Forums

Topic: Coronavirus outbreak

Posts 1,501 to 1,520 of 1,548

Tasuki

To be honest even if I do get the vaccine I would still wear a mask in public. Since I have been wearing a mask this past year or so in public, I haven't got sick as much and I am talking about the common cold.
I think I got that once last year and that was cause my son had gave it to me. Also my allergies have not been nearly as bad either.

I think what it comes down to people like Zeldafan79 is they just have a problem with authority that's all. It's not about masks or vaccines.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Snatcher

@Tasuki Maybe, I mean Hey, I'm not going to tell the guy how to feel.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

HistoricKombat

@Snatcher The very reaon I will not wear a mask. There is no way to tell if a maskless person is vaccinated so I don't wear a mask in the general public. Sure, I will mask up if all parties agree to wear a mask as well...for example, if I am at checkout line and the cashier is masked, I will put mine on as well out of courtesy despite I am vaccinated.

Edited on by HistoricKombat

HistoricKombat

Losermagnet

So the numbers in the States are increasing again (have been). My line of work puts me in contact with doctors and I was talking to a pulmonologist recently about what our local hospital was seeing in so far as severity of COVID. One pattern he's noticed is that the more serious cases (people who end up on ventilators, for instance) are usually those who waited until things got worse before they went to a doctor or hospital. So, while this is no substitute for professional medical advice, if you think you're getting sick you may want to be vigilant and try to get tested or contact a doctor earlier.

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

Eel

A family friend is also going through a severe life-threatening case right now, and yes, she literally ignored and disregarded every warning sign until she was simply unable to breathe on her own.

Supposedly she went to a neighbor town to get one of the vaccines several months ago, but we can't tell for sure if that's true or not (considering they apparently didn't even remember which vaccine it was when they got asked). Either way, her out-of-control diabetes and a myriad of other problems just worked against her. Apparently, right now it's her other health problems that are keeping her in delicate state.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Losermagnet

@Eel i'm really sorry to hear that, and I hope she gets better.

I think ignoring feeling sick is pretty normal if we're talking about cold or flu (I know I've done it) so I can't blame people for being passive. But it really could be a life-or-death choice or, at least, an avoidable hospital stay.

Tyranexx

I just learned earlier this week that a cousin of mine and his wife both contracted it. He's doing fine for the most part, but they hospitalized his wife since she had a fever and a couple of other worrying symptoms...and she also just entered her third trimester of pregnancy. Her oxygen levels are stable, and so far nothing seems wrong with the baby...but I'm very concerned.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Tyranexx

Eel wrote:

That does sound concerning. I hope everything goes well for both mom and baby.

Thanks. According to my aunt, the situation has been really hard on my cousin. He isn't allowed to be with or even see her right now. This little one will be their first child.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

Losermagnet

@Tyranexx Sorry to hear about your cousin's wife and her baby. Perhaps the hospital is being extra cautious considering the circumstances. In any case, I hope she has a speedy recovery.

Tyranexx

@Losermagnet Thanks as well. I understand the extra caution, but I do hope they get to see each other very soon. I've read one of the worst things about all this, at least for the first few months of the pandemic, is that in many hospitals new mothers had to deliver without any family members present.

Tyranexx

Crazy week, but thought I'd briefly pop in and mention: my cousin's wife is doing well. She was released from the hospital earlier this week.

Snatcher

@Tyranexx Thank god there doing alright.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

Losermagnet

@Tyranexx hey thats great news! Glad to hear it 😁

Eel

@Tyranexx Ah that's great news! I'm glad for them. I really am.

The family friend I talked about before sadly couldn't make it, she passed away on Sunday. Mostly due to complications from her diabetes, from what I hear. She spent over a week in the hospital, but even then it was such a sudden thing, it doesn't feel real. I suppose that's just how it usually is.

Bloop.

Tyranexx

@Snatcher, @Losermagnet Thank you to you both!

Edit: @Eel Thank you as well. I do wish your news was better though. My sympathies.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Losermagnet

@Eel i'm so sorry to hear that

Edited on by Losermagnet

Eel

Thanks... Everybody expected her to recover, but it seems even before covid, she had been hiding symptoms of anemia and kidney problems. So it was a bit of a rolling snowball that got bigger and bigger and then collided with covid.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Snatcher

@Eel I'm really sorry to hear that, My best regards.

Tasuki

So I got my second shot today so far I dont feel to bad but we shall see tomorrow.

Also found out yesterday that a friend of the family passed from COVID. I didn't know them that well so I don't know if he had other health problems or what all I know is he was in ICU for a few weeks and passed away yesterday. He wasn't that old I want to say in his 40s/50s. Just amazes me with so many people dieing yet some think COVID is a big hoax.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic