Forums

Topic: E3 2021 Predictions!!!

Posts 101 to 120 of 311

Bolt_Strike

@I-U So you think that neither Mario Kart nor ARMS will be getting a new entry this year? So what has that team been doing since 2017? Twiddling their thumbs? That team should have something to show this year, they regularly release a game once every 3 years, and it's already been 4 (they probably lost a year due to the pandemic).

It's also highly unlikely we see nothing about Metroid, seeing as there's rumors about 3 different Metroid games in development (Prime 4 confirmed, whereas both Prime Trilogy and 2D Metroid have both been strongly rumored). 2D Metroid stands as the most likely, because that was probably started on the earliest (2017, after Samus Returns was finished).

In general I don't see much of a reason to be pessimistic about this year. The pandemic definitely affected things, but I doubt it affected them that much, probably only about a year's worth of development time. Most of their IPs follow a 3 year development cycle, so a lot of the IPs that released during that packed 2017 year were probably planned to release in 2020/2021, with the pandemic pushing them to 2021/2022. So we should be seeing a major push this year.

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

jump

@Bolt_Strike Actually they helped create Mario Kart Tour.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

VoidofLight

@SViper wouldn’t expect anything for BDSP except for it being a 1 for 1 remake with the platinum dex.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Bolt_Strike

@jump They're a AAA developer. Do you really think Tour is all they were working on in that time? Puh-lease! Nah, they should have something else ready by now. A AAA full $60 Switch release of some kind.

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

jump

@Bolt_Strike nope but that’s mainly because I didn’t say that. I’m just pointing out they have been working and releasing things since Arms and Mario Kart 8.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Bolt_Strike

@jump I'm aware, but it's kind of a moot point because those are small projects that probably didn't take up much of their time. Meanwhile the lack of a real AAA release from that team is pretty glaring.

Bolt_Strike

SViper

@VoidofLight this is only possible, because 8th Gen finally started to do cutting content, but this ML game was given to other company for first time, so one of possible reasons why they finally add more companies in ML games is backlash from Gen 8th games content cutting.

Edited on by SViper

http://twitch.tv/TheSViper
https://www.change.org/p/anmtvla-pokemonlatam-español-latino-en-los-juegos-de-pokémon - let's help this petition for Latin American Spanish be add to Pokémon games and with that may increase chance that in future Pokémon games adds more languages. :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-7289-6600-2802 | 3DS Friend Code: 4270-5974-5136 | My Nintendo: SViper | Nintendo Network ID: TheSViper | Twitter:

jump

@Bolt_Strike whilst admittedly I’m not a developer involved in the creation of Tour so I can’t how much resources went into but it took at least a year and half to be made which is time away from other projects.

Nicolai wrote:

Grumblevolcano

@Slowdive I'm really excited by the possibilities of having everything Nintendo in one place. If both the Wii U and GC can be completely replaced by the Switch then I'd be able to free up a permanent place for my Xbox 360 (Microsoft said no to peripheral games being added to backwards compatibility back in 2015 so there will always be some games that will be permanently left behind on 360 even if Microsoft started adding more to the backwards compatible lineup).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

VoidofLight

@SViper Thing is though, they literally said the game is going to be a 1 for 1 remake. Not to mention the only "cut content" of sword and shield was the pokemon, which isn't as big of a deal as most people make it out to be, and was going to happen eventually.

Bolt_Strike

@jump I doubt it was particularly intensive development in that year and a half of time, most of the assets seem to have been pulled from other games. Besides, they released both 8D AND ARMS in the same year, so they've proven they can multitask. So I think they could still release a new Mario Kart on time while assisting with Tour and Home Circuit. The vast majority of their efforts have probably been spent on a new game.

Bolt_Strike

jump

@Bolt_Strike I think you’re underestimating how much work went in to it if you’re expecting it to have zero impact. The brilliance of Oktoberfest Luigi didn’t happen by itself! ;p

Untitled

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Bolt_Strike

@jump It's a reskin of an existing asset. How long do you think it took them? A week? Maybe a few weeks at most? The "new" characters in Tour probably cost them next to nothing.

Bolt_Strike

Grumblevolcano

@VoidofLight I think it all comes down to the online. Past remakes added in Pokemon not in the original games but you could play with players from the new game of that gen (e.g. ORAS players could play with XY players) so @SViper's idea of adding in Pokemon not in the Platinum dex for the remakes would probably only happen if you could play with Sword/Shield players.

I don't really see that happening given how different the artstyle of the remakes are compared to Sword/Shield.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

jump

@Bolt_Strike I wasn’t actually talking specifically about Oktoberfest Luigi being a drain of their resources as that was a joke hence the old skool emoji. It was just an opportunity to display Oktoberfest Luigi in all his glory, wurst and all!

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Dogorilla

@Grumblevolcano For there to be any chance of Switch completely replacing the GameCube they'd have to do some sort of Virtual Console-style range of GC ports, which would be great but I don't know if Nintendo would want to do that considering the success of their current strategy of remastering/enhancing recent games and selling them for full price. (I can't imagine GC games coming to NSO, although if they did that would certainly put an end to the argument that NSO isn't worth the price. Unless Nintendo upped the price, which they probably would to be honest.)

As for Wii U, there'll always be some games that stay exclusive to it because of Gamepad usage, which I suppose is analogous to the peripheral games on Xbox 360. For me it's worth keeping the Wii U plugged in for those but I would guess most people aren't too fussed about those games.

Anyway, if it's true that Nintendo is planning to rerelease as many of their classic games as possible, that suggests to me they're intending for their next console to be fully backwards compatible with the Switch so this retro library will be available for as long as possible. I also wonder if Nintendo is going to keep making more powerful Switch-style consoles each generation (still with full backwards compatibility) until the technology is there for them to be on par with the rival consoles. Ok, I'm getting a bit ahead of myself for the E3 2021 predictions thread, but it would be cool for the Switch's library to be available for multiple generations like that.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

SViper

@VoidofLight they said it still be remake not rerelease, so there should be changes like in other remakes. And I just guessing that you not playing Pokémon and only know about Pokémon, because it's one of biggest Nintendo franchise, because there was more then Pokémon that was cut. What I talking that same happened with moves for first time too as well.
@Grumblevolcano artwork style is part of nostalgy, 1 of 1 thing that Voidof mentioned and different company handling ML game for first time. Plus GF finally realized that was bad thing not ask help already with Sword/Shield, so not missplease fans again, they decided add another company to help with remakes/enchanted versions/etc.
So at the end more Pokémon could happen like always, because they said it's RAMAKE not something else.

Edited on by SViper

https://www.change.org/p/anmtvla-pokemonlatam-español-latino-en-los-juegos-de-pokémon - let's help this petition for Latin American Spanish be add to Pokémon games and with that may increase chance that in future Pokémon games adds more languages. :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-7289-6600-2802 | 3DS Friend Code: 4270-5974-5136 | My Nintendo: SViper | Nintendo Network ID: TheSViper | Twitter:

ThanosReXXX

E3 predictions? I predict that a decent amount of not too bright people are going to cry, bi*** and moan, because no matter what Nintendo (or any of the other companies, for that matter) shows, it'll never be enough for them, because thanks to more than half the gaming community putting more faith in any upcoming or existing rumors about what's going to be shown/revealed, rather than just following ACTUAL news and bits and pieces that the companies themselves promise or hint at, they'll end up being mad or downright outraged that "their" supposedly "promised" titles weren't shown or teased.

There you go: my E3 prediction...

All kidding aside, I'm going in with zero expectations, looking forward to and drinking in all the information from all the various companies, so I can be as objective as possible and in hopes of being faced with some pleasant surprises here and there. I obviously am hoping to see a certain number of titles across various platforms, but I'm not EXPECTING them to be there, so for me, there will be no reason to grab my torch and pitchfork to storm any developer's office after E3 is done and dusted...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

VoidofLight

@SViper oh, I play pokemon. Played it ever since gen 4. It’s not as big of a deal as people make it out to be though. As long as the games are fun, or good it shouldn’t matter in the long run. It’s been 2 years now, and people really need to let this go.

They said BDSP are faithful remakes and confirmed they are 1 for 1 recreations by the way. If you want something new or different, get Legends.

SViper

@VoidofLight I'm same, as long as game is still good I don't mind.
Then to you FR/LG/HG/SS/OR/AS was not remakes, because it had more then originals? Why you now changed theme to Legends: Arcues, that's totally new game not remakes of Sinnoh when we talking about remakes. But it's remakes for Pokémon and that has already standarts in this Franchise, so if it won't won't have enchantments from current Gen like: Fairy-type, moves, move sets, new items and etc, then there could be some backlash.

Edited on by SViper

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic