's definitely worth a look if you like visual novels or narrative-based games.

The strategy segments are nothing special but they're fun enough, although the upgrade system is a bit overwhelming with 13 characters to upgrade and almost no guidance as to what to prioritise. The final battle took me a few tries but I eventually managed to win with 1% of the terminal's defence left; another second and I'd have been dead. So that was satisfying, but I don't think I'll play the post-game battles at the moment.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

Maxenmus

Beat Digimon Survive four, five days ago and finished the True Route about two days ago. Currently trying to get the other routes while collecting items I missed. Then hopefully, I could get back to Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey Redux again since I left that game just as I was about to beat it so that I could play Digimon. lol

Maxenmus

Switch Friend Code: SW-7926-2339-9775 | 3DS Friend Code: 3539-9678-8621 | My Nintendo: Flare | Nintendo Network ID: OriusPrime

Greatluigi

Weakwood throne. I only paid a few gold points for it (49 gold points) it’s not worth it.

Greatluigi

JoeDiddley

This year I have beaten some amazing VNs on Switch. I seem to be struggling more than usual to finish jrpgs but with the narrative focus of VNs the payoff is seeing it through.

Disco Elysium, 13 Sentinels and AI Nirvana Initiative have all been top tier. Maybe it’s because 2 are ports from a couple of years ago but it seems the ‘genre’ has classics dropping all at once.

Edited on by JoeDiddley

Switch: SW-2923-8106-2126
Steam ID: joediddley
https://myanimelist.net/profile/JoeDiddley

Maxenmus

@JoeDiddley
Always nice to see a fellow VN supporter/fan. We could use more of them outside Japan.

Maxenmus

Switch Friend Code: SW-7926-2339-9775 | 3DS Friend Code: 3539-9678-8621 | My Nintendo: Flare | Nintendo Network ID: OriusPrime

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic