Forums

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Posts 12,861 to 12,880 of 13,141

EllaTheQueen6

@Sakura_Fox I haven't heard of either of those, but I'll check them out! Have you ever seen Lucky Star? It's a good slice of life. It may be older than me, but it's still really good!

Y'all, let's go play Legally Distinct Pocket Creatures!
Vice president/second divine goddess of the Chit-Chat thread

3DS Friend Code: 2252-0354-0887

jedgamesguy

peeks in yeah I'm not a massive manga fan. But I did buy the complete vol 1+2 set of the Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time manga by Akira Himekawa. I have both volumes separately, plus nine or ten other ones, but... it was there in the shop so I went for it.

Haven't turned a single page yet but the book's amazing.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Sakura_Fox

@TheJGG I always forget there's a Legend of Zelda manga. Is there a Wind Waker manga?

Sakura_Fox

EllaTheQueen6

@Sakura_Fox Akira is really cute! My favorite is Konata, as she's an otaku, and she's really short. I generally like short characters as I'm short myself. Have you ever watched Sweetness and Lightning? It's a really cute slice of life.

jedgamesguy

@Sakura_Fox No, there isn't one for Wind Waker. But there is a manga of Phantom Hourglass, which is the direct sequel to Wind Waker. A Link to the Past, Majora's Mask, the Oracle games, the Minish Cap, Four Swords (2vol) and Twilight Princess (8vol and counting) have been adapted as Himekawa mangas.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

RR529

Just finished up the Jaya Island arc in One Piece the other day, and something about Bellemy's voice was bothering me the entire time as it sounded familiar yet I couldn't exactly place why, until the very last episode when it hit me it was Radditz's voice (from DBZ, dub for what it's worth).

The VA doesn't even do anything to make him sound distinct, it's just 100% Radditz.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

kkslider5552000

I've not decided what I'm gonna watch this season (other than the new season of Made in Abyss) and I have to admit with my backlog becoming a thing, among other hobbies, anime's started to be sidelined a little bit for me. I used to watch one episode (occasionally more) of anime every day, now its cut in half. But I did at least finally watch an episode of Naruto Shippuden I actively liked all the way through for the first time in ages. Between that and One Piece I've been impossibly slow for years now to get further in them. I hope I can find some time to finish pre-time skip One Piece and the rest of Shippuden, because I started these series when I was a teenager, this has been delayed too long.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

EllaTheQueen6

@kkslider5552000 My older brother is looking forward to the new season of Made in Abyss. I plan on watching it soon, cause if my brother likes it, it must be good!

Snatcher

Made in abyss was really cool, just not for the faint of heart lol.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Deltarogue

@EllaTheKawaiiNeko Did you hear the rumor going around about a certain yellow giant killing off Shrek in the finale for the upcoming season?

Deltarogue

Solaine

The first season and the movie of Made in Abyss were great, but i heard that the manga really drags afterwards so i am a bit wary about the new season

Edited on by Solaine

"on a scale of 1 to 10, she's an 11, and she'd give herself a 12" ~The Burst, Furi

jedgamesguy

Started Whisper of the Heart last night... it's awesome. Can't wait to see how it goes, because it's so far been written so well.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

jedgamesguy

Finished Whisper of the Heart… @Link-Hero you were absolutely right. One of Ghibli’s best films easily. It’s hard to describe what kind of film it is, apart from the obvious romance, and it wouldn’t be fair to throw it in with slice of life… but that’s kinda what it is.

It’s not just a slice of the pie with the raisins taken out, they keep everything in. In one scene Shizuku and Seiji are walking together down the road, and they stop talking for a few seconds to avoid a car. Shizuku’s dad greets one of his neighbours. Shizuku herself drops Seiji’s coat, and she gets off the bike to grab it. It’s all these little things that make the story so immersive and so believable. It’s not this walled garden production that cleared out the entire city to make room for two lovebirds, it’s a living, breathing environment.

Ah, young love. So adorable yet so painfully awkward!

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

EllaTheQueen6

@Snatcher I may be young, but I'm not the type of person to run at the sight of blood. I already know it's super gory, but I don't mind.

Snatcher

@EllaTheKawaiiNeko Same, It’s a vary good show, And you will probably love it!

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

Snatcher

@EllaTheKawaiiNeko Same, It’s a vary good show, And you will probably love it!

EllaTheQueen6

@Snatcher I probably will love it, as my brother loves it. And my brother has an amazing taste for anime.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic