Forums

Topic: E3 2021 Predictions!!!

Posts 21 to 40 of 323

Grumblevolcano

@TheJGG You got E3 2019 a bit mixed up, the show ended with BotW 2. The September 2019 Direct was what ended with the XCDE announcement.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Lugazz

@TheJGG I haven't thought of having that medieval game happening inside Xenoblade series, good call... And seriously, I wouldn't mind if it's not a new IP, provided they keep the medieval fantasy setting as portrayed in the concept arts (which are so good looking!) and way more importantly, the game is good.

A port of Xenoblade Chronicles X, I don't know about that. Sure the game deserves more love, I had a blast playing it on Wii U! And they can make use of the fact a Xenoblade character was included in Smash. But still, I can't really feel it. I'll be happy to be wrong!

I'm no rush from Monolith games, they can take their time to release another high quality one

Lugazz

Dogorilla

I do think a Xenoblade X port will happen one day but not on the Switch. This was a while ago but Takahashi said it would be very difficult to bring it to the Switch, and bearing in mind that the Wii U version has a large download for the game to run properly, Nintendo would probably rather wait until they have a more powerful console that can easily run the game without the need for that. Plus, there's already two and a half Xenoblade games on the Switch and there's a good chance they're working on a new one, and these games are huge so they probably don't want to flood the Switch market with too many of them. (I'll admit that I haven't played Xenoblade X yet and this is partially just me talking myself into buying it on Wii U instead of waiting for an enhanced port haha)

Edited on by Dogorilla

Dogorilla

TheJGG

@Lugazz, and Blooper987 It would make a massive amount of sense, because the original was a blend of fantasy and sci-fi. So having a medieval/sci-fi mix would be bloody amazing! I'd rather they made a Medieval Xenoblade game instead of a normal Medieval game, it would make for a great chance to make some cool lore moments. Maybe if this game is too far off they'll just port X.

To be fair a large number of Final Fantasy games are available on Switch now (except 13, 11, 14.. I think) so it's not a problem bloating the eShop with AAA titles. Except when I want a new game, I end up getting nothing out of indecision.

@Grumblevolcano Yeah I felt that was off. I remember almost killing my family while we were driving through England that fateful day. I screamed quite loud...

Nintendo Fan Soundtrack II

"I'm not crazy, my reality is just different than yours." - Cheshire Cat.

If you'd like to add me on Switch, tag me first!

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG

Marioman2020

Mine are easy.
BOTW2
Metroid Prime 4
Bayonetta 3
Mario and Luigi RPG Collection (You can dream, can you not?)
New Xenoblade game
New Smash DLC
New Golden Sun (PLEEEEEEASE)
FFVII Remake on switch
Switch Pro

Favorite Games:
1. Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury
2. Zelda BOTW
3. Smash Ultimate
4. Super Mario Bros. 2
5. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

TheJGG

@Marioman2020 If you’re trying to be realistic you’re doing that, but you’re also making some very bold and frankly impossible predictions. Of course it doesn’t mean I don’t want them to happen but I’m pretty sure the only instance of FF7 Remake Switch owners are getting is Ever Crisis, the mobile game.

Everything else is within the realm of possibility but I will comment on Mario & Luigi. Given Square remade KH 3D: Dream Drop Distance for the KH2.8 collection, it’s very much possible but I highly doubt Nintendo would remake the games, since a few of them have been done before, on 3DS. Effort? Nintendo?!

jump

Here's mine,

My wildest prediction...Brie Larson pops up in the Direct! ;p

Smash DLC Tekken's Heihachi Mishima (plus Rillaboom and Doom Slayer if there's extra ones are shown)

As everyone keeps saying no MP4 I'm gonna say a trailer will be shown but no date given, it will annoy people if the rumours of a new 2D Metroid are true and released this year with no mention of 4 at all. So a nice gesture of a MP4 clip to keep them happy and reassured.

New IP, random guess something online based or something R-Rated.
Metroid (not MPR4) this year
New WarioWare, this year
New Style Savvy, this year
Good Feel Samurai Game, this year
Bayonetta 3, this year
New Kirby, this year
New Donkey Kong this year
New Fatal Frame this year

Fire Emblem, next year
Mario & Luigi next year

SMT5, new trailer and dated this year
Nintendo picks up Yokai Watch for Western release (again)
Resident Evil exclusive revealed and dated this year
A few ports like Life Is Strange, Borderlands 3, Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot, Ace Combat, Pro Evo, Psychonauts 2.

Players Choice range of Arms, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Kirby Star Allies, Mario Tennis, Mario Odessey announced

2/3 new Nintendo published indies!

A digital limited time game, OG Pokemon games, any of the Earthbound games (I will laugh if it's Beginnings again) or Duck Hunt

I reckon they will have a special Zelda Direct this month if not merge this with the above;

Zelda Four Swords added to the NSO for a limited time
Skyward Sword trailer
2D Zelda new/remake, not this year
AoC DLC
Zelda limited time bundle
BOTW2 trailer and dated

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Balta666

@SNED72 that will never happen as early build demos tend to crash and have a lot of bugs and work well only on closed enviroments. But mostly because hackers would check the code inside out and that is something they clearly will avoid at all cost

Edited on by Balta666

Balta666

Balta666

@TheJGG bear in mind Crash has no ties with Sony. The IP belongs exclusively to Activision

Balta666

Balta666

Pretictions it is then...

Putting the obvious ones out of the way we have smash DLC and section on Mario golf.
New 2d Metroid but nothing on trilogy port
DK does not show its head
Sports story shadow release
SMT V release date
Something GTA (finally...)
Diablo 2 beta announcement
Super Mario party 2
A warriors game...
Sonic colors
And it ends with BotW 2 (no more Zelda news at E3)

Edited on by Balta666

Balta666

WarioOfTheYear

@Balta666 I honestly don't know about the 2d Metroid prediction or the Super Mario Party 2 one but I would love it if both were announced!

WarioOfTheYear

SNED72

Personally I don't think we'll see any of Splatoon 3. Its only been a few months since the announcement of the game and they themselves said it might take a while for news to come. While it would be nice to see, I'm thinking it's still too early in the game's development to do something for E3. I guess we'll just have to wait and see, but in the meantime dreaming is fun too! For example I would hope for a new DK game as the rumors have been going on about. About the demo's, I can see what @Balta666 means about there not being any demo's. I'd rather wait and see than play a glitchy demo anyway.

How Bizarre!

Bolt_Strike

Pokemon Presents:
-New trailer for BDSP with new forms revealed for starters and Dialga/Palkia and release date.
-New trailer for Legends Arceus detailing the leaked Ride mechanic.
-Release date for Unite
-Gameplay and story reveal trailer for Detective Pikachu 2

E3 Direct:
-BotW2 blowout with name and gameplay details, releases March 2022
-A new Mario Kart game (Mario Kart 9 or some new series of AAA Mario Kart for Switch) is the big holiday game
-3D Kirby game is confirmed for early 2022
-2D Metroid by MercurySteam confirmed for 2021. Metroid Prime 4 is either not ready or just gets a teaser trailer with no gameplay.
-2D DK by EAD Tokyo confirmed for 2021
-Bayonetta 3 is finally shown
-Some kind of Sonic game for 2021.
-Ends with a "one more thing" announcement, a teaser trailer for Super Mario Odyssey 2 in 2022.

E3 Treehouse:
-BotW2
-Mario Kart
-Splatoon 3
-BDSP
-Legends Arceus
-3D Kirby
-2D Metroid
-DK
-Bayonetta 3
-Sonic

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Marioman2020

@TheJGG
Not what I meant.
The FFVII Remake would be a cloud version (Like Hitman 3), and the Mario and Luigi Collection would have all the games and a HD Partners in time.

Favorite Games:
1. Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury
2. Zelda BOTW
3. Smash Ultimate
4. Super Mario Bros. 2
5. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Magician

Marioman2020 wrote:

Not what I meant. The FFVII Remake would be a cloud version, like Hitman 3.

I think walking on hot coals would be more enjoyable than playing a streamed version of FFVII Remake on Switch. Oh Jesus, God, no.
Untitled

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 737 games (as of June 15th, 2021)
Currently playing: Rune Factory 4 Special (Switch)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

TheJGG

@Marioman2020 The Switch just wouldn't have enough power to run Final Fantasy VII Remake. It managed 30fps on base PS4 models and it took a PS5 rerelease for it to run at 60fps. Besides, who in the heck would download the game; it was 90.6Gb on PS4, so accounting for compressed textures you're looking at maybe 70Gb? 60 if you're feeling optimistic. So a physical release would be a pipe dream, you'd need three cartridges.

jump

@TheJGG They are talking about a cloud version, playing it over the internet.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

TheJGG

@jump I haven't fully understood cloud gaming... so does that mean hardware is less of a factor when it comes to performance and reliability?

Grumblevolcano

@TheJGG Think remote play but over really long distances. So it's like the device you're playing on is like a Wii U Gamepad/PSP/PS Vita meanwhile the Wii U console/PS3/PS4 is very far away from you in a data centre somewhere.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

jump

@TheJGG The hardware is not really important with cloud gaming, it's about the internet connection.

Imagine a Super Switch Pro 64 that can play any game Cyberpunk, Resident Evil Vilage or whatever, it's located in the basement of Nintendo and you're connected to it via internet, all the processing and all that is done in the basement and not your own Switch. Your own Switch is just used as a controller and a screen but if your internet is bad you get lag.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic