Forums

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Posts 12,861 to 12,868 of 12,868

jump

Just watched the new/last Evangelion film, I enjoyed it and it does close things off well but meh. There’s a few clever ideas injected into the Eva mythos that do improve it over the 90s version and on many technical levels it’s better than the End Of Evangelion film but it didn't engross me nearly as much. Or maybe I’m just too cynical now compared to when I watched the original Eva?

Ultimately though it’s failed to do what the rebuild movies set out to do which is make Eva for today’s kids (which was about two decades ago lol) as it still feels like it needs the show as a crutch despite going off in its own direction.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

kkslider5552000

A few years ago I watched and enjoyed the first two Rebuild movies. But otherwise, at this point I feel like Eva's kinda just passed me by. Like I've considered properly watching the original series in full, and everything after it if I like it now, but I just look at all the other things I want to do and just lose interest immediately.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Bioshock Infinite Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

RR529

Momokyun Sword (HiDive via VRV) - A twist on the classic Japanese fable of Momotaro, with the hero being gender swapped into Momoko (a well endowed heroine, because anime). It's pretty much fluff & doesn't take itself too seriously (the heroes & villains are just as likely to put their differences aside for a beach day as they are to try & kill each other), but worth a look if you don't mind a fanservicy guilty pleasure (though, while it is very fanservicy it does stop short of actual nudity).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

jump

@kkslider5552000 Yeah but you''re a hipster though, I'd be shocked to see you watch something that popular. ;p

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

kkslider5552000

jump wrote:

Yeah but you''re a hipster though, I'd be shocked to see you watch something that popular. ;p

You come to weird conclusions sometimes. Because I can tell you one of the anime I plan on watching in the Fall is the next season of Demon Slayer, the anime that now legally owns Japan essentially. :V

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Bioshock Infinite Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

RR529

Binged watched all of the Star Wars Visions episodes this morning. Despite being the "safest" premises I think "The Duel" & "The Elder" were amongst my favorites, though I thought "Lop & Ocho" was excellent too, and "the Bride" & "the Ninth Jedi" were very solid. Elsewhere I found myself enjoying the one with the little robot boy (can't remember the name) more than I thought I would, "the Twins" was fun but perhaps a bit OTT considering the source material, and though I appreciate it for doing something different I wasn't big on "Tatooine Rhapsody". Also, while it deserves credit for the unexpected ending, the last one wasn't one of my faves (though I'll admit I wasn't big on it's art direction, so that could have played a part).

Still, overall it's very much worth a look.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

JoeDiddley

Recently I’ve watched Code Geass Season 2, which was great. And the Evangelion Rebuild movies. I loved the second film especially, but I wasn’t as into where it went after that.

In the last couple of days I’ve binged Odd Taxi and I’d also highly recommend it. Best to go in blind and it doesn’t look that good, but then just start watching it.

Switch: SW-2923-8106-2126
PSN: joediddley
https://myanimelist.net/profile/JoeDiddley

1ofUs

Part 4 JoJo is something that needs to be experienced, nobody can tell you how good it is

If you spoil a game i will find you.
It's not quite a me, Mario!

Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic