Forums

Topic: E3 2021 Predictions!!!

Posts 121 to 140 of 311

jump

@VoidofLight I wouldn’t say that, there’s a noticeable difference In terms of quality and general player satisfaction with the meta game which is a huge part of Pokemon for many people myself included. If they had actually Dexited so there was balance in the meta game they have may got away with it without complaint (probably not though lol) or least have a good counter argument but now the battles are slow, Dynamax replacing Megas is just rubbish, general lack of variety and there’s obvious weaknesses in the selection of Pokes like there’s not enough defence strong ones available now.

Normally after completing the new Poke game I get to work on building a new team, I did a few battles in SwSh but I went back to the 3DS games for battling as it’s just better and is still going strong today.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

SViper

@jump is those spaces in New Pokémon Snap has numbers or just spaces, because as gamer I like NPS, but as Pokémon fan this is first Pokémon game I dislike.

Edited on by SViper

http://twitch.tv/TheSViper
https://www.change.org/p/anmtvla-pokemonlatam-español-latino-en-los-juegos-de-pokémon - let's help this petition for Latin American Spanish be add to Pokémon games and with that may increase chance that in future Pokémon games adds more languages. :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-7289-6600-2802 | 3DS Friend Code: 4270-5974-5136 | My Nintendo: SViper | Nintendo Network ID: TheSViper | Twitter:

jump

@SViper the pokes in the internal game are sequenced but there’s gaps in those numbers. There’s more details of it in the Snap thread if you’re curious.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

SViper

@jump roger, asking, because I dislike how weird they made choice of what Pokémon are in game. I only give one example to not go to deep: Kanto starters mid stages doesn't exist there.

https://www.change.org/p/anmtvla-pokemonlatam-español-latino-en-los-juegos-de-pokémon - let's help this petition for Latin American Spanish be add to Pokémon games and with that may increase chance that in future Pokémon games adds more languages. :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-7289-6600-2802 | 3DS Friend Code: 4270-5974-5136 | My Nintendo: SViper | Nintendo Network ID: TheSViper | Twitter:

ThanosReXXX

So... E3 predictions, then?

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

VoidofLight

@SViper Again, they said that these are faithful remakes, meant to be one for one recreations of the originals. They never did this before, but they’re doing it now. Legend’s Arceus isn’t a “remake”, but it’s doing similar things to what past remakes in the series did, by giving a new experience with new mechanics.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

SViper

@VoidofLight so you saying to expect weaker remake then usual?

VoidofLight

@SViper Yes, because that’s literally what gamefreak said to expect. If you’re expecting any more than just the basic remake in which they’re marketing the game as, then you’re just going to end up disappointed at the company in the end, when they never promised the stuff you predicted.

SViper

@VoidofLight now I don't get it, because with first sentence you still stay with your saying, but next sentence you now approve that it will have those new Gen enchantments that always happen like new Types/Moves/Etc, but whatever. And I never disappointed with Pokémon games, because I fan for over 1 and half decade near 2 decades.

GrailUK

@ThanosReXXX What you got for us Mr Snappy Mc SnappyFingers?

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

jump

@VoidofLight I think you mixing up “ 1 for 1 recreations” with “faithfully reproduced”, I took it to mean more about the game world rather than the Pokédex and if it didn’t come with inclusions from Platinum too I’d be very surprised.

In any case we’ve only seen the initial trailer, they will talk more about it later where stuff like this will be cleared up.

Nicolai wrote:

ThanosReXXX

@GrailUK Well, I already made my statement earlier, in comment #134 on the previous page, but I deliberately named no titles: don't want to jinx it, even though I have my own hopes and wishes.

My other comment was intended to point at the fact that this thread has somehow drifted all the way off topic into becoming/being yet another Pokémon-related thread, which is something that we really shouldn't want to happen...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

VoidofLight

@SViper I never denied that previous remakes improved upon the games with recent features.. but I'm saying that BDSP isn't probably what you're hoping it'll be. Legend's Arceus seems to be that game, with BDSP being moreso faithful remakes. I do think they will probably include the platinum dex, and maybe some stuff from platinum, but I highly doubt that they'll add Megas or brand new features like what ORAS did with gen 6.

B238ben

I’m hoping for a new entry (or a compilation of all older entries) of Advance Wars. That is such an amazing series. I don’t have a lot of faith Nintendo will do it, but that would be my most wished for game at E3.

B238ben

ThanosReXXX

@B238ben That would most definitely be a welcome surprise far as I'm concerned as well. I'd even welcome HD versions of Battalion Wars, but as a secondary option. A remastered Advance Wars collection would definitely be my first choice. Also a perfect fit for the Switch, if you ask me.

IceClimbers

Honestly the only thing that's a complete safe bet as far as announcements go is the next Smash character. They'll reveal that but anything else is in the air, BotW 2 included.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Snatcher

Were getting DLC for ballen wonderworld with all new outfits, and even harder platforming.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

I’m very much alive!

Current obsession: Persona 3 reload.

VoidofLight

@IceClimbers Yeah. I'd say Smash is a surefire thing, and BotW 2 is probably likely, but I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't show up.

I-U

@Bolt_Strike I think that Nintendo thinks that Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit is a main Mario Kart entry on the Switch and there is also Mario Kart Tour and its steady updates. I can imagine that Nintendo sees no need for a Mario Kart 9. I think an ARMS sequel has more of a chance, but I don't want to go into any Direct thinking that should be there from that development team. ARMS is my favorite original Nintendo Switch game, so it would be very disappointing if I went in expecting a sequel and it ends up being a no show. I also don't know if Nintendo is willing to have ARMS and Smash co-exist being of the same genre. They felt the need to completely change Paper Mario because they had Mario & Luigi for instance, so I don't know if ARMS will get a sequel with Smash still expected to have new fighters.

Same applies to Metroid being shown. Going into any Direct thinking I'm going to see a Metroid release for Switch, and then it doesn't happen, would be very disappointing. Metroid Prime Trilogy has been rumored to be coming to the Switch since before the Game Awards in 2018. Unless Nintendo themselves show that title, I'm not expecting that for the Switch. 2D Metroid has been rumored since last year which also came with a rumor of a new Paper Mario, the latter of which did end up being true. The rumor didn't pan out for Metroid, so I don't think it would be wise to think a new 2D Metroid is now going to be happening in 2021. Rumors aren't confirmations of development, and I hope more of the Metroid community understands that. The only thing certain for Metroid is that Metroid Prime 4 is in development. I think that MP4 is a mid-late 2022 release due to delay from the pandemic, so it could be shown this June, but I'm not going to go into E3 thinking it should be shown.

I don't feel Nintendo has had a big year on the Switch since 2017 and 2020, while having some great Nintendo releases, lacked in excitement with Nintendo Directs not being as regular due to the pandemic, so I have very low expectations for Nintendo this year. I would like for the Switch to see a major push from Nintendo, but I'm not going to think that that will happen. Expecting to see titles that I would love to have for Switch, would have to show or it'll be a very disappointing presentation and would ruin my impressions of what Nintendo actually has to show. I would rather have lower expectations and be more open to what they do present.

Edited on by I-U

"The secret to ultimate power lies in the Alimbic Cluster."

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic