Forums

Topic: Coronavirus outbreak

Posts 1,461 to 1,480 of 1,548

Lugazz

Man how I miss going to live concerts! Enjoying loud music, jumping, pushing around, headbanging!

Lugazz

jump

@Lugazz Same here, I normally go to about 20ish gigs a year (plus festivals, indie band nights at a club and seeing my mates' band/promotions) and it's been a year since I've gone to anything. I was planning a week in France last year which was half holiday with the missus and also to see Rage Agains The Machine's reunion at Rock en Seine until it was cancelled. There were a few socially distanced gigs I wanted to go to but they all sold out super quick because the capacity is so small.

What bands did you use to see in the good 'ol days before coivd?

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Lugazz

@jump I would go to see local bands at city clubs, way more during high school / University years than more recently. There is a more rock-oriented club where I'm living now but I had the opportunity to go there only twice! I wish I could have attended a Hellfest man

Matanza and other Brazilian bands from my region, Iron Maiden (my favorite group), Helloween (three times!), Guns 'n Roses + Sebastian Bach, Ozzy Osbourne, Judas Priest + Ozzy + Motörhead, Black Sabbath + Megadeth + Hibria, Black Label Society, Rhapsody of Fire, Sonata Arctica, David Gilmour, Robert Plant... Maybe I'm missing something. I'm still mad at me that I missed KISS when they played the nearest to me they've ever been! All of this was in Brazil

Edit: oh yeah and I went to Rock in Rio 2010, in the "Metal Day"! Angra with Tarja Turunnen and Metallica were the highlights for me

Edit 2: during high school, my friends had a band (I substituted the singer for one bands night at local bar) and they played mostly Pantera, Misfits, Iron Maiden, Metallica and Megadeth with some authoral songs

Edited on by Lugazz

Lugazz

jump

@Lugazz I love Motorhead, I've seen them a good few times over the years and are one of my favourite bands of all time. Ozzy and Black Label Society are cool too. I'm abit more eclectic than just metal/rawk myself. As much as I love the likes of AC/DC, Rage Against The Machine, KoRn, Rammstein and System Of A Down, I will also see the likes of Arcade Fire, Run DMC, The Specials, Jack White and Wu Tang Clan too.

I've always fancied going to Rock In Rio but to travel to Brazil I need alot more than just a festival to justify it to myself. It's fairly easy to me to get to Hellfest but the UK has Download and Bloodstock already to cover my metal needs. I really want to go to Rock am Ring, I've enjoyed Germany whenever I've been but I don't think I've had the right mix of free time, friends to go with and the line up at the same time to actually do it. Boomtown Fair is hands down my favourite festival, it is across between Disneyland and Glastonbury but it can't really be described unless you experience it yourself.

I really miss live music!

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Lugazz

@jump Oh yeah I do listen to other types of music! EDM, lo fi hip hop, jazz, folk songs from my region in Brazil, etc... But as for band concert, I'm definitely more metal and rock hahahaha
I do love some orchestra and opera as well!

Yeah I totally get it, and leaving Brazil for one of those festivals you mentioned is way damn expensive! Now that I'm in Europe, I had hoped to check them out, but after one year here, covid19 happened.

I stratch just a tiny bit that live music itch by playing it myself, I play for fun the bass guitar

Lugazz

WoomyNNYes

@Dezzy I hadn't even thought about that. You're right. Obesity has much higher covid mortality rate. That's very plausible.

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Eel

Hospitals in Los Cabos and La Paz, two major cities in my state, have become overwhelmed in the last month or so. After an entire year of not a lot, suddenly, the hospitals are overrun with cases, and have dozens of people of all ages, some of them vaccinated, with grave symptoms and even dying. It's a bit scary tbh.

Meanwhile my country is all buddy buddy giving vaccines away to south american countries, when they haven't even vaccinated most of us.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

NintendoWiiDS

@Eel That sounds like a really horrible situation. Has anyone you know contracted the virus and are you staying safe? Where I live it’s been rather quiet on the case front and no corruption in terms of vaccines. I would be angry if our government were sending many vaccines elsewhere BEFORE our population had widespread immunity. It must be scary, but talking about it might help, at least a little bit.

NintendoWiiDS

Eel

@NintendoWiiDS Only my brother and his family, but they live in a different state, so we got to experience all the stress and drama at a distance. Of all four, only my brother got significant (non life-threatening) symptoms, so he was a bit of an emotional train wreck for a few days (with all that thinking of his own mortality and stuff), but they're all fine now, thankfully.

My town seems to be doing fine, for now.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

NintendoWiiDS

@Eel That’s good to hear. When you’re going through a difficult situation, it’s important to find distractions like videogames as they can be a real blessing. I’m very lucky to say that none of my family or friends have caught the virus and my area has been low in cases statistically. Also, if hospitals in your state are being overwhelmed, try and follow the rules in your area to stay safe. If you’re feeling worried about the pandemic or anything else, make sure you talk about it with a friend or family member, or even on here if you feel like it; it helps more than you believe. I just hope the world pulls through this crisis as soon as possible.

NintendoWiiDS

jedgamesguy

I'm getting very apprehensive about England's reopening, especially since they're getting over 30,000 cases a day now. Hopefully that stabilises thanks to the Euros ending.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Octane

@WoomyNNYes I thought the Netherlands was behind, but I believe 12-year-olds can already book an appointment to get vaccinated. If you're 14 and older you can book it yourself I believe, but I think you need permission from your parents if you're younger.

One mistake they made over here was to open nightclubs. We've been slowly letting go of the lockdown since May, with no adverse effects, but numbers soared when we opened the nightclubs again. Partly due to more people testing to get a negative test to enter them, but still, it went from 500 a day to like 10,000 in a week, the highest since December last year. So bars, pubs and clubs are closed after midnight again.

They also made the mistake of letting everyone enter the clubs who just got vaccinated. As in, on the day itself, or the day before. Even though they've been saying you need to wait at least two weeks until you can assume it is effective.

Octane

jedgamesguy

@WoomyNNYes Well most journalists and medical experts are criticising BoJo for how easily he’s lifting stuff in the UK. Meanwhile France said that medical staff that didn’t have the vaccine wouldn’t be paid starting September. Yet another case of a very brutal policy that on paper should get the message across.

This week’s Formula One British Grand Prix is gonna be held at a full crowd thanks to the government’s eagerness to release people back into ‘freedom’ apparently. 140,000 people in grandstands across the Silverstone track. And from my experience seeing the crowds on television it’s just under the amount of significance it has towards the atmosphere. Except you can’t heart them shouting and screaming, and they can’t point lasers at the athletes…

Over here a lot of people have gotten vaccinated and that includes minors. People 12 and up can’t do anything without proof of vaccination. It’s lovely. Makes me feel really safe now that I know everyone around me is also vaccinated.

My hypothesis for schools, in countries with enough vaccinations, is that they will try and create a bubble environment. No masks, but you need a vaccination if you’re above the age of eleven. Thoughts?

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

jedgamesguy

@WoomyNNYes Well schools here have been quite strict with restrictions. This year people weren’t allowed on campus if they had travelled to a ‘dangerous’ country. There was a small outbreak in the sixth grade so everyone there got rapid-tested. The genders are separated for a number of grades, and therefore the boys class (the patient was a boy) was sent home for a day. A number of students in my own grade also got it, which paints a picture that people are either very unlucky or unbelievably irresponsible. Some students have also been unable to travel to school because of their location too. But the vaccination process has been very quick.

Communication is very important at this point but Boris hasn’t been consistent in his messages. Cases are already skyrocketing and as you say they will go up when the effects of the Euros begin to wash over the country. Throw in hordes of drunk, angry English fans and you have an outbreak.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Snatcher

Great now we have this damn variant running around, time to be more stressed.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Zeldafan79

Great now we can all be locked down again and stores/restaurants etc can tell me to get off their property if i don't have five masks on! Christ!

Okay so a few weeks ago i was at a wendy's and this happened, I walked in with no mask as alot of people are doing now so before you call me the devils cabana boy just let me explain. Anyway i had no mask and walked up to the counter. No one freaked out they just took my order rang me up and i sat down to eat. No big deal right?

So after my meal i decide I'd like a frosty. So i go back up to the counter to order and the first thing the lady said was....( Sir have you got a mask?) I'm like what the hell nobody cared when i odered my food! So in disgust i just said forget it and i walked out. Now tell me if you think that makes any sense.

I know somebody is already gonna start acting like I'm the monster and how dare i object to these idiotic rules but you gotta admit that kinda crap is paranoid stupidity of the highest level. I also heard places of business aren't allowed to ask if you've been vaccinated but they got these signs on the doors that say Vaccinated customers don't have to wear a mask. Alot of good that does if asking someone is not allowed. WTF?

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" Optimus Prime

Snatcher

@Zeldafan79 I hate this man, Now we have this damn knew one walking about, and its worse then the last one, Like DAAAAAAANG!

Edited on by Snatcher

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

Tasuki

@Zeldafan79 It's not allowed due to HIPPA laws

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_Insurance_Portability_an...

So basically its an honor thing that they are hoping that non vaccinated people will continue to ware masks but let's be real. One reason I still ware my mask when in public is because I am pretty sure you have non vaccinated not wearing masks because they are a sign of oppression.

Edited on by Tasuki

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Snatcher

I'm so stressed, This is really scary.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic