Forums

Topic: Everything points out to Massively disappointing E3

Posts 41 to 60 of 296

IceClimbers

@NEStalgia I'm willing to bet his expectations for 2019 are coming solely from Xenoblade X. I've seen a lot of people trying to use that game as a precedent.

Problem is, the circumstances of that game's development versus Xenoblade 2's make it impossible to use the former as precedence. With XCX, they were still learning the ropes of HD development, the game supposedly had a shift in direction mid-development, and they did a TON of experimenting. Xenoblade 2 is a more straightforward story driven game that seems to be a distant sequel to an established game and therefore set in an established world with a less demanding art style.

It shouldn't take anywhere near as much time to develop.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

MarcelRguez

@IceClimbers Yeah, they made a whole new engine for that game, which they'll surely reuse for XC2. Helps quite a bit.

And seriously, the initial reveal teaser for "X" was a dude walking through a hangar. For XC2, we saw a full-fledged trailer with recorded Japanese lines. They are in late development, probably have been since March.

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

Timppis

@MarcelRguez

I will bake a cake (delicious) that will say that I was a massive jackass and I humbly apologize to all if Xeno 2 is released this year. This I promise.

@NEStalgia

No. I won't believe them about this particular game because of the franchises history and Nintendos (good) policy of polishing their main line games instead of releasing them as scheduled.

@Monado_X

I have absolutely no problem with the stock price rising. Means more wealth for me But the grim fact is that they take as fast as they giveth.

And businesswise we can't honestly say that Nintendo has always been on money. I do believe that Switch has a good chance of success but this years E3 will not be helping in that.

Except of course for Mario. He's a winner always.

Timppis

Monado_X

@Timppis That's where I disagree with you. The only people who watch E3 are the most hardcore of the hardcore. Average consumers don't. They don't look at stuff like this, or watch Directs. They see the games online on Amazon or on advertisements, or in the store, and then decide to buy it then. They don't look at Nintendo's E3 performance or "hype." They see games and they buy them. And Nintendo has the games.

Monado_X

Aozz101x

Timppis wrote:

Nintendo told us that Online will be delayed to 2018.

cool! i can play free online for longer. and not worry about paid yearly for it yet! (which i am interested in doing.)

Timppis wrote:

Nintendo holds Pokemon Direct and gives Wii U port, two REALLY rushed pseudo sequels of already existing games and Virtual Console ONLY for 3DS.

that why i keep my expectation low.

Timppis wrote:

They didn't want to put these into E3 spotlight either, because of the backlash.

you could say the same for other backlash Nintendo Games: Paper Mario: Color Splash, Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival, Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash., Metroid Prime: FF... the list goes on!

Timppis wrote:

Now they tell us that E3 spotlight is only 30 minutes long and we already know it will focus on games launching this year.

who knows what Nintendo is up to. it could be good. it could be bad. guess will have to wait and see.

im creep out with thoese eyes... :P

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

Nin10dad

A 30 minute presentation is absolutely fine for showing off short, concise trailers! After that, we've got days of treehouse time to have an in depth look at whatever is nearing release! And f it, if worst comes to worst, at least we'll get a shed load of Odyssey footage and details! And that's fine by me.

nintendad.co.uk

Twitter @nintendad

Switch - SW-5274-3655-0708

Joeynator3000

Has everyone forgotten about the Arms & Splatoon 2 Direct? (not the Arms Direct)
If they did it like that again, 30 minutes would be perfectly fine.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Monado_X

I hope that's the norm from now on. Have two big games to focus, and then run through the rest. That would be nice.

Monado_X

TuVictus

Not saying I agree with the thread title and post, but I feel like that has been said about past E3's with no real super surprise announcements like we'd hoped (or as many). Maybe I'm mis-remembering though, but it feels like every year there's game announcements before E3 and people think there's going to be new game after non stop new game announcement during the presentation.

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

Timppis

@Monado_X

You are right that your average mom or dad who buys Switch and games for the offspring won't watch E3 but the media most certainly does as do the retailers. And if there is no hype for Switch (or there is lack of actual units for a long period of time) then there will be smaller portions dedicated to Nintendo in their magazines and their shops.

@BOBTHING

Yes. You can. Contact your banker or broker that has the access to either direct accredits to Tokyo / Osaka stock markets or buy the international share portions that are equivalent of either 1/8 of an actual share or 1/1 actual share.

There are plenty of International companies large and small that you can contact. Easiest way to do this is just to google or contact your personal bank and ask them if they can help.

Timppis

MrWarner14

I'm hopeful this E3 will be decent. Not outstanding but I'm trying to not feel like I should be overhyping something that let's face it, can be so awkward to watch. Nintendo in particular I'm hopeful can do some fun stuff for their presentation and not suffer the same continuous problems that plague E3.

MrWarner14

KryptoniteKrunch

@NEStalgia

lol My thoughts exactly about Sony's E3 shows in the last few years. While Nintendo may not annouce as many games this year at E3 or not, we can almost guarantee most of Nintendo's E3 titles will release before 2019/2020. Sadly I can't say the same for Sony and to a lesser extent, MS.

That's part of the reason why I'm not too into E3 these days anymore. I just can't get excited for all of these cinematic trailers and dry game announcements when the game isn't anywhere close to being released or it's like barely staring development.. It seems like a decent chunk of the gaming community is more into hyping games rather than playing them.

KryptoniteKrunch

Nintendo Network ID: KryptoniteKrunch

gcunit

I have reason to believe we will be getting at least a glimpse at what Retro have been doing, and that in itself is enough to look forward to.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Haru17

gcunit wrote:

I have reason to believe we will be getting at least a glimpse at what Retro have been doing, and that in itself is enough to look forward to.

That's all Nintendo needs to do really, especially if it's Metroid.

Also why would OP capitalize 'Massively,' lol. Sensationalism.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Timppis

@gcunit

What is the reason to believe? Has there been any indication of such thing?

@Haru17

Massively needed to be capitalized because of the monumental fashion of the disappointment it is going to be.

Timppis

Haru17

Timppis wrote:

Massively needed to be capitalized because of the monumental fashion of the disappointment it is going to be.

Lol are you for real Mr. Disappointment Medium?

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Timppis

@Haru17

I am Massive fanboy of Nintendo and have been such since 1989 that I got my first Nintendo related gaming device.

And Switch is awesome. I also love my Wii U even if it is fair to say that it was a catastrophical error on many ways.

But I am also way too many times been overhyped and then been let down. This time there are very clear indications (Online delay announcement, separate Pokemon Direct) that are giving away that Nintendo doesn't have a home run coming in the E3. They have done everything you are expected to do in a situation like this. Get rid of the worst news before E3 (online), Get rid of the Highest anticipation before E3 (Pokemon) and then they will try to focus on the greatest gaming franchise possible, Mario and play that up.

I have no doubts that Mario can be Awesome. 3D Marios usually are. But that won't carry Nintendo forever.

Switch is selling like hotcakes (which is a silly expressions, since no one really buys hotckakes anymore) but we are already seeing warning signs of bad scenarios, lack of units which might carry all the way to holiday season, 3rd party subpar versions of their games etc.

And E3 is still the place to raise the hype. It still is significant even if Nintendo has managed to spread their content and announcements in a very clever fashion with directs. But directs have lost a lot after Iwatas passing as well.

Switch is still young. It has a lot of potential. But it is not foretold in any prophecy that it will be a sensational hit. Nintendo has a lot of work ahead of it still.

From the looks of it. This E3 is not going to be a success. It will be that for the Mario-obsessed Ninty fans for sure. But for the industry, not so much. For a person like me? Investor and gamer and huge fanboy. Looks to be Massive disappointment, with a capital M.

Timppis

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.