Forums

Topic: Everything DC (Movies, Games, Comics, etc...)

Posts 361 to 380 of 1,460

shingi_70

Midnight3DS wrote:

I'm guessing a next gen specific Rocksteady Arkham 3? Whoa baby...

nope Batman Beyond

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

shingi_70

Midnight3DS wrote:

I'm guessing a next gen specific Rocksteady Arkham 3? Whoa baby...

nope Batman Beyond

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Tasuki

Midnight3DS wrote:

Conroy tweeted the following today...

"Confusion in Dallas! I am in new ARKHAM GAME coming soon, not ARKHAM ORIGINS coming this fall."

Maybe the Blackgate one?

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Midnight3DS

Tasuki wrote:

Midnight3DS wrote:

Conroy tweeted the following today...

"Confusion in Dallas! I am in new ARKHAM GAME coming soon, not ARKHAM ORIGINS coming this fall."

Maybe the Blackgate one?

I doubt he's referring to Blackgate, as it's closer tied to Origns. He said it's big. Next gen specific rings true to me. Arkham 3 I guess. This also, I guess, could be a possible Dini return, too. Who knows. Hopes and wishes.

His tweet was apparently deleted with the quickness...

3DS Friend Code: 5129-0855-7142 ID = Midnight

AC:NL Mayor Jambo, town of Hamneggs

shingi_70

Tpday was Green Lantern #20 the end of the nine year Green Lantern Run by Geoff Johns.
Untitled

Green Lantern 20 was an amazing emotional end to the 10 year run of Geoff Johns working on the Green Lantern series. Next month is all creative teas on each book so its a good jumping on point .

Also today's what's new in the 52 is about Wrath who's popping up in detective comics as an Anti-Batman.

Welcome to week six of What's New in The New 52 – where you, the fans, get a sneak peek at the stuff that crosses our desks. This little feature is a way to keep you all in the loop about what's new, different and exciting in The New 52 – whether it's a character design, cover, splash page or panel.

There’s no denying that Batman is one of the strongest superheroes in the DC Universe. And with access to state-of-the-art technology, the Dark Knight has incredibly resources at his disposal to aid in his efforts fighting crime.

But what if Batman used his power for evil instead of good? Enter Wrath. An all-new villain who’ll be showing up soon in the pages of DETECTIVE COMICS, Wrath is essentially the anti-Batman. He’s got all the same gadgets and vehicles as the Dark Knight – but his intentions for how they’re used couldn’t be more opposite. Mainly because they’re far more lethal …

Untitled
Untitled

WAT!

shingi_70

Yestderday's what's new in the 52 was about Scorn wraths Partner.
Untitled

The latest issue of Justice league was pretty awesome. Its the Atom, Firestorm, and Element woman are fighting Despero on the Justice League watchtower as it falls to earth. Its cool watching three rookies try and fend off one of the league's biggest foes. Out of no where Martian Manhunter appear's and shows why the rebooted version of him is so freaking awesome.
Untitled
Untitled

We find out who the Traitor on the league is among other things. The watchtower is gone as it crashes to earth and Now the league is using a Mountain as their base of operations. We also learn more about Batman and his protocols for each league member. The only persom who doesn't have an obvious weakness is WOnder Woman which is why Batman doesn't want her with superman because clark would be the best chance of stopping her if she ever went rouge.

Next month's issue is all about Shazam so no new Justice League stuff until Trinity War starts in July.

WAT!

Midnight3DS

'Cause I felt like it...

Untitled

shingi_70

Well Nu 52 aquaman is pretty awesome. I went back and read his series after seeing how Badass he and Atlantis was in the book. The best part is Aquadog and Mera by a far Margin.

Man of Steel is looking much better than Iron Man 3 on the action front.
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

WAT!

Mickey

I cannot wait for June. I can just see my post now: "Just saw the movie... Superman Returns was better."

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat

Midnight3DS

I'm counting on the Supes movie to bounce back from the last dud.

Yep, Aquaman is for real.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Edited on by Midnight3DS

Midnight3DS

JL animated Aquaman: yay or nay?

Untitled

Edited on by Midnight3DS

Dr_42o

My favorite character to use in Injustice: Gods Among Us is Aquaman. Stab stab stab stab with trident! Make you look like a fountain when you have a drink.

Umm.. What are you supposed to write here.. O.o

Nintendo Network ID: drew42o

shingi_70

Not a big fan of bearded and hook hang Aquaman.

WAT!

Midnight3DS

^ He was far too jerky for my tastes.

Here we have JLU Green Arrow. Ollie quickly became one of my favorites in the show.

Untitled

Edited on by Midnight3DS

HawkeyeWii

Sony_70 wrote:

Man of Steel is looking much better than Iron Man 3 on the action front.

More like Man of Steel is looking much better than Iron Man 3 on all fronts. This movie is going to blow me away!!
Oh and speaking of blowing away. If you haven't seen Fast and Furious 6, go see it now! Thank me later people.
Biggest and best action movie ever crafted! Storyline is pretty meh,,, but it has the best action ever to grace the big screen without question.

Friend Code 3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter:

shingi_70

Still haven't dug into my pile of comics and plan to do it tommorow but decided to update anyway from what I id read and the new news.

In the first what's new in the 52 we met Brutal.

Untitled

There’s an incredibly powerful new villain that’ll be showing up soon in the pages of EARTH 2. But what’s underneath Brutale’s armor – and who is he really?! All that we know for certain is that his shocking true identity will shake Earth 2 to its core

I'm guessing its Earth-2 superman who out of the Trinity had most suspicious death of the Earth-2 Trinty. Wonder Woman and Batman had pretty set in stone deaths and have been replaced in some form. Superman is the only one without a replacement with a direct connection.

The second was Decay
Untitled

“Psi-War” is coming soon – but who are the menaces that H.I.V.E. is creating, and what will cause Superman and Superboy to go after them? Enter Decay, whose debut will not only help answer these questions, but will also expand the elusive identity of H.I.V.E. and how they relate to Dr. Psycho.

Looking forward to Psi-war which should be shorter than H'el on earth and give Superman more time to mentor Superboy.
Bat,

And finally the Third is a new League of Assassins
Untitled

With a massive Ra’s al Ghul statue overlooking the center and ninja man-bats flying around, this city hides something crucial that will tie up a lot of loose ends in RED HOOD AND THE OUTLAWS. And when Jason Todd himself is taken here, the details of what happened to him after his resurrection – and his subsequent fate – will finally be revealed. But why is all of that happening here of all places? What else doesn’t Jason remember about his past?!

Not really reading Red Hood on a regular basis despite having some of my favorite characters. Only picked up the Annual because Green Arrow was guest starring. Still not sure if doing a LOA story is such a wise thing so close to Batman Inc winding down.

Some feed back on the three issues I did read this week.

Green Arrow 20 - Hot Damn this issue was great. It was the conclusion to the four part story titled "The Kill Machine". The new creative team of Jeff Lemire and Andrea Sorrentino take the reigns and bring Green Arrow back to a really high place. (the other issues ranged from meh to decent). It pretty similar to Arrrow with Ollie being on a more street level scale, researching his fathers death, and dealing with a more experienced archer.

Justice League 20 - Pretty great and is a story about the Main League's three new members (Firestorm, Element Woman, and The atom). It follows up on the stole kryptonite ring being given to despero and he goes to shut the Watchtower down. We see three rookie heroes try to fend off a foe that took the whole league to stop the first go around. I love that Martian Manhunter comes to wreck house and not DC gives us a reason to show how much of a threat he really can be taking Despero pretty damn fast. Johns Changes the status quo pretty quickly with the Watch Tower crashing to earth and the team having to set up base in a nearby Mountain. (a wink to YJ and Past DC history). We learn the atom was a plant and is actually a member of Justice League of America even though she's reluctant to do so. The best part of the issue is the conversation that Bruce and Clark has afterwards regarding Batman's plans against the team. We find out that Bruce doesnt like the Superman/Wonder Woman coupling due to WOnder Woman not having an easy exploitable weakness and Superman being one of the few people who could stop her if she went rouge.

Shazam- The backup feature too Justice League was a morsel for next month's double full Shazam conclusion. The big twist from last issue's tale is a red herring and the truth is pretty dark in comparison. Really hoping Shazam gets a book in the next wave of titles.

Justice League of America 20- Wow just wow. When read in Tandem with Justice League 20 everything starts to come together. We learn abit more about the serect society of Super Villains and how far they're reach stretch. (They know who Batman is and have a map of the Batcave which is how despero got the kryptonite ring. Steve Trevor owns a flying Jet Battle Station dubbed the Invisible Jet. We also learn that the Society's base can move to locations. (i'm guessing its the house of secrets as the groups leader seems to be magic based, as well as they're communication methods.) The apparent leader of the society I think might be the outsider a criminal mastermind from Flashpoint reimagned.

The ending for those who already haven't seen it. '
Untitled
Untitled

This answer's a few questions about Trinity War and leaves quite a few open.

WAT!

Tasuki

Just a quck question regarding the Wii U version of Injustice. I asked it in the Injustice thread but I figure I might as well ask here and see which one gets answered first.

So I know that the Wii U will get the DLC at some point this summer but I am wondering does anyone know if the Wii U is getting all the DLC packs like the Red Son, Killer Joke and Lobo all at once or are we getting them at intervals a bit at a time?

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

shingi_70

Fikachu wrote:

My favorite DC Comics hero is Batman

He's also my bro's favorite DC Comics hero

Well Batman is pretty damn awesome. My top four probably goes

1.Superman
2.Green Arrow
3.Batwoman
4.Swamp Thing

WAT!

shingi_70

http://www.buzzfeed.com/awesomer/dan-didio-and-jim-lee-talk-d...

So September is Villains month for DC Comics.
-September is Villains month.
-September is big month for DC so every September will be a special issue.
-Trinity War leads into the first crossover a 7 part mini series titled Forever Evil.
-Three series (new?) taking place to support Forever Evil.
-New Villains and Old ones in September
-The book count is back too 52.
-3D motion covers (Awww Yeah the 90s)

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

WAT!

Mickey

Deborah Snyder... I'm gonna have to ask you to never touch another Superman project ever again because you've made it clear to me that you have zero respect for the source material and that you have no idea how Superman has survived all these years. Please allow me to enlighten you.! I hate when I hear people say Superman is a boy scout based purely on the fact that he doesn't go too far with his powers. He doesn't because, with his powers, he doesn't have to. That's why he doesn't kill. That's what makes his character so good! he has the power to take over the earth, but does he? No. Not because he's a "plastic boy-scout". Not because his character is boring. It's because, thanks to his upbringing by a nice old farmer couple, he believes in Truth, Justice and The American way. That is Superman. I'm really scared that this movie will suffer the same fate as Superman Returns: Phenomenal movie, but it has NO CLUE who modern post-crisis Superman is.

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic