Forums

Topic: Atlus Fan Club

Posts 321 to 340 of 1,216

HolyMackerel

@lockelocke You lose all of your spoils and equipment. You can keep 5 items (later on a few more), but only if you throw them into orbs for safekeeping. You lose everything else. You lose your character levels too. You also have a vitality bar which drops automatically over time, and when it reaches zero your health drains. This basically brings those frustrating survival horror mechanics into a dungeon crawling RPG. You don't win when you reach the bottom of the tower either, which is supposed to be the goal of the game. And yes, you must die to progress the storyline.

It's extremely punishing. Like throw your controller across the room punishing. If you like that, then it's perfect.

I recommend these Atlus PS2 titles:

• Persona 3 FES (Get it!!!)
  • Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne
  • Persona 4
  • Digital Devil Saga 1 & 2
  • Odin Sphere
  • Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner 1 & 2
  • Disgaea 1 & 2

Edited on by HolyMackerel

HolyMackerel

lockelocke

@Mickeymac/HolyMackerel
Thanks, Macks. I don't know why, but after everything you guys have said about the game, I just want it more. I have never played a Roguelike, in fact I only learned about them yesterday. I'm digging the weird vibe of the game combined with the fact that it isn't turn-based. I took a look at Shiren The Wanderer, but it didn't really grab me, whereas Baroque seems like it speaks directly to my love for creepy and offbeat games.

oh, and thanks for the suggestions, HM. I'm just now getting back into RPGs, after a long break brought on by the disappointing turn taken by the FF series. Both Persona games look awesome. You'd go for 3 over 4?

Edited on by lockelocke

i_am_error
3DS FC: 5198 - 2459 - 3589
backlockelockery

MERG

EO3 is taking over my life...sapping up all of my free moments. I love it. I am just mapping out B4 of the 1st stratum and am at level 12 for all characters. I'm not sure what skills to pick for the characters when I get the skill points. I hope I don't screw myself with the choices I made.

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

HolyMackerel

@lockelocke Great to know the difficulty and weirdness attract you to the game. They did for me too. I plan on doing a good play through of Baroque eventually... my backlog is immense. The start of the game is a huge mindscrew and I loved it. Really unexpected. I won't spoil it for you.

Yes, I'd choose P3F over P4. 3 has a much better storyline (everyone generally agrees to this), while 4 has a slightly better battle system. I like 3's characters much more too. 3 is also extremely original in its presentation and mechanics, while 4 is pretty much just a slight evolution of what 3 created. And 3 just feels more complete and satisfying to play imo. P.S Get P3 FES, it's the complete version of the game with tweaks and a ton of extra content.

@MERG I don't know what it is about EO3 but it really grabbed me too. EO2 never did that. If you screw up your builds, you can always rest your characters to reset their skill points in exchange for 5 levels.

I'm really stuck on whether I should retire my characters. T_T I figured out what classes I would pick, but the grind back up to 40 from level 20 is a big hurdle to overcome.

HolyMackerel

MERG

@HM...I've never played an EO game before, nor have I played a FPRPG before. EO3 is a great game.

lockelocke

just found a copy of Baroque for $8. punishingly difficult mindscrew, here I come.

edit: what's EO??

Edited on by lockelocke

i_am_error
backlockelockery

MERG

Etrian Odyssey

Spoony_Tech

I'm thinking of making my prince a ninja for sub-class. I like the idea of him healing and high evasion. Hopefully he will never get hit and if he does he will be the first to heal himself. Haven't really thought about the other characters yet though.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

lockelocke

so I played Baroque into the wee hours last night. creepy, ambiguous, confusing, difficult, and definitely not for everyone, but I'm completely addicted. thanks for helping me out, dudes.

i_am_error
backlockelockery

HolyMackerel

@lockelocke Enjoy!

@Tech101 P/N is an interesting combination, but I think N is a better combo for fighting classes like Gladiator and Buccaneer or even Hoplite. You should think about the rest of the skills Ninjas give other than evasion. I made my Buccaneer's subclass Ninja because her agility is already high, and she can spread status effects more easily with Ninja skills, and she can recover TP each time she evades. Then I can clone her and do double attack chases.

HolyMackerel

_zoipi

Anyone trying to participate in the Atlus-o-Weenie this year? I wuld tr, but since i don't live in Canada or US, i can't enter D:

Edited on by _zoipi

_zoipi

Twitter:

CanisWolfred

zoipi wrote:

Anyone trying to participate in the Atlus-o-Weenie this year? I wuld tr, but since i don't live in Canada or US, i can't enter D:

This is the first time I've heard of it.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

HolyMackerel

Go join the Atlus Faithful. They send awesome newsletters with the latest awesome Atlus stuff like the awesome Atlus-o-Weenie and also have awesome special extra bonus gift prize perk rewards.

The P4 T-shirt, Teddie plushie and artbook were great btw. <3

...Though the T-shirt is a few sizes too big for me. o_o

Edited on by HolyMackerel

HolyMackerel

Slapshot

@lockelocke.... if you ever invest in a PS3 buy Demon Souls with the system. If you are enjoying Baroque like that Demon Souls will have you flippin blown away.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

lockelocke

@slapshot
Funny, the dude at gamestop said the same thing. I want a ps3 bbbbad, but I don't think I'll ever end up buying one with the 3ds on the horizon.

i_am_error
backlockelockery

Slapshot

Its a amazing game, one of the best games out there imo.

Oh, and Sony is fully funding/publishing Demon Souls 2 supposively and I cant wait.

Edited on by Slapshot

CanisWolfred

slapshot82 wrote:

Its a amazing game, one of the best games out there imo.

Oh, and Sony is fully funding/publishing Demon Souls 2 supposively and I cant wait.

The announcement itself is a rumor...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Slapshot

http://www.pushsquare.com/19005/tgs-10-project-dark-appears-t...

Sorry thats right, Demon Souls was a collaboration between Sony and From Software who developed the game Atlus published it of course. But the sequel is going mulitplatform outside of Japan hence the new name and Im sure several other things. I dont know if a Demon Souls 2 will actually ever exist but this is the successor.

Edited on by Slapshot

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.